So what else do you want in 25th style?

KamenDreda

Okay so this isn't another "What figures do you wan to be made in the 25th line" thread. My thought is Hasbro is working really hard to churn out as many updated characters from the early years as they can. THey are doing a great job working their way through the 82-86 joes (and even a bit in to the later years as well) so I think it is a no brainer that if sales keep up, we'll see a vast majority of those original joes make it in to 25th style.

My question is this? Other than specific joes remade based on their original 82-94 version, what else do you want to see in the 25th style. Personally I love the 25th style so I'm hoping we get as much in this style as possible. But specifically, I'd like to see the following:

New Characters from JVC, ST, VVV - Would love to see more recent characters like Barrell ROll, Bombstrike, Scalpel, Black out, Dart get the 25th treatment.

BRAND new characters - WOuld love for hasbro to introduce some never before seen Joes and Cobras in the 25th line

DD Comics versions of classic characters - Was never a big fan of the DD comics but I loved a good number of their more modern designs. Specifically, Shipwreck, Mainframe, Spirit, Cover Girl, Tomax/Xamot, Baroness, Mindbender. I think it is pretty likely that we'll see a number of these cause we are alreay getting SS and FF. Bring on more!

DD Comics Original Characters - Heartwrencher, Firewall, Mariner, Mayday, Armada, Zanya... (why can I only think of the women?)

Hasbro original more modern designs - Like Serpentor and Zartan. I personally loved those and would love to see more updated designs like those two

Civilians - Would be cool if hasbro made some everyday peoples to inhabit the joeverse. Cops, Firemen, business suit men and women, children... the joes have to save SOMEBODY right?

Marvel characters - Since Hasbro has the Marvel liscense and we've heard rumors about a Marvel 3 3/4" line, I hope they realize what a good thing that have with the 25th style and decide to use it on that line too!

Okay.. I think that's all I can think of... What you got?

man dont get me started on things I want in the 25th style. Theres soo many things I want Hasbro to do.

1. comic book accurate Alexander Destro 1st appearance.

2. cartoon accurate characters ie Serpentor, Zaratan, Major Bludd, BAT, Mindbender etc.

3. Fixing the neon/funky(ie fushia) colored figures to using realistic colors on certain figures from the late 80s/early 90s.

4. DD accurate Storm Shadow.

5. PG-13 female figures ie showing alittle more skin.

6. prototypes/preproduction figures from the original 82-94 run.

7. Cobra vehicle drivers/pilots: Strato, Motor, Star viper etc.

I know these may not be realisitic, but those are my suggestions.

I wanna see a revamp of the SHS figures done in 25th style with much better Quality control! As far as Joes I wanna see more army builder packs like a Bat and Viper pack, and of course Airtight and the remaining female characters, even the ones never made like Pythona, Cadet Demming, etc.

The A-Team. Seriously.

I'd love them to do a bunch of other military type characters, like characters from the James Bond movies, the guys from Predator, Aliens, etc. If they did Marvel characters in that style I'd probably buy them too, if only to support the line so I can get a Nick Fury and Punisher 25th-style figure.

If they had done the Indiana Jones figures in the same style, I would have bought them too. They look too much like Star Wars figures though.

man, I'm glad Hasbro doesn't lurk this board, this line would be in trouble if they did and listened.

Well, I wouldn't want those as part of the actual GI Joe line. They'd be a separate line using the same 25th style of construction.

I second The A-Team! I'd love to see them again at this scale. I also wish they'd have done the Indy figures using the 25A construction.

As for other Joe figures, I'd just be happy to keep getting updates from the 82-88 figures.

I'd love to see original characters. Create something we've never seen before. Make it more of an ongoing toy line that way, rather than simply re-releasing updated versions of previously created characters.

Obviously most of us want more vehicles. Create some new ones. I don't care if they're small. I don't think we'll ever see the Flagg or a Terror-drome again but more RAM or VAMP sized vehicles would be appropriate. They're no larger than the Jedi star fighters out there.

Personally I'd love to see 6" versions of the core characters, done in ML style detail with accessories. I know it's a pipe dream, and it's getting more and more expensive to produce these figures but collector's club or HTS only series of Snake Eyes, Duke, Flint, Scarlet, Lady Jay, CC, Destro and the Baroness would be excellent. But I'm happy with what they're doing now. I would love to see more shelf space in stores, more akin to what Star Wars and Spiderman get.

I don't want to see original characters. There's PLENTY for them from the original line, or foreign exclusives, comic/cartoon characters that were never figures, etc. A few fan favourites from the "new sculpt" era would be okay, or even something out of left field like characters from other GI Joe incarnations, like Sigma Six for example.

