Who here has Iron Monger?

Max14

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just going to order him from off of the internet, I'll try to find him at a good price, because most internet store know his value and is charging sky rocket prices for him.

I bought my first Iron Monger from Hasbrotoyshop.com for $9.99. Check back there often to see if they've restocked (and they will). the second cheapest I saw was Toynk.com who had I.M. for $14.99. Don't pay too much because these won't be tough to find for long.

Just picked up 1 at target along with the rest of the series and 2 of the target exclusive silver centurians. Unfortunatly I already ordered an iron monger off of hasbrotoyshop.com, so if anyone wants to trade an iron monger for a walmart war machine or wants to trade an extra war machine they have for a silver centurain let me know.

I found him today at TRU he's was the only one of about 20 pieces - the cashier was quick to let me know this was a hard one to find - souhgate mi - but if you go to toys r us web site you can still order him and all the rest for retail aand free shipping.

one question - is the stealth walmart the same war machine or are there two? please let me know

Just picked up 1 at target along with the rest of the series and 2 of the target exclusive silver centurians. Unfortunatly I already ordered an iron monger off of hasbrotoyshop.com, so if anyone wants to trade an iron monger for a walmart war machine or wants to trade an extra war machine they have for a silver centurain let me know.

Hey there Evil...

I'd be willing to trade a WM one for an Iron Monger. Send me a PM & we'll work something out...

im gonna hold out for the opening version.

Ditto, I want the opening cockpit Jeff Lebowski showing version too. The Monger abides.

LOL! "The Monger abides." Will Tony Stark refer to Obadiah Stane as "dude" at some point in the movie? I doubt it but maybe in an outtake scene on the dvd. The first Iron Monger figure is worth getting although the second one may have better leg articulation without the action feature of the first version.

I picked him up at Target yesterday and he does appear to be shortpacked. There were tons of both red and gold Iron Man versions, but only one each of Monger, Mark 1, and Mark 2.

yeah he is. i put out a case at work and in each case there are only 1 Iron Monger, Mk 2 and Mk 1, the rest are the snap on armor and Mk 3

im gonna hold out for the opening version.

Ditto, I want the opening cockpit Jeff Lebowski showing version too. The Monger abides.

LOL! "The Monger abides." Will Tony Stark refer to Obadiah Stane as "dude" at some point in the movie? I doubt it but maybe in an outtake scene on the dvd. The first Iron Monger figure is worth getting although the second one may have better leg articulation without the action feature of the first version.

Yep The Monger Abides, lol maybe the second iron monger figure comes with a tank of white russian and a bowling ball battering ram. Maybe even credence clearwater revival theme music. Intead of running through the jungle name the song running through the iron man. :D

I picked up 3 mongers today, for anyone that may need him. just ask for actual cost and actual shipping. it was at KBToys in Washington, so with sales tax, its like $11.88 a figure, plus shipping.

just trying to help. if anyone is interested, I can be emailed at CJF28@msn.com

Is there an Inronmonger Variant? I picked one up the other day that instead of red center and red eyes, they are all blue.

There are 2 verisons of Iron Mongrel, at least so far. The 1st is the Smashing Feature figure(Red eyes and chest), while the 2nd is the 1 with part of the armor removiable to reviel Jeff Bridges character underneath it(I forgot the name of the character, but the initionals are O.S. And this figure has Blue eyes and chest). The 2nd figure is part of Wave 1.5 with Titiniuum Man(Marks I, II, III, and the 1st Iron Mongrel figure are Wave 1).

If you have the Blue eyes and chest, if you opened your figure up, you should be able to see the armour removable. If you are keeping it in package, then it should say something like "Removable Armour" or something like that. If that's the case, then it's the 2nd verison of the figure. If instead, it saids something like "Smash Fist Action Feature" on pacakging, and/or you open it and activate the action feature by squeezing his legs together, then it's the 1st verison, but it would appear that Hasbro has decided to do a variant of the 1st figure with blue eyes and chest.

