Encore 11 and 12 to be Metroplex, and Thundercracker & Skywarp!

Mike

As reported here http://tformers.com/transformers-encore-12-to/9253/news.html

Thanks to our friends over at Big Bad Toy Store, we have news that TakaraTomy has newly announced another Encore figure as Metroplex! This gigantic figure will be the twelfth installment in the series and is scheduled for a September 2008 release for $84.99 at BBTS. View the order page now at BigBadToyStore.com.

And here http://tformers.com/transformers-encore-11.../9255/news.html

Encore news is pouring in today. First, we told you that Metroplex is coming to town is September, and now we hear from BigBadToyStore that the seekers Skywarp and Thundercracker will be here in August as the 11th installment of reissue figures. Take a look at BBTS.

TAKES THAT KOCK OFF COMPANY! haha, you fail! :P

This was a smooth move by Takary-Tomy :) Metroplex is a great figure, and while he really isn't difficult to find, trying to get him complete and a really nice rubber/chrome version in nice shape, is tough to find. But not anymore!

And Encore number 11 as a two pack, that's pretty sweet! They are just repaints of encore starscream, so not like it costs much to produce them.

Well, at least these 2 are easy passes for me as I've got the TRU re-issues of the seekers & I picked up a vintage Metroplex for $55 in '06. All I need is the pistol for the car (Scamper, right?) to have it complete. Hopefully they'll get to Thrust & Ramjet soon enough.

Glad I stayed away from the KO as well.

If this somehow makes them cheaper...I'll reconsider getting one of those so as to keep my Encore one sealed, but somehow I doubt if prices will fall much.

Maybe ehobby will do a real Metrotitan repaint as well.

I wonder if we'll see all the seekers done. I hope so! I haven't gotten any of the previous reissues so getting them all now would be super sweet.

KO makers need to be shot :) hopefully they were :P

If this news is true I'm very very happy about it! I wonder though can BBTS really be trusted for new information they have jumped the gun more than once a bit too early in the past for things like this... What proof do they have up?..

well i wouldnt SHOOT the KO makers since i do have a couple KOs and they are fairly good quality and a fraction of the price.

i am SOOOOOO happy to get metroplex. the other seekers are nice as well and may pick those up but are not a NEED for me. i just need trypticon and scorponok baby!!!! my g1 giants are almost complete. whoot!

I think this was an intentional shot at the KO makers. Metroplex is something that most fans deamed highly unlikely for an official reissue, so this proves anything can happen for reissues. Not only that, but I believe the offical reissue is about $40.00 less then a KO. I would say it is both a message to KO makers and KO buyers.

First: I can finally sacrifice my old tired metro from childhood.

Second: Well, salmon season is dead in Oregon this year. I have something to spend my money on @trek@

Glad that they waited till after law school to get this encore thing going.

Honestly, over the last 6 months nothing surprises me any more with the reissues. I remember a time when people had to limit their guesses of who would be next reissued, to very obvious choices like Ironhide and the like. Remember when Soundwave was thought to be too big of a dream to hope for? I'm glad Takara has shattered that mindset with the likes of Predaking, Soundblaster, Sky Lynx, Omega Supreme and now Metroplex! The seekers are a great touch too even though I have two each of the Hasbro ones with vintage missles I purchased to make them more authentic. I'm still very surprised that Sunstreaker has not been reissued yet. I have been waiting since 2001 for them to announce him! @loll@

I think this was an intentional shot at the KO makers. Metroplex is something that most fans deamed highly unlikely for an official reissue, so this proves anything can happen for reissues. Not only that, but I believe the offical reissue is about $40.00 less then a KO. I would say it is both a message to KO makers and KO buyers.

I agree... Check out the timing... I begin to think Takara waited for people to overpay for KO and then announced the reissue... So that they will never do it again... I have to admit... I was really tempted but just couldnt do it... No KOs in my collection...

Crap, it's cool and all, but I wish they'd stretch the expensive ones out a bit more... you know, throw in a couple guys like Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker before they go with another big guy like Metroplex! Oh well...

Honestly, over the last 6 months nothing surprises me any more with the reissues. I remember a time when people had to limit their guesses of who would be next reissued, to very obvious choices like Ironhide and the like. Remember when Soundwave was thought to be too big of a dream to hope for? I'm glad Takara has shattered that mindset with the likes of Predaking, Soundblaster, Sky Lynx, Omega Supreme and now Metroplex!

:) :) I totally agree. I'm still surprise that we got Sky Lynx and Omega considering what fans said earlier regarding the mold possession. If TT release Shockwave, then nothing is impossible anymore. Well...maybe in the case of Jetfire, hehehe. Seriously, I'm still happy with my new Sky Lynx and once Omega is out he too should be mine as well. As for Metroplex, what a sweet deal for me to have my childhood toy again. Back then I was stupid when I decided to trade a brand new UMagnus for a loose and incomplete Metroplex.

we get omega and the minibots then we get metroplex and the jets. hmmm seems like we get a big release and a small release. i sure hope we get trypticon and maybe an insecticon(or something that hasnt been rereleased) set next

I'm so glad that Metroplex is being reissued. I have one in terrible shape. Plus by the time he comes out I'll have the money for him!

I got a good one that bought off ebay a few years ago. It needs some new stickers and Scampers arms and gun as well as Sixgun's gun. Seeing it's the rubber tire version I'll hold on to it until we know what the encore one will be. If it's the plastic wheels then I'll make sure to hold on to the rubber tire version. Otherwise, it may end up a casualty of a space clearing purge.

Wow, I'm pretty excited about this one. Metroplex always was my favorite out of all the 'base' transformers. And he's cheaper than Omega Supreme.