As close as I've gotten to official confermation...

clonekiller72

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, most "creative" types don't know squat about what drives business. They look at the economy as a zero-sum game, and have NO idea about how to generate revenue AND turn profits.

Want my experience? Fine.

MBA

Sales Representative: 2 years (pharmaceuticals)

Marketing Manager: 5 years (pharmaceuticals); included the launch of multi-million dollar products.

Marketing Director: 2 years (Bio-Tech)

Account Supervisor: Advertising, Madison Avenue: 2 years

Copy Supervisor: Advertising, Madison Avenue: 2 years

Now, since you're predictable, the first thing you'll say is "BS, I don't believe it!"

Fine. Whatever. The next thing you'll say is: "That's NOT toys or games!!!"

To which I'll respond: "No kidding." But if you spend enough time in sales, marketing, and advertising with Fortune 500 companies, you pretty much understand how things work...

Ok, sporty...You wanted to play in the sand-box. Got a shovel??

Well, you certainly do not have anything related to toys or games on your credentials--that weighs against you.

Here's my shovelful.

I've worked at over 20 different animation studios, on almost 100 different projects, I've worked on comics, illustration, computer games, text books, advertising, packaging art......and toys.

I've contributed designs to toy-lines like Reboot, and some pre-school lines that never saw the light of day, as well as a couple of vinyl designer toys that I cannot divulge because of NDAs.

I've owned an operated an animation studio, consulted on the formation of a TV network ( Teletoon, in Canada) and taught for almost a decade at several art colleges.

My client list has been Walt Disney Productions, Dreamworks, Universal, Hanna Barbera, DIC, Mainframe, Berliner Film Companie, Cartoon Network, just to name-drop a few.

Here's some shows I've worked on: ( from Storyboard to animation, design and/or animation layout)

REN AND STIMPY (pilot and 2nd season)-- Baby Huey--Batman: the Animated Series TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES--JAMES BOND JR.--CONAN AND THE BARBARIAN KIDS--MIGHTY MAX--CONAN--PINK PANTHER--REBOOT--MUTANT LEAGUE--PRINCESS GUENIVIERE AND THE JEWEL RIDERS--ACTION MAN--FREAKAZOID--WING COMMANDER ACADEMY--DUMB AND DUMBER--EARTHWORM JIM--DEADSPACE--FERNGULLY 2: THE MAGIC CONTINUES--JOHNNY BRAVO--BRAND SPANKING NEW DOUG--101 DALMATIANS-SERIES--MUMMIES ALIVE--INVASION AMERICA--FRANKLIN THE TURTLE--NED'S NEWT--DOUG'S MONSTER VALENTINE MOVIE--DISNEY'S DOUG--A LITTLE CURIOUS--CORDUROY--AAAAAAGH, IT'S THE MR. HELL SHOW--YVON OF THE YUKON--D' MYNA LEAGUES-WHAT ABOUT MIMI--THE ZETA PROJECT--THE NEVERENDING ADVENTURES OF FROSTY THE SNOWMAN--BIONICLE 3: CITY OF SHADOW--CD-ROM Game: GOD OF WAR--CLASS OF THE TITANS--CHAOTIC—SPACEBALLS:THE ANIMATED SERIES

And you are telling me I don't know what I'm talking about?

its fun when nerds fight online :P

arrow :wub: pas the popcorn please someone!

I resent the "nerd" remark, I'm a geek and I have the pay-stubs to prove it.

I want the white cheddar crap on my popcorn too please.

And ice in the cola.

LOTS of ice.

Here's my $0.02 on what's going down:

It's going one of three ways:

1) ML has been delayed for "improvements" which result in better figures. So much the better.

2) ML has been delayed for "improvements" which result in worse figures. Then my collection is done.

3) ML is no more. Well I think it was a heck of a run, it lasted longer than any other Superhero line I can think of, and I'm greatfull. Nothing last forever.

I don't have an MBA, I don't work in the industry, I do sales, that's what I know.

There could be a 4th option I'm not thinking of. I'm not infalible.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see after the weekend.

Here you go pal. @popcorn@

Sorry ARROW I don't seem to have any ice @drink@ , it's plenty cold though.

I resent the "nerd" remark, I'm a geek and I have the pay-stubs to prove it.

