TARGET EXCLUSIVES SHOWING UP

DOCHOLIDAY56

Got the Grand Slam and Crankcase sets this morning!!! They weren't out in the toy asile but I put in the DPCI# into one of those self scanner things and it said they were in the stockroom. SO I got a team member to help me and WOO HOO!!!!

I opened them both on the way to work. I haven't pulled out the vehicles yet but I retreived Crankcase and GS to bring in to work with me.

Crankcase is pretty cool. Not a character I care much about but it is nice to have him nonetheless. I didn't realize it from the pics of him, but he shares the same head as Breaker. Breaker's big head didn't bother me as much as it sounds like it bothered many of you, but the head seems much more proprotionate on Crankcase. He has Shipwreck's arms and torso, which seems to work well. His legs belong to the Cobra soldier. I don't think the legs work as well as they could. They are slightly off from the original. But for a figure that is a 100% reuse of pre-existing parts, I think he works remarkably well. At least hasbro took the time to mix and match parts to create a decent frankenjoe.

Now Grand Slam on the other hand, is just a strait repaint of Flash. I'm a little disappointed that they didn't at least give him a new head. The only thing that really seperated the original GS from the original Flash, was the different head molds. But I do think this particular head mold works better for GS than it does for Flash. I'll probably end up swapping Flash's head rather than GS's. Just like Flash though, this is a great figure... and a nice homage to the original (well... the second original with the silver pads anyway). I'm thrilled to have another of the original 13. I'm glad Hasbro seems commited to getting us all of them. Grunt, Steeler and Clutch are on the way!!! That only leaves Short Fuze and Zap. Go Hasbro!

I went to the target off convoy last night after work. I punched in the numbers it said in stock, not in aisle, I asked an associate, she went back brought out the box. I thanked her, said I would take the whole box. She was happy with that. I checked out, the cashier rang each one up seperatly, and I used the $5 dollar off coupon. That was so cool!!!! I got no hassle, or anything. Now they are in my car still minty in the box. I like them, they look good, haven't got the chance to open them yet. I just have to make room at home to put them up.

Picked up all 3 today. Let me say I give Target a A++ on customer service for these today. I started out by calling the Target closest to me and asking them to check the DCPI number. The accosiate checked and said nothing was in stock there. I then asked her if she could check to see if any stores in the area had them which she did. She found 3 stores in the metropolitan area that had them in stock and then asked if I wanted the phone # for any of those stores. I then called the store closest to me that had them and had the associate check the DCPI. She then said they had 14 listed in stock and asked me if she would like to have them do a visual for me to confirm. I thanked here and said yes please. A few mins later she came back and said they were confirmed as being in the back and said someone had gone back to make sure they had all 3 vehicles in stock. She then asked if I would like her to call me back once they confirmed all 3 where there. It was going to take a few mins. I said sure so she took my number. About 10 mins later she called me back and said she had all 3 and would hold them for me up at the front. Target is usually pretty good about checking for things with the DCPI but calling me back and all and basically offering to do these things without me even asking was really going the extra mile and fantastic customer service. I got these at the Sterling VA Target.

Ha good one jay was much worse......... I got nothing today as the I was told they had all 3 over the phone go out there and the DCPI says they do. Ask for help and the girl goes back and comes back like 10 minutes later saying all they had was Hiss's and nothing else was in the boxes....... I asked if they were opened and she said no she had boxes opened....... bunch of bull. So now I have to try again, as I was on my lunch break and did not have time to wait for someone else to check :( Target sucks ass around these parts.

Draven

Picked up all 3 today. Let me say I give Target a A++ on customer service for these today. I started out by calling the Target closest to me and asking them to check the DCPI number. The accosiate checked and said nothing was in stock there. I then asked her if she could check to see if any stores in the area had them which she did. She found 3 stores in the metropolitan area that had them in stock and then asked if I wanted the phone # for any of those stores. I then called the store closest to me that had them and had the associate check the DCPI. She then said they had 14 listed in stock and asked me if she would like to have them do a visual for me to confirm. I thanked here and said yes please. A few mins later she came back and said they were confirmed as being in the back and said someone had gone back to make sure they had all 3 vehicles in stock. She then asked if I would like her to call me back once they confirmed all 3 where there. It was going to take a few mins. I said sure so she took my number. About 10 mins later she called me back and said she had all 3 and would hold them for me up at the front. Target is usually pretty good about checking for things with the DCPI but calling me back and all and basically offering to do these things without me even asking was really going the extra mile and fantastic customer service. I got these at the Sterling VA Target.

Congrats! Hope you make a kudos call to the store and/or district manager and mention her by name! I always try and go out of my way to notify management when an employee provides exceptional customer service.

Sounds like you have one of the Targets that abides by the rules

Like my store does and others here in the Tampa area

No there is NO date. I know this for a fact as a friend of mine is a manager at Target in another town. Two, she brought me a Hiss.,...... @loll@ She was just being lazy and stupid.

Draven

Here's a question for anyone who wants to answer. With the black hiss w/ Rip-It coming out this summer, how many of you plan on buying the blue hiss w/ the repaint cobra soldier. I personally will probably just skip it considering the "rah correct" version is coming (with a better figure none the less). I'm thinking Hasbro may have screwed target with this one but I don't know for sure.

Considering that they are going for about $30 a piece on ebay now(after shipping from what I last saw). It looks like there is a demand, and considering everyones still on the 25th craze, who knows from here. I think they will sell as its the first vehicles for this line, they include 25th anniv figures, and the price point. $10 bucks is a steal for customizers, collectors and kids. I am happy with mine and at that price point I might get another hiss or 2. I still do plan on getting the main release vehicles including the black hiss especially for the figures.

Sounds like you have one of the Targets that abides by the rules

Like my store does and others here in the Tampa area

No there is NO date. I know this for a fact as a friend of mine is a manager at Target in another town. Two, she brought me a Hiss.,...... @loll@ She was just being lazy and stupid.

Draven

Yes there is a date you think i'm pulling this out of thin air?

Some stores play by the rules some don't care and some think all collectors are scalpers and won't release them even if you give the DPCI

You mgr freind best look up the DPCI because thats what I did with my mgr

No there is date for the set up in the front of the stores that have them......not the stuff on it!! I know this for a fact. Two I called today and got both sets I wanted put at the customer service desk. Really like them. :)

Draven

Then as I have stated on other threads is that you have one of the cool stores that have no problems letting people get the items early

But as I have said there are stingy stores like mine and the others here in the Tampa area and in others I heard that won't put the items out till the street date

I've been hitting up Target stores in upstate NY for the last few days, but nothing yet (no 25th or SW Order 66 exclusives).

I'm wicked stoked for the Awe Striker! It was a fave of mine as a kid, and this new one looks sweet!

(it IS a new mold right, not just a retool of the old school)

And $9.99! How can anyone pass that up?! I can't afford NOT to get one!

YO JOE!