Imagine if Hasbro made as many Marvel Legends...

mckul33

What if....Hasbro put out as many Marvel Legends as they keep bombarding us with waves and waves of Super Hero Squad toys. And with the diversified line up (and costumes) of the characters. I mean I would be so broke, but oh, so happy! Ah, to dare to dream....

What if....Hasbro put out as many Marvel Legends as they keep bombarding us with waves and waves of Super Hero Squad toys. And with the diversified line up (and costumes) of the characters. I mean I would be so broke, but oh, so happy! Ah, to dare to dream....

Haha oh so true! We would have like every figure we've ever wanted already. Would be cool but man would it be expensive.

Yeah, it bugs me when we get Marvel characters in other lines before Legends. Like when they had GreenTrunks Namor and Mole Man in the Super Hero Showdown.

But SHS is the worst. Where's my Puma? USAgent? Crimson Dynamo? Titanium Man? PunisherCap? And Crossbones, Winter Soldier on the way?

I'd be kind of upset because odds are I would not like most though hasbro is getter better they are not quite there yet for me to want them to be making some of these guys :D

it would be nice to have as many as that but i would be broke.

Is it just me or is SHS the only Marvel/Hasbro Product that (beside them getting more characters) no one really complains bout?

Is it just me or is SHS the only Marvel/Hasbro Product that (beside them getting more characters) no one really complains bout?

they're great for what they are. i just get annoyed at how hard it is to find them. every store in my area pretty much just has the first 2 waves and maybe a few of the fantastic four ones or tons of the Spider-man 3 packs. I do like the box sets coming out, even though some are all repaints

Just imagine if Hasbro Legends were anywhere near as good as Marvel Legends! Thats a better question.

I know I know, I couldn't resist. SOMEONE had to say it. :P

No, there's lots of complaints, just not really on this board. Main complaints:

- Distribution (Toys R Us exclusives like Sand Pit showing up in Walmarts, disappearing, then back in Toys R Us, current waves are always impossible while Wave 1 and 2 figures are still plentiful)

- production screw-ups (last minute switches of Venom, Kraven being scrapped but nobody knowing about it)

- paint jobs (both intentionally bad ones like Mr. Fantastic's polka dot hair, and unintentional ones resulting in stray marks, paint lines that are too thick, obviously running off from where they were supposed to be painted, etc)

- exclusives being packed with stuff nobody really wants (having to buy things like Spider-Man's Battle Truck or the Bank Heist Playset to get them exclusives)

- having to buy characters they don't want to get ones they do want (particularly when it's in a 4-pack)

- repaints (Wall-crawling Spidey in black, red, chrome, most of the movie Spideys being re-released with black lines instead of silver to make it "comic accurate", having to buy the $10 mega-packs to get new versiosn of Cyclops and Mr. Fantastic and shiny re-paints of Sentinel and Galactus)

- character selection (I know, I know, that's one of the "perks" this line has according to some of you, but there of the 150 figures released so far, 20 are Spider-Man, 7 are Iron Man, 4 versions of the Human Torch, 5 or 6 Wolverines... and the current trend is that each wave of 8 figures, in 4 2-packs, has 2 Spider-Men, 1 Wolverine, 1 of either Hulk, Captain America or Hulk meaning you need to pay $24-$30 to get 4 new characters)

- spacing between release dates (8 2-packs released just before Christmas with 2 new 4-packs, then nothing until February with 2 mega packs, then in April four 4-packs and 4 2-packs, possibly more since we're not totally sure of release dates before they hit, followed by 7 Hulk 2-packs, a multi-pack and 8 more 2-packs all due before June.)

Those are just the main complaints I've heard from fans and collectors. From the non-fans, I always hear the standard "they're too cute," "they're for kids" and that stuff.

This is sort along the reasoning that I wish there would be a 3-3/4" scale Marvel line to run parallel to Marvel Legends. For starters we know that Hasbro can make winners in the 1:18th scale (GI Joe and Star Wars - not to mention the Indy line looks pretty snazzy.) Also, smaller costs (and probably more body reusage which is A-Ok by me) could lead to a much larger diversity of characters being released in a smaller amount of time. But I digress... I am derailing the thread.

Yes and no to the original posed question. Yes, because such a selection would be awesome. But no because that would be a huge sink hole I would just be throwing my money down.

i'd love that to happen!

i'd prefer being broke because of buying so many figs being released one after another than having all my money and waiting for so long for the figs to come out...

LOL!

i need more figs! more figs! and more figs!

The SHS series is really cute .... just wish that Hasbro put out enough of the 6"-inch figs to compliment them.

When you can get 2-inch versions of Crossbones, Winter Soldier, comic accurate titanium Man, the Crimson Dynamo, etc., and decent dioramas (the Giant-Man, Galactus, Apocalypse and TRU exclusive heroes sets would be great for the 6"-inch scale), then the average 1: 12 scale collector is going to feel neglected.

a Build-a Dio set series would be nice!!!!!!

i wish for a new storm figure and to see the hasbro marvel legends in stores in england.

but it shudnt be a dream it should be reality but the reality is hasbro fail to meet deadlines and are producing shoddy marvel merchandice.