I want the white cheddar crap on my popcorn too please.

And ice in the cola.

LOTS of ice.

nerd geek... details details ! :Dwe all part of the same family!

4) This is all a sociology experiment sparked by chem-trails and special stroboscopic/haromonic signals transmitted by annoying banner ads.

Well, it COULD be....

4) This is all a sociology experiment sparked by chem-trails and special stroboscopic/haromonic signals transmitted by annoying banner ads.

Well, it COULD be....

I was actually going to put this in my post as an option. I decided against it because I assumed you'd all think I was a conspiracy nut.

^_^

However, most "creative" types don't know squat about what drives business. They look at the economy as a zero-sum game, and have NO idea about how to generate revenue AND turn profits.

MBA

Marketing Manager: 5 years (pharmaceuticals); included the launch of multi-million dollar products.

Now, since you're predictable, the first thing you'll say is "BS, I don't believe it!"

To which I'll respond: "No kidding." But if you spend enough time in sales, marketing, and advertising with Fortune 500 companies, you pretty much understand how things work...

Well, you certainly do not have anything related to toys or games on your credentials--that weighs against you.

Here's my shovelful.

I've worked at over 20 different animation studios, on almost 100 different projects, I've worked on comics, illustration, computer games, text books, advertising, packaging art......and toys.

I've contributed designs to toy-lines like Reboot, and some pre-school lines that never saw the light of day, as well as a couple of vinyl designer toys that I cannot divulge because of NDAs.

I've owned an operated an animation studio, consulted on the formation of a TV network ( Teletoon, in Canada) and taught for almost a decade at several art colleges.

My client list has been Walt Disney Productions, Dreamworks, Universal, Hanna Barbera, DIC, Mainframe, Berliner Film Companie, Cartoon Network, just to name-drop a few.

Here's some shows I've worked on: ( from Storyboard to animation, design and/or animation layout)

REN AND STIMPY (pilot and 2nd season)-- Baby Huey--Batman: the Animated Series TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES--JAMES BOND JR.--CONAN AND THE BARBARIAN KIDS--MIGHTY MAX--CONAN--PINK PANTHER--REBOOT--MUTANT LEAGUE--PRINCESS GUENIVIERE AND THE JEWEL RIDERS--ACTION MAN--FREAKAZOID--WING COMMANDER ACADEMY--DUMB AND DUMBER--EARTHWORM JIM--DEADSPACE--FERNGULLY 2: THE MAGIC CONTINUES--JOHNNY BRAVO--BRAND SPANKING NEW DOUG--101 DALMATIANS-SERIES--MUMMIES ALIVE--INVASION AMERICA--FRANKLIN THE TURTLE--NED'S NEWT--DOUG'S MONSTER VALENTINE MOVIE--DISNEY'S DOUG--A LITTLE CURIOUS--CORDUROY--AAAAAAGH, IT'S THE MR. HELL SHOW--YVON OF THE YUKON--D' MYNA LEAGUES-WHAT ABOUT MIMI--THE ZETA PROJECT--THE NEVERENDING ADVENTURES OF FROSTY THE SNOWMAN--BIONICLE 3: CITY OF SHADOW--CD-ROM Game: GOD OF WAR--CLASS OF THE TITANS--CHAOTIC—SPACEBALLS:THE ANIMATED SERIES

Ok hold the phone.....

There was a Spaceballs animated series??? @loll@

You need to see the BIG picture.

Before I show you, let me comment on a few points:

1. I don't hate EVERYTHING Hasbro...Just most things pertaining to Hasbro's handling of the Marvel license...Which, if you're a fan and/or collector of Marvel Legends, should be disappointing, given the clearly delineated blue-print for success that Toy-Biz drafted.

The... what? Toy Biz could hardly stick with a gimmick long enough to see IF it worked. They flubbed nearly every box set, if not in concept, then in distribution. They shorted popular waves and extended ones that weren't selling. The bulk of Legendary Riders (well after said 'formula' would have been established) was a failure from start to finish. The BAFs were getting smaller long before Hasbro was even rumored to have the license. Toy Biz had plenty of promises they didn't deliver on, screw-ups that had no excuse, and shoddy workmanship on many levels, but you're willing to cut them more slack because they put out so many figures in the six years (or so) that they had the line that you can easily find the high points.

