Open them Figures

DeDzBRACKADOOM

I've got a nice-sized Marvel Legend's collection and I've not opened a single one. The ones I have that are out of package are ones I ordered off of Ebay/Amazon loose or duplicates I purchased specifically to open. My question is, do you think I should open some to display or fight my urge and leave them in the package hanging on the wall.

I've got:

Series 1 Cap

Series 2 Human Torch

Series 3 Magneto

Series 4 Punisher

Series 5 Nick Fury

Series 6 Deadpool (which I won't open as I already have another that I've opened)

All of Series 9 - Galactus (no variants)

All of Series 10 - Sentinal (no variants or Spiderman thanks to a theiving former roommate)

All of Series 11 - Legendary Riders (no variants)

All of Series 12 - Apocalypse (all vaiants + Regular Bishop)

All of Series 13 - Onslaught (no variants)

Giant Man Series Sabretooth (The Wal Marts in the Central Ohio area didn't get the line in, I picked up Sabretooth from a comic shop)

All of Series 14 - Mojo (+variant Zemo)

All of Series 15 - MODOK (+short haired yellow suited Wasp and Arachne)

All of Series H1 - Annihilus

Series H2 - Blob (minus She Hulk & Quicksilver, who I just didn't pick up for some reason and minus Ultimate Wolvie & Xorn who I used for Customs)

X-Men Classics - House of M/Air Strike Wolverine, Bird of Prey Angel, Juggernaut, Magneto, Tech Gear Beast, Ultimate Nightcrawler, Ultimate Sabretooth, Iceman.

Marvel Select - Ultimate Wolverine, Ultimate Thor, Marvel Zombies Spiderman, MZ Col. America, MZ Hulk.

What about you guys? How many of you open your figures?

I've got a nice-sized Marvel Legend's collection and I've not opened a single one. The ones I have that are out of package are ones I ordered off of Ebay/Amazon loose or duplicates I purchased specifically to open. My question is, do you think I should open some to display or fight my urge and leave them in the package hanging on the wall.

I've got:

Series 1 Cap

Series 2 Human Torch

Series 3 Magneto

Series 4 Punisher

Series 5 Nick Fury

Series 6 Deadpool (which I won't open as I already have another that I've opened)

All of Series 9 - Galactus (no variants)

All of Series 10 - Sentinal (no variants or Spiderman thanks to a theiving former roommate)

All of Series 11 - Legendary Riders (no variants)

All of Series 12 - Apocalypse (all vaiants + Regular Bishop)

All of Series 13 - Onslaught (no variants)

Giant Man Series Sabretooth (The Wal Marts in the Central Ohio area didn't get the line in, I picked up Sabretooth from a comic shop)

All of Series 14 - Mojo (+variant Zemo)

All of Series 15 - MODOK (+short haired yellow suited Wasp and Arachne)

All of Series H1 - Annihilus

Series H2 - Blob (minus She Hulk & Quicksilver, who I just didn't pick up for some reason and minus Ultimate Wolvie & Xorn who I used for Customs)

X-Men Classics - House of M/Air Strike Wolverine, Bird of Prey Angel, Juggernaut, Magneto, Tech Gear Beast, Ultimate Nightcrawler, Ultimate Sabretooth, Iceman.

Marvel Select - Ultimate Wolverine, Ultimate Thor, Marvel Zombies Spiderman, MZ Col. America, MZ Hulk.

What about you guys? How many of you open your figures?

ionne tough choice, for sure dont open the ones from series 1-6, in my opinion you should just open the ones you feel right about opening and the one you will regret least about opening, but once you open a rare figure it kinda feels weird(almost as if its lost its value), the bonus is that if you open your BAF series' you geta cool giant figure, i personally opened all my ML's, i just couldnt bear it not to, but i display all mine though, plus i used to playwith them(series 1 came out when i was like 10 so i couldnt resist), so its almost habit, its all your choice but you have to live you choice, lol plus if you open them all thats a lot of trash.

i open them all!

!!!!!!!!

they look more impressive and not as nerdy on display shelfs. having 200 legends open looks fierce. having 200 legends in clam shells.... well nerdy

as for price, of course it decreases value, but sometimes ive seen loose go for high amounts

i open them all!

!!!!!!!!

they look more impressive and not as nerdy on display shelfs. having 200 legends open looks fierce. having 200 legends in clam shells.... well nerdy

as for price, of course it decreases value, but sometimes ive seen loose go for high amounts

Sorry dude, but having 200 legends loose or MIP is going to look nerdy either way, also I agree I've seen loose figures go for more than when they were sealed (doesn't happen much though)

I would keep the older ones in their packages-I had opened a Series 1 Ironman and his arm broke off so you never know. If you need to play with them, find them on ebay loose. I would have bought two of everything and opened one and kept the other if I had the $$ at the time. My future plans is to work overtime and buy 2 of everything. Keep as long as you can in package!

