Films you would like to see....

Riker

I am curious to know what books, novels (being fiction or non-fiction from any genre), short stories... etc... you would like to see made into a film.

I was thinking about this after taking a history class and having to reading many different biographies that I thought would make great film stories... inspiring or not they would.

For example the story of the man who created Hershey's chocolate Milton Snavely Hershey. His life seemed like it could make an incredibly family-type inspiring biopic.

Other novels are like those of the Harry Bosch series... like "The Black Echo"!

Whip by Martin Caidin.

Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy.

Mobile Suit Gundam would make a good live-action film or film series.

Tunnel Through Time- old kiddie novel--but a good story.

Ringworld by Larry Niven--though Halo has probably sacked that concept from ever happening....

I'd like to see a mini-series about the life of Sir David Sterling--founder of the British Special Air Service, from his time in the Sahara up to his supporting mercenary actions in Africa.

L Neil Smith's book the Probability Breach would be a good start for a movie.

Disney should make a bio-pic about their founder--Walt Disney.

Marvel could do a film about Stan Lee and Jack Kirby--call it " Stan and Jack".

Heck, why not do one just called "Steranko"--the man has led a life more than interesting enough for the movies.

There's one I can think of right off the bat... "The Thin, Dark Line" by Tami Hoag. Or most books she's written. She's an awesome writer!

Those are some interesting ideas guys!

I would definitely watch those in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of those have already been adapted into screenplays and are just waiting for a studio to pick them up!

Have you read ANYthing by Tami Hoag?? Seriously, you should... her books (i have a LOT of them) are AWESOMELY AMAZING!! haha

"The Belgariad," "The Mallorian," series and the follow-up books "Belgarath" and "Polgara" by David Eddings. Great reads.

I'd also like to see JLA made into a live action film..... and The Avengers.... and Captain America......

there's a few others, but they escape me...

• 2 weeks later...

All those I really wanted the most are apparently now under development or are planned to be:

Hobbit (great book, apparently will be two movies)

Mechwarrior/BattleTech (lots of great source writtings/material)

Avengers (da!)

I think kids need a book adaptaion that will shock them much like a few I can remember did when I was young such as Watership Down or Rikki-tikki-tavi.

The Hobbit! Can't wait to see that in movie... that's gonna be amazing!!

Another I want to see... 'The Undead Series' by MaryJanice Davison. Great series, tooootally hilarious!!! ^_^