Fantastic Four Rise Of The Silver Surfer Movie Figures

blacksuitredsuit

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the New Fantastic Four Series 3 and other waves. Or did they discontinue the line? Answers are greatly appreciated...Thanks.

i think they discontinued the line, cause i remember seeing a doombot and an annihulus figure but they were released only one time a couple of months after the movie, i remember hearing though that they wee pulled back but some cases got to toys r us where they were put instantly on clearance

I think Blacksuitedsuit was refering to Wave 3 of last year's 5" F4: Rise Of The Silver Surfer figures, not from the 1st/2005 F4 Movie line. Wave 3 consists of both Johnny and Reed with all 4 members powers, Dr. Doom with the Surfer's powers, and a 2nd verison of the Silver Surfer with a board that's slightly different. Here's a link from Big Bad Toystore with some info and pictures about it:

- http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;picture=out

If blacksuitedsuit was refering to these figures, I did see them in a comic book store late last year as well as early this year in Toronto call Silver Snail. I only recalled seeing both Reed, Johnny, and Surfer, but I never saw Doom. That said, if you look at the above link, it states that they are suppose to be release in April 2008. But other wise, yes, they did get released, but maybe in limited #'s, or you may have a better chance finding them in certian comic book stores, discount stores or Winners, or something like that.

oh those are pretty cool looking, but im going to pass since there still 5 inch scale

The Iron Man figures are 6 inches...

Take off the armor, he's a 5"-figure. The armor's too small.

#US1#

IMST

ya but if you look at the iron man guys from the face-off two packs their smaller than these new guys so they still fit in, plus there barely smaller than the ML ones

#US1#

IMST

ya but if you look at the iron man guys from the face-off two packs their smaller than these new guys so they still fit in, plus there barely smaller than the ML ones

mls004-4.jpg

Cat, where did you get these guys? I didn't even know they actually existed, I thought they were just rumors. Wow, your collection is top notch.

mls004-4.jpg

Cat, where did you get these guys? I didn't even know they actually existed, I thought they were just rumors. Wow, your collection is top notch.

these guys can be found in the clearance section of toy r us, their notorious for having them (well actually ive only ever seen the Thing with spider, Doombot, and the Mr. Fantastic) but there hard to find because ever once in a great while toys r us will get a box and instantly put them on clearance so collectors get them at a low price, plus whats cool it that there 6 inch scale since there from the first movie, best thing i would say it to ask a worker at your local toys r us to check for any more boxes from the clearance first movie fantastic four line, sometimes if a line goes on clearance the store will hold all the other boxes until the clearance ones are gone then they just refill pegs.

good luck hunting

I'll keep an eye out for these, they look sweet for 5 inchers. especially torch

ff4.jpg

ff5.jpg

mls004-4.jpg

HeroesForHire-3.jpg

these ones are from the first movie so id believe they are in the 6 inch scale

#US1#

IMST

movie ironmans armor adds very little height to him

its 6 inch scale

#US1#

honestly if you are going to judge ironman figures like this,then essentially all ironman figures MUST be ATLEAST as tall and big as thor buster ironman for tony stark to be 6 inch scale

#US1#

IMST

movie ironmans armor adds very little height to him

its 6 inch scale

#US1#

honestly if you are going to judge ironman figures like this,then essentially all ironman figures MUST be ATLEAST as tall and big as thor buster ironman for tony stark to be 6 inch scale

You're missing the point...Entirely.

If the line is a 6"-scale, that's the starting point. All other figures must be proportionally bigger/smaller to fit the line, and "exist" in that faux-universe.

In other words, if HASBRO put a Hulk figure on the pegs that was the same height as the Iron-Man figures currently on the pegs, everyone on this board (including those who disagree with me) would be screaming "It's too small!! It's too small!!! Waaaaaaahhhh!!!". But, by their own logic, I'd say "It's a 6"-line. He's a 6" figure. He fits. What's the problem???"

Since 6" is the starting point, then we use that for the unseen figure that fits inside the armor. In other words, for Tony Stark. Then, we cover him with armor. Now, he's BIGGER. And BULKIER.

So, I repeat: The Iron-Man movie figs are designed (accidentally) for a 5"-line of figs. Or, if it will make everyone happy, a 5-1/2 " line...But it ain't 6".

I rest my case.

#US1#

If the line is a 6"-scale, that's the starting point. All other figures must be proportionally bigger/smaller to fit the line, and "exist" in that faux-universe.

