any news about L.C.B.H ?

aaozz9

Hey guys !! I reed in Toy fare that they don't have any cancellations new about the legendary comic book heroes and went they know about this they going to tell us . so any of you guy's know something about it ? please ...

I wanted the IceGiant soooooooo BAD! @grumpy@ I hope they still release him some how.

My guess would be there's a slim chance to see the tooling sent over to Hasbro and be re-tooled to create a Marvel Asgardian Frost-Giant.

Otherwise, any other specific characters in the proposed wave 3 probably never saw any kind of a production-run at all, and their licensing agreements to do so either have or will evaporate pretty soon.

All I've heard is that these STILL have nothing to do with Marvel comics so....

Yeah.

I really, really want that Frost Giant or 3 also. I would love if Hasbro could buy the sculpts and release a Thor wave or two with a BAF Frost Giant. That would be awesome!

I was collecting these and I wasn't happy when I heard about the LCBH cancellation a while back. We got good characters, great sculpts with articulation and great paint jobs. Classic ToyBiz quality(Marvel Toys now). With the way so many people felt about ToyBiz being better than Hasbro I really thought LCBH would be here for quite a while. I mean, the Judge Dredd and Conan are real "must have" figures. The Pitt BAF? Amazing. Monkey Man is good, too. They tower over Ronan, Blob and Annihilus. LCBH R.I.P.

Well it looks like Jesse Falcon is having a major influence on Hasbro and how they are making toys. Though we are in a dead period for Marvel Legends toy news, it looks like we are getting a major upgrade from what we saw last year. I am very excited just from reading that article. We are going to get old Marvel Legends quality. If this year's Marvel Legends look as good as the Legendary Comic Heroes, (which I think is going to happen) I will be very happy and I will tell all Hasbro bashers to SHUT UP!

i am sad to see it go, i was looking forward to the third series. especially aphrodite-9.

the kb i work at is getting the older series for cheap now. single ones (i won't know what series til tomorrow) for $5.98 and the 2-packs for $9.98

end shameless plug

It is a shame. It was an AWESOME line... but in all fairness, it was pretty obvious they had trouble finding enough marketable characters for only two waves; half of the figures represent comics that haven't had an issue out for a year or more (and some of them never will again).

That's not to say that I didn't appreciate every last figure... but that IS to say that it would have fared better as some sort of Diamond-exclusive or direct market collector's line where more fans of those properties would have stumbled onto them. I know a Body Bags fan who honestly had no idea that Clownface and Panda had gotten figures, and he WORKS in Wal-Mart, less than a thousand feet from a peg full of them!

Direct-market would also have opened up character choices a little more. Some of the more violent, controversial or non-action oriented characters could have made it into the line- I know I would have loved to see Lady Death, Battle Pope, and Powers figures.

But all that means nothing, really. I didn't get my Big Guy & Rusty BAF. LCBH sucks!

;)

It is a shame. It was an AWESOME line... but in all fairness, it was pretty obvious they had trouble finding enough marketable characters for only two waves; half of the figures represent comics that haven't had an issue out for a year or more (and some of them never will again).

That's not to say that I didn't appreciate every last figure... but that IS to say that it would have fared better as some sort of Diamond-exclusive or direct market collector's line where more fans of those properties would have stumbled onto them. I know a Body Bags fan who honestly had no idea that Clownface and Panda had gotten figures, and he WORKS in Wal-Mart, less than a thousand feet from a peg full of them!

Direct-market would also have opened up character choices a little more. Some of the more violent, controversial or non-action oriented characters could have made it into the line- I know I would have loved to see Lady Death, Battle Pope, and Powers figures.

But all that means nothing, really. I didn't get my Big Guy & Rusty BAF. LCBH sucks!

;)

I totally agree with everything you just said. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Didn't Marvel get the rights to Powers? I thought I saw a trade or something of Powers with the Marvel logo on the side the other day at the comic shop. I used to love that series.

;)

Holy crap that wouldve been awesome..... it wouldve been even more amazing if they had big guys arms open up and have its chainguns pop out... damnit why did LCBH die?? damnit all the hell.