Toy Biz had success, yes... but it doesn't take any sort of professional to realize that it wasn't the result of careful planning, and more the result of producing so much that some of it HAD to be good.

2. I'm insightful because I'm realistic...And because I have lots of experience in marketing and sales. By reading the proverbial tea-leaves, and observing the behavior of Hasbro, I'm pretty sure that I've deduced the future of Marvel Legends.

And here's where MY field comes in. You're not being realistic, because you're making assumptions to back up an opinion you already hold. To be truly realistic, you'd look around at what's being said and done (as well as what's NOT said and done) and come to the conclusion... that there is no solid conclusion to reach at this juncture. A realistic person would be taking a 'wait and see' approach, not a 'it's going to hell in a handbasket, I called it, throw me a parade' approach.

(...And let's be REAL clear. This didn't happen in a vacuum. Marvel didn't give Hasbro the license and then discover, as if by magic, that movie toys, by golly, sell REALLY WELL! They observed and studied the success of the Star Wars franchise, decided they wanted a piece of that action, so to speak, and decided that TOY-BIZ did not have the capability to pull that off.)

Yes, but both Marvel and Hasbro realize and understand that movies alone do not make the toy world go 'round. That's why GI Joe is celebrating a 25th anniversary, targeted squarely to collectors (not to mention that it marks the SEVENTH relaunch of the line- you don't spend that much time and money on something that isn't making bank). A similar thing can be said about Transformers. Sure, Hasbro cashed in on the movie (as they should have), but the brand has proven it's longevity without it. Quite frankly, Hasbro would be stupid to not cash in on the movies that relate to properties and licenses that they hold, but keeping the name on the shelf requires seeing what else you can do with it (Transformers Classics, for example).

3. I would think that my insight actually means a whole lot, especially on this board! You do realize, after all, that this is a message board dedicated to discussions on toys based on Marvel comics characters, right?? If so, you should be interested in my insight, NOT because it affects either Marvel or Hasbro's decisions, but because it reveals the nature of those decisions, and the impact on the fan-base. Hopefully, that makes sense...

You haven't provided insight. You've provided assumptions, opinions, pessimism, and arrogance. Any single person here with or without your qualifications can take these rampant speculations and do the exact same thing with them. I'm not trying to give the 'you're not important' blow-off, but quite frankly, you seem to think you're gracing this board with your very presence, and I have yet to see you contribute anything that even remotely backs up all your bravado.

And no, before you ask, I don't think I'm any more important in the scheme of things either. I don't really think I provide any 'services' that are better than yours, just a different attidtude. I try to approach this board as a geek with some time on his hands and a desire to talk about toys, not a guy who everyone should be glad has deigned to come down to address the peasants.

4. Fans < Customers...Or, to put it another way, "fans" are great, but "customers" are better. Marvel stands to make waaaaaay more $$ by selling movie toys to a wide base of customers than they do by selling to a dedicated but small base of fans...Thus, movie figs are more important to the bottom line than standard Legends.

Actually, Hasbro is proving more and more that they are a company that recognizes and caters to collectors. Do you think the sales of the online-only Cloverfield monster are really that great, or do you think they're banking on adult collectors being wowed by quality work and picking up other stuff? The very fact that all of the current GI Joe product and a good portion of this year's Transformers product is targeted squarely at collectors also seems to follow this line of thought.

Sorry...But sometimes, the annoying, smarty-pants guy is right. I'm betting that this is one of those times.

But again we come back to the problem that you have nothing to be 'right' about. You've just tossed out a bunch of stereotypical Hasbro-hating assumptions, covered them with the generalization that 'movie toys sell', then hid behind your profession when asked to back anything up. Again, most people here could say/do similar things. It's easy to claim 'right' when there are no real facts involved, and it's just plain funny to see a screen-long post about how awesome you are 'IF' you're right, followed by a single-line comment that boils down to 'but if I'm wrong... meh'.

Again, most people here could say/do similar things. It's easy to claim 'right' when there are no real facts involved, and it's just plain funny to see a screen-long post about how awesome you are 'IF' you're right, followed by a single-line comment that boils down to 'but if I'm wrong... meh'.

MBAs are trained to think they are right--even when they are not. ;)

The BAFs were getting smaller long before Hasbro was even rumored to have the license.

