Wheeljack35

Target Vehicle Exclusive Update

I picked up the AWE striker and Shark today they were just sitting on the shelf. We went to one Target where my buddy knows everyone there and they had them in back and he was like.. you want me to get them for you? and I told him not to worry about it, cause we were already at the front and about to leave.. and sure enough, went to the next target and they had those 2 on the shelf.. I didn't actually want the HISS, lol.. so that was kind of cool.

OH.. and yeah, $9.99.. I couldn't believe it.. I was expecting $20, and was only going to get the AWE striker, but $9.99 plus a $5 off $25 purchase(my buddy got a clone) couldn't pass them up. man I love Target!!!

Are these vehicles really only 9.99 ? Holy @$#% !!!! I swore that I wasn't going to army build anything from this line , inwhich I haven't so far , but 9.99 for a HISS and a Figure ? :D .... remember in 2001, the blue TRU HISS tanks were 19.99....... I loved that blue...... so I just might have to get quite a few of these LOL ......(Good thing that I don't like a majority of the Star Wars Order66 packs.)

Wrong! They were $9.99. I traded one away which still had the orange TRU sticker on it. :D

Chicagoland area, Broadview to be exact, Supertarget, I used the DCPI code on one of the stationary price scanners and it showed the vechicles were Instock.

I asked a female employee, (who works in the dept. next to the toys) what their policy was on getting items from the stockroom that are Instock, I knew the answer already.

I played dumb: I told her I checked an item on their scanner and it was instock but that I could not find it in the aisle. I knew she had no idea that these are exclusives or when the store was planning to display them.

She said she would check the stockroom and bring whatever she could carry.

Screw asking a employee in toy dept, they always seems bothered by collectors and unwilling to help out.

anyway she brought back two cases, which of course I bought both. She was so happy to help I could've got her to bring several more cases out.

The Joe vehicles do not have street dates, I have seen a box now to proove the reports. There was no street dates on it

Draven

I CAN SECOND THAT! I HAVE A FEW BOXES IN HAND AND NONE HAVE A STREET DATE ON THEM.

AND AGAIN I WAS TOLD BY A MANAGER THEY AREN'T ON THE FLOOR ONLY CAUSE THERE IS NO AREA GIVEN TO THEM YET.

The Joe vehicles do not have street dates, I have seen a box now to proove the reports. There was no street dates on it

Draven

I CAN SECOND THAT! I HAVE A FEW BOXES IN HAND AND NONE HAVE A STREET DATE ON THEM.

AND AGAIN I WAS TOLD BY A MANAGER THEY AREN'T ON THE FLOOR ONLY CAUSE THERE IS NO AREA GIVEN TO THEM YET.

Nobody said there was a street date on the box

Its supposed to be out that week

Damn people

Again its will be put out that week in stores that actually follow the rules

I give you guys the date and some of you act like you know more then the people who work there

Got mine today using the DPCI

Target3vehicles.jpg

And the box

Targetbox.jpg

Draven

Nobody said there was a street date on the box

Its supposed to be out that week

Damn people

Again its will be put out that week in stores that actually follow the rules

I give you guys the date and some of you act like you know more then the people who work there

Why can't you except the fact you are not right for once? Just because you work at Target you do not know all. I know several Target employees, big whoop. There is no street date for these vehicles, never was! There is a differance between street date, which is a no sale rule and a date Target chooses to set up a display said items are on. That does not mean said items can not be sold before hand. Any store not willing to sell a non street date item is just loosing sales to anotherw hich is dumb.

Draven

Your like talking to a stone wall

I NEVER said there was a street date I only said for the millionth time is that there scheduled to be put out on the frontendcaps the week of the 13th

I don't care if you got them early

Everybody who gets them early won't have to wait till the 13th to get them.Ever noticed why you have to give them the DPCI and wonder why there not on the shelves?

I'm not wrong the date is in the computers for the items to be set out officially

Geez Draven what is it about what i'm saying that your not comprehending?

Alrighty then....

Kudos to Target for supporting the Joe line with exclusives, regardless of when they show up on the shelf!

I NEVER said there was a street date I only said for the millionth time is that there scheduled to be put out on the frontendcaps the week of the 13th

Everybody who gets them early won't have to wait till the 13th to get them.Ever noticed why you have to give them the DPCI and wonder why there not on the shelves?

