BMF Millennium Falcon

Bespin refugee

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been stunned by seeing something that's coming out in some time, but this is F***ing amazing. I had heard that this would be coming out but I really had no idea that it would be this good. I really want to say I'll get this but at 2 1/2 feet long I'm not sure where I'd put it and am just dreading the price. I would have to say $150 to $200 easy if not more. But it looks so cool.

The supposed rumored MSRP for this bad boy is around $150 and should be hitting shelves late '08 (Christmas time) or early '09. And yes it is a beauty, but if it is a big as they say (supposedly 10-12 inchers longer/wider than the original mold that has been used for 30 years) it almost seems more like a playset than a ship. But still this is the OT love we've been needing. Bring it on, I say!

For a company that claims big vehicles don't sell, Hasbro sure is giving us a lot of them in the near future, not that I'm complaining. I have not the money, space or desire to get it myself but I am mighty impressed, it has everything you'd want to do with the Falcon and more (the mini ship is a nice touch.)

You know the more I look at this thing, the more I'm questioning it.

1 It still has those over sized boxes underneath it, yes I know its to add room for playability, but it looks like crap.

2 The landing ramp is too close to the ground so obviously the landing struts are too short.

3 From the front angle the cockpit looks to large.

Which leads me to #4 I could almost swear that the outer hull is a retooled mold from the original. Except that they have upped its size just like they did for the Toys R Us ceiling display from years ago. Now don't take me the wrong way, I will be the first to admit to my mistake if it is so, the problem is that I can't get to mine right now to compare.

Other than that yes I will be buying one, some things just look odd to me.

About the Price point, the 150.00 mark is simply the manufactures suggested retail price. Sure anyone who wants one right away will pay that much but the price will drop after awhile. There are always sales and of course after Xmas clearance deals to be had. With the exception of basic figures and 2 packs theres not much I haven't seen get marked down at some point. I still remember getting AT-AT's and 12" Han with TaunTaun for $25.00 at TRU way back when. Oh, and does anyone remember the Royal Starship? That was around $50.00 too after Xmas thats why I own 2.

So thanks Hasbro, I might end up getting 2 Falcons as well!

Here is a compiled list of all it's known features for easy viewing:

This thing which is over 2 1/2 Feet long has it all:

1. Light-up headlights and loads of electronic vehicle and weapon sounds - engine boost, cruise mode, fly-by, firing cannons.

2. Opening, light-up cockpit can fit up to 4 figures. Includes Han Solo and Chewbacca and the entire ship can hold up to 18 figures.

3. Remove outer panels to access the ship's interior, then head to the medical bay and treat wounded Rebels.

4. Secret smuggling compartments to hide from stormtroopers.

5. Boarding ramp with auto-opening action, deployment sounds and landing lights

6. Pivoting gunner station to target Imperial fighters!

7. Light-Up hyperdrive lights and authentic movie phrases and sounds from favorite characters: Han, Luke, Obi-Wan, C-3PO, Chebacca, and R2-D2.

8. Rotating laser turret fires 2 missles and makes weapon sounds. Ship also features a 3-missle launcher and blasting sounds, and a cannon that launches a "laser" missle.

9. Missle-Firing mini-fighter fits inside an opening docking bay that makes electronic boarding and flight sounds

10. Pivoting training probe makes lightsaber and movement sounds - learn the power of the Force!

11. Illuminated dejarik table with holo monsters - let the Wookie win!

That's awesome, I would love to get it.

The one thing it seems to be missing which is minor, but would have been cool is a little cannon to drop down to shoot Snowtroopers like in ESB.

Too bad it doesn't have the top hatch were Lando grabbed Luke

But hey we got enough

Oh... My... GOD!!! I have been looking high and low for one of the now lesser MFs for a gift for my brother. Now I know why I could not find one! (Destiny) I shudder to imagine what the retail price is going to end up at (MSRP aside)given that what years ago was a $30 AT-AT last year became a $100 version at TrU. However, I already promised my bro, if this is for real, and not some sick post April Fool's joke, I will find it, and yes, I will even force him to open it! (He's one of those who keeps things sealed like new) I don't even collect SW, but this is a must have! (The bonus 2 figures mean I don't have to hunt them down now, either!)

And did somone mention the Death Star?!? I am not as young as I used to be and something like that could really do me in!(as in coronary!) What's next? A Star Destroyer?

Actually, my initial intel on the release date may be wrong. GH is reporting from multiple sources this may be a July releasing too. o.0 Two $100 + items on the shelves at the same time. Wow... just wow.

hi capn! which one is the other $100 item? damn! i'm gonna get sick!

AAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! THIS THING IS ABSOLUTELY F****** AWESOME!! I've been waiting so long for Hasbro to make something as intricate, highly detailed, and bad a$$ as this looks! I've been telling everyone I know about his thing. I...can't...friggin'...wait!

And just think, if this sells well, it'll open up doors on all sorts of giant size vehicles and maybe playsets like Jabba's Palace and the Death Star.

It looks like Hasbro will have another rerelease line this year. I have never seen a vehicle or playset that didn't show figures available in the pictures on the package. Usually if the figure is not available at the time of the vehicles release they just won't show them.

given that what years ago was a $30 AT-AT last year became a $100 version at TrU.

Just wanted to clarify: The AT AT was only $30 when it hit clearance. the original retail for the vehicle back in 97 was about $75 (I recall thinking how expensive that was for a toy THEN @loll@ ). Between inflation and the more limited run due to being an exclusive, the $100 pricepoint wasn't terribly out of line.

It looks like Hasbro will have another rerelease line this year. I have never seen a vehicle or playset that didn't show figures available in the pictures on the package. Usually if the figure is not available at the time of the vehicles release they just won't show them.

I agree, and given both the VOTC Luke and Leia have been well out of retail for damn near 4 years, I think it is highly likely we'll see them in some form this fall. Hasbro already confirmed a new Saga line for this fall, and with releasing such an iconic vehicle, I'm certain we'll see all the essential figures to fill out the falcon.