Is anyone else disappointed with the 12 inch repulsor power Iron Man?

Max14

As everyone knows, I am hunting the Iron Man toys down, and today, I finally found them at my local Target. I had already made plans to buy the 12 inch Repulsor Power Iron Man. But once I arrived at the store, and seen this figure for myself, I was very disappointed, especially because Hasbro didn't look at this from a collector's point of view. Instead of having a good sculpt and articulation, they focused on action features. The 20 dollars that I had put aside for this figure, was used on two of the smaller figures instead( Repulsor Power Red Prototype (Target exclusive) and Snap On Armor Iron Man). I will eventually buy this figure since I'm a Iron Man fan, but at a later date. Do anyone else feel the same way I do about this toy?

I think in this case that's probably what they intended. Toys with action figures are geared more towards kids, not collectors and even with the 12" figures, they are not all meant to be like the Icons

Yeah, I guess you're right, it's just that I really had my hopes up that this would be the ultimate Iron Man movie toy, but I'm not too disappointed, because bigbadtoystore.com has a pre-order for another 12 inch Iron Man. And with the Iron Man with action features already being released, and the asking price of $36.99 for this one, I'm assuming that this one is made for collectors. Here's the link to it, no info hardly at all though. Click on the 12" Invincible Iron Man link below to view what info they have.

12" Invincible Iron Man

I didn't know they were making a different 12'' IronMan.

That guy looks pretty cool.

And yesterday I was going to pick up the 12'' IronMan at Target and EACH one HAD a Scratch on his faceplate. Some were pretty minor and others looked deep. Has anyone else noticed it before.

And for them to all have it makes me think the actual mold had somekind of scratch on it. Really stopped me from getting him.

I didn't know they were making a different 12'' IronMan.

That guy looks pretty cool.

And yesterday I was going to pick up the 12'' IronMan at Target and EACH one HAD a Scratch on his faceplate. Some were pretty minor and others looked deep. Has anyone else noticed it before.

And for them to all have it makes me think the actual mold had somekind of scratch on it. Really stopped me from getting him.

Last Friday on the actual release date of the toys, I went to Toys R Us to get the 12 inch one, and like you said every single one of them had a scracth, and all of the them were deep. This Tuesday, when my local Wal Mart got them in, all of them had scratches, some were lighter than others, when I went to Target today, all of them had scratches, you know actually, I believe that scratch is what causing me to feel so negative about this figure, I'm glad to know that this wasn't a case were NC got a bad batch of Iron Men. Even if that other 12 inch Iron Man is still a toy, it's cool enough for me to buy.

BTW: Michael Crawford reviewed Repulsor Power Iron Man, and believe it or not, his had a scratch on it's face, see look: Michael Crawford's review of 12" Repulsor Power Iron Man.

Looks like a quality control problem at the factory. Or mishandling of the product prior to packing in the box. Could be Wolverine is doing the packing himself!

That mental picture is hilarious.

"I'm the best there is at what I do... and what I do is pack action figures! Okay, twist tie here, here, here, and... ARGH!"

*snikt*

*sounds of slashing follow*

"Back in fifteen. I need a beer."