I'm not wrong the date is in the computers for the items to be set out officially

official stocking date ≠ street date also adding that the other stores aren't following rules could also be part of the confusion

It seems to me there are no official rules when it comes to this sort of thing except for real street dated items.

A few stores do have them on the shelves. I haven't gone to my store yet.

official stocking date ≠ street date <---- there's the problem ;) also adding that the other stores aren't following rules could also be part of the confusion

It seems to me there are no official rules when it comes to this sort of thing except for real street dated items.

A few stores do have them on the shelves. I haven't gone to my store yet.

but again, he's not calling it a street date, he just said that, that's when they're setting the endcaps..

The reason they have a set date, is so they have product to put on the endcaps, stores make deals with companies for a reason, some companies even pay stores for space, so of course stores are going to want product to put on said shelves.. it'd be kind of crappy to walk into a store, they have something in the sales ad and then you walk into see nothing on the shelves... I bet you $100 that if tht was the case, there'd be about 20 threads about.. "OMG, WHY DOES TARGET SUCK AND NOT STOCK THEIR ITEMS IN THEIR SALES ADS!!!" lol

There is a big difference on something with a "street date" yeah, DVDs have them, some movie merchandise like figures and such have them, but stores like Target also have their own "SET DATES" which, like I stated above, is a date that's set aside for them to set up and make space for the toys, either on an end cap or a aisle reset.. that's all WJ was stating.. he didn't come in here and say..

"NOOB, LISTEN UP, YOU CAN'T BUY THEM BEFORE SUCH AND SUCH DATES, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE, SO SIT DOWN AND SHUT YOUR HOLE" no.. he was stating the facts, and explaining that some stores actually don't care about the dates and will put them out, or go in back for you...

It's not hard to comprehend, they're not out are they? Those who have gotten them.. did you find them on the shelf? I'll bet that 90% of you got them using the DPCI number, if there wasn't a date.. they'd be on the shelves.. they don't have any secret reason for holding back figures from the customers, if it's able to be stocked, they'll stock it.. if they have a reason to not, they wont..

perfect example, There's a special SW endcap coming up by the front registers in a couple weeks, most stores have the product in the stores, in the back, they're not hoarding them keeping them from the fans that are frothing at the mouth.. they're holding them for the special endcaps that they're going to have them on, they're a buisness and they have to plan all these things out.. if every John, Dick and Harry came in with DPCI in hand and they gave them all their Star Wars, what are they going to put on the end caps they had planned?

It's just that plain and simple.. deal with it. There are DATES, set up for when these will be out. It's people that are spoiled and used to getting everything handed to them, that are ruining the hobby, from the internet giving everyone pictures of the product 6 months ahead of time, and when they don't get pictures of future waves of such and such line, then all of a sudden they're ready to crucify the company for not caring about the fans, we live in a society now where people have to have everything here and now, and if they don't have it, they'll #$#@# and complain till they're blue in the face on their websites, blogs, myspaces, chatrooms, forums... their proverbial soapbox... and when they finally do get said items, by the time they're out in the stores, people are board with them and they're ready for the next wave, they've seen reviews, pictures of these for so long that they're board and want the next new big thing/wave... it's sad, it's why you see so many people changing what they collect so often now, people always "getting out" or what not....

anyway, I got off topic a little, it's just annoying all the forums I go to, with SW and GI Joes, everyone's always gotta complain that they don't have the newest wave with Joe Schmoe on the forums used his # to get them pulled from the backroom and posted pics on them.. and their store wont do it.. and next thing you know.. Target or Walmart is evil, they're out to screw the toy fans and take over the world..lol

anyway.. if your stores wont get them for you, there's a reason, if they will, props to you, go home and enjoy your new toys...

Thank you..

-Joe

but again, he's not calling it a street date, he just said that, that's when they're setting the endcaps..

True I'm saying people misunderstand and lump any sort of date that's called official into the street date category.

Yeah, so, er... anywho.

Using the special number, I was able to confirm that the item was in stock before I drove across town. The employee I spoke with pulled one of each from the back room and set them aside.

