Is Hasbro screwing us?

DennisW22

I see your white flag, and I accept your surrender.

Suurender?

I don't need to surrender a point, certainly not when others chime in and support it.

i firmly agree, but be honest can you find me one figure or sculpt of Hasbro's MLs that is superior is quality and detail to any Toybiz ML

Astonishing Cyclops.

Lord of Asgard Thor ( or whatever he's called)

FF Legends Doctor Doom

FF Legends Thing

Brood Queen BAF

X3 Colossus

Just to name 6 off the top of my head.

Now the caveat here: by what grounds to we qualify the "best of Toybiz ML's" to compare these to?

Should we pick any ol' figure, or their closest counterparts in the earlier lines.

If you pick "any" figure, then you can find samples that do, in fact, beat out the other.

Clearly, Hasbro's Astonishing Cyclops trumps the Toybiz version in detail.

Same could be said for Doom and the Thing.

Brood Queen certainly has more detail than the Marvel Select Brood ( which began as a Toybiz-intended sculpt)

Colossus is probably the only tie in the bunch, given his ML5 (?) version is at least equal--though I think texturally the X3 version offers more detail in the sculpt.

Now, lest anyone lose themselves in the blind urge to counter....

On the face of fair comparisons, there are samples from each that compare equally.

However, in terms of sheer numbers to date, going with the first 3 waves of Toybiz compared to Hasbro, Toybiz certainly offered more detailed figures compared to Hasbro's.

Taken as a whole, both have offered equally detailed figures, and both have had their dogs.

Aside from immature claims about perceived absolutes, there's not much to argue about on that point.

i would say we judge it by who has the better character presentation

i'll give you Astonishing Cyclops, Thing and Doom

but Series 6 Colossus is way better than the movie version, BAF wise i'd say (besides mojo) the queen brood is the weakest one, Giant Man series Thor is presented better (i believe) since it was a great figure of the core character(its close thought).

if you wish to compare or look over some more i found thin neat sight (u might already know it)

Marvel Legends

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That said, artistically speaking, Hasbro can't touch TOY-BIZ, and in my opinion, all such comparisons are laughable.

It ain't just the paint-apps. Hasbro's sculpts are simply not as detailed as TOY-BIZ's were, and if they do have more detail, they often lack in size. TOY-BIZ simply paid more attention to the artistic details. I have no idea what Hasbro pays attention to.

You obviously don't have figures like Astonishing Cyclops, FF Legends Thing, The Brood Queen, FF Legends Doc Doom & Mole man, Danger, Xorn, FA Captain America, Planet Hulk etc in your collection, because they are as detailed a sculpt as as anything Toybiz put out......

"Artistically speaking", there's no difference in the level of detail there.

"Obviously"??? Oh, really?

What's it like to be dead wrong?

HML 3 Astonishing Cyclops: Don't have it 'cause I don't want it. Horrible sculpt + horrible monotone plastic + horrible paint apps. = one sucky figure.

FF Legends Thing: Have it. It sucks. Day-glo orange plastic + tiny l'il head + weird, thick, protruding neck = one short, sucky figure that is not as good as the ML Wave 2 Thing (from Toy-Biz, BTW...)

FF Legends Doc Doom: Have it. It's over-rated. Decent sculpt + monotone plastics = one mediocre figure. Toy-Biz's ML Wave 2 Doom had superior detailing. Sorry, but it's a FACT.

Brood Queen: Hate the character, hated most of the wave, don't want the BAF. But the pieces I have are of the same monotone plastic that Hasbro prefers. Toy-Biz made great BAFs (except for Mojo)...Maybe you noticed??

Danger: Barf. Stupid character. Stupid figure. Poorly made.

Xorn: The guy with the teeny-weeny l'il Magneto head?? And the boring, monotone plastics? Oh yeah...That's a GREAT example of Hasbro's "artistry"...

FA Captain America: A decent sculpt that intentionally captures the cartoony, Golden-Age look of the 1940's Cap. But the monotone plastics are horrendous, especially the day-glow red boots and gloves.

