As close as I've gotten to official confermation...

clonekiller72

you know this is exactly what happened with So No Tornado. Come on people keep bitching bout lemonhead.

Oh hey, I hadn't noticed that knucklehead was missing until you mentioned it.

Ssshhhhhh dammit sssssshhhhhhhhh

Its like Beetlejuice, y'say it three times in a row and he'll appear!!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, your field, based on your own description, is animation...NOT toys. So I hate to tell you, sport, but if you think my experience is thin, yours is anorexic. As I said yesterday (and I'll restate today), "if you spend enough time in sales, marketing, and advertising with Fortune 500 companies, you pretty much understand how things work..."

Marketing Bio-tech is related to toy-lines?

Producing designs for animation BASED on and USED BY Toy-line is not?

Does actually working on toy lines not mean.....actually working on toy-lines, as opposed to marketing on bio-tech?

And Disney, Dreamworks, Universal et al are not Fortune 500 companies?

Hey, a janitor can work in a Fortune 500 company--so what does that mean?

You claim to have "owned and operated" your own animation studio and have worked on over 100 different projects. WOW!! That's impressive! Who were your clients? Were you on retainer? How many employees did you have working for you?

I co-founded, and co-owned a studion in Vancouver BC, we employed, at the peak of the time I was there about 15 artists. Our first year of business was about $250,000, the second year was double as was the third. I left the studio to pursue teaching and freelance assignments on my own after the third year. The clients were the companies I listed above, and more.

Then there's the really cool part you tried to slip in, hoping I wouldn't notice: "...[You've] contributed designs to toy-lines...".

QUESTION: Did any get accepted?? If not, you're not exactly an expert in "the toy bidness", or any business, for that matter. Drawing designs and making submissions is NOT the same thing as being a successful toy designer, or managing a marketing department. Again, it sounds like more free-lancing work, combined with some wishful thinking.

I don't make "submissions" )--I do work for pay. Anything I listed above was a paying gig-I did the designs and there were cheques in my hand at the end. If they didn't accept it.....they wouldn't have paid me.

And yes. I've done all those things--been doing them for twenty three years now.

What's above is only half my resume-it doesn't list the illustration work, spot-jobs on every thing from CD album covers, to ads, to posters, commissions, curriculum creation etc.

One thing I make no bones about is that I'm a cartoonist, first and foremost. That's my job description in a single word. I've worn a lot of hats, been asked to wear them and enjoyed the adventures. Only a few of the above jobs have been my forte, I have no pretenses about being an expert at everything, but I do have experience doing those things--I can, in fact, say that with total honesty.

Why am I not doing some of them now? Because I like the freedoms of freelancing more. I can work from home, connect to the world via internet, I can live where I choose and work when I please. Freelance work pays all my bills, my home, my hobby.

I have had direct exerience in the creation, design packaging and marketing toys, certainly at the production-level. Not in theory, not via hawking "bio-tech" or some tangental farce idea that you think applies.

By being the person they say to, it needs to be "this" tall and fit in "that size "box"--having to explore the specific design elements that have it fit those parameters, What colours will work, how much articulation should it have? I wasn't making the end decisions but I was saying: "there can be a universal joint here, or a pin joint there" and they'd consider those things.

What have you done again with toys?

I have given my input as to where text goes on packaging, in juxtaposition to graphics and areas of colour.

I was the guy drawing a "ball, as opposed to a wheel" on a design, with full consideration of the engineering and production challenges either choice would have--they trusted me to make those kinds of calls, and paid me accordingly. That doesn't happen if you do not know, or cannot demonstrate you know what you are doing.

What.......again......have you done in marketing toys?

Oh, that's right.........you market bio-tech.

I get the two confused.

You can call it being at the pointy end of getting the stuff made, not being some joker thinking this six sigma thing applies here or those amount of units need to be sold there.

