Marvel Legends Cancelled?

mckul33

Why would they ship Nova and not ship Black Bolt?? That makes no sense at all, which is why I have a hard time believing that piece of information. They would never ship partial waves of ML figures, especially because of the BAF pieces.

I am also worried about the fate of this line, and I hope Hasbro gives us some information very soon.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would they ship Nova and not ship Black Bolt?? That makes no sense at all, which is why I have a hard time believing that piece of information. They would never ship partial waves of ML figures, especially because of the BAF pieces.

I am also worried about the fate of this line, and I hope Hasbro gives us some information very soon.

Correction.... they have shipped partial parts of waves..... the Blue Ultimate Wolverine , the Hydra Cases , and the Blob Series Variants.

Correction.... they have shipped partial parts of waves..... the Blue Ultimate Wolverine , the Hydra Cases , and the Blob Series Variants.

Ummm...not for a wave that hasn't even been released yet. They didn't go ahead and delay HML2 but release the Exclusive Wolvie and the variants....same goes for the Hydra cases. Your logic does not apply to this situation. Black Bolt is not an exclusive nor is he a refresh.

It wouldn't make sense for them to release Nova but exclude Black Bolt.

Ummm...not for a wave that hasn't even been released yet. They didn't go ahead and delay HML2 but release the Exclusive Wolvie and the variants....same goes for the Hydra cases. Your logic does not apply to this situation. Black Bolt is not an exclusive nor is he a refresh.

It wouldn't make sense for them to release Nova but exclude Black Bolt.

You didn't say "waves that haven't even been released yet." on your first post above.

I will also have to file this rumor under "hope it isn't true, but I won't worry about it until I hear from an official source". I've done business with ToyGlobe before (just once) and was so thoroughly unimpressed, that I wouldn't take their word alone for anything.

This is just my thoughts on it but I could see this happening. I mean how well did ML sell last year as compared to everything else Marvel related that Hsbro makes? Seems like Waves one and two sat around for quite a bit and Hasbro actually pulled wave one off the shelves to make room for wave two. To me the individual toylines (Spiderman and FF) sold better than the ML line did. Sure the FF and Spidey ML waves marked at clearence, but they showwe up right before christmas and just about everything is marked to clearence right after the holidays. So I could see them going to specific character themed waves (Spidey, Hulk, IM, X-men). As for the exclusives, they have nothing to do with anything. So just because we're getting ML like exclusives at the cons this year doesn't mean that we'll continue to get ML in stores.

As for the exclusives, they have nothing to do with anything. So just because we're getting ML like exclusives at the cons this year doesn't mean that we'll continue to get ML in stores.

Exactly. I think the same thing applies to themed waves ie: FFML, Hulk ML. Even though those lines fall under the "Marvel Legends" bracket, they still aren't the core "Marvel Legends" line. So, even though we are getting Hulk Legends later this year, that still means jack all cause they could still cancel the standard ML series, in which case we get no HML4 or 5. Or any after that, for that matter.

This is just my thoughts on it but I could see this happening. I mean how well did ML sell last year as compared to everything else Marvel related that Hsbro makes? Seems like Waves one and two sat around for quite a bit and Hasbro actually pulled wave one off the shelves to make room for wave two. To me the individual toylines (Spiderman and FF) sold better than the ML line did. Sure the FF and Spidey ML waves marked at clearence, but they showwe up right before christmas and just about everything is marked to clearence right after the holidays. So I could see them going to specific character themed waves (Spidey, Hulk, IM, X-men). As for the exclusives, they have nothing to do with anything. So just because we're getting ML like exclusives at the cons this year doesn't mean that we'll continue to get ML in stores.

That is a valid point, for all the complaining about the Spider-Man 3 movie line, if you REALLY watched it, stores sold a LOT of it. I know at my store, we had an entire aisle's riser filled with SM3 toys, but I'll be dipped if we didn't managed to move it all plus most of the aisle at Christmas. As did the Fantastic Four and a good portion of Ghost Rider toys.

We still have ML series 1 figures at my store.

What I think may be happening is that Hasbro MIGHT "cancel" the current Legends assortment and revamp it, much as Mattel did with its DC Superhero line a few years back and just this past year or what Hasbro does with about all of its action figure lines every 18 months or so. But with new packaging and the old stock cleared (and maybe some reworkings on some figures), maybe Hasbro will see stronger sales.

i dont think hasbro would cancel the line.

short and simple. i like it.

you know this reminds me of last year when we were waiting for hml3 last year. again we all thought it was cancel and what happened it showed up and we were happy. i'm starting to think collector are like druggies. they need a fix alot. lol :P

I thought it was apparent that we were addicts.. now who is holdin?

I will also have to file this rumor under "hope it isn't true, but I won't worry about it until I hear from an official source". I've done business with ToyGlobe before (just once) and was so thoroughly unimpressed, that I wouldn't take their word alone for anything.

