Wave 9 listed at Cornerstore Comics

shlappyguy

... and it's totally different than the list that popped up in Wal-Mart's system. According to Cornerstore, the case of eight will contain one each of Bazooka, BBQ, Hawk (hopefully General Hawk), B.A.T., Snow Serpent, something called Storm Shadow black, and a Wild Bill and a Torpedo. Not too shabby a line-up if true, and it makes sense to me that we would have gotten Bazooka for the Joes before we get the "cobra bazo" in the WM computer. Too bad that they threw in the Wild Bill and Torpedo rather than two each of Snow Serpent and B.A.T, or I would've ordered a case for sure. Also could do without any more Storm Shadows...

This is a better line up than that Wal-Mart list. But I'm a TRUE GIJ fan. I'm totlly hardcore. Dude, I goback to 82-83 so you know how hardcore I am. That's why I'd rather get ZAP, the REAL GIJ bazooka guy, than Bazooka who always looked pretty stupid in that football shirt. This is the army and they're going to let him look like an effing couch potato like that? Bull! He should be in UNIFORM like the real army! That was the best thing about the 82 line up. It was the only time the Joes ever looked like the real army.

I agree 100% with the Bazooka/Zap thing. I always was bothered by his bright red Jersey, and the way in the cartoon that he spoke like a caveman or something. Considering that Zap and Short Fuze are the only two original Joes that we've yet to see plans for, I bet we get them in a comic pack.

This is a better line up than that Wal-Mart list. But I'm a TRUE GIJ fan. I'm totlly hardcore. Dude, I goback to 82-83 so you know how hardcore I am. That's why I'd rather get ZAP, the REAL GIJ bazooka guy, than Bazooka who always looked pretty g@y in that stupid football shirt. This is the army and they're going to let him look like an effing couch potato like that? Bull! He should be in UNIFORM like the real army! That was the best thing about the 82 line up. It was the only time the Joes ever looked like the real army.

i agree sweet line up-------AND i want ZAP TOO!!!

but my 2 cents on the UNIFORMITY THING------GI JOE IS NOT THE REAL ARMY!!! BOTTOM LINE!!

They are more DELTA, or DELTA FORCE-----DELTA is mainly ARMY

but, DELTA also falls under

The J.S.O.C.-------Joint Special Operations Command-----which they command

Delta Force-ARMY

United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group,NAVY/NAVY SEALS /MARINES FORCE RECON

24th Special Tactics Squadron AIR FORCE

75th Ranger Regiment -ARMY

Intelligence Support Activity, which eventually used codenames including CENTRA SPIKE, TORN VICTOR and GRAY FOX.

Joint Aviation Unit, sometimes believed to be the former SEASPRAY unit --

Technical Intelligence Unit, Special Reconnaissance Capabilities (SRC)

Signals Intelligence Branch

SO THIS IS MORE LIKE G.I. JOE---------I HAVE A FRIEND WHO IS DELTA-(who i haven spoken or heard from in about 5 years though)---HE WAS S.F.----SYOPS---ETC

MOST GUYS THAT ARE DELTA OR S.F. OUTSIDE OF BEING IN A MILTITARY UNIFORM YOU WOULDNT EVEN KNOW THEY WERE IN THE MILITARY

AND THAT ALL RESULTS FROM "BLENDING IN TO YOUR SURRONDINGS"

-PUT A IN SHAPE AMERICAN WITH A HIGH AND TIGHT HAIR CUT, CLEAN SHAVEN, IN A GROUP OF AVERAGE AMERICANS AND HE'LL STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD,

PUT HIM IN SOUTH AMERICA or THE MIDDLE EAST (well, not right now there)AND HE'L STICK OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB,

but he has LONGER HAIR, MAYBE A BEARD OR A GOATEE, SOME WHAT NOT SQUARED AWAY LOOKING CLOTHING WISE

AND HE'LL BLEND IN BETTER

THATS WHY IVE NEVER CARED ABOUT THE JOE TEAMS LOOKING "UNIFORM"----BECAUSE BEING UN-UNIFORM IS THE REALITY!

THE ONLY TIME I CAN SEE THEM BEING "UNIFORM" IS AT THE PIT ----OR WHEN THEY ARE DOING "GARRISON ACTIVITIES"

AND THE MAIN REASON ALL THE 1982-JOES LOOKED UNIFORM

THEY WERE ALL FROM THE ARMY!----

JUST MY 2-CENTS

OK---MAYBE THAT WAS MORE LIKE 10 CENTS

LOL

DOC

OK THIS IS COOL. BUT WHAT IF THESE ARE DIFFRENT WAVES ?

MINES THE 2 LIST, WICH EVER MAY BE. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET OUT-BACK & TUNNEL RAT? AND THAT 2 PACK OF FALCON VS. Nemesis ?

Sweet!!!!!!!!! I so hope this is the real wave 9!!! If that is the case all I need is Falcon and Dusty and I will have all my Joe favs with BBQ coming.

Draven

Ditto!

Oh and Doc hit it right on the head. GI Joe is not meant to be a super realistic army duds Joe. So get over that if you think it is. That is not what Larry wrote, the father of RAH GI JOE. Second Bazooka has way more appreal than Zap ever will to a collector base that knows who he is and to kids too. Lets face it, most kids would choose Bazooka over Zap just like most of us did back in the day.

Draven

That is awesome, I'd gladly take both reported versions of wave 9 in a heart beat. I can't wait to see Barbeque. I think I will be happy to have BBQ, Blowtorch, and V1 Deepsix. As long as hasbro keeps making them, I say keep em coming!