You've forgotten about Giant-Man coming in "Wave 13.5???"-the Walmart Wave--that was a sizable figure right before the last two wave (14 & 15, with Mojo and MODOK.) The BAF's were not in a steady size-reduction trend downwards with ToyBiz, and they appear to be getting bigger ( Fin Fang Foom) with Hasbro. I don't think it's safe or fair to say either company has aimed the BAF's to be smaller as a trend when the schedule product isn't exactly showing that.

Sure costs were playing a role in the selection of characters to become BAFs, but I do not think that was the sole criteria.

MBA

Here's my shovelful.

Oops. You should have quit and walked away. Now that you've provided your resume (in a manner of speaking), I'm forced to dissect it.

But first, I'll answer your question: YES. In my opinion, you don't know what you're talking about.

In the first place, as I predicted, one of the first things you'd say would be: "Doesn't look like any toy experience", or words to that affect. So I appreciate your tedious predictability, since, in an ironic way, it reaffirms the reliability of my own experience in business...Experience which, despite your lengthy reply, you DON'T have.

First of all, your field, based on your own description, is animation...NOT toys. So I hate to tell you, sport, but if you think my experience is thin, yours is anorexic. As I said yesterday (and I'll restate today), "if you spend enough time in sales, marketing, and advertising with Fortune 500 companies, you pretty much understand how things work..."

You've obviously worked predominantly on the creative side. Again, let's look at what I said yesterday: "..Most "creative" types don't know squat about what drives business...and have NO idea about how to generate revenue AND turn profits."

The experience you provide supports that opinion. Now, let's examine your "experience".

You claim to have "owned and operated" your own animation studio and have worked on over 100 different projects. WOW!! That's impressive! Who were your clients? Were you on retainer? How many employees did you have working for you?

I'm dying to hear the answers. Ya' see, to the uninitiated "owning and operating" your own animation studio sounds impressive. But to someone who works in advertising (and has experience in marketing and sales...Which you don't!), it sounds like you were doing a lot of freelancing.

Now, there's nothing wrong with freelancing; in fact, it can be quite lucrative. If you're really good, quite often, a client will offer you a full-time position. But as is often the case, many freelancers will incorporate themselves into an actual legal entity, or business, for tax purposes. Also, it looks impressive to say "President of Jack Handy Studios" on the Kinko's-made business cards they like to hand out. Sound familiar? (To be fair, you do mention a long list of "clients". But if you've been doing Freelance work, that's somewhat disingenuous, since they're not really your clients, they're the clients of the people you're freelancing for...subtle, but important)

In addition, it's not uncommon for Freelancers to work on literally hundreds of projects for various companies over the course of several years. Freelancers are usually hired by agencies/corporations, and plugged-in where needed. Therefore, after 5 or more years, a freelancer could compose a seemingly HUGE list of "projects" that he or she "worked on".

Then there's the really cool part you tried to slip in, hoping I wouldn't notice: "...[You've] contributed designs to toy-lines...".

QUESTION: Did any get accepted?? If not, you're not exactly an expert in "the toy bidness", or any business, for that matter. Drawing designs and making submissions is NOT the same thing as being a successful toy designer, or managing a marketing department. Again, it sounds like more free-lancing work, combined with some wishful thinking.

Then again...Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps it wasn't freelancing. Perhaps you DID own your own real company, with lots of employees, and a healthy list of clients whom you acquired through your own pluck and hustle, and who had you as "A.O.R." But if so...What happened? 'Cause it doesn't sound like you're doing that anymore. By your own word, you've been "[teaching]for almost a decade at several art colleges." (Freelance teaching, too!)

So...Which is it? Animation studio mogul? Free-lancer? Or part-time Art-School instructor? 'Cuz whichever it is, there's one GLARING hole in you resume, and that's solid business experience in sales and marketing.

If I needed someone to advise me on how best to get some animation done, I'd put you at the top of my list.

But if I needed someone to advise me on marketing, sales, product positioning, and strategy, let's just say you wouldn't be at the top of the list...Or even the middle.

Your shovel is broken. Your pail is empty.

#US1#

IMST

You need to see the BIG picture.