The only reason I do not do toy-design work today, is because of the deadlines--I hate 'em. I toyed with applying at Hasbro last year based on the reccomendation of a fellow poster and hobbyist who is working there, and after mulling it over.....decided against it. Working for Hasbro offers me nothing I'm not getting right now in other kinds of work--I've done enough "prestigious" stuff anyway.

Its more important to me to spend time with my loved ones and pets then working at my desk all the time and in my mid-40's its time to enjoy life anyways.

I mean, if selling selling biotech qualifies you for working in the toy industry, maybe you should try out for that instead. or is there a little obstacle like having no experience in that field?

Hell, I had cheques in my hand for doing toy design work..........can you make the same claim?

I did not think so.

As I said, your experience is in the creative/design side of the business. Admirable, enjoyable, I may even be a tad envious...But it ain't marketing and sales. And I hate to break it to ya', but if (if!) HASBRO decides to dump LEGENDS, it will be based on decisions made in the marketing and sales department, not by some guy in Packaging. Packaging is an ancillary department...a marketing support department.

That means you spent zero time analyzing sales data, and market research based on sales. That means you have zero experience doing market forecasting, and working on the strategic and tactical development of products.

What you did (or still do) takes place after all of the data-collection, analysis, and decisions have been made. The Marketing team, based on a careful analysis of their market, the sales trends, the competition, etc, has made a decision on how to move forward with new projects. They decide on a course of action, the examine the potential strategies, they choose their tactics...

...And THEN they call you.

Sorry, but being an expert in package design has no relation to being an expert in the marketing.

Yes, as I've said at least 3 times before, my experience is in pharmaceuticals and biotech, NOT toys. But if you understood business as you claim to do, you'd then understand that the basic rules apply throughout industries...And that experience enables you to at least understand WHY a corporation may make the decisions they choose to make.

But you still don't get that. Which supports my original assertion: You don't understand why HASBRO might shift their LEGENDS business model because you really don't understand business models.

Thanks for the clarification.

#US1#

IMST

Oh, by the way...You claim to have voluntarily left a well-paying gig in your chosen field (earning/billing > $1 million per year in the third year of existence) to "pursue teaching and freelance assignments on [your] own after the third year"??? A gig that you owned, no less?!?!?

Yeah...that makes sense.

Sorry, not buying it. Your story just doesn't smell right.

you know this is exactly what happened with So No Tornado. Come on people keep bitching bout lemonhead.

Oh hey, I hadn't noticed that knucklehead was missing until you mentioned it.

Ssshhhhhh dammit sssssshhhhhhhhh

Its like Beetlejuice, y'say it three times in a row and he'll appear!!!

ARROW and I are engaging in a fairly civil debate. It's somewhat rancorous, but ultimately harmless. No real insults have been tossed about. No foul language, either. And no one's mother has been impugned.

In other words, it has zero affect on you. If you don't like it, don't read it.

That is all.

#US1#

pfftt you two are having either a

"Did not! Did so!" fight

or a

"I'm better than you are" fight

come on now just admit it & move along now :D Or not... either way its entertaining @popcorn@ @drink@

That means you spent zero time analyzing sales data, and market research based on sales. That means you have zero experience doing market forecasting, and working on the strategic and tactical development of products.

And you have been doing forecasts for the toy industry? You converse with toy industry reporters and retailers? Have you've been reading the toy industry/hobby trade magazines like Tomarts and Lees, which report and forecast sales figures for various action figure lines? Are you reading Toysource, Teikoku, TDMonthly--have you ever heard of these? Or are you just another guy with a MBA that happens to buy/collect toys?

Answer honestly.

Or are you generalizing? Sounds like you are--which makes your opinion no more relevant or insightful than anyone else posting here.

Gee, if the sales and marketing of pharmaceutical drugs was so broad-based and all-encompassing, why the heck does it need people with experience doing just that? Cripes, why does the toy industry need equally specifically skilled people? Why not just go out on the street and ask a passerby if they can forecast the next 3 quarters???