Planet Hulk: Have it. This was a re-tooled Toy-Biz Hulk with a strange looking head, and...Monotone plastics. Every other Toy-Biz Hulk was better than this lame-ass figure that Hasbro hastily cobbled together.

Sorry, but again, you're dead wrong...and I'm 100% right.

Comparing Toy-Biz and Hasbro from an artistic POV is laughable, because Toy-Biz was FAR superior.

That's an indisputable fact.

#US1#

cyclops- it did a hell of a better job capturing the look of leather than ML8 storm, and it isnt a retooled namor or have a crappy light up head.

thing- the neck thing is a quirk of the art, not of the figure, and the height is due to them using marvel's official guides, so they cant take the full blame.

doom- has more articulation than ML2, and has a more relaistic sculpt. the paint on the green is flat, but the silver has airbrushing for depth.

brood- what is your definition of monotone? have you put it together, or seen some pics online? if not, then shut the hell up.

danger- IF YOU DONT LIKE THE CHARACTER, THEN DONT BUY THE EFFIN TOY AND STOP EFFIN COMPLAINING! also, being specific every once in a while instead of "bah, humbug" wouldnt hurt. whats crappy about the figure?

xorn- A) it was a toybiz sculpt B ) i already explained what happens whaen you do super detailed figures at those run numbers.

cap- im sorry, but were the crappy printing techs of that day making different shades of red? also, lets not forget iron man is the only FA figure toybiz has managed not to f*ck up.

p. hulk- again, what is your definition of monotone?

one last point to make before retiring for the night: ML1 cap? no scales? im sorry, if an aquaman figure from the friggin' 90s can have sculpted scales, so can cap from "one of the most artistic companies"

and the whole lack of comics thing is simple- toybiz got 'em free. hasbro would have to pay extra, driving the price up further. anyone else lack the fact we dont haev to use power tools to get to our toys anymore, and if we do leave 'em in their, its something nice to look at?

oh, and plastic is made for oil, which right about now is pretty damn expensive. also, it take more than one gallon of gas to get to california from china.

checkmate.

i think i got caught up. as for the whole grammar thing, like i said earlier, im lazy.

(Monotone is a single shade of color aka not having the mixed colors of shades or clothing color, ex. Banshee)

1. Queen Brood is the worst(besides mojo) BAF, its totally worthless, it may have detail but its wasted of a bad character

2. Ya hasbro's doom was better

3. Danger? whats crappy about it? crappy characters make crappy figures

4. planet hulk is ok but not good like previous ML hulks, including the absolute best one(ML Face off 2 pack Hulk)

5. ML series 8 classic capt. is 20 times better than the new hasbro one, plus ML 1 capt. had scales they were just painted on.

i know about the scales. i ment to add sculpted in there, but again, im lazy. also, your 1 and 3 kinda go against each other there. as for 5, i would hope so: the FA was supposed to capture a 65 year old look, while the ultimates are really new (comparatively).

Alright, I am going to point something out.

Everyone is saying that Toy Biz had Better Sculpts, well, I have the opposite opinion.

Series 1 and 2 of Hasbro's lines were filled with some bad ones, Emma, Banshee, Ultimate wolverine's face, and a few others, but overall, their Fantastic Four Legends were almost all well done, Doom's cape, Mr. Fantastic, and Human Torch could have been better, and Marvel Legends 3, it was really only really Bucky that wasn't grand.

Now, let's look at Toybiz.

Series 1 and two had awkwardly small crotch areas, Namor wasn't a great figure, Human Torch was not well painted, he looked far too cartoony. For the first number of series, the muscle sculpting was off proportion, and Thor had a small crotch area too.

They never got the hang of sculpting female figures, the closest they came to a good one was still bad compared to Hasbro's .

They didn't get truly amazing sculpts until around series 5,

They reused bases from earlier lines, along with accessories, and even with their later sets, Iron Fist still had big shoulders, and x-23's head was too big.

