Vintage Price Survey

cobrasaboteur

Pre-Movie Vintage Prices vs. Post-Movie Vintage Prices  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did prices of vintage transformers increase, decrease, or stay the same after the release of the Transformers movie?

• Vintage prices continued to rise at the same rate, regardless of the movie's success.
    • Vintage prices spiked after the release of Transformers The Movie.
    • Vintage prices stayed relatively the same from before the movie's release to after it was released.
    • Vintage prices decreased after the movies production, as the collecting focus changed to newer releases.

Hey all! Any help with this poll would be GREATLY appreciated. I am a gi joe collector, and with all the hype around the joe movie coming out I am wondering about my own collection. I've been collecting for about 10 years now, and my collection is probably 90% vintage (1980's) joes. I'd say if i was to piece it out now on ebay i'd probably get at least 18K, probably thousands more if i really took the time.

Although I really dont want to sell my collection, (i probably wont end up selling it @firedevil@ ) I'm under a lot of pressure from my mom @nono@ to sell my stuff. I'll be going to college in the fall and as some of you guys know that is a small fortune.

So...cutting to the chase, I've put thousands into my collection, and if i WAS to sell it, would you recommend waiting til after the movie comes out or now with all the 25th hype and so forth? I know you guys have seen this first hand as Transformers collectors.

If you have a poll choice that you are thinking of that isnt listed write it here! Also reasoning behind your poll choice would be awesome!

Thanks guys!

-saboteur

Can't really answer the poll since I don't pay much attention to prices. I buy when I can or when I get the urge (and have some extra cash). One important thing ot remember is there is almost ALWAYS another crack at it. Whatever it is your trying to buy. I don't mean your trying to buy. I mean that a buyer always has a second chance to get what they are looking for.

I say that becuase it can affect selling too, depending on the item. Something relatively rare can go for abnormal prices if the buyer doesn't think they will find it again, for example.

I think their may have been a small spike in prices because of the TF movie only because G.I. Joe is a Hasbro brand and a lot of collectors either collect both or are rather familiar with both.

But only a small spike after all Transformers is NOT G.I. Joe and that relation is small.

If your talking the G.I. Joe movie, of course their will be a spike in all things Joe as people gather interest. But your not talking about several important facets to your decision, basing it on the assumption your going to sell.

Are you going to sell the WHOLE collection as one lot?

Would you go for the most you can (that's not necessarily an obvious "yes" if its about getting rid of the items)?

Sell them in lots/pieces? Keep some?

You gotta give us more to go by, I think.

Timing is so key in selling. I try and win auctions that end at around 10:00 am during the week. I have bought a mint transformer less then 1/2 price of an incomplete one that ended in the evening when more people shop. I guess what I am trying to say is auctions are about 50% luck. To be successful you need to have your appeal to more then 1 buyer (preferably 100)