Toys'R' US Senior Ranking sets Found Today!!!

Romadon

Hey gang,

A buddy of mine found the cobra officer senior ranking set over the weekend.

I didn't believe it until I went over to his house and saw it for myself.

He found it at the TRU in Burbank, IL southside area of Chicago.

anyway I went this morning to TRU on North Ave

and found all three sets.

I'll try to post pics later when i have more time and my 2 yr old son is not all over the

place.

Good Luck Hunting

MOD EDIT: We have photo uploading available here just look down below while posting, you'll see the green "UPLOAD" button, or you can use a photo hosting site like photobucket.com

Just called the two TRU's closest to me... They don't have them.. but i was surprised how helpful and knowledgable the people who helped me on the phone were. I normally don't call ahead because I used to always get dumba$$es that would answer... but I was pleasently surprised this time around.

BTW... any one know the UPC code (or what ever i would need) so they can check the system for me?

Just called the two TRU's closest to me... They don't have them.. but i was surprised how helpful and knowledgable the people who helped me on the phone were. I normally don't call ahead because I used to always get dumba$$es that would answer... but I was pleasently surprised this time around.

BTW... any one know the UPC code (or what ever i would need) so they can check the system for me?

here are the codes on the recipt I have

they rang up at 13.99, my friend said his cost 14.99, strange but i'll take the $1 off anytime.

The TRU I found them at was Melrose Park IL. 60160 (708) 343-9000 for those of you who live in the area.

Thanks man!

No problem bro, you guys have provided me with good info in the past, just glad to be able to return the favor for someone else.

You wouldn't by chance happen to know which one of those is Hawk, Grunt, and Duke... as that's the only one I have any interest in.

Thanks man!

No problem bro, you guys have provided me with good info in the past, just glad to be able to return the favor for someone else.

You wouldn't by chance happen to know which one of those is Hawk, Grunt, and Duke... as that's the only one I have any interest in.

this is the best shot I could provide with this crapy digital camera I have, hope it helps.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/...43&cat=1615

Called around to 5 different TRU's in my area... Of the ones that were able to comprehend the number i provided to them (the one from Romadon's receipt from above), one said they were sold out and 2 said they were not in stock yet. The other two store's had no idea what that number was but I described the set and they checked the aslie... nothing. So looks like they are not out this way yet (Atlanta)

I will definetly be picking up the night watch, but these, I'm sorry to say I'll pass on. If I find a Crimson set on clearance down the road, I'll pick it up, but I'm not paying full for these. Why couldn't they make something more unique with them? I don't like that we have to get a repainted SE or CC in the packs. I like the characters, but to me they are getting like the cheap prizes found in cereal boxes. I am not really liking how grunt turned out either. If he was better and on card I might have got a couple but I'm not paying $15 for a new figure and 2 figures I already have. (besides this line in general is making me broke as it is lol). ^_^

D*** Toysrus.com! I pre-ordered all 3 online when they were posted on the site (this was @ 2 months ago) and the CANCELLED my order today!

I hate them. They suck so bad.

1 GI Joe Senior Ranking Officers

Size: One Size

Color: One Color

Ref.#: S4255758

Item # 2945313 $14.99 Standard Ground Cancelled

3 GI Joe Senior Ranking Cobra Infantry Command

Size: One Size

Color: One Color

Ref.#: S4255759

Item # 2945314 $44.97 Standard Ground Cancelled

Here is the added idiocy in all of this. I just went to Toyrus.com and both of my cancelled sets are INSTOCK and available (for $1 less as well). So I ordered both, again. Hopefully they won't get cancelled this time. On top of all that TRU didn't cancel my Crimson Guard set (yet) from my pre-order 2 months back.

I just don't get them at all.

Here is the added idiocy in all of this. I just went to Toyrus.com and both of my cancelled sets are INSTOCK and available (for $1 less as well). So I ordered both, again. Hopefully they won't get cancelled this time. On top of all that TRU didn't cancel my Crimson Guard set (yet) from my pre-order 2 months back.

DAMMIT IF THEY DIDN'T JUST CANCEL MY ORDER AGAIN!

WTF? TRU BLOWS!

WTF? TRU BLOWS!

That is odd cause every time i've checked the site including this morning it's said those items currently aren't available online.

WTF? TRU BLOWS!

That is odd cause every time i've checked the site including this morning it's said those items currently aren't available online.

Yeah, they were available yesterday online (except for the Crimson Guard set) so after my pre-order got cancelled I checked the website and there they were for $13.99. So I simply re-ordered. I got my confirmation, an update that said they were located instock and then this AM, BAM! Cancelled again :(

I just don't get them. They have an inventory tracking system. How hard is it to only sell what you have in stock? I almost understand better that my pre-order was cancelled but then immediately they were "instock" again. Makes no sense to me at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got 'Em! Had all three sets (x2) at the Kennesaw TRU. Only picked up the Hawk/Grunt/Duke pack. Glad to have another of the original 13.

I will definetly be picking up the night watch, but these, I'm sorry to say I'll pass on. If I find a Crimson set on clearance down the road, I'll pick it up, but I'm not paying full for these. Why couldn't they make something more unique with them? I don't like that we have to get a repainted SE or CC in the packs. I like the characters, but to me they are getting like the cheap prizes found in cereal boxes. I am not really liking how grunt turned out either. If he was better and on card I might have got a couple but I'm not paying $15 for a new figure and 2 figures I already have. (besides this line in general is making me broke as it is lol). ^_^

Wait....The sets are $15 a peice?

The problem with the Joe pack is how bland the figures are. I first put my finger on it with that Duke/Red Star comic pack. The Duke in that pack is SO bland and generic that it could be ANYONE, really. Same is said for Hawk (which is why he's a peg warmer around here) and Grunt in this 3 pack.

Yeah, its true they all shared a mold, but not the ENTIRE mold, for one thing. Those guys just need some, I dunno, highlights or flare to make them more "individual".

As for the Crimon set, its a bummer since the "leader" is just a regular guy with, what a bronze/gold mask? Big whoop. The least they coulda done was paint him in the Crimson Guard Commander colors (maybe not so BRIGHT, but still). I think they kinda tried.

cguardcommander.jpgTRU-Rank_Crimson4__scaled_6002.jpg