Best way to slim down my Joe collection?

SentinelPrime

Hi there. So, as it turns out, I have inherited a rather large Joe collection. Alot of it I'm going to keep, alot it I'm not. For example, I don't like Neo Vipers, so I'm going to have a lot of those, as well as tons of figures and vehicles, but I'm not sure I want to go through the effort of Ebay.

Does anyone have any suggestions on good alternatives for large lots? Thanks for any tips.

Also, sorry if this doesn't belong in here, figured more Joe fans would see it in here.

Well, D, there's a few different Neos, mainly blues and greys. Couple o' really dark ones. I'm in the process of getting it all together. TNI was my original toy hangout so I think I will give ya'll firsties.

A few ideas come to mind.

You could use firecrackers @firedevil@

Foremost of all before even doing anything else, you have to decide what your going to keep and what your going to to get rid of. Make sure you know.

Next, decide if you want to sell, trade or just get rid of. My guess is sell, lol.

You could list them here and let us have first dibs. We are all pretty good about giving fair offers (as well as paying for said offers).

It really depends on what you have avaiable, both in quantity and quality. Look at Ebay and various online sites to gauge what figures/vehicles sell for (not that your listing, just doing research).

The more complete a figure, the higher the price.

Cobras sold in "same" lots will probably go for higher than individuals. I'd suggest lots of 3 or 4.

Less popular figures puts in lots with more popular figures will sell better than the less populars by themselves. For example, Sneak Peek alone will get, maybe $3 or $4 if he sells at all. But Sneak Peak with Falcon would get maybe $10 or $12.

It probably doesn't matter a whole lot if vehicles come with their drivers. I could be wrong,but you'd probably do better doing them seperately.

If you have several vehicles, try to cannibalize to form as many complete vehicles as you can. You can sell the rest in "custom fodder" lots.

Hope that helps.

The others pretty much hit the nail on the head-- both in how to list and where to offer the figures.

Right now the 25A figs are "the new hotness" and so prices on GvC era figures really aren't what you'd expect (or hope) for them to be. I'd suggested putting your troop builders into groups of 5 or so to save yourself the trouble of listing them all individually-- especially if you've got a lot of them. I do like the idea of listing them here first-- only because it would be nice to see the figures go to fans first rather than see a bunch of dealers snag them all on Ebay solely for the purpose of reselling them.

Firecrackers. wow.... :rolleyes:

I agree with what pesatyel says about grouping your army-builders, but be careful as the market can be fickle. I myself took a mild raping last week selling some AB's (type of AB matters, too, I guess. I ending up selling lots of 2-4 AB's (12 figures total) to a guy for about $50 shipped), so be mindful, 'young padawan', er, 'recruit'. ;)