Marvel Legends Cancelled?

mckul33

AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! weres my pill, weres my medication, is this true, i this just the nemesis wave canceled, or is all marvel legends cancelled????

i hope not but then again what has happened previoustly with hasbro i dont know why i am suprised, i hope they bring out this wave i was looking forward to the punisher, but then again i was a bit annoyed that they removed silver samurai and storm from this wave.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody just breath a second I looked at Big Bad Toy Store and they still have them up for preorder. Heres the URL

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail Hasbro has shown us some of the stuff we are going to see this year, I wouldn't worry about it being cancelled. I said this before don't bet on new Marvel Legends until May or June then Wave five in July or August. Let us not jump to conclusions and be patient if Marvel Legends was canceled we would hear word from JayC who gives us most of our info on Marvelous News.

Everybody just breath a second I looked at Big Bad Toy Store and they still have them up for preorder. Heres the URL

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail Hasbro has shown us some of the stuff we are going to see this year, I wouldn't worry about it being cancelled. I said this before don't bet on new Marvel Legends until May or June then Wave five in July or August. Let us not jump to conclusions and be patient if Marvel Legends was canceled we would hear word from JayC who gives us most of our info on Marvelous News.

ionne, i dont think they will cancel the line, because they took over the marvel license and have been raking in some nice dough, but then again they are disappointed with many of their lines, plus if they cancel legends they wouldnt have anything to bring money in from marvel besides the movie figures(2 movie lines a year!?!), but on the bright side Toybiz could try to regain the legends license, then they could continue where they left off.

its a dicey situation and we'll probably hear something by the end of the week.

plus if they cancel legends they wouldnt have anything to bring money in from marvel besides the movie figures(2 movie lines a year!?!),

Uh.....man, this is short-sighted.

Hasbro doesn't have just the license for Marvel Legends, they have the license for the whole gamut of toys based on Marvel Characters.

That means board games, Mr. Potato head, Marvel Transformers, plush toys, and all manner of action figures and such. They could cancel ML outright and not miss a beat in their revenue streams with this license.

ionne, i dont think they will cancel the line, because they took over the marvel license and have been raking in some nice dough, but then again they are disappointed with many of their lines, plus if they cancel legends they wouldnt have anything to bring money in from marvel besides the movie figures(2 movie lines a year!?!), but on the bright side Toybiz could try to regain the legends license, then they could continue where they left off.

its a dicey situation and we'll probably hear something by the end of the week.

Toybiz is now Marvel toys, I doubt they're getting the license back from Hasbro. Too much stuff planned for this year, like the Hulk Movie toys, the Transformers crossover toys. I highly doubt Marvel Legends is canceled. It's just ONE site so far, everyone needs to calm their nerves.

If all the energy in the knee-jerk reactions in this thread could be harnessed, it'd supply this planet's power needs for the next decade.

I know, that this is just reactionary, but to see canceled kinda puts the fear of god in you. One thing to talk about it in relation to the fact we haven't gotten new figs since novemeber, but if your think about it Series 3 is just becoming available regularly in some of my local stores. Also, why cancel ML, if you made a point of showcasing the 2packs. We need some solid evidence. Personally, if Toyglobe pulled the figures, cause they continued to get preorders, with no real firm release date, the ethical thing would be to stop. Also, look at Kazar and Shana 3pack exclusive. It is a focus on the legends scale and scope for the con exclusives. But my one fear is this. We've all seen how the Spiderman, FF, and Ghost rider figures just sat on the shelves... Does Hasbro still feel that Marvel is a cost effective endevor... worse case scenario, Hasbro Quits, and Marvel does the RIGHT thing to their loyal fans and starts the line up elsewhere.

As I said Earlier , most likely they're not canceled, the store most likly just put that up cause they don't know when they will get them, or their particular order got canceled.........Hasbro Wouldn't throw away a line like this.

LOL.. you know in a way though it would be hilarious if it was true , especially to all you guys who keep saying that Hasbro sucks.... and because you all kept saying that , they decided to do away with the entire toyline .....LOL see what you get for complaining LOL

I think whats happening is a possible 're-invisioning' of the line with jesse falcon coming back on board to help hasbro. I think that is one reason why we havent seen any new news or release of wave 4 yet or ANY news on whats in wave 5. Every time toybiz showed new waves they always showed at least 2 waves ahead consistently. And the fact that where did the icons go? Im just speculating what may be happening. I just think they are going to put marvel legends on hiatus while the ironman and hulk movie lines are out and try to retool and rework the marvel legends line during that time.

I think whats happening is a possible 're-invisioning' of the line with jesse falcon coming back on board to help hasbro. I think that is one reason why we havent seen any new news or release of wave 4 yet or ANY news on whats in wave 5. Every time toybiz showed new waves they always showed at least 2 waves ahead consistently. And the fact that where did the icons go? Im just speculating what may be happening. I just think they are going to put marvel legends on hiatus while the ironman and hulk movie lines are out and try to retool and rework the marvel legends line during that time.