Before I show you, let me comment on a few points:

1. I don't hate EVERYTHING Hasbro...Just most things pertaining to Hasbro's handling of the Marvel license...Which, if you're a fan and/or collector of Marvel Legends, should be disappointing, given the clearly delineated blue-print for success that Toy-Biz drafted.

The... what? Toy Biz could hardly stick with a gimmick long enough to see IF it worked. They flubbed nearly every box set, if not in concept, then in distribution. They shorted popular waves and extended ones that weren't selling. The bulk of Legendary Riders (well after said 'formula' would have been established) was a failure from start to finish. The BAFs were getting smaller long before Hasbro was even rumored to have the license. Toy Biz had plenty of promises they didn't deliver on, screw-ups that had no excuse, and shoddy workmanship on many levels, but you're willing to cut them more slack because they put out so many figures in the six years (or so) that they had the line that you can easily find the high points.

Toy Biz had success, yes... but it doesn't take any sort of professional to realize that it wasn't the result of careful planning, and more the result of producing so much that some of it HAD to be good.

2. I'm insightful because I'm realistic...And because I have lots of experience in marketing and sales. By reading the proverbial tea-leaves, and observing the behavior of Hasbro, I'm pretty sure that I've deduced the future of Marvel Legends.

And here's where MY field comes in. You're not being realistic, because you're making assumptions to back up an opinion you already hold. To be truly realistic, you'd look around at what's being said and done (as well as what's NOT said and done) and come to the conclusion... that there is no solid conclusion to reach at this juncture. A realistic person would be taking a 'wait and see' approach, not a 'it's going to hell in a handbasket, I called it, throw me a parade' approach.

(...And let's be REAL clear. This didn't happen in a vacuum. Marvel didn't give Hasbro the license and then discover, as if by magic, that movie toys, by golly, sell REALLY WELL! They observed and studied the success of the Star Wars franchise, decided they wanted a piece of that action, so to speak, and decided that TOY-BIZ did not have the capability to pull that off.)

Yes, but both Marvel and Hasbro realize and understand that movies alone do not make the toy world go 'round. That's why GI Joe is celebrating a 25th anniversary, targeted squarely to collectors (not to mention that it marks the SEVENTH relaunch of the line- you don't spend that much time and money on something that isn't making bank). A similar thing can be said about Transformers. Sure, Hasbro cashed in on the movie (as they should have), but the brand has proven it's longevity without it. Quite frankly, Hasbro would be stupid to not cash in on the movies that relate to properties and licenses that they hold, but keeping the name on the shelf requires seeing what else you can do with it (Transformers Classics, for example).

3. I would think that my insight actually means a whole lot, especially on this board! You do realize, after all, that this is a message board dedicated to discussions on toys based on Marvel comics characters, right?? If so, you should be interested in my insight, NOT because it affects either Marvel or Hasbro's decisions, but because it reveals the nature of those decisions, and the impact on the fan-base. Hopefully, that makes sense...

You haven't provided insight. You've provided assumptions, opinions, pessimism, and arrogance. Any single person here with or without your qualifications can take these rampant speculations and do the exact same thing with them. I'm not trying to give the 'you're not important' blow-off, but quite frankly, you seem to think you're gracing this board with your very presence, and I have yet to see you contribute anything that even remotely backs up all your bravado.

And no, before you ask, I don't think I'm any more important in the scheme of things either. I don't really think I provide any 'services' that are better than yours, just a different attidtude. I try to approach this board as a geek with some time on his hands and a desire to talk about toys, not a guy who everyone should be glad has deigned to come down to address the peasants.

4. Fans < Customers...Or, to put it another way, "fans" are great, but "customers" are better. Marvel stands to make waaaaaay more $$ by selling movie toys to a wide base of customers than they do by selling to a dedicated but small base of fans...Thus, movie figs are more important to the bottom line than standard Legends.

Actually, Hasbro is proving more and more that they are a company that recognizes and caters to collectors. Do you think the sales of the online-only Cloverfield monster are really that great, or do you think they're banking on adult collectors being wowed by quality work and picking up other stuff? The very fact that all of the current GI Joe product and a good portion of this year's Transformers product is targeted squarely at collectors also seems to follow this line of thought.

Sorry...But sometimes, the annoying, smarty-pants guy is right. I'm betting that this is one of those times.