Maybe my experience isn't zero....

Oh, by the way...You claim to have voluntarily left a well-paying gig in your chosen field (earning/billing > $1 million per year in the third year of existence) to "pursue teaching and freelance assignments on [your] own after the third year"??? A gig that you owned, no less?!?!?

Yeah...that makes sense.

Cannot wrap your head around it?

You are an MBA and you cannot grasp that? Oh thats right..........you are just an MBA....

Believe it.

My partners wanted to pursue projects with a purely monetary outcome, and I wanted to pursue some projects simply because they appealed to my interests, but paid less to the studio.

I left the studio to pursue just those kinds of projects on my own, rather than be vetoed.

Isn't that why someone would do that?

Money isn't job satisfaction in my field...........can you smell that now?

Certainly someone who understands business would understands motives in career choices....

Yeah...that makes sense.

Wow! Arrow! He's not buying it. It's almost like he doesn't understand anything but pharmaceuticals.

He's sure got lots of time to wack on the nerdnet for guy who's a Fortune 500 pharmaceuticals peddler.

I work for a fortune 600 company(That's 100 better by God) selling biotech pharmaceuticals and I say Hasbro will make some sort of decision based on none of the information or supposition in this thread.

Janitors work at fortune 500 companies. Hee hee.

And now... Let the the bolstering continue.

GEEK

pfftt you two are having either a

"Did not! Did so!" fight

or a

"I'm better than you are" fight

come on now just admit it & move along now :D Or not... either way its entertaining @popcorn@ @drink@

Actually, its neither of those.

Its a "share or shut up" fight in my eyes.

Lemonhead is only interested in broadcasting that other people are wrong, and he's missing a prime opportunity to share what he knows and why he thinks things are as he sees them. Its all about his own ego--and the problem is he's forgotten that he's not the only "experienced" soul posting on here.

Because of that, he's painted himself into a bit of a corner......mostly because he mistakenly thinks that "louder" means "more truthful"--when all its doing is making more people tune him out.

Its kind of hard to self-declare you are always "right" about something when nobody cares to listen you to in the first place.

Heck, I don't even have a degree and I have that all figured out!

Wow! Arrow! He's not buying it. It's almost like he doesn't understand anything but pharmaceuticals.

<shrugs>

I'm not sure what he understands, mostly because he has just said "he knows and I don't" and little else of substance.

I mean I'd love to read what he's basing his own assumptions on, and see if they are any less valid than my own or anyone else here. Its an opportunity to learn that's being denied and that he's not taking advantage of it.

It sounds more and more to me like he's stuck his foot in his mouth and is at a loss how to pull it out.

That's a contest of egos for ya.

Here's something else for everyone to think about:

My work experience is just an example. Its not about my "penis being bigger" or that I'm "better" than anyone else, its just an example. I am proud of what I have done, but I'm by no means at the top of the heap--(you should see some of the resumes of people I know.)

When used in the context of a discussion thread like this, its simply a POV that says there's some direct involvement there--anyone could have that kind of involvement. The outcome of the message is about consideration.

If someone has an opposing POV, then examples/experience/informed POVs just offer them something else to consider. In my mind the ulitmate aim of that "something" is to gain some kind of happiness or serenity. If someone does or does not want to embrace that, its their choice.

An old lesson I once got that cites : "There are no rights or wrongs here, only discoveries"--something I think everyone could take to heart.

For the life of me after reading through the retorts, rebuttals, and rehashing all I can muster up is a simple movie quote. *clears throat*

"Look at the big brain on Brad. You'se a smart mutha#$%@." - Samuel "BMF" L. Jackson - Pulp Fiction

That and this argument will hopefully become moot this weekend - if/when Hasbro shows up to NYCC.

So you disagree. Whatever. Other than saying I'm wrong (impossible), you haven't offered anything other than your own supposition and conjecture, backed-up by...Nothing.

