Marvel Legends Cancelled?

mckul33

A few people have mentioned the possibility that Hasbro has delayed wave four in order to improve it now that Jesse Falcon and crew are on board. If that is true, big if of course, then we could be seeing a marked improvement over previous offerings, i.e. better articulation and paint washes or whatever.

If that is the case who will we all have to thank for the restoration of Marvel Legends to its prior glory? Who do we thank for making this dream a reality?

Everyone who complained non-stop, jamming up the message boards with their constant griping about Hasbro's handling of the line.

Oh bitter irony....

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@loll@ This thread is hilarious!

I wonder when someone will come out and screamAPRIL FOOLS!

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Yea, but it's not April yet, is it? Not to mention if this is a joke, it would be pretty stupid of a company that makes its money selling toys to anounce that two whole waves of toys have been cancelled just for an April Fool's giggle. The calculated risk of lost money to laughter wouldn't work out in their favor. It would be nice if Hasbro would just give us a soundbyte on new waves, but until then, let's assume that they're working with Falcon to tweak the line. Everybody take a deep breath and remember the words of that most wholly remarkable book; Don't Panic.

A few people have mentioned the possibility that Hasbro has delayed wave four in order to improve it now that Jesse Falcon and crew are on board. If that is true, big if of course, then we could be seeing a marked improvement over previous offerings, i.e. better articulation and paint washes or whatever.

If that is the case who will we all have to thank for the restoration of Marvel Legends to its prior glory? Who do we thank for making this dream a reality?

Everyone who complained non-stop, jamming up the message boards with their constant griping about Hasbro's handling of the line.

Oh bitter irony....

Touche.

My money is on the re-branding -if you will- of the Marvel Heroes toy lines. Likely the reason we haven't heard much of anything about ML is because Hasbro is holding-out for NYCC. We have yet to see their take on 4" Marvel figures. We know they've got 6" 2-packs planned, as well as the Foom series of Hulk figures. I expect Hasbro to make 4" Marvel figs their bread n butter (see Star Wars/GI Joe/Indy/Hulk Movie lines), while throwing the 6" fans a bone with the Legends 2-packs. I thought it was confirmed that Icons would be giving way to the Unleashed! figures...

I think it would be lovely to have a Jesse Falcon-fixed Nemesis wave. I was vomiting in my mouth a little about the horrid articulation for Beast and Tigra - two of Marvel's most nimble.

Speaking of Jesse Falcon, did anyone else notice the similarity between the perforated bubble on the IM movie figs and the perfs on the LCBH figures' packaging?

Check out this link from Cooltoyreview.com: http://cooltoyreview.com/story/front/The_4...ures_113588.asp

It could be an april fool's joke, but hopefully not, as there are some "not bad" selections in there.

check the thread ML wave 3.5. you know they way they make this sound it might be a good side line. but of course it's there april fool joke they do it every year and some poor sucker fall for it.

I doubt this is a joke.

Corporations don't usually provide negative news to their customers unless and until they absolutely have to, reason being that it can have an adverse financial impact.

This type of news could, conceivably, affect Hasbro's customer base.

Therefore, I doubt that if it does come from Hasbro, it's a joke.

However, that doesn't mean it's not a joke. It all depends on the source.

#US1#

I doubt this is a joke.

Corporations don't usually provide negative news to their customers unless and until they absolutely have to, reason being that it can have an adverse financial impact.

This type of news could, conceivably, affect Hasbro's customer base.

Therefore, I doubt that if it does come from Hasbro, it's a joke.

However, that doesn't mean it's not a joke. It all depends on the source.

#US1#

It's assuredly a joke. Santa Claws Wolverine? Beak? Another Banshee, known as one of the greatest ML pegwarmers ever? Did you even see the desription for Beak? It's supposedly based on Xorn, but everything's a new sculpt except for the upper arms, upper legs and lower torso. There's a few normal-sounding figures thrown in there (Aurora, Professor X and Lockjaw come to mind), but I have no doubt it's a joke.

Hasbro just switched the movie lines to 6 inch scale to make them compatible with ML. They know their collector base will buy 6 inch figures. They delay ML figures to not compete with the movie figures.

Don't Panic.

