Anyone collect the TB early 90s X-Men figures?

yojoebro82

These guys saw a lot of play when I was a kid. I gave most of them to the Goodwill because Marvel Legends came out and I didn't see any point in keeping them.

But today I found Iceman, the color change in the freezer one, at a collectables store MIB for $3. I had to pick him up. I LOVED this guy back in the day. Now he's staying in the box. I also picked up Morph and Wolverine II. They don't go for much on ebay but they bring back memories.

These guys saw a lot of play when I was a kid. I gave most of them to the Goodwill because Marvel Legends came out and I didn't see any point in keeping them.

But today I found Iceman, the color change in the freezer one, at a collectables store MIB for $3. I had to pick him up. I LOVED this guy back in the day. Now he's staying in the box. I also picked up Morph and Wolverine II. They don't go for much on ebay but they bring back memories.

Yeah I've got a ton MOC and quite a few loose. They're the line I collected the most in the 90's

There used to be an awesome site that cataloged all of the 90's ToyBiz figures, everything from X-Men to Spider-man to Ghost Rider...

Anyone have any clue what it was?

Nope not me, but let me know when you find out what the site is.

but yeah, i keep mine in a box in my closet. I tried displaying them at one point, but they didint look good near ML figures. For me, having them is a waste of space, but I keep'em for my memories when I was a young lad.

There used to be an awesome site that cataloged all of the 90's ToyBiz figures, everything from X-Men to Spider-man to Ghost Rider...

Anyone have any clue what it was?

http://www.banned/archives/index.shtml

That has a good portion of them, but I'm pretty sure it's not the site you're referring to.

Lord, I still have a ton of 5" figures and customs I'm trying to get rid of. Guess I should add them to my trade thread or something.

Still got all mine, but they are used! Some of them more than others (I also got some real used secret wars guys).

I don't actively collect them though. I have an urge to, when I see them, since there are still a bunch that I always wanted when I was little. It's kinda hard to resist, but I know they are just gona go in a box, so I leave it.

For instance, I was at a flea market last weekend and I found that Iceman with the spiky shoulders and the clip on ice fists. Man, I wanted him SO bad when I was little. Nonetheless, I passed 'em up since I know I'm just gona rip 'em out of the package and then leave 'em. *sigh* Honestly though, he was only 5 bucks. Shoulda got 'em anyway....

Or the Iceman where you could put him in a mold, fill it with water, freeze it, and remove him to give him a real ice board.

It really just made everything wet, but the idea was great.

Oh, and yeah, I still have all of mine. Boxed up, though.

I have all the X-Men ToyBiz figures, including all the variants. I do know there were 4 Marvel books highlighting the figures and toys back in the late 90's. I am not aware of the site, I can look for it.

Here's my collection:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11170

all i gotta say is wow that a lot of stuff,i collect the early 90s toybiz

x-men/x-force figures i was just wondering what is your most rare repaint from those series

I used to kinda collect em when i was younger(kid hehe) even seen some MOC at a local collectables place but i just can't force my self to buy any, if i can't force my self to buy some of Hasbro's good articulated SM3 5 inch figures how in the hell could i convince my self buying older less articulated would be good? Just can't, face it 6 inch scale has taken me over except for 3 3/4 scale, and 7 inch scale hehe.

I have a bunch of the Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Spider-Man and X-Men Animated series figures from the early 90's still on cards ( I won't say MOC becuase I don't know the condition they are in).

I also have a TON of the KB exclusive 10" figures that were perpetually on clearance for $2.99.

this might sound stupid, but i CANT figure out what MOC stands for lol

MINT

ON

CARD

Mint being the grading condition, IE Mint, Near Mint, Good, Fine, Poor, etc.

For those collecting heathens who don't open up their toys and play with them.

MIB = MINT IN BOX, which is the same thing.

I had built up quite a large collection of xmen and spiderman figures & was quite pissed off at the marvel legends line for a while when it first came out because of this... I know I am not the only one here either :D :D Still have and love all of those figures stored away in a box... I ever get the space/room and they come out pronto like a lot of other stuff but I'm never going to sell or get rid of them :D If I was though I suppose I'd send em over to pogoman for his kids to play with ... NOT going to happen though :D

I had built up quite a large collection of xmen and spiderman figures & was quite pissed off at the marvel legends line for a while when it first came out because of this... I know I am not the only one here either :D :D

Count me in that group too; I remember being kinda ticked that the figures were so huge! Once I found out that was the new norm, I caved in and bought the spider-man legends black costume spidey. From then on out I started on my ongoing quest to replace my old figures!

Tell ya the truth, I'm still not all that happy with the ML size. I will always love smaller figures. Ya take what you can get though.

I have all the X-Men ToyBiz figures, including all the variants. I do know there were 4 Marvel books highlighting the figures and toys back in the late 90's. I am not aware of the site, I can look for it.

Here's my collection:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11170

all i gotta say is wow that a lot of stuff,i collect the early 90s toybiz

x-men/x-force figures i was just wondering what is your most rare repaint from those series

The grey haired Forge with brown holster. I do have a Jean Grey from the Onslaught series where her blue parts of the costume are a metallic green. I haven't seen it listed in any guide. Also Skin from the Generation X series came with a headset, some were gold, some were silver. All the variants are MOC packed away. I only have so much room, so not everything can be displayed.

I also have the black claw Wolverine from Secret Wars MOC.