But again we come back to the problem that you have nothing to be 'right' about. You've just tossed out a bunch of stereotypical Hasbro-hating assumptions, covered them with the generalization that 'movie toys sell', then hid behind your profession when asked to back anything up. Again, most people here could say/do similar things. It's easy to claim 'right' when there are no real facts involved, and it's just plain funny to see a screen-long post about how awesome you are 'IF' you're right, followed by a single-line comment that boils down to 'but if I'm wrong... meh'.

So you disagree. Whatever. Other than saying I'm wrong (impossible), you haven't offered anything other than your own supposition and conjecture, backed-up by...Nothing.

And I'm still waiting to hear...What is your "field"??? The one that gives you such vast knowledge. C'mon...Do tell!!

(crickets)

Oh, and BTW...Business NEVER uses a "wait-n-see" approach. EVER. To "wait-n-see" is to risk losing literally millions of dollars. Business analyzes data endlessly to predict future behavior based on past experience...And forecasts appropriately.

Now, why is it that I know this, and you...Don't???

I think we know the answer. But feel free to keep flailing. It's fun to watch.

#US1#

IMST

First of all, your field, based on your own description, is animation...NOT toys. So I hate to tell you, sport, but if you think my experience is thin, yours is anorexic. As I said yesterday (and I'll restate today), "if you spend enough time in sales, marketing, and advertising with Fortune 500 companies, you pretty much understand how things work..."

Marketing Bio-tech is related to toy-lines?

Producing designs for animation BASED on and USED BY Toy-line is not?

Does actually working on toy lines not mean.....actually working on toy-lines, as opposed to marketing on bio-tech?

And Disney, Dreamworks, Universal et al are not Fortune 500 companies?

Hey, a janitor can work in a Fortune 500 company--so what does that mean?

You claim to have "owned and operated" your own animation studio and have worked on over 100 different projects. WOW!! That's impressive! Who were your clients? Were you on retainer? How many employees did you have working for you?

I co-founded, and co-owned a studion in Vancouver BC, we employed, at the peak of the time I was there about 15 artists. Our first year of business was about $250,000, the second year was double as was the third. I left the studio to pursue teaching and freelance assignments on my own after the third year. The clients were the companies I listed above, and more.

Then there's the really cool part you tried to slip in, hoping I wouldn't notice: "...[You've] contributed designs to toy-lines...".

QUESTION: Did any get accepted?? If not, you're not exactly an expert in "the toy bidness", or any business, for that matter. Drawing designs and making submissions is NOT the same thing as being a successful toy designer, or managing a marketing department. Again, it sounds like more free-lancing work, combined with some wishful thinking.

I don't make "submissions" )--I do work for pay. Anything I listed above was a paying gig-I did the designs and there were cheques in my hand at the end. If they didn't accept it.....they wouldn't have paid me.

And yes. I've done all those things--been doing them for twenty three years now.

What's above is only half my resume-it doesn't list the illustration work, spot-jobs on every thing from CD album covers, to ads, to posters, commissions, curriculum creation etc.

One thing I make no bones about is that I'm a cartoonist, first and foremost. That's my job description in a single word. I've worn a lot of hats, been asked to wear them and enjoyed the adventures. Only a few of the above jobs have been my forte, I have no pretenses about being an expert at everything, but I do have experience doing those things--I can, in fact, say that with total honesty.

Why am I not doing some of them now? Because I like the freedoms of freelancing more. I can work from home, connect to the world via internet, I can live where I choose and work when I please. Freelance work pays all my bills, my home, my hobby.

I have had direct exerience in the creation, design packaging and marketing toys, certainly at the production-level. Not in theory, not via hawking "bio-tech" or some tangental farce idea that you think applies.

By being the person they say to, it needs to be "this" tall and fit in "that size "box"--having to explore the specific design elements that have it fit those parameters, What colours will work, how much articulation should it have? I wasn't making the end decisions but I was saying: "there can be a universal joint here, or a pin joint there" and they'd consider those things.

What have you done again with toys?

I have given my input as to where text goes on packaging, in juxtaposition to graphics and areas of colour.

I was the guy drawing a "ball, as opposed to a wheel" on a design, with full consideration of the engineering and production challenges either choice would have--they trusted me to make those kinds of calls, and paid me accordingly. That doesn't happen if you do not know, or cannot demonstrate you know what you are doing.