That really makes sense, because we look at the Spider-man 3 movie figures last year stayed on shelves, well they are still on shelves. Delaying the Marvel Legends wave to give the Iron Man toys time to sell is a good idea. Because after awhile I'm not going to want to see Iron Man movie figures around. By awhile I mean, May of 2009, I want to see new product on the shelves by then. Hopefully holding out on the Marvel Legends line these toys can sell and make room for new stuff.

Well I went ahead and email Hasbro to check to see whats goin on with the waves to come. Still waitin on a reply. But was doin sum searching through sum online stores and came across this: http://www.amazingtoyz.com/marvlegendsHAS4.html. I dont know if itz been mentioned that there was a line up change but thats the first ive heard of it. Anyhow, ill let yall know what i find out from hasbro.

ok since JayC (ill withhold my comments since i dont want to get in trouble) shut my separate thread down (i though it was more convenient and would be easier to reach) ill continue posting here but why is it so hard to believe that hasbro would release crap like this(supposed series 6 Lockjaw BAF), their HASBRO of course, if this info would have been released on a day like tomorrow people would be eating this crap up.

^^ sorry about the overreaction i just really want a lockjaw fig.

why is it so hard to believe that hasbro would release crap like this(supposed series 6 Lockjaw BAF), their HASBRO of course, if this info would have been released on a day like tomorrow people would be eating this crap up.

Well, see, that's the difference. It's easy to believe that Hasbro would only release crap when you believe that's what you've been getting all along. I (and I would imagine most people who are actually willing to admit that they like some of Hasbro's offerings) look at that, see that it's obviously crap, and know that it's fake.

The seeming irony here is that it's mostly the nay-sayers who would believe this list, but they're too jaded to care, so it fails almost completely.

Oh, and to touch on your last comment in the closed thread: Last I heard, the lineup for series 5 (save Spiral) was not confirmed by Hasbro.

Oh bitter irony....

No... the bitter irony will be that there will be no convenient party to blame for the next figure that sucks.

Quite frankly, I don't care much who is responsible for the figures. My hope for Jesse and his crew to come back is based solely on wanting to see the haters forced to get a new hobby. At this point, nearly anything is preferable to watching half the board stick their fingers in their ears and yell "I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA HASBRO SUCKS LA LA LA EVERYTHING THEY MAKE IS GARBAGE LA LA LA LA THEY KILLED THE LINE LA LA LA LA TOY BIZ WAS PERFECT EVEN THOUGH THEY WEREN'T LA LA LA..."

l "I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA HASBRO SUCKS LA LA LA EVERYTHING THEY MAKE IS GARBAGE LA LA LA LA THEY KILLED THE LINE LA LA LA LA TOY BIZ WAS PERFECT EVEN THOUGH THEY WEREN'T LA LA LA..."

lol i agree

oh and the only reason i thought series 5 was confirmed cause i remember hasbro wanting to release a "back in black" spiderman, so i though that would be awesome,i just hope they dont screw it up royally (one can only hope so much though)

oh and the only reason i thought series 5 was confirmed cause i remember hasbro wanting to release a "back in black" spiderman, so i though that would be awesome,i just hope they dont screw it up royally (one can only hope so much though)

Well, I'll again say that I could be wrong. I've never seen anyone with info that reliably came from Hasbro, but I'll be the first to admit I don't know everything (give it time...). ToyGlobe and possibly a few others did have a list, but I'm not very quick to trust unconfirmed wave lists from online stores. I remember a set list for one wave (13, I think) that floated around for nearly a year because one website picked up someone's wishlist.

Well, I'll again say that I could be wrong. I've never seen anyone with info that reliably came from Hasbro, but I'll be the first to admit I don't know everything (give it time...). ToyGlobe and possibly a few others did have a list, but I'm not very quick to trust unconfirmed wave lists from online stores. I remember a set list for one wave (13, I think) that floated around for nearly a year because one website picked up someone's wishlist.

Amen. I won't believe the list till I have seen pictures. too many changes can happen. Especially since we don't know when or if we will be getting a series 4 to begin with. I for one would be happy with a BAF Lockjaw somewhere down the line. I am just hoping for the first ever legends figure with 1 point of articulation...

you know the more i think bout it, i think that this would make a nice filler wave. something like right after wave four they realise this as wave 4.5, or a side line, to fill the gap between that and wave 5. am i the only one who thinks this?