1994 animated Spider-Man series

SpidermanClassics

This series has been longggg over due to be released in it entirety on dvd. They have like the venom saga of it on dvd, and enter green goblin and some others but they only have 5 episodes a dvd. I want the WHOLE SERIES!!!! I mean its not like we all dont want it, and wouldnt buy it. Cause im sure LOTS of people would love to have it and count down the days till it was released. If they dont want do it in one huge box set they can do like what DC did for the animated Batman series release four dics box sets at a time like volumes until they get all the episodes released (even though Spider-Man doesnt have nearly as many episodes as BAS did) so they could do it all at once or in like two volumes like they did with the Superman cartoons for the 90s that followed BAS. I bought all the BAS and SAS. But I really want the SPIDER-MAN SERIES!!! PLEASE RELEASE IT MARVEL!!!!!!!!

Id buy that show for laugh value only...I mean, cops that shoot laser pistols instead of 'real' guns? Hobgoblin appearing before Green Goblin? Venom introduced sans Secret Wars, and then the turn-around Secret Wars episodes? Mary Jane in Gwen Stacy scenarios despite the fact that they bring in Gwen later on? Bad animation? Did anybody at Marvel stop to look at Batman TAS? HILARIOUS!!!

This series has been longggg over due to be released in it entirety on dvd. They have like the venom saga of it on dvd, and enter green goblin and some others but they only have 5 episodes a dvd. I want the WHOLE SERIES!!!! I mean its not like we all dont want it, and wouldnt buy it. Cause im sure LOTS of people would love to have it and count down the days till it was released. If they dont want do it in one huge box set they can do like what DC did for the animated Batman series release four dics box sets at a time like volumes until they get all the episodes released (even though Spider-Man doesnt have nearly as many episodes as BAS did) so they could do it all at once or in like two volumes like they did with the Superman cartoons for the 90s that followed BAS. I bought all the BAS and SAS. But I really want the SPIDER-MAN SERIES!!! PLEASE RELEASE IT MARVEL!!!!!!!!

Because the rights are tied up LOL. Same with X-Men. Same with the 90's Fantastic Four going out of print. Same with Hulk, Silver Surfer, Avengers United and Iron Man. I'm 65% certain Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends got lumped with the same bundle of rights. In the end, after some transfers and take-overs, Disney landed rights to many of Marvel's animated properties, and now sits on them.

Wow... that was easy. Usually these questions make me long-winded.

Because the rights are tied up LOL. Same with X-Men. Same with the 90's Fantastic Four going out of print. Same with Hulk, Silver Surfer, Avengers United and Iron Man. I'm 65% certain Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends got lumped with the same bundle of rights. In the end, after some transfers and take-overs, Disney landed rights to many of Marvel's animated properties, and now sits on them.

Wow... that was easy. Usually these questions make me long-winded.

Wow yeah thats makes sense. So that would explain why Jetex (cartoon disney) now plays Spider-Man and did play the old X-Men cartoon weird..Disney freakin owns everything!!!

I'm surprised there is no complete dvd collection too. There have been dvds with a couple of episodes like the Spider-man and Daredevil one as well as the Spider-man vs. Doc Ock dvd. I just starting watching the Jetix episodes lately for old times sake. I'd love to have an Iron Man season two dvd set.

didnt they already release some episode on single dvds, not season wise but like different story arcs, cause my friend has the green goblin arc.

oooooo wait i think i just found something, i think the first season is already out, i googled it and found this:

1.jpg

i found it here

didnt they already release some episode on single dvds, not season wise but like different story arcs, cause my friend has the green goblin arc.

oooooo wait i think i just found something, i think the first season is already out, i googled it and found this:

That would be a homemade burned set that someone is selling. He even comments on things like putting it on 5 discs instead of 4.

But since there is no official release, your options are kind of limited. It's things like this, a torrent, or keep waiting.

I never liked the show myself. I found it way too toy-oriented in some parts (the Tri-Spider-Slayer? Hobgoblin's giant glider? please), and way too slow-moving in many places (the season-long arcs that needed anime-style recap episodes and flashbacks just got annoying). The animation was horrid- the lines pixellated all over the place, when they weren't getting the background wrong.

On the other hand, Roscoe Lee Brown was the voice of Kingpin. When the Daredevil movie came along and people started complaining that Kingpin was black, I had many hearty chuckles at their expense.

I think the DC cartoons have been released because they’re truly just better cartoons. Sure there’s demand for the Marvel animated universe, this threads living proof, but it was nowhere near what the Bruce Timm DCAU demand was. They’re more in depth, truer to the comics, and psychological. The animation also was arguably of a much higher quality. You see some Bruce Timm stills and they’re freaking masterpieces. They really set the standard for what a comic cartoon should be, both visually and literarily. The Marvel comics cartoons of the 90’s were basically just cartoons. They weren’t revolutionary, not like the Timm/Dini DC cartoons. Sure I enjoyed them, but it wasn’t the same. They didn’t carry that same impact that Batman the Animated Series did. That show really was so well done that it scarcely felt like a children’s cartoon. There were these amazingly adult themes interwoven into the plots that they’d never get through the sensors today. It arguably portrayed Batman better and more accurately to the comics then any of the live-action films ever did. Batman the Animated series truly effected the realm of the comics themselves. It wasn’t a mere cartoon, it was a cultural phenomenon.