I ordered him last Sunday from Toynk.com with S&H he was 22 dollars, I got him yesterday, he's freakin' cool, and so far, he's my fav. one. Tonight I went to Target, hoping I wouldn't find him since it would've made me felt dumb, and they didn't have him, but they did have Mark 1 and 2, I snatched up mark 1 while I had the chance, but left mark 2 for now since I had just got Guitar Hero 3 and was runnin kind of low on money. @grumpy@

But atleast the game is awesome. :D

i think the one with the blue repulser and blue eyes is a running change, i guessing they changed it to be more movie accurate, i still like the red one thought, it looks more sinister, but i might pick up the blue one since its movie accurate

I actually came across an entire set here in Boston all with the Smashing Punch Iron Monger and the blue coloring. I was kind of pissed since I've cut back a lot on collecting and only really collect movie accurate or well rendered pieces. At the same time I'm one of those people who loves to collect his set as soon as possible meaning that I snag a set as soon as they start appearing at the stores.

This case in point applies to the new Premium Transformers line also by Hasbro. You get the same box with subtle wording changes on the back, but essentially there's a set of Leader Class movie figures of Optimus Prime and Megatron out there now that both have replaced their generic Sound FX with much cooler Transformers classic transformation sounds. Optimus Prime also has a whole newly sculpted head with taller "ears" and the arm gun has been replaced with the movie accurate arm-sword! They also have a good amount of more paint detail for the same prices as the original ones.

I'm seriously considering holding off buying toys now until the definitive versions make it to market. How many Anakins and Obi-Wans do we need to buy before these most recent ones came out (again Hasbro)? At least re-buying figures at 6.99 is a lot better than $9.99-$12.99 and $39.99 respectively. It just goes to show that they now have the ability to make realistic sculpts, but that they fail to invest in them until they start making more money.

I actually came across an entire set here in Boston all with the Smashing Punch Iron Monger and the blue coloring. I was kind of pissed since I've cut back a lot on collecting and only really collect movie accurate or well rendered pieces. At the same time I'm one of those people who loves to collect his set as soon as possible meaning that I snag a set as soon as they start appearing at the stores.

This case in point applies to the new Premium Transformers line also by Hasbro. You get the same box with subtle wording changes on the back, but essentially there's a set of Leader Class movie figures of Optimus Prime and Megatron out there now that both have replaced their generic Sound FX with much cooler Transformers classic transformation sounds. Optimus Prime also has a whole newly sculpted head with taller "ears" and the arm gun has been replaced with the movie accurate arm-sword! They also have a good amount of more paint detail for the same prices as the original ones.

I'm seriously considering holding off buying toys now until the definitive versions make it to market. How many Anakins and Obi-Wans do we need to buy before these most recent ones came out (again Hasbro)? At least re-buying figures at 6.99 is a lot better than $9.99-$12.99 and $39.99 respectively. It just goes to show that they now have the ability to make realistic sculpts, but that they fail to invest in them until they start making more money.

ya i just found both Premium Opitmus Prime and Megatron last night, i didnt have the forty bucks to get the OP so i stashed him and im hoping to go back tomorrow and pick him up

Is there an Inronmonger Variant? I picked one up the other day that instead of red center and red eyes, they are all blue.

There are 2 verisons of Iron Mongrel, at least so far. The 1st is the Smashing Feature figure(Red eyes and chest), while the 2nd is the 1 with part of the armor removiable to reviel Jeff Bridges character underneath it(I forgot the name of the character, but the initionals are O.S. And this figure has Blue eyes and chest). The 2nd figure is part of Wave 1.5 with Titiniuum Man(Marks I, II, III, and the 1st Iron Mongrel figure are Wave 1).

If you have the Blue eyes and chest, if you opened your figure up, you should be able to see the armour removable. If you are keeping it in package, then it should say something like "Removable Armour" or something like that. If that's the case, then it's the 2nd verison of the figure. If instead, it saids something like "Smash Fist Action Feature" on pacakging, and/or you open it and activate the action feature by squeezing his legs together, then it's the 1st verison, but it would appear that Hasbro has decided to do a variant of the 1st figure with blue eyes and chest.

Obidiah Stane.