In other words, if HASBRO put a Hulk figure on the pegs that was the same height as the Iron-Man figures currently on the pegs, everyone on this board (including those who disagree with me) would be screaming "It's too small!! It's too small!!! Waaaaaaahhhh!!!". But, by their own logic, I'd say "It's a 6"-line. He's a 6" figure. He fits. What's the problem???"

Since 6" is the starting point, then we use that for the unseen figure that fits inside the armor. In other words, for Tony Stark. Then, we cover him with armor. Now, he's BIGGER. And BULKIER.

So, I repeat: The Iron-Man movie figs are designed (accidentally) for a 5"-line of figs. Or, if it will make everyone happy, a 5-1/2 " line...But it ain't 6".

I rest my case.

#US1#

THE PROBLEM IS, WITH YOUR ANALOGY, YOU MADE HULK 6-INCH TALL AND SAID HE FITS BECAUSE HE'S 6-INCH TALL. WE SAID IRON MAN MOVIE FIGS ARE IN 6-INCH SCALE, THAT'S WHY THEY FIT, BECAUSE THEY'RE IN 6-INCH SCALE, NOT BECAUSE THEY'RE 6-INCH TALL . IT SEEMS THAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHO'S LOGIC OR WORDS YOU'RE REFERRING TO, 'CAUSE ONCE AGAIN, YOU ARE WRONG. YOU ARE DEAD WRONG. AND YOU WILL STAY WRONG REGARDING THIS THING.

I rest my case.

#US1#

THE PROBLEM IS, WITH YOUR ANALOGY, YOU MADE HULK 6-INCH TALL AND SAID HE FITS BECAUSE HE'S 6-INCH TALL. WE SAID IRON MAN MOVIE FIGS ARE IN 6-INCH SCALE, THAT'S WHY THEY FIT, BECAUSE THEY'RE IN 6-INCH SCALE, NOT BECAUSE THEY'RE 6-INCH TALL . IT SEEMS THAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHO'S LOGIC OR WORDS YOU'RE REFERRING TO, 'CAUSE ONCE AGAIN, YOU ARE WRONG. YOU ARE DEAD WRONG. AND YOU WILL STAY WRONG REGARDING THIS THING.

Look how loud I have to type!

Anyway, the Iron man figs are in a pseudo-six inch scale. They do not take into account the person inside and only barely fit with the Legends series in terms of size. (Tony inside would have to be really rail-thin to fit with the other MLs)

Now, weren't we talking about FF4 movie figs?

I wouldn't mind a chance to get that Doom. When I saw the armor in the movie, I said "I don't even collect movie figures, but that just looks cool."

So of course, we don't have a figure of it, which completely mystifies me. What about a supervillain in armor DOESN'T sound like a good sell?

Too bad the rest of your statement doesn't illustrate your understanding of this concept...

You mean other than denying your own assertion that figures should be larger or smaller around the 6" average scale, rather than all 6" across the board?

Well now, there's your real issue. You want Tony sans armor to be 6"... which again denies your assertion that figures can be larger or smaller around that 6" average. You're allowing for characters to not be exactly 6" within a 6" line, because that's the idea behind 'scale', then denying that Tony could be less than 6" without his armor.

The 6" scale is meant to represent 1'=1". So if we assume that Tony Stark (as portrayed by Robert Downey Jr) isn't 6' tall (he isn't), then the Tony inside the Iron Man armor wouldn't be exactly 6", even though it is 6" scale. It's conceivable because of this that movie Iron Man would be in 6" scale even though he's not much bigger than 6"... especially since we don't know how the thickness or height of the armor alone.

But of course, this has all been contested with you before. You're aware of all this. And you're butting into threads that aren't even about it to toss it in there just to stir up trouble and argument, because that's your idea of a good time.

I rest my case.

#US1#

Temper, temper.

The problem is that my logic is PERFECT, and has been spelled-out and explained over and over and over again...Yet you fail to see it.

My analogy of the 6" Hulk was meant as a "supposition". I was using the logic of those who disagree with me against themselves. It was crystal-clear, and highly insightful...But it went "whooooooosh!!!!"...Right over your head!

Read if again...Carefully. Maybe (maybe!) you'll get it. (Dubious...)

I was right. I am right. I'll remain right. 100% right.

Now...Still wanna' argue logic??

#US1#