If you noticed, the fact that there ISN'T anything but supposition and conjecture being bandied about was pretty much my point. I didn't need to back that up, it was all perfectly available to anyone who pays any attention at all to the goings-on at this board, which we all know you do.

Even the information I provided about GI Joe, Transformers, the Cloverfield monster, etc, and their relation to collectors... it's all right here if you click a few links.

And I'm still waiting to hear...What is your "field"??? The one that gives you such vast knowledge. C'mon...Do tell!!

You mean the 'vast knowledge' that I fully admit has no bearing and importance, that I only brought up to counter your flawed claims of being 'realistic'?

No. It's not that I don't have credentials, it's not that I don't have a career, it's not that I don't have a resume to cut-and-paste, and honestly, under other circumstances I may have shared them. But my career has nothing to do with this. I fully admit my lack of professional business acumen. My expertise has not been on trial here, save for the single instance I brought it up to counter a single point you were trying to make- one which had no actual bearing on your expertise.

My point has not been that I know better than you because I'm more of a professional. My point has been that you are making unsupported claims and hiding behind your profession. I will not be baited into debating career experience with you when that is not the issue at hand.

Oh, and BTW...Business NEVER uses a "wait-n-see" approach. EVER. To "wait-n-see" is to risk losing literally millions of dollars. Business analyzes data endlessly to predict future behavior based on past experience...And forecasts appropriately.

Now, why is it that I know this, and you...Don't???

I never said I didn't know it. I said that a realistic person, given the information that is at hand, would come to the 'wait and see' conclusion. I said that you were supporting your pessimistic opinions with rumors and hiding behind your profession to dissuade others from seeing that your claims are just as hollow as anyone else's at this time.

But hey, if it helps you to think that I'm the one who doesn't get it, and who is missing the point, and doesn't have a leg to stand on... well, you're wrong, but you love being arrogant too much to ever admit to that, so you'll either try to twist the issue around again, or you'll make some snappy pompous remark that tries to hide that you have nothing left to offer the discussion, but need to have the last word.

What was this thread about again? After reading the last two pages I seem to have forgotten. I also have a headache.

To recap for you:

It begain with an assumption and misinterpretation regarding a opinion/news piece about the "cancellation" of the Marvel Legends ICON wave, and HML4 wave.

Various voiced chimed in and either offered condemnation towards Hasbro, or resignation about the supposed loss of the line.

Other voices noted that the actual news release that was sent out had specific wording that did NOT infer the line was cancelled, but would in fact reappear "in some form".

The other voices began speculating on what "other form" the line would appear as.

Then a specific poster chimed in, as has been seen their wont, that they were right in their prediction about the line being cancelled, and that they were correct all along and that the rest of us were wrong and knew nothing.

Then that was countered with sensible and direct counter-arguments ranging from repeating the messages that the wording from hasbro did not say the line was cancelled to speculations that the line would be changed to.......something else.

Whereupon that specific poster again reiterated that non-one in the thread knew what they were talking about, that they alone knew how Hasbro would apply their business sense to the situation and the outcome was exactly as this person decreed. And that they were right and the rest of us were wrong, again.

Then this person was directly challenged as to their "knowledge, and it was revealed they had "experience".

Then it was said that they were not alone in having experience and counter points were made.

Of course, that aforementioned poster wouldn't accept that other parties have experience and attempted to shoot down all other comments, opinions and points made. This poster was claiming that a totally unrelated field gave them insight into business matters because they sold pharmaceuticals, as opposed to toys. And that everyone else was wrong and that they were right.

Penis-slapping then ensued, with other people chiming in saying that penis-slapping had ensued.

Its.........well.........its the usual internet forum slap-fight writ ad nauseum........again.

Remember, I want the white cheddar crap on my popcorn and LOTS of ice with my cola.