What I don't want to see is this line become something like the Spy Troops or VVV lines. The line is succesful in large part because it's RAH, after all. Honestly, I don't have a lot of faith in Hasbro's design team unless they're copying the RAH designs.

man, I'm glad Hasbro doesn't lurk this board, this line would be in trouble if they did and listened.

Well, I wouldn't want those as part of the actual GI Joe line. They'd be a separate line using the same 25th style of construction.

things like matching civilian figures, police and fireman and neighborhood accessories are just feminine ideas. what are we turning action figures into, doll houses and neighborhood kits that girls play with that replicate homes and neighborhoods? that is how girls play -- needing every accessory to pretend they are throwing tea parties.

boys go out and play, with good guys and bad guys, in the dirt, and actually pretend and imagine that whatever is available in the backyard, their closet or in the home, is whatever they need for whatever they want to be happening.

and pg-13 action figures that show more skin? if you are even remotely interested in toys being objects of sexual stimulation, which is the only reason to want to see more skin on any replication of the female form, you shouldn't be playing with toys, you should be getting out of the house but staying away from parks and schools.

that's jut my opinion though. my interest in G.I. Joe stops there, not having matching figures from all walks of life. I'm sure in real life the Joes would actually eat, but I don't think Hasbro should be producing 25th style Chefs so I can play that scenario out. or 25th style garbage men to pick up the trash. where should Hasbro draw the line in providing complimenting concepts to pair with G.I. Joe?

I for one don't want to see new characters in this line. NOw Jvc stuff? absouletly! all three stalls, scalpel, dart, kamakura, crosshairsand faces. Some of the ddp chars where a waste (mariner, although neat looking) but others like Firewall (preferably in her outfit that mirrored v1 mainframe) Wraith, Mayday and Zanya were amazing. The new designs in both ddp and Jvc are what i'd really like to see. DDP Shipwreck, DDP Gen. Colton, DDP Spirit, VVV Rollbar, There have been several Cobra soliders "dubbed vipers" that look realistic and i would prefer over the the straight up classic design, Spytroops Grunt, JVC wildbill (both desert and dark green versions, just add hair this time)VVV Jinx, VVV ace, spytroops torpedo out of diving gear,VVV Slipstream, DTC Munita, the CLaws and new-viper designs were really good too but sufferred from some execution errors, Jvc wave 1 gung-ho and duke, and stormy and wet-suit lol. I just love some of these re-designs! some like spirit and shipwreck are the definitive versions for me, others are just really nice ones. I kinda want to count the Humvee driver duke but it bears a lot of resembelence to one of the rah dessert dukes.

Geeze did i just name half of the new sculpt figs?

Anything new that i would want be new night force figs, and i prefer the jvc/spytroops style of nightforce dark green, black and grey. I'd love a nf lady Jaye or scarlet. or figures that have their color schemes fixed. not just toning down neon but i always wondered why bullet proof, was the most solider looking guy the year he came out but spent his time in cities where a more urban attire would look better.

I would love an updated "viper" realistic interreptation of the Cobra solider. Mostly black with some hints of blue like for the mask under the helmet. I'd love updated twins or cgs that were mostly black and realstic with hints of crimson.

things like matching civilian figures, police and fireman and neighborhood accessories are just feminine ideas. what are we turning action figures into, doll houses and neighborhood kits that girls play with that replicate homes and neighborhoods? that is how girls play -- needing every accessory to pretend they are throwing tea parties.

boys go out and play, with good guys and bad guys, in the dirt, and actually pretend and imagine that whatever is available in the backyard, their closet or in the home, is whatever they need for whatever they want to be happening.

and pg-13 action figures that show more skin? if you are even remotely interested in toys being objects of sexual stimulation, which is the only reason to want to see more skin on any replication of the female form, you shouldn't be playing with toys, you should be getting out of the house but staying away from parks and schools.

that's jut my opinion though. my interest in G.I. Joe stops there, not having matching figures from all walks of life. I'm sure in real life the Joes would actually eat, but I don't think Hasbro should be producing 25th style Chefs so I can play that scenario out. or 25th style garbage men to pick up the trash. where should Hasbro draw the line in providing complimenting concepts to pair with G.I. Joe?

I gotta agree with csbr mostly. No reason to show more skin, this a toy for a child. I infact don't like how muchs kin the old and new lj showed i'd prefer the jvc design with an undershirt but then again to most of you all i'm a prude.

Cops and civilian figs? we will never get all our favs from the orginal line! lol these is what knock off lines of for you want it but gsbr i think wanting it and thinking it will happen are two different things. so I gotta cut Dprime some slack there.

