We ALL Have To Eat, So Why Not Eat Good For Cheap!!!

Original Beef Mac & Cheese.

You need two pots. One to cook the hamburger in, the other to make that mac in.

-In the mac pot, boil some water.

-In the hamburger pot, fry up some beef and season it with Chili powder. Do not over cook.

-In the mac pot, boil the noodles until barely done. Drain the water, then mix with the beef.

-Now stir the mac and beef together. Add some butter first, then add all of the cheese powder. If it is still too thick, add some milk.

This is cheaper than Hamburger Helper. ;) Wal-mart sells these Mac & Cheese packs for 38 cents.

P.S. On a side note, when using generic mac and cheese, use TWO cheese packets to make this dish. You can always make Macaroni Salad out of the extra box of macaroni later.

Easiest cookie recipe you will EVER find:

But you need to like peanut butter....

1 cup creamy peanut butter ( or you can use crunchy with no problems)

1/2 cup sugar

1 egg

PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Mix peanut butter, sugar and egg until well blended. Refrigerate 30 min. Roll peanut butter mixture into 18 balls. Place, 2 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten each ball, in criss-cross pattern, with fork.

BAKE 18 to 20 min. or until lightly browned. Cool 5 min. Remove from baking sheet to wire rack; cool completely.

Now, trust me on these......I've made them about a 1/2 dozen times. Flawless recipe.

You can make them even better by adding in a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and make it an even 4 ingredients. Don't need any flour or anything else.

Hands down the best peanut butter cookie recipe I've ever had.

• 1 month later...

This how I get my nephew motivated in the mornings.

G.I.JOE: Beachhead Breakfast!!

O.K. You lugs. Time to get a good breakfast!! @sun@

Do you want to be a real JOE?

Of course you do. Here's a great starter breakfast for all of us before you start you morning work out. #US1#

The night before, scramble 3 eggs with 2 slices of bread that you will tear up as small as you like. Add a splash of milk and stir. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder,..etc..

NEXT MORNING -Pre-heat a Medium fry pan to med-high temp. Non-stick pans are a great way to go. Cook up your mixed eggs and toast your toast in the toaster. :D The galley normally fries up some bacon and grits for Beachhead (grits are a southern thing), but YOU live alone, so whatever you add to your breakfast, that's your business.

Good Morning and YO JOE!! #US1#

• 5 months later...

Here's a method to smoke meats on the BBQ--and its summer BBQ season, so what the hey!

Stuff:

Meat--whatever you like.

Salt

Sugar

Water

Wood chips ( hickory, mesquite, apple wood, or cherry wood)

Gas grill BBQ.

This takes about 4-4.5 hours to do.

Day Before:

First take a couple of good sized handfuls of the wood chips, and soak them in water--for a few hours ( overnight is fine)

Keep 1/2 to 3/4s of the wood chips dry

Morning of BBQ:

Take whatever meat ya got..........chicken, fish, pork what-have-you.......and make sure its thawed completely.

Get a big bowl, pot or tray, large enough to hold the meat and be covered by water--say about a gallon's worth.

If you have about a gallon of water, add a cup of salt, and a cup of sugar.

If you use less water, reduce the salt/sugar.

Mix the two together in the water until dissolved--this creates a brine.

Add the meat to the water, and put in the fridge for 2 hrs at least.

The brine will keep the meat moist while cooking.

Just prior to BBQing:

After meat has soaked for those two hrs or so, get the BBQ ready.

Heat it up as usual--god and hot

Prepare TWO smoke pouches.

Grab some heavy duty tinfoil--make a couple of sheets about the size of a serving platter--layering if the foil is thin.

Grab the wood chips, and use two parts dry chips and one part wet chips in a pile on the foil.

Close up the foil nice and snug, and poke a few holes in it for the smoke to come out.

At the BBQ, toss one pouch on the grill, ON THE HEATED SIDE. Close the lid, give it a few minutes to build up some smoke.

Note: there may not appear to be much smoke at first, but use your nose--if you can smell the wood--its producing smoke.

Get your meat out of the fridge--pat it down with a paper towel until dry.

When ready, turn one side of the grill OFF, and turn the other one to just about LOW.

Put the meat on the OFF side of the grill, and make sure the smoke pouch is over the on side--again, on low.

Close the lid.

( if you use a charcoal grill, pile the coals over to one side so there's a hot and "cold" side--and you can put the smoke pouch right on the coals))

Leave it alone for an hour. Keep the lid closed.

After an hour, you can turn the meat over, and toss the other smoke pouch onto the grill--heated side. Close the lid again and leave for a second hour, or 90 minutes.