And you have been doing forecasts for the toy industry? You converse with toy industry reporters and retailers? Have you've been reading the toy industry/hobby trade magazines like Tomarts and Lees, which report and forecast sales figures for various action figure lines? Are you reading--have you ever heard of these? Or are you just another guy with a MBA that happens to buy/collect toys?

Answer honestly.

Or are you generalizing? Sounds like you are--which makes your opinion no more relevant or insightful than anyone else posting here.

Gee, if the sales and marketing of pharmaceutical drugs was so broad-based and all-encompassing, why the heck does it need people with experience doing just that? Cripes, why does the toy industry need equally specifically skilled people? Why not just go out on the street and ask a passerby if they can forecast the next 3 quarters???

Yeah...that makes sense.

You are an MBA and you cannot grasp that? Oh thats right..........you are just an MBA....

Believe it.

My partners wanted to pursue projects with a purely monetary outcome, and I wanted to pursue some projects simply because they appealed to my interests, but paid less to the studio.

I left the studio to pursue just those kinds of projects on my own, rather than be vetoed.

Certainly someone who understands business would understands motives in career choices....

I've said endlessly (at least 3 times) that I haven't worked in the Toy industry. I also said (endlessly) that, in terms of this little tete-a-tete, it's utterly irrelevant, and that's the part you keep (intentionally) glossing over...so I'll repeat it ONE MORE time, just so it'll sink in:

Certain facets of business are UNIVERSAL. That means, regardless of your particular profession or industry, some things are done the same way.

Those things are generally based on how marketing and sales are synchronized to further the company's objectives. And by the way, for the uninitiated (such as yourself), "corporate objectives" means FINANCIAL objectives.

You seem blissfully unaware that HASBRO exists to sell toys, NOT to please a small sub-set of comic fan-boys. As one of those fan-boys myself, it bugs me, but as someone who simultaneously has extensive experience in marketing and sales (again, which you don't), I understand the process, and the potential decisions. THEREFORE...(and this is key, so read carefully)...It puts me in a good position to make assessments about what they may be doing or thinking in regards to how their toys are marketed. Again, that kind of insight is based on the FACT that certain business processes (forecasting, market research, segmentation, positioning, and strategic objectives) are UNIVERSAL...Everyone does it.

Is that a "guess"? I suppose so, since I'm not employed by HASBRO. But it's an educated guess, not a shot in the dark.

So let's see...I have an MBA, I have extensive experience in Marketing and Sales, and you...Sit around reading trade journals all day ("Toysource, Teikoku, TDMonthly"), and you somehow think that makes your experience equivalent to mine?

LOL! That's funny. Even if combined with your "vast" experience in the toy industry (and yes, I meant that sarcastically, 'cuz you don't actually have it), if, in some fantasy-land world, the two of us submitted resumes to HASBRO or MATTEL for a Product Manager's job, only one of us would actually be considered for the position. And, since HASBRO is a corporation (meaning a business...meaning they like to make money...meaning they LIKE to have employees who understand business), I think you know who that person would be.

And speaking of smells...I sniffed your story out almost perfectly. I was right...You're doing mostly Freelance work. Again, nothing wrong per se with Freelancing...But it does shed a little light on the hundreds of projects you claim to have "worked on". So let's be clear...Since I also have experience with Agencies (Darn! That experience thing keeps getting in the way of your story!) and Freelancers, those hundreds of projects you "worked on" weren't really your projects...They belonged to someone else. They merely hired you to work on their projects. They supplied the brain-power, and the capital, and the organizational structure...You came in, did a little bit here, a little more there, and now you'd like to claim them as your own?!?!?

Nice try...But I'm not buyin' that one either.

Finally, the most revealing part of your latest "spin" is the reveal on your "company". I absolutely LOVE this quote:

"My partners wanted to pursue projects with a purely monetary outcome, and I wanted to pursue some projects simply because they appealed to my interests, but paid less to the studio."