Hey I am all for a retool of the series now that Jesse is on board, I just want to be able to get Nova Blackbolt and Tigra.

um does any body but me notice that they have wave 5 up even though we were never told what the final line up was going to be? except Spiral.

i have to agree with other and say that i never believe this sight. it usually wrong and goes but romour more then anything.

um does any body but me notice that they have wave 5 up even though we were never told what the final line up was going to be? except Spiral.

i have to agree with other and say that i never believe this sight. it usually wrong and goes but romour more then anything.

I think we are supposed to have Silver savage, Black suit Spider-man, Adam Warlock, US Agent, Spiral, and the final one escapes me.

is the hydra figure getting re-released until beast is ready, will he have a piece of the nemesis figure????

why dont they release the silver samurai or the stom and release beast when he is ready??? that would have made more sense

i kinda mentioned this before in a thread and no one believed me, everyone bit my head off about it and got sore, its good to have potentially semi-proof though.

heres the thread:Is Hasbro Screwing us?

good look out though mckul33

No one believes you now. By your own admission, this isn't proof.

Does it cast a little doubt? Well, yeah. But that doesn't actually mean anything one way or another. As I said before, there is a ton of ML/6-inch product that we have no word on, such as the 2-packs, Hulk figures, and Ka-Zar/Shanna... and why, exactly, would Hasbro release promo pics of that set a mere week before they canceled the line? If it is canceled, it is not spur-of-the-moment; if it was in that much doubt, they wouldn't have bothered. Then we come to the fact that ToyGlobe has also canceled the never-confirmed lineup of series 5... I don't see how that could have meant anything to begin with, let alone mean anything after it's gone.

As several have said, there are several good reasons why this could have happened. Among them are ToyGlobe just not liking the delay/having misinformation, changes to the line now that Marvel Toys is on board with Hasbro, etc. I seem to remember someone saying that ordering new waves is an issue for some stores/collectors because Hasbro doesn't give the lines their own order numbers, just a bulk 'Marvel Legends'. I don't know about the accuracy of that statement, but it occurs that if it's true and Hasbro simply changed the numbers to alleviate that, it could result in this 'canceled' situation.

I've already stated that I'm a bit concerned... but there's nothing solid here.

I think we are supposed to have Silver savage, Black suit Spider-man, Adam Warlock, US Agent, Spiral, and the final one escapes me.

the final one was Union Jack. from the list of sku's that popped up online a while back.

has anybody thought of calling toy-globe and asking them why they have it canceled or would that be too easy. unless everyone likes to worry.

Does anyone remember when ML series 13 came out?

They were the first to post the changes

At first it was the henchmen wave, and then it was changed to onslaught. They reported it first.

I wouldnt be surprised that Hasbro decides to can the line and screw over fans. Its their bottom line

that they care about. In the future Ill be sure NOT to buy HASBRO products.

On a completely different topic. I loved this story as a kid and the Disney movie made me laugh out loud.

chicken_little.jpg

Nope not related to this thread whatsoever... just say'n that's all.

BTW in the book the chicken turned out to be wrong and everybody got worked up (well ok and killed by a fox ) over nothing.

No comparison to what's going on here by any means of course. Just food for thought.

RED ALERT! PUSH THE PANIC BUTTON!!

//:: Preparing to enter panic mode...

//:: Entering Panic mode...

//:: Panic mode engaged!

BLLAAAAAWHAHAHWHAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneone

It may be just a bit too soon to panic. But then again, that's what I wrote the first time someone posted a thread called "Toybiz losing Marvel license?".

Ah well, if it is happening, it was a good run. I have enough fodder stored up to keep cranking out customs for 10 years.

But I'm 96% percent certain that this is a false alarm.

If you were correct, that would just be wonderful. If they can show us a prototype Hydra with double elbows, and then give us a retail product with S6 elbows, then maybe they can do that in reverse for the Bradstreet Punisher.

Here's the conversation that I would like to see:

Jesse: We can't release this Punisher with this !@$# articulation!

Hasbro: A sigma 6 elbow is just as good as a double hinge...

Jesse: DIIIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!! <enters berserk rage, kills several Hasbro execs>

Hasbro: Let's do it his way... we don't like him when he's angry...

Somehow, I don't think it will happen just like that. But it would be nice.

Retooling, likely; canceled, no. Considering all that Hasbro has been showing for it's upcoming releases in the series, I really don't believe they're gonna cancel this cash-cow of their's.

If they put the line on hiatus for a bit to retool it, then more power to them. Personally, I would rather wait a few months more for the next wave and have good sculpts than have it sooner and suffer another Banshee or Classic Cap.