What.......again......have you done in marketing toys?

Oh, that's right.........you market bio-tech.

I get the two confused.

You can call it being at the pointy end of getting the stuff made, not being some joker thinking this six sigma thing applies here or those amount of units need to be sold there.

The only reason I do not do toy-design work today, is because of the deadlines--I hate 'em. I toyed with applying at Hasbro last year based on the reccomendation of a fellow poster and hobbyist who is working there, and after mulling it over.....decided against it. Working for Hasbro offers me nothing I'm not getting right now in other kinds of work--I've done enough "prestigious" stuff anyway.

Its more important to me to spend time with my loved ones and pets then working at my desk all the time and in my mid-40's its time to enjoy life anyways.

I mean, if selling selling biotech qualifies you for working in the toy industry, maybe you should try out for that instead. or is there a little obstacle like having no experience in that field?

Hell, I had cheques in my hand for doing toy design work..........can you make the same claim?

I did not think so.

You know Lemonhead, I’d happily continue arguing with you, lord knows I've enjoyed watching you be utterly schooled by others, though I'm sure your ego has told you otherwise…but I’ve really got better things to do then address your previous post directed toward me. Your omnipotent intellect is clearly on display during your nerdy and irrational internet rants. My what a big brain you have. :rolleyes: You’re really displaying how truly brilliant you are. It's amazing how lesser you’ve made me come to feel. Is your so-called “insight” telling you that my post is riddled with sarcasm? So if you’ll excuse me my liege, I’d rather not waste my time arguing with a self-conscious pseudo-intellectual that uses façade hidden delusions of grandeur to cover up his blatant insecurities and stupidity.

And did I mention I really hate lemonheads? ZING! @loll@ @smilepunch@

You know Lemonhead, I’d happily continue arguing with you, lord knows I've enjoyed watching you be utterly schooled by others, though I'm sure your ego has told you otherwise…but I’ve really got better things to do then address your previous post directed toward me. Your omnipotent intellect is clearly on display during your nerdy and irrational internet rants. My what a big brain you have. :rolleyes: You’re really displaying how truly brilliant you are. It's amazing how lesser you’ve made me come to feel. Is your so-called “insight” telling you that my post is riddled with sarcasm? So if you’ll excuse me my liege, I’d rather not waste my time arguing with a self-conscious pseudo-intellectual that uses façade hidden delusions of grandeur to cover up his blatant insecurities and stupidity.

And did I mention I really hate lemonheads? ZING! @loll@ @smilepunch@

Heh, I have nothing better to do today--but he does beg some questions himself.

I mean........if this is how he conducts himself on-line.........then what is he like on the job? I can be a dick because don't have to be around people--that's the beauty of working from home. I'll only penis-slap if my bona-fides are called into question--otherwise I try to speak from experience and let others come to their own conclusions. If someone buys what I say, great, if not..........c'est la vie.

Lemonhead wants to browbeat everyone-- he insists upon beleiving he must be right.

If he cops his kind of attitude in the office.......what's his shelf-life there?

I have many doubts about him.

I think it speaks volumes about the guy that he's more interested in his own ego than in being involved in the on-line hobby community is a beneficial way. If he knows so much......why is he not sharing with others what he knows , rather than berate them for knowing less?

Its quite sad that he's not at all interested in boosting the hobby, because his focus is solely on himself. One has to wonder where that comes from.....

My only regret in this thread is that its distracted from the point of the discussion--that being of this "supposed" official confirmation that Marvel Legends as a whole is dead, and the contesting of that assumption.

Instead, its become an pointless ego-battle.

can i add my cents worth about lemon heads posts.......?

Well, given how the posting "fiscal year" is turning out so far, we have in the budget a total of $.36 per poster. :P

So I'd say, fill yer boots--just don't make it personal, because it doesn't need to be.

( I've gone into "cost overruns" myself, LOL!)

can i add my cents worth about lemon heads posts.......?

Well, given how the posting "fiscal year" is turning out so far, we have in the budget a total of $.36 per poster. :P

So I'd say, fill yer boots--just don't make it personal, because it doesn't need to be.

( I've gone into "cost overruns" myself, LOL!)

lmao

i think i will now wait.......im pretty broke too....