Wow!!! What a head for business you have!!!! "Hey, guys! Let's start a company!!! And let's try to NOT make money!!!"

Like I said yesterday, many "creative" types are absolutely clueless when it comes to business. That's why a lot of them are frustrated. They sit around all day spinning ideas about what they think will be "Like, really cool!", and they try to convince others of their scheme. When their scheme falls apart because they haven't actually thought through the business implications of their ideas (such as "Would anyone actually buy this idea??"), they become angry and embittered.

They end up making fun of business-type guys with MBA's...Or, they quit in a huff, and get a part-time teaching gig.

#US1#

Oh, one more thing. Just because you were paid for your submissions, or your work as a Freelancer on your "gigs", that doesn't mean that your idea was actually ACCEPTED and put into production. That means only that you were paid for your time. Not bad, but it's not the same thing now, is it??

And you have been doing forecasts for the toy industry? You converse with toy industry reporters and retailers? Have you've been reading the toy industry/hobby trade magazines like Tomarts and Lees, which report and forecast sales figures for various action figure lines? Are you reading--have you ever heard of these? Or are you just another guy with a MBA that happens to buy/collect toys?

Answer honestly.

Yeah...that makes sense.

Believe it.

I've said endlessly (at least 3 times) that I haven't worked in the Toy industry. I also said (endlessly) that, in terms of this little tete-a-tete, it's utterly irrelevant, and that's the part you keep (intentionally) glossing over...so I'll repeat it ONE MORE time, just so it'll sink in:

Certain facets of business are UNIVERSAL. That means, regardless of your particular profession or industry, some things are done the same way.

Those things are generally based on how marketing and sales are synchronized to further the company's objectives. And by the way, for the uninitiated (such as yourself), "corporate objectives" means FINANCIAL objectives.

You seem blissfully unaware that HASBRO exists to sell toys, NOT to please a small sub-set of comic fan-boys. As one of those fan-boys myself, it bugs me, but as someone who simultaneously has extensive experience in marketing and sales (again, which you don't), I understand the process, and the potential decisions. THEREFORE...(and this is key, so read carefully)...It puts me in a good position to make assessments about what they may be doing or thinking in regards to how their toys are marketed. Again, that kind of insight is based on the FACT that certain business processes (forecasting, market research, segmentation, positioning, and strategic objectives) are UNIVERSAL...Everyone does it.

Is that a "guess"? I suppose so, since I'm not employed by HASBRO. But it's an educated guess, not a shot in the dark.

So let's see...I have an MBA, I have extensive experience in Marketing and Sales, and you...Sit around reading trade journals all day ("Toysource, Teikoku, TDMonthly"), and you somehow think that makes your experience equivalent to mine?

LOL! That's funny. Even if combined with your "vast" experience in the toy industry (and yes, I meant that sarcastically, 'cuz you don't actually have it), if, in some fantasy-land world, the two of us submitted resumes to HASBRO or MATTEL for a Product Manager's job, only one of us would actually be considered for the position. And, since HASBRO is a corporation (meaning a business...meaning they like to make money...meaning they LIKE to have employees who understand business), I think you know who that person would be.

And speaking of smells...I sniffed your story out almost perfectly. I was right...You're doing mostly Freelance work. Again, nothing wrong per se with Freelancing...But it does shed a little light on the hundreds of projects you claim to have "worked on". So let's be clear...Since I also have experience with Agencies (Darn! That experience thing keeps getting in the way of your story!) and Freelancers, those hundreds of projects you "worked on" weren't really your projects...They belonged to someone else. They merely hired you to work on their projects. They supplied the brain-power, and the capital, and the organizational structure...You came in, did a little bit here, a little more there, and now you'd like to claim them as your own?!?!?

Finally, the most revealing part of your latest "spin" is the reveal on your "company". I absolutely LOVE this quote:

"My partners wanted to pursue projects with a purely monetary outcome, and I wanted to pursue some projects simply because they appealed to my interests, but paid less to the studio."