It too them more than 4 series to get it right, and even then, they were not perfect. so, stop ragging on Hasbro, and give Hasbro some time.

That said, artistically speaking, Hasbro can't touch TOY-BIZ, and in my opinion, all such comparisons are laughable.

It ain't just the paint-apps. Hasbro's sculpts are simply not as detailed as TOY-BIZ's were, and if they do have more detail, they often lack in size. TOY-BIZ simply paid more attention to the artistic details. I have no idea what Hasbro pays attention to.

You obviously don't have figures like Astonishing Cyclops, FF Legends Thing, The Brood Queen, FF Legends Doc Doom & Mole man, Danger, Xorn, FA Captain America, Planet Hulk etc in your collection, because they are as detailed a sculpt as as anything Toybiz put out......

I hope you're saying this sarcastically, Arrow. The figures you just listed are among the most perfect examples of what's wrong with HML.

Cyke-too small, poor articulation.

FF Thing - horrible face sculpt, too small, bad proportions, no paint apps.

Brood Queen - lacking in paint/sculpt detail and size

Dr. Doom and Mole Man...where are the paint apps on Mole Man? hello, lives in mud. Dr. Doom is okay sculpt wise, but the color doesn't do it much justice.

Danger....she's metal for christ's sake, why is the figure blue/grey? the details are just common and unexceptional

Xorn - okay sculpt, deadened by the lack of paint detail and the overall small size

FA Cap- an okay figure made less so by wierd paint colors

Planet Hulk- meh. But, as has been said, a TB sculpt.

Alright, I am going to point something out.

Everyone is saying that Toy Biz had Better Sculpts, well, I have the opposite opinion.

Series 1 and 2 of Hasbro's lines were filled with some bad ones, Emma, Banshee, Ultimate wolverine's face, and a few others, but overall, their Fantastic Four Legends were almost all well done, Doom's cape, Mr. Fantastic, and Human Torch could have been better, and Marvel Legends 3, it was really only really Bucky that wasn't grand.

Now, let's look at Toybiz.

Series 1 and two had awkwardly small crotch areas, Namor wasn't a great figure, Human Torch was not well painted, he looked far too cartoony. For the first number of series, the muscle sculpting was off proportion, and Thor had a small crotch area too.

They never got the hang of sculpting female figures, the closest they came to a good one was still bad compared to Hasbro's .

They didn't get truly amazing sculpts until around series 5,

They reused bases from earlier lines, along with accessories, and even with their later sets, Iron Fist still had big shoulders, and x-23's head was too big.

It too them more than 4 series to get it right, and even then, they were not perfect. so, stop ragging on Hasbro, and give Hasbro some time.

are you insane, the FF series was not well done (besides Silver surfer & doom)Thing had crappy articulation with a dumb look, invisible woman was just a revamp toybiz sculpt. (mole-man was good), Mr. fantastic was just a bad idea, Namor is the worst his sculpting was just bad, plus he no way stands up to the series 2 one, and Ronan wasn't impressive either.

and what are you talking about with the small crotch thing? i dont see "problem" in any of the line, plus who want a figure with a big old bulge,the muscles were directly proportional to the characters in the comics, Females charcters were just ok (until the sentinel series), bases and accessories!?! hasbro doesnt even have any?

when comparing the originality and quality of (lets say the first 5 lines) Hasbro vs. Toybiz, Toybiz was just more exciting and better

i know about the scales. i ment to add sculpted in there, but again, im lazy. also, your 1 and 3 kinda go against each other there. as for 5, i would hope so: the FA was supposed to capture a 65 year old look, while the ultimates are really new (comparatively).

i dont see how my 1 and 3 go against each other, and the FA capt needs a better paint app.

i change my mind, the Toybiz ML Face-offs capt was the absolute best

I hope you're saying this sarcastically, Arrow. The figures you just listed are among the most perfect examples of what's wrong with HML.

Dr. Doom and Mole Man...where are the paint apps on Mole Man? hello, lives in mud. Dr. Doom is okay sculpt wise, but the color doesn't do it much justice.