The problem with opening figures is you don't know what will happen to them. One of the your cherished rare figures can fall off the display stand and break to pieces, now you're screwed because it takes major cash to get a new one. I opened up my Iron Man Figures for the Armory now I regret it because eveytime i look up on the shelve I think thier going to fall and go to pieces. I'm planning on buying more Iron Man movie figures just to keep in the box. Packaged figures look cool displayed too, I really don't have a problem with either way. Also think about it this way if you get in a tight jam on money you can always sell them to get you by, in the most extreme cases. When selling figures it is always better to have them in the box.

I'm glad someone brought this up; I recently got an Iron Man vs Madarin Face-off variant mint in the package. I really would like to open it just for War Machine, but I know it is pretty rare and can go for alot. If I were to leave it in the package, it would be the first legends figures I've done this with, I even opened Hawkeye and I'm not sure I should have. What should I do, open or leave it MIP.

The problem with opening figures is you don't know what will happen to them. One of the your cherished rare figures can fall off the display stand and break to pieces, now you're screwed because it takes major cash to get a new one. I opened up my Iron Man Figures for the Armory now I regret it because eveytime i look up on the shelve I think thier going to fall and go to pieces. I'm planning on buying more Iron Man movie figures just to keep in the box. Packaged figures look cool displayed too, I really don't have a problem with either way. Also think about it this way if you get in a tight jam on money you can always sell them to get you by, in the most extreme cases. When selling figures it is always better to have them in the box.

lol you make i sound as if MLs shatter when they fall off a shelf, ive dropped lost of myne many times, there more durable than you think

I agree with a lot of the people here.

Leave them MOC, and buy loose ones off ebay if you really want them loose.

My ML collection was all opened, and now that I have a new, and bigger, toy room, I have one wall to display carded ML's on. It's been a lot more expensive going back now, and buying the figures I want MOC for my wall display, than it would've been to keep the ones I bought at retail MOC, and then went back and bought loose figures for my loose display. ;)

Definetly open them babies up. I personaly cant have a figure without opening it unless i already have one to keep in the box. Like someone said before ther 3d there meant to be opened and displayed. Expecially the legends series the accessories, articulation,and everything with these figures are meant to be displayed. So if your anything like me your prolly not gonna sell your figures anytime soon so unless you got a backup display them bad boys. But you could be different i just know ill prollly never get rid of the most of mine although i still have an unopened war machine just incase it goes up sometime soon plus im running out of room to display them.

Actually, I'd rather buy a collection of loose MLs that have been simply displayed. A serious collector won't tolerate opening one only to find it broken, parts that are backward or wrong, or sloppy paint. If I purchase a large collection of figures MOC, yea, they might be MOC, but some could have really loose joints or those pesty tiny pin joints in ankles, elbows, and writs that don't seem to go all the way through and drive me up the wall! I'd open them. It's fun possing them.

i would say open them, you paid money for them to sit in the package? i mean yeah they look nice but they are so much better once you have them out of hte package and posed together. That and having them in the package just takes up more space than having them opened. Downfall to having them opened is some may be broke in package or break once out of package, dust all over them... but those are minor things imo... id say open them and enjoy that new fresh plasticy smell!

i would say open them, you paid money for them to sit in the package? i mean yeah they look nice but they are so much better once you have them out of hte package and posed together. That and having them in the package just takes up more space than having them opened. Downfall to having them opened is some may be broke in package or break once out of package, dust all over them... but those are minor things imo... id say open them and enjoy that new fresh plasticy smell!

i say open them... you're missing out on all the fun... broken/damage figs apply only to the minority of the figs... open them and enjoy your figs!

open them if ya like. but, have you ever opened up a figure cause you waited so long, then finally came to your senses to rip it open and then when you have it in your hands, you say to yourself "thats it?!?!?, damn i wish i just left it in".

Well, I'm an opener (except for the random eclectic mix of characters I keep MOC, which are usually variants or running changes.) I also realize that is a personal choice and every person is different. Would you rather open and display them in dynamic poses and scenes or neatly hang them on the packaging on the shelves and walls?

Some of the more rare ones I would say just leave them packaged since they haven't been opened yet, but that is just me personally. MOC do tend to sell for a higher premium if you ever want to slim down your collection one day.

Here is a question back at you. How long have you been collecting? Are some of these figures still MOC ones that you bought on the shelf 1-6 years ago? If you bought many of these at retail originally and have yet to open them then it would seem this was never a pressing issue. Why now?