They did release some episodes of the Spider-man Animated series, but no DVD’s. I picked up some up in the past, which I really carry a large amount of buyers remorse toward now. They’re really not worth getting. Wait until they finally release seasons. Just be patient.

yeah I wouldn't buy anything from that site as its just KOs & bootlegs frankly if you're going to do that you may as well down load the seires you're self for free :) which personally I see no harm in doing just as long as you don't sell em like the chump above how ever i guess it does not need to be stated that no matter waht it is illegal to do so :S

I think the DC cartoons have been released because they're truly just better cartoons. Sure there's demand for the Marvel animated universe, this threads living proof, but it was nowhere near what the Bruce Timm DCAU demand was. They're more in depth, truer to the comics, and psychological. The animation also was arguably of a much higher quality. You see some Bruce Timm stills and they're freaking masterpieces. They really set the standard for what a comic cartoon should be, both visually and literarily. The Marvel comics cartoons of the 90's were basically just cartoons. They weren't revolutionary, not like the Timm/Dini DC cartoons. Sure I enjoyed them, but it wasn't the same. They didn't carry that same impact that Batman the Animated Series did. That show really was so well done that it scarcely felt like a children's cartoon. There were these amazingly adult themes interwoven into the plots that they'd never get through the sensors today. It arguably portrayed Batman better and more accurately to the comics then any of the live-action films ever did. Batman the Animated series truly effected the realm of the comics themselves. It wasn't a mere cartoon, it was a cultural phenomenon.

They did release some episodes of the Spider-man Animated series, but no DVD's. I picked up some up in the past, which I really carry a large amount of buyers remorse toward now. They're really not worth getting. Wait until they finally release seasons. Just be patient.

Re: DC cartoon: yeah, stuff like Batman TAS was great, popular, groundbreaking, etc, etc. but DC has almost all of their animated library out. They have almost all of the Superfriends/Powers set out, the old Superman, Batman, Aquaman cartoons... I can only think of a few things off hand that they don't have out, like the few episodes of Hawkman/Green Lantern/Teen Titans they had produced.

Marvel is forced to sit on a goldmine of properties because their rights are tied up, while DC has already pumped out most of what they've got, recognized most of the money they're going to get out of DVD sales of those properties, and is now waiting for The Batman and Legion to wrap up. Plus, Marvel's animated properties have all got strong film property ties that would equal instant marketing and sales if available day and date of the movie's release.

Money beats quality, and Marvel is not sitting on them because DC's stuff was just that much better.

And if you've got those Spider-Man single story DVDs, then don't feel buyers remorse, put them on Amazon's used DVD market or on eBay where fans are willing to pay oodles and oodles for what few episodes there are.

I think the DC cartoons have been released because they're truly just better cartoons. Sure there's demand for the Marvel animated universe, this threads living proof, but it was nowhere near what the Bruce Timm DCAU demand was. They're more in depth, truer to the comics, and psychological. The animation also was arguably of a much higher quality. You see some Bruce Timm stills and they're freaking masterpieces. They really set the standard for what a comic cartoon should be, both visually and literarily. The Marvel comics cartoons of the 90's were basically just cartoons. They weren't revolutionary, not like the Timm/Dini DC cartoons. Sure I enjoyed them, but it wasn't the same. They didn't carry that same impact that Batman the Animated Series did. That show really was so well done that it scarcely felt like a children's cartoon. There were these amazingly adult themes interwoven into the plots that they'd never get through the sensors today. It arguably portrayed Batman better and more accurately to the comics then any of the live-action films ever did. Batman the Animated series truly effected the realm of the comics themselves. It wasn't a mere cartoon, it was a cultural phenomenon.

They did release some episodes of the Spider-man Animated series, but no DVD's. I picked up some up in the past, which I really carry a large amount of buyers remorse toward now. They're really not worth getting. Wait until they finally release seasons. Just be patient.

Yup! Theres no doubt that batman TAS is the best comic based cartoon ever made. I think at least 90% of people would agree.

The way I see it, it's not that bad. What with Blu Ray winning the high def battle. This just means that they'll probably release them when Blu Ray is the only option...no need to buy doubles to replace them. Heck, I still haven't bought Star Wars on DVD...holding out for the definitive box set Blu Ray special edition with added/deleted scenes never before released anywhere type scenario....whew!

Anyways, Iron Man is the set I got my eyes open for.

Id buy that show for laugh value only...I mean, cops that shoot laser pistols instead of 'real' guns? Hobgoblin appearing before Green Goblin? Venom introduced sans Secret Wars, and then the turn-around Secret Wars episodes? Mary Jane in Gwen Stacy scenarios despite the fact that they bring in Gwen later on? Bad animation? Did anybody at Marvel stop to look at Batman TAS? HILARIOUS!!!

Settle down lil' fella. The 90's Spider-Man cartoon was the best spidey series ever. Are going to also claim the 90's X-Men series wasn't the greatest of all time?

Yup! Theres no doubt that batman TAS is the best comic based cartoon ever made. I think at least 90% of people would agree.

Nope. The 92-97 X-men series is the best ever.

Iron man is on dvd from jetix and disney I have the dvd

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3476461/Iro...es/Product.html

Wow thats crazy never saw anything about that. Thought I would have. So maybe jetix/disney will release Spider-Man and X-Men after all!

Will this region 2 dvd from europe play on a PS3? I think it does but I'm just checking before I buy this.

Iron man is on dvd from jetix and disney I have the dvd

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3476461/Iro...es/Product.html

Wow thats crazy never saw anything about that. Thought I would have. So maybe jetix/disney will release Spider-Man and X-Men after all!

Will this region 2 dvd from europe play on a PS3? I think it does but I'm just checking before I buy this.

Im not sure when I try american dvds in my ps3 it says there the wrong region