Danger....she's metal for christ's sake, why is the figure blue/grey? the details are just common and unexceptional

Xorn - okay sculpt, deadened by the lack of paint detail and the overall small size

Nope, I was NOT AT ALL being sarcastic.

If you read back into the thread, the claim was there were no detailed sculpts in the Hasbro ML line, as compared to Toybiz.

All those figures I mentioned do indeed have as detailed sculpts as any of the most detailed Toybiz figures.

The "other voice of contention" was spouting off things like proportions, the tone of the plastic, and paint apps to support their comparison--but none of those are relevant to the detail of the sculpts. They have nothing to do with sculpted details, which is what I was contesting.

Astonishing Cyclops has MORE articulation, and arguably more detail than his Toybiz counterpart.

He fits perfectly alongside Astonishing Wolverine--as if the toy were made in the same wave at the same time.

Brood Queen lacks in size and detail, you say? Check out the legs on that thing......there's reams of detail sculpted onto that figure. As for size........ its double the size of the Marvel Select Brood--how can it lack in that category?

The others..........they have as much DETAIL in their sculpts as any Toybiz figure did.

If you disagree, tell me why.

Planet hulk is also resculpted from House of M hulk.

not even close...

ya

Hulk01.jpg

Hulk01.jpg

Here's a question for everyone reading this thread to consider:

What's this fixation with "better"?

What's it mean to you if Hasbro or Toybiz is "better"? What the validation?

What does that mean, if anything?

Juveniles have a decided need to establish the what is the "best" of something to themselves, because they are still finding their place in the world and validate their surroundings at the same time.

Really, if you enjoy something, or not......what other validation does it need? How can someone else be wrong if their validation is different than yours?

I'm curious about this because it seems to be the crux of the conflict in threads like this, as if a person's indentity were as stake if one loses out over the other?

No need to answer this by posting, because the answers really amount to personal taste, don't they?

Just THINK about it.

Nope, I was NOT AT ALL being sarcastic.

If you read back into the thread, the claim was there were no detailed sculpts in the Hasbro ML line, as compared to Toybiz.

All those figures I mentioned do indeed have as detailed sculpts as any of the most detailed Toybiz figures.

The "other voice of contention" was spouting off things like proportions, the tone of the plastic, and paint apps to support their comparison--but none of those are relevant to the detail of the sculpts. They have nothing to do with sculpted details, which is what I was contesting.

Astonishing Cyclops has MORE articulation, and arguably more detail than his Toybiz counterpart.

He fits perfectly alongside Astonishing Wolverine--as if the toy were made in the same wave at the same time.

Brood Queen lacks in size and detail, you say? Check out the legs on that thing......there's reams of detail sculpted onto that figure. As for size........ its double the size of the Marvel Select Brood--how can it lack in that category?

The others..........they have as much DETAIL in their sculpts as any Toybiz figure did.

If you disagree, tell me why.

no they dont, i dont think you realize HOW much detail toybiz figures have over hasbro

Nope, Planet Hulk and House of M hulk have SOME re-used parts it appears, but the torso and legs are different sculpts entirely, as is the head. The hands are different too--based on those photos.

no they dont, I dont think you realize HOW much detail toybiz figures have over hasbro

I guess we are not understanding or seeing the same things then.

I have almost all of the Toybiz ML figures, and the Hasbro figures.

The only differences are in the lack of paint apps ( washes and dry brushing) on Hasbro's work, and and loss of POA's. Other than that....they have equal levels of sculpted detail.

no they dont, I dont think you realize HOW much detail toybiz figures have over hasbro

I guess we are not understanding or seeing the same things then.

I have almost all of the Toybiz ML figures, and the Hasbro figures.

The only differences are in the lack of paint apps ( washes and dry brushing) on Hasbro's work, and and loss of POA's. Other than that....they have equal levels of sculpted detail.

maybe but look at this gallery:

Marvel Legends

you can clearly tell who make which, the toybiz ones look like articulated models while the hasbro ones just look like toys.