Isn't there another company that is doing the same style figures/ ML Style independent characters ? and there being a build a figure Tick ?

Shocker Toys is the other company. The link leads to another TNI thread where it shows pics of the Maxx, Shadowhawk, and Scud the disposable Assassin. A few other figures have been mentioned for their first release. Heard nothing about a Tick, but that would be the cat's pajamas.

Unfortunately, I think any company that takes the same mainstream route is doomed to fail at some point. Tons of indie characters, but you have to watch which ones are thrown out if Wal-Mart/Target/TRU carry them.

LCBH wasn't cancelled for bad sales, it actually had very good sales. It was another reason that I can't exactly remember.

Isn't there another company that is doing the same style figures/ ML Style independent characters ? and there being a build a figure Tick ?

Shocker Toys is the other company. The link leads to another TNI thread where it shows pics of the Maxx, Shadowhawk, and Scud the disposable Assassin. A few other figures have been mentioned for their first release. Heard nothing about a Tick, but that would be the cat's pajamas.

Unfortunately, I think any company that takes the same mainstream route is doomed to fail at some point. Tons of indie characters, but you have to watch which ones are thrown out if Wal-Mart/Target/TRU carry them.

Those figures look really good !!!!!!!!! #US1#

Why would Tick need to be a BAF? I mean, just look at all the whining that happened over 'not so big' BAFs like Ronan and Metamorpho. Quite frankly, if any company is making BAFs and hasn't looked at the response to ML/DCSH/LCBH figures to realize that large BAFs are the way to go, I have to question their insight regarding the collectors that they're trying to sell product to.

Indie Spotlight has been in pre-production for over a year now. This is what, the third set of prototypes?

I have nothing against Shocker Toys (to be quite frank, I've never been interested in any of their figures before, so I have no opinion one way or another regarding them), but when you wait over a year and the first wave is STILL in proto stage, it makes one a bit cynical. The very fact that they have over a dozen properties on tap, preventing them from being made into toys by anyone else, but are presently putting out NOTHING... that doesn't help. Why should I care that properties that I like might get some attention in wave 3 or 4 when wave 1 has been in limbo for over a year?

I agree. Indie characters market to a very select part of the larger toy-buying segment. Having 'cool characters' will only go so far to increase sales to the average buyer. Sales to kids are practically nullified if the parents actually read the package ("Scud the disposable... Jimmy, put this back where you found it and go look for a Hot Wheels").

A peg or two in Wal-Mart or TRU is a good idea, but ideally, the bulk of exposure and sales should be aimed at the direct market, as that's where most of the people who know and care about the characters will be found.

Didn't Marvel get the rights to Powers? I thought I saw a trade or something of Powers with the Marvel logo on the side the other day at the comic shop. I used to love that series.

Powers is currently being published by Marvel's Icons imprint. To my understanding, that's a creator-owned imprint, so Bendis/Oeming would still have all the rights to license the characters to whoever they wanted for whatever purpose they wanted. I think it's honestly unlikely that Marvel would even care, as they have no real ability to make merchandise themselves, and Powers would probably be a hard sell to Hasbro (just try describing the first arc alone to an all-ages audience). At best, Hasbro might make some sort of online-only collector-aimed exclusive figures, as they are doing for Cloverfield, but the odds of getting Shocker or McFarlane or some other company known for non-mainstream figures involved would probably be a lot less hassle.

Indie Spotlight has been in pre-production for over a year now. This is what, the third set of prototypes?

I have nothing against Shocker Toys (to be quite frank, I've never been interested in any of their figures before, so I have no opinion one way or another regarding them), but when you wait over a year and the first wave is STILL in proto stage, it makes one a bit cynical. The very fact that they have over a dozen properties on tap, preventing them from being made into toys by anyone else, but are presently putting out NOTHING... that doesn't help. Why should I care that properties that I like might get some attention in wave 3 or 4 when wave 1 has been in limbo for over a year?