The wood in the smoke pouches may smolder, possibly ignite--that's okay. If you do not like the wood igniting, you can remove the first pouch.

The more smoke you have the heavier the flavour will be, the less smoke the lighter the flavour will be.

The result will be meat that has a colouring to the skin, and when cooked and cut open should have a "smoke ring" that penetrates into the meat all around--like an outer "tree ring". Outside texture will be slightly rubbery ( this is okay), but inside should be juicy/moist.

Flavour should be like a pleasant, smoky salty taste.

If you want extra flavour, you can baste the meat for the last 30 minutes with whatever BBQ sauce you like--or even something simple like Italian salad dressing.

It is a bit of work, but maaaaan, its some good eats.

I tried this the other day and it blew my socks off.

• 1 month later...

One important thing we tend to forget is hydration. Gator-aid now has G2. It's less sugar calories and more vitamins.

I have been working on the roof here in San Antonio Texas for the past two months. This is now the hottest summer on record. My survival has been G2 and basic fruit. Just remember to ice down a cooler of your favorite beverage and make sure it last all day long.

If you ever find your self in such harsh conditions, remember this bit of advice. #US1#

• 2 months later...

1/2 cup sugar

1 egg

PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Mix peanut butter, sugar and egg until well blended. Refrigerate 30 min. Roll peanut butter mixture into 18 balls. Place, 2 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten each ball, in criss-cross pattern, with fork.

BAKE 18 to 20 min. or until lightly browned. Cool 5 min. Remove from baking sheet to wire rack; cool completely.

Now, trust me on these......I've made them about a 1/2 dozen times. Flawless recipe.

You can make them even better by adding in a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and make it an even 4 ingredients. Don't need any flour or anything else.

Do you need to use creamy peanut butter or can you use any kind?.. Realaly just PB & sugar & 1 egg?.. I must say the idea does not sound good @loll@ I want to try this just to find out how it tastes now :D What sugar is best brown or white?

1/2 cup sugar

1 egg

Do you need to use creamy peanut butter or can you use any kind?.. Realaly just PB & sugar & 1 egg?.. I must say the idea does not sound good @loll@ I want to try this just to find out how it tastes now :D What sugar is best brown or white?

Any kind of PB works--and trust me, as sparse as this recipe sounds, it makes for a good cookie.

I can whip up a batch of these in half an hour.

White sugar is what I use, but you could try light brown sugar too--should work with no problems.

1/2 cup sugar

1 egg

Any kind of PB works--and trust me, as sparse as this recipe sounds, it makes for a good cookie.

White sugar is what I use, but you could try light brown sugar too--should work with no problems.

What kind of PB do you use arrow ?:D I'm going to have to pick some up at the store to use for this tomorrow be all out of the regular stuff if I used that heh

1/2 cup sugar

1 egg

What kind of PB do you use arrow ?:D I'm going to have to pick some up at the store to use for this tomorrow be all out of the regular stuff if I used that heh

Skippy, Squirrel, Kraft, Extra Foods house brand--I've tried it with all of those ( but not a natural PB) and in both smooth and chunky form. The recipe is no-fail if you follow it as written. Keep an eye on them when they bake though, and use your judgement when it comes to around the 18-20 minute mark.

I got a thing of kraft extra creamy :D I was thinking of getting one of skippy lol Or the jiff but the jiff did not look too good for some reason :S more than likely going to try this tonight :D How about Chocolate chips ?

@loll@ ever add those ? @loll@

that is so easy, butter, sugar ,egg :D looks quite funky :D its cooling in the fridge now going to be baking soon :D PS DamN! You don't even really need sugar for this with how sweet the kraft PB is by it self lol! I tried some of the PB & sugar mix before I added teh egg! Holy crap is that ever sweeet!

arrow are these things suppose to become hard after cooking like regular cookies ?... :S I touch them & they are still all soft & crumble :S I'm thinking they need longer time but they have been in 20 min :S Though I did not make 18 balls perhaps some are just thicker ?..

arrow are these things suppose to become hard after cooking like regular cookies ?... :S I touch them & they are still all soft & crumble :S I'm thinking they need longer time but they have been in 20 min :S Though I did not make 18 balls perhaps some are just thicker ?..

They should set up a bit while on the cooling rack, and if they still seem too soft--stick them in the fridge overnight.

yeah I let them sit in another 5 min or so & then let them cool... they hardened then... They are quite tasty I'm sure I've had them before at some point @loll@

After 4 long years....

THEY'RE BACK DAMNIT!

McRib%20Farewell-thumb.jpg

38371886.gif38371886.gif38371886.gif38371886.gif