Wow!!! What a head for business you have!!!! "Hey, guys! Let's start a company!!! And let's try to NOT make money!!!"

Like I said yesterday, many "creative" types are absolutely clueless when it comes to business. That's why a lot of them are frustrated. They sit around all day spinning ideas about what they think will be "Like, really cool!", and they try to convince others of their scheme. When their scheme falls apart because they haven't actually thought through the business implications of their ideas (such as "Would anyone actually buy this idea??"), they become angry and embittered.

They end up making fun of business-type guys with MBA's...Or, they quit in a huff, and get a part-time teaching gig.

Yeah, I've seen that before...Have you?

#US1#

So, as an uninvolved bystander watching two presumably grown men dropping their pants and reaching for the rulers, I have a question.

You emphasize your vast sales and marketing background. As I'm sure you know, they are largely a numbers based business, and you of course understand the process and the potential decisions. Therefore, for you to be able to come to this conclusion, you must have access to Hasbro's internal sales figures (since even they can't make these decisions without the numbers), specifically the sales of Marvel Legends vs. Marvel Movie based figures. Care to share them with us?

Answer honestly.

Yeah...that makes sense.

Believe it.

Yeah, I've seen that before...Have you?

#US1#

So, as an uninvolved bystander watching two presumably grown men dropping their pants and reaching for the rulers, I have a question.

You emphasize your vast sales and marketing background. As I'm sure you know, they are largely a numbers based business, and you of course understand the process and the potential decisions. Therefore, for you to be able to come to this conclusion, you must have access to Hasbro's internal sales figures (since even they can't make these decisions without the numbers), specifically the sales of Marvel Legends vs. Marvel Movie based figures. Care to share them with us?

Re-read my previous post CAREFULLY. The answer to your question WILL be found within. I guarantee it.

#US1#

BTW, your characterization of "two presumably grown men dropping their pants and reaching for the rulers" is absurd. This entire discussion started when I was asked what formed the basis of my personal insights in to the (supposed/possible) decision made by HASBRO regarding the future of MARVEL LEGENDS.

I responded, simply, "Experience". When that wasn't enough for some, they asked for clarification on that experience, which I provided. When I was informed by a few members as to why, in their august opinions, that experience wasn't in TOYS (Duh!!), I explained that it didn't matter...Then I explained it again, and again, and again...Ad nauseum.

But that's still not enough for some folks. Never will be, because they want to presume that they are somehow "experts", despite all evidence (provided by themselves) to the contrary.

Hopefully, that's clear enough for you.

IMST

I personally don't see the point in going back and forth with Lemonhead over anything at all. It's like telling a brick wall to move, it's not going to happen, you're not going to convince him that he's wrong in any way shape or form, I'm quite sure you could be in the employ of Hasbro and tell him he's wrong and he'd still quite simply state "Impossible, I am all-knowing." While I don't believe him to be right, I respect the fact that he is (while an @$$hole) one that will defend himself even when faced with the whole of the community disagreeing with him.

Arguing with him is a pointless waste of your time that you could use for something productive. Just agree to disagree and move on or, if he pisses you off that much, just ignore him.

I, personally don't believe any of the claims made by any party in this argument, nothing personal to either ARROW or Lemonhead, there's just a burden of proof especially when it comes to the internets. For all any of us know you're both 17, unemployed and still residing with your parents.

I say we all just agree to disagree and leave it at that. There are no true facts to back up either side other than the fact that the line will re-appear "In some form", which could mean something or nothing.

Really we have to "wait and see" exactly what Hasbro has in store for us as collectors. If they continue "Woo...friggin...whoo" (It's not like they've been producing the best of Action figures), if not...I'll be doing more customs and start taking commissions.

He Loves You.

Re-read my previous post CAREFULLY. The answer to your question WILL be found within. I guarantee it.