Oh, don't get me wrong - I don't expect to see these anytime soon or ever for the matter of it. Shocker Toys have dozens of top Indie Licenses (many of which I would have loved to have seen in LCBH's very short stint), but they aren't known for timeliness or, honestly, for any product on the shelves (maybe something I'm forgetting, but fairly certain nothing has seen the light of collectors' shelves yet.)

This is very much a classic #$%^ or get off the pot scenario. And they aren't doing much of either. The sculpts look good, for their benefit, but thats about as much praise as I will throw their way. Although, at NYCC (which is coming up in a few weeks) their is supposed to be a Scud con exclusive.

LCBH wasn't cancelled for bad sales, it actually had very good sales. It was another reason that I can't exactly remember.

To be frank, if sales were THAT good, then they wouldn't have cancelled the line. Money makes the world go, and I suspect Marvel Toys' contracting to other vendors was a bit more cost effective than running a line with a bunch of no recognition superheroes (which is true, outside of a handful of characters, most of the characters have had NO mainstream exposure, and as we've all seen, a quality toy is no guarantee of great sales anymore)

To be frank, if sales were THAT good, then they wouldn't have cancelled the line. Money makes the world go, and I suspect Marvel Toys' contracting to other vendors was a bit more cost effective than running a line with a bunch of no recognition superheroes (which is true, outside of a handful of characters, most of the characters have had NO mainstream exposure, and as we've all seen, a quality toy is no guarantee of great sales anymore)

Nah, I can see them killing it for the reasons stated--namely they wanted to concentrate their efforts on their outside contracts related to the Marvel licenses. LOTR wound down, TNA jumped to another company......all they had left--AFAIK- was LCBH. There was a bit of a odd disparity with a company called Marvel Toys ( spun off from Marvel itself) making toys for its literal competing publisher like Dark Horse and Image.

Its undeniable the product was excellent, looked great in the package, and probably did sell to their modest expectations.

Still, that question of the public's awareness of those characters was the one nut that really begged cracking.

To Marvel Toys credit, they matched obscure with fairly mainstream. Judge Dredd has a sizable audience, as does Conan, but Star is a character I honestly has never heard of before.......and Madman always struck me as very niche interest in comics.

My personal suspicion is that there may have been a wall they struck in terms of building a roster with enough well-known characters to fuel future waves.

Shocker Toys claims to have several classic licenses like the Lone Ranger, The Phantom, Dick Tracy etc. that would have been amazing in the LCBH line.

Alas, they are not to be in that light.

Nah, I can see them killing it for the reasons stated--namely they wanted to concentrate their efforts on their outside contracts related to the Marvel licenses. LOTR wound down, TNA jumped to another company......all they had left--AFAIK- was LCBH. There was a bit of a odd disparity with a company called Marvel Toys ( spun off from Marvel itself) making toys for its literal competing publisher like Dark Horse and Image.

Its undeniable the product was excellent, looked great in the package, and probably did sell to their modest expectations.

Still, that question of the public's awareness of those characters was the one nut that really begged cracking.

To Marvel Toys credit, they matched obscure with fairly mainstream. Judge Dredd has a sizable audience, as does Conan, but Star is a character I honestly has never heard of before.......and Madman always struck me as very niche interest in comics.

My personal suspicion is that there may have been a wall they struck in terms of building a roster with enough well-known characters to fuel future waves.

Shocker Toys claims to have several classic licenses like the Lone Ranger, The Phantom, Dick Tracy etc. that would have been amazing in the LCBH line.

Alas, they are not to be in that light.

Hey Arrow no claims we do hold the rights for Lone Ranger, The Phantom and Dick Tracy. Series 2 will be on display at NYCC with Dick Tracy, Ignacia, Jack Staff, King Zombie and The Tick.

Hey Arrow no claims we do hold the rights for Lone Ranger, The Phantom and Dick Tracy. Series 2 will be on display at NYCC with Dick Tracy, Ignacia, Jack Staff, King Zombie and The Tick.

I hear ya.

I gotta see the pics first before I believes ya though. You understand. ;)

But like I said on Newsarama, you guys get the license for Captain Canuck and then we'll really talk...