Yeah, I went on Toyglobe a few months back and they had that Marvel Heroes line still up for preorder, even though it was confirmed that it was cancelled months before. You can't trust a site like Toyglobe for information, as far as Black Bolt being in the same wave as King Hulk that would make sense because isn't that one of the people he fights in WWH? Maybe the Hulk wave will be a WWH wave. Maybe Hasbro is re-thinking wave four and the rest of the year's waves to avoid the masses of complaints that they recieved from last year. People complained about some of Hasbro's figures being too rushed, maybe they are actually putting in time to give a good well articulated, well painted product. With Jesse Falcon on board maybe now they are working to show us good product. I bet anyone by Comicon we will have some suprises in the ML or Marvel Toy world, but I think they will be good and not a complete cancellation of the line. Once again this topic started because of information from Toyglobe, who had the Marvel Heroes line up for preorder 3 months after it was cancelled. Here's and old saying, "Rumors and lies circle around the world, before truth can even get it's pants on". We can't worry over specualtion, only facts. #US1#

Yeah, I went on Toyglobe a few months back and they had that Marvel Heroes line still up for preorder, even though it was confirmed that it was cancelled months before. You can't trust a site like Toyglobe for information, as far as Black Bolt being in the same wave as King Hulk that would make sense because isn't that one of the people he fights in WWH? Maybe the Hulk wave will be a WWH wave. Maybe Hasbro is re-thinking wave four and the rest of the year's waves to avoid the masses of complaints that they recieved from last year. People complained about some of Hasbro's figures being too rushed, maybe they are actually putting in time to give a good well articulated, well painted product. With Jesse Falcon on board maybe now they are working to show us good product. I bet anyone by Comicon we will have some suprises in the ML or Marvel Toy world, but I think they will be good and not a complete cancellation of the line. Once again this topic started because of information from Toyglobe, who had the Marvel Heroes line up for preorder 3 months after it was cancelled. Here's and old saying, "Rumors and lies circle around the world, before truth can even get it's pants on". We can't worry over specualtion, only facts. #US1#

you know that comment about them putting time into these product is true. think bout it they could have shown us the first hulk wave last year. it would have been rushed and we would all be complaining still. but when they put the time and effort into it they made a decent if not great job at it.

if you remember last year most of the products were rushed out. wave 1 and 2 comes straight to mind and they held back wave 3 and it really improved. i say give them time and support (yeah like that going to happen from this sight) and they might surprise you.

Now hurry up and bring out something to feed our addictions.

Okay if no one else has noticed, ToyGlobe still had AXM Beast in their ML4 wave listing. Hasbro last year confirmed Beast was being pulled from the lot for basically sucking, the BAF was being reapportioned, and a Hydra goon army builder was going to pack out the wave. So yes, the ML wave 4 they had listed was indeed cancelled by the manufacturer. And aside from ToyGlobe, to my knowledge no one but Spiral has ever been confirmed for wave 5. Sound more like @$$ coverage than cancellation.

And what's tomorrow's date again?

On the other hand, Hasbro does have a well earned reputation of not trusting a purely comics based figure lines to do well. (See years of DC mismanagment) Would it shock me given the increasing price of oil, which governs everything from shipping to production costs, if they did scrap ML for just movie lines? Or even a smaller scale Marvel line? Nope.

Okay if no one else has noticed, ToyGlobe still had AXM Beast in their ML4 wave listing. Hasbro last year confirmed Beast was being pulled from the lot for basically sucking, the BAF was being reapportioned, and a Hydra goon army builder was going to pack out the wave. So yes, the ML wave 4 they had listed was indeed cancelled by the manufacturer. And aside from ToyGlobe, to my knowledge no one but Spiral has ever been confirmed for wave 5. Sound more like @$$ coverage than cancellation.

On the other hand, Hasbro does have a well earned reputation of not trusting a purely comics based figure lines to do well. (See years of DC mismanagment) Would it shock me given the increasing price of oil, which governs everything from shipping to production costs, if they did scrap ML for just movie lines? Or even a smaller scale Marvel line? Nope.

okay where the hell have you been? we were told that beast is still in the line. it probally the main reason that it been held back.

dont believe what toyglobe says. toyblobe are idiots working there. i ordered one time there and believe me it was the last time. back then i ordered the f4 classic wave with kang, dragon man, invisible woman and mr.fantastic, torche and thing and i ordered hydroman and hobgoblin. guess what? thesite said that i will have the painted version of sue but i got the clear one. kang and hydroman where not in the package and hobgoblin was broken in the blister. when i complained to them, i never got an answer. cowards and idiots they are. so dont believe them. send them to @firedevil@

Okay if no one else has noticed, ToyGlobe still had AXM Beast in their ML4 wave listing. Hasbro last year confirmed Beast was being pulled from the lot for basically sucking, the BAF was being reapportioned, and a Hydra goon army builder was going to pack out the wave. So yes, the ML wave 4 they had listed was indeed cancelled by the manufacturer. And aside from ToyGlobe, to my knowledge no one but Spiral has ever been confirmed for wave 5. Sound more like @$ coverage than cancellation.

okay where the hell have you been? we were told that beast is still in the line. it probally the main reason that it been held back.

thats what i think too. why should they release a baf wave and there is one missing? that would be stupid.

Personally, my issue isn't that HML4 hasn't been released, it's that Hasbro hasn't mentioned what is going on with the delay and just leaves everyone to speculate, causing crap like line cancellation rumors to happen. I don't care if HML4 doesn't come out for another month or however long...just so long as the line doesn't get cancelled.

All worries could be laid to rest if they would just tell us what the deal is.

is spiral actually coming out this year, what is the next official wave apart from the hulk wave is theri another???

will we see box sets again??

it says on that toyglobe website to order and they will take the money when they ship in other words they dont know if they are canceled or not.

The more that I think about it, the question I keep asking myself is "Why is this news?"

"Marvel Legends" died in December, 2006.

The junk that came afterwards has been nothing but a pale imitation.

#US1#

Ha. Tear. too true

lol, awwww, i have to admit i miss seeing them on english shelfs.

Hasbro just switched the movie lines to 6 inch scale to make them compatible with ML. They know their collector base will buy 6 inch figures. They delay ML figures to not compete with the movie figures.

Don't Panic.