Marvel Legends Cancelled?

mckul33

New to the board, so don't know if this is under discussion, but went over to Toyglobe.com and HB Marvel Legends 4 said cancelled by maufactuer, as did HBML5, and the last 2 ML Icons lines. Anyone know anything about this?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true, I only have 1 thing to say: Leave it to Hasbro to run something totally awesome into the ground.

Hmm.

I wonder if it's actually canceled or if ToyGlobe just got tired of waiting and didn't want to take more pre-orders without a release date or something. Is it just those waves, or are the Hulk and 2-pack figures canceled as well?

I'm sure there will be dozens of phone calls and emails to Hasbro CS in the next week or so, which hopefully will get some statement. At the moment, I'm honestly not sure what to think here. I've tried to give Hasbro the benefit of the doubt, and have practically championed 'wait and see' versus 'impatient and complain'... and I frankly still cannot think of any good reason why they would cancel ML/6-inch figures. In fact, there's a part of me that's going "You guys have Jesse Falcon now- please tell me that you only canceled it so that he can help you get things on track".

*fingers crossed*

Honestly I think they are just reworking a few things as far as like order/item numbers and such. I Work at walmart and scan the Legends and SHS everyday. When I scanned em today (last time was Fri and it was fine) It said they were deleted, which means we're not carrying them anymore. but more times than not, they usually still come in just under a re-worked item number/order number, its just that thats the end of ordering off that number.

I hope cause SHS says the same thing and the new ones coming are exciting!

I think a little piece of my soul died... I am so hoping it is just a matter of the delay in release causing toyglobe to show it as canceled. please.... I mean, really, what the #$## would be the point of Toyfair and the 2 packs if you are just gonna say #$## it, we aint doing it anymore. If this is true, Marvel needs to either start doing their own toys again or find another distributor/manufacturer for the license. I have been silent as for the most I have been happy with the selection of figures Hasbro has given us, but if true, I feel a picket is needed... or at the very least a hit squad on those two guys from the podcast as a show of public outrage.. I am going to start looking for other toy shops to see if we have a similar issue

Quick, someone, say it! Say it! OMG, DETH oF TeH LInE!!!1111won

Preface: I've enjoyed ML, stopped collecting them shortly before TB's license was up, have liked some of the Hasbro sculpts I've seen, but I just don't have the room for 6" figures.

Now, I hope the line gets canceled. What!? Yup. Said it. Why? Because nothing beats enraged collectors clamoring for a "boycott" of toy companies, online petitions, flaming of the company itself, and endless whining over something they'll never have. I can see it now...

"I wont be collecting the 3 3/4" line, I wont be buying anything Hasbro puts out, and I'm telling all my friends too!"

Personally, to me? I wouldn't mind if Hasbro ends the ML line. Like I said, I've liked some of the Hasbro sculpts but there's been some I haven't cared for it all. Could really take it or leave it. If the rumor of the 1:18th line is true and ML goes buh-bye, more focus would be put into a scale I've loved since the 80's, a scale Hasbro not only excels at, but dominates. I'm very selfish, I don't care what the rest of you want :D

But bottom line? This is all overreaction. More than likely, as mentioned, that particular site got tired of waiting and hearing the same thing in terms of delayed shipments and just decided not to bother with it until something more solid comes through.

i kinda mentioned this before in a thread and no one believed me, everyone bit my head off about it and got sore, its good to have potentially semi-proof though.

heres the thread:Is Hasbro Screwing us?

good look out though mckul33

ya i guess they did cancel the line or maybe brought them back for work or something or change the line up:

Hasbro Marvel Legends Series 4

Hasbro Marvel Legends Series 5

New to the board, so don't know if this is under discussion, but went over to Toyglobe.com and HB Marvel Legends 4 said cancelled by maufactuer, as did HBML5, and the last 2 ML Icons lines. Anyone know anything about this?

My friend who works at K-mart told me they are clearancing all the current Marvel Legends, and they are not incuded in the new plan-o-grams for summer/fall.

He thinks they are done.

I know nothing either way, but in my time on these boards I've come to learn one very important piece of information: Never trust Toyglobe's Information, its usually wrong.

Who knows, it could end up being true, but Toyglobe is a very unreliable source for this kinda thing.

plan-o-grams

I must find a use for "Plan-o-Grams" in my everyday life.

Drats no more Marvel Legends. Oh well, so long as I get the characters I wanted to see made in custom form, I'm cool. Sucks I'll have to make my own Astonishing Beast and Holocaust (Nemesis).

This sucks, I had already placed a pre order on toyglobe for these, I guess I'll have to go somewhere else now to place an order.