Furthermore, I was able to use the coupon posted here to get $5.00 off. In different transactions I bought 2 HISS's w/ a Cobra Trooper, then the Sharc/Spectre, AWE w/ a Cobra Trooper, and finally a Sherman in cool WWII deco with a Red Ninja - each with $5.00 off coupons making the troopers and ninja each about a buck.

AND I just got off the phone with the store manager praising the two employees that helped me out.

It's a good morning thus far. :)

I went into to Target monday morning and the guy working said they would not get them out till the 13th, then today i thought i would go for it again, except this time i talked to a woman, gave her the DCPI and she pulled two of each for me, so i am pretty happy. I will post pics later. Im also wondering if anyone has the DCPI for the new Order 66 packs?

The 2 Targets in Huntsville Alabama,have not even recived the Joe vehicles.The Target in Decatur is the only one who has theme in stock.I went there Saturday and gave a lady the DCPI and they brought out the Striker but then they said"no sorry we can't sell these until April 13th".To all the guys who got these early good work,just remember that there are some of us who have to wait until April 13th.The street date my not be on the box but they are flagged in the Targets system.I sure hope there will be enough of these to go around.

The 2 Targets in Huntsville Alabama,have not even recived the Joe vehicles.The Target in Decatur is the only one who has theme in stock.I went there Saturday and gave a lady the DCPI and they brought out the Striker but then they said"no sorry we can't sell these until April 13th".To all the guys who got these early good work,just remember that there are some of us who have to wait until April 13th.The street date my not be on the box but they are flagged in the Targets system.I sure hope there will be enough of these to go around.

BOUGHT MINE TODAY HERE IN MICHIGAN -------ALL SET UP IN A DISPLAY WITH THE TRANSFORMER AND THE ORDER 66 GUYS

NO PROBLEMS--I FEEL FORTUNATE---------MAYBE ITS JUST CERTAIN REGIONS THAT CANT SELL THEM UNTIL THE 13TH OR SOMETHING?

DOC

I got mine, and am happy with the figures especially, then the hiss and the "night specter" aka 20th version of the sharc ( I was looking through lees toy review at the vehicle guide, and can't believe how many redos there were of the same vehicle lol). Now I really like the awe striker, but my problem is with the stickers, with where they want you to put them they will fall off in a week after putting them on, like on the bars especially. Any tricks or ideas to better work these?

Thanks!!

I looks like if you want to get these vehicles you have to go to a store or find an employee who dosen't give a d?@mn.Again,I wish the employees at our Targets were as nice as you guy's.The ones out ours are stict.

Chicagoland area, Broadview to be exact, Supertarget, I used the DCPI code on one of the stationary price scanners and it showed the vechicles were Instock.

I asked a female employee, (who works in the dept. next to the toys) what their policy was on getting items from the stockroom that are Instock, I knew the answer already.

I played dumb: I told her I checked an item on their scanner and it was instock but that I could not find it in the aisle. I knew she had no idea that these are exclusives or when the store was planning to display them.

She said she would check the stockroom and bring whatever she could carry.

Screw asking a employee in toy dept, they always seems bothered by collectors and unwilling to help out.

anyway she brought back two cases, which of course I bought both. She was so happy to help I could've got her to bring several more cases out.

I happened to be in the Algonquin, IL area for the GIJCC Chicago Division show. We hit the Target there, dropped the DCPI on them and they brought out all 4 cases to us. We walked out with what we needed and left plenty behind. So you people in Chicagoland who has not got these, hit this store. They did not ask us any questions or give us any grief.

Update,I went to the Target on Carl T Jone drive and they did set up the register endcap.Only Joe vehicle they had was the Night spector and I grabbed it.They even had some of the order 66 figures out as well.

Update,I went to the Target on Carl T Jone drive and they did set up the register endcap.Only Joe vehicle they had was the Night spector and I grabbed it.They even had some of the order 66 figures out as well.

Congrats at least you got one of them

Is the HISS also 9.99$?? I thought it was 15$-20$....and i jsut bought one on ebay for 26$ :(

All 3 of the vehicles in that assortment are $9.99 each

Is the HISS also 9.99$?? I thought it was 15$-20$....and i jsut bought one on ebay for 26$ :(

that's what you get...

All 3 of the vehicles in that assortment are $9.99 each

Damn Scalpers!...now where am i gonna get these for 10$ a pop in Canada