Well GSCBR... To each his own. If you go out in your back yard and play with your joes on a regular basis, maybe you are the one that needs to get out more ofter. @smilepunch@

I want civilians for dio-story purposes. Not to play "doll house". How does it make sense to have Cobra invade a city with no inhabitants for them to dominate? I love joe and I love many other toylines, but as I have matured I find it more and more annoying that the "common man" is never represented in any toyline. I mean superheroes wouldn't be very super if everyone in the world had super powers? Where are the people they are suppoed to save?

I mean how is cobra supposed to kidnap that civilian scientist if there is no figure of them? How is Joe supposed to save the towns people if there are none? How is that kid who's parents are killed by an accidental crash of a Joe Skystriker in to his home, supposed to grow up resenting GI Joe and eventually grow up to join cobra if there is no figure of the kid?

Me personally, I find just having Cobra attack the Joe base or GI Joe invading the Terrordrome OVER and OVER agin, VERY boring. GI Joe means nothing if they can't save anyone. THat's why I want civilians... Not quite sure why that idea is so offensive.

I gotta agree with csbr mostly. No reason to show more skin, this a toy for a child. I infact don't like how muchs kin the old and new lj showed i'd prefer the jvc design with an undershirt but then again to most of you all i'm a prude.

Cops and civilian figs? we will never get all our favs from the orginal line! lol these is what knock off lines of for you want it but gsbr i think wanting it and thinking it will happen are two different things. so I gotta cut Dprime some slack there.

Oh, okay I see what you mean now - actually, I agree as well. I was talking about the ideas I posted, like an Aliens, Predator, and/or A-Team line using 25th construction. I personally don't have any interest in civilian figures or that sort of thing (if you do, that's cool, but it's not my thing)... although I do think a police car or SWAT van might fit in. We have Shockwave, after all. Now that I think of it, the old C.O.P.S. line would be pretty cool, although what I'd like even more is if they just resized the original molds down to 3 3/4", but I'm a RAH fan primarily, so there you go...

man dont get me started on things I want in the 25th style. Theres soo many things I want Hasbro to do.

WTF????? Dude!!! What the F*** is wrong with you?

Not only is this an effing TOY LINE, and even tho I'm a hardcore collector, I know this is all mostly for kids...but its the EFFING ARMY!!!! GI Joes are SOLDIERS! What the eff do they not a bunch of hot hotties going around all stripper and sh*t? I can't even take Bazooka seriously cuz he wears a football jersey!!! Get it under control, Bro.

I got to say I back up the guy who said he hopes Hasbro doesn't read these ideas. I know its all in fun, but dang! These ideas blo big chunks!

This is the GI JOE 25th Anniversary line! That means they should stick to ONLY the GI JOES from RAH from the 80's and that's it. If they go adding original crap to it it just turns into VvsV or some sh*t like that.

I don't know how Hasbro can do air vehicles.I like the idea of Hasbro bundling the Ram with Serpy's Air Chariot and the Armidilo with the Flight pod.Cobra needs an air vehicle.Maybe an updated Fire bat or an updated Fang.The Rattler would be out of the question I know.I'm just sayin.

I don't know how Hasbro can do air vehicles.I like the idea of Hasbro bundling the Ram with Serpy's Air Chariot and the Armidilo with the Flight pod.Cobra needs an air vehicle.Maybe an updated Fire bat or an updated Fang.The Rattler would be out of the question I know.I'm just sayin.

A Firebat would be a good reissue in a light grey/blue - that's how they always coloured it in the cartoon, before it was actually released.

WTF????? Dude!!! What the F*** is wrong with you?

Not only is this an effing TOY LINE, and even tho I'm a hardcore collector, I know this is all mostly for kids...but its the EFFING ARMY!!!! GI Joes are SOLDIERS! What the eff do they not a bunch of hot hotties going around all stripper and sh*t? I can't even take Bazooka seriously cuz he wears a football jersey!!! Get it under control, Bro.

I got to say I back up the guy who said he hopes Hasbro doesn't read these ideas. I know its all in fun, but dang! These ideas blo big chunks!

This is the GI JOE 25th Anniversary line! That means they should stick to ONLY the GI JOES from RAH from the 80's and that's it. If they go adding original crap to it it just turns into VvsV or some sh*t like that.

Why would they limit themselves to just the 80's? The 80's did not last 25 years did they? The whole point of this line being the 25th Ann line is that it will cover anything Joe related that existed in that 25 year period of time, Hasbro has said this themselves. I do agree that Hasbro should lay off of anything brand new like characters until way later after just about everything from the last 25 years has been remade.

I'm all for a Zarana in a bikini from the Movie or Baroness in an evening gown from the Cobra Telethon. There is absolutly nothing effing wrong with me either.

Hi Kamen! :)

I agree that adding new characters from the comics (Billy, Kwinn, Firewall, etc.) would be great. And I'd also love to see some of the new characters from the JvC/VvV era, especially Black Out and Faces.