Sign in to follow this  
Hector2003195

America's Elite is getting good

Yeah it is good and it's too bad that we only have two more issues to go until the series ends. It's gonna be weird not getting a monthly Joe fix and since hasbro hasn't said who 's geting the license yet (like we don't know already, just announce it officially and tell us when they'll start producing the new comic) Think it will be six months of so until we see it back on the shelves.

It is a good read. It has its good and bad. Some I don't agree with, but for the most it is enjoyable. The character revamps with costume updates is nice.

Did anyone read the Storm Shadow mini series (and like it?) I like the new costume, would have liked to have seen more, but it was a little wierd for me. I know I didn't like the next to last issue, don't remember the last one.

We do need to have our Gi Joe comic fix going though. I hope we hear something new about when the new comic(s) will come out from the new company yet to be named.

When casey was there it was aweful but as soon as they kicked him it went through the roof. Loved it. I do feel there is a lot to tie up again :( in a short amount of time but we will see. Hasbro nixed a couple of things (stormy series and one-shot) that would have probably would have help rap it up more completly. From what i hear ddp had to beg to get to finish WWIII. Shame :( i just hope if it moves companies it won't be a reboot that we will see both marvel and ddp cont. recognized but my gut tells me hasbro doesn't want that.

I would buy it either way. Thinking with the sense that the 25th action figure series is kind of doing a reboot back to basics with improvements, and a big hit, I would be surprised if they don't try to do a modern retelling with improved storyline and some omissions or changes. I think it would be a smart idea to bring in new people and kids into the story and start another generation of joe fans.

TMNT got a restart and they took out some of the goofy stuff, changed a few characters around and modernized it, and it seemed to have done well. I thought the new cg movie was cool. I did like rocksteady, bebop, and krang from the first time around, and think they could have gotten revamped and lost the idiocy and it would have been fine.

A redo of gi joe will probably come especially with the new movie, and the fact that it is doing an origin story and making changes in background storys/events where they see fit for the big screen.

You know, if DDP had started writing stories like this to begin with, they wouldn't have lost the license!

CC is ruthless! @firedevil@

I officially think of WWIII as "GI JOE with COBRA COMMANDER" @loll@ I get more pleasure out of his little ranting scenes than I do General Colton and Sparks (Remember those classics characters you grew up with? : D ) making out on the couch in their rebel cabin.

Not that I want Cobra to win in the end, but... I have to hand it to the Commander, he's finally done it.

Tom

Not that I want Cobra to win in the end, but... I have to hand it to the Commander, he's finally done it.

Billy from the flagpole was a nice touch.

Since DDP has lost the license and a reboot is rumored to be coming and there are a lot of lose ends hanging out there. .. Do you think they will go for a scorched earth policy and kill of the core characters that are 'untouchable'?