#US1#

BTW, your characterization of "two presumably grown men dropping their pants and reaching for the rulers" is absurd. This entire discussion started when I was asked what formed the basis of my personal insights in to the (supposed/possible) decision made by HASBRO regarding the future of MARVEL LEGENDS.

I responded, simply, "Experience". When that wasn't enough for some, they asked for clarification on that experience, which I provided. When I was informed by a few members as to why, in their august opinions, that experience wasn't in TOYS (Duh!!), I explained that it didn't matter...Then I explained it again, and again, and again...Ad nauseum.

But that's still not enough for some folks. Never will be, because they want to presume that they are somehow "experts", despite all evidence (provided by themselves) to the contrary.

IMST

Nope, re-read it, no numbers.

Perfectly clear. Please wash off the ruler when you're done.

I personally don't see the point in going back and forth with Lemonhead over anything at all. It's like telling a brick wall to move, it's not going to happen, you're not going to convince him that he's wrong in any way shape or form, I'm quite sure you could be in the employ of Hasbro and tell him he's wrong and he'd still quite simply state "Impossible, I am all-knowing." While I don't believe him to be right, I respect the fact that he is (while an @$$hole) one that will defend himself even when faced with the whole of the community disagreeing with him.

Arguing with him is a pointless waste of your time that you could use for something productive. Just agree to disagree and move on or, if he pisses you off that much, just ignore him.

I, personally don't believe any of the claims made by any party in this argument, nothing personal to either ARROW or Lemonhead, there's just a burden of proof especially when it comes to the internets. For all any of us know you're both 17, unemployed and still residing with your parents.

I say we all just agree to disagree and leave it at that. There are no true facts to back up either side other than the fact that the line will re-appear "In some form", which could mean something or nothing.

Really we have to "wait and see" exactly what Hasbro has in store for us as collectors. If they continue "Woo...friggin...whoo" (It's not like they've been producing the best of Action figures), if not...I'll be doing more customs and start taking commissions.

He Loves You.

You're right there's no point. Just bored at work. Waiting for NYCC.

#US1#

IMST

I hear the theme song from the TWILIGHT ZONE playing in my head...

Listen (read) carefully: You DON'T need to work for HASBRO to understand how business operates.

I never claimed to have "numbers". How this idea managed to seep into your brain is a mystery. What happens once it gets inside is also mysterious, and I have serious concerns about your synaptic processes.

Either way, you bore me. Come back when you have something to contribute.

#US1#

He Loves You.

If I was wrong, and if you were at all persuasive, you'd convince me.

Nothing like that has been found on this thread.

#US1#

#US1#

IMST

I hear the theme song from the TWILIGHT ZONE playing in my head...

Listen (read) carefully: You DON'T need to work for HASBRO to understand how business operates.

I never claimed to have "numbers". How this idea managed to seep into your brain is a mystery. What happens once it gets inside is also mysterious, and I have serious concerns about your synaptic processes.

Either way, you bore me. Come back when you have something to contribute.

#US1#

It "seeped" into my brain because no sales expert I have ever dealt with could make projections without sales numbers. Obviously your superior "synaptic processes" have found a way to do this with no knowledge of the facts. Congratulations, not even Hasbro (who you don't work for, we get it) can do that.

By the way, I never suggested that you needed to work for Hasbro to understand how business operates. You do however need facts (ie. numbers) to make business decisions. Lacking that, you have only an opinion.

Don't care if I bore you. You no longer amuse me. Good day.

Nope. There isn't.

Hasbro should just make figures of Lemonhead dressed as Dr Doom, with Arrow and the rest the boards dressed as heroes, so we can set up a play battle and the heroes could break the "Dr lemonhead's" head off to reveal a "lemon-bot"!

Cause, you know Lemonhead is just that smart as to create a robot of himself so he can argue multiple posts at once and NEVER lose.

Now that's a super-villian!!!! @loll@