Just sculpting a bunch of lines and folds on the Brood Queen's legs doesn't constitute detail for me. I guess my definition is more on the lines of useful details(pouches, medals, etc... sculpted and painted on). The BQ's details for whatever reason, and maybe its just my personal decision, just seem like afterthoughts. Like the designer said "well, this smooth thing doesn't look too good, let me rough it up a bit" and threw it through the wire brushes a few times. Hey, if you like it, cool for you. I built it and gave it to a friend.

And I was a completist, until HML. Just too many unimpressive figures for my taste.

I understand the whole "if you don't like it, don't buy it" argument, but I think it misses a major point: the BAF. I'm a fan of the BAFs, but some of the most miserable figures must be purchased in order to be complete. It hinders the passing on the figure for its own quality purpose. I really wanted the Blob BAF(one of Hasbro's sure hits in my book), and was endlessly pissed at having to buy the X3 Jean and Juggs figures.

It's something of a no-win scenario for the collector. You have to have sh!tty figures and the BAF or neither.

Just sculpting a bunch of lines and folds on the Brood Queen's legs doesn't constitute detail for me. I guess my definition is more on the lines of useful details(pouches, medals, etc... sculpted and painted on). The BQ's details for whatever reason, and maybe its just my personal decision, just seem like afterthoughts. Like the designer said "well, this smooth thing doesn't look too good, let me rough it up a bit" and threw it through the wire brushes a few times. Hey, if you like it, cool for you. I built it and gave it to a friend.

And I was a completist, until HML. Just too many unimpressive figures for my taste.

I understand the whole "if you don't like it, don't buy it" argument, but I think it misses a major point: the BAF. I'm a fan of the BAFs, but some of the most miserable figures must be purchased in order to be complete. It hinders the passing on the figure for its own quality purpose. I really wanted the Blob BAF(one of Hasbro's sure hits in my book), and was endlessly pissed at having to buy the X3 Jean and Juggs figures.

It's something of a no-win scenario for the collector. You have to have sh!tty figures and the BAF or neither.

im the same, i USED to collect them all (cause of the BAFs)and not be disappointed by the figures, but i stopped buying the complete series after receiving the first hasbro series, since then i've only bought the series 2 thor, and the FF series Doom and Silver Surfer, oh and spiderman 3 series Venom and new goblin. but i would usually have them all

Marvel Legends

you can clearly tell who make which, the toybiz ones look like articulated models while the hasbro ones just look like toys.

I don't need to look at a gallery of pics, I own 99% of the figures in both lines and have them close at hand, LOL!

The differences are in the paint apps, something that a modicum of skill with paint washes and drybrushing can fix, if someone chooses. Alot of the Hasbro figures don't even need washes or drybrushing.

Astonishing Cyclops remains a good example here--as the Astonishing Wolverine figure that Toybiz released had a small airbrushed line down the torso seam ( front and back) the rest is molded plastic and single tone paint apps.

Cyclopshas the textured sculpt and molded plastic to convey the leather outfit his portrayed as wearing in the comics. There's no reason to apply a paint wash there, nor any need for drybrushing. The sheen of the plastic and the way the fine terxtured lines break up the light communicate that scale texture of leather. The other paint apps he has fit the details of the character.

What else is needed there?

Comparatively, he's identical in treatment as the Toybiz Wolverine, and the ONLY POAs he's missing are the toes and the left hand finger POA. Is the loss of those a detriment to the figure?

I sure don't think so.

Now, that example is a good one, Hasbro DOES have some dogs........but so does Toybiz, and they have been cited many times before.

I don't think that Goliath, the bright yellow Sentry, Hulkbuster Iron Man, Spiderwoman, Pyro, Wasp, Scarlet Witch and a few others look like models either. Most of those have weaker paint apps, which seems to be the common failing with a lot of the stinkers in either line.

Personally, I have fixed the paint apps on about a half dozen Toybiz figures over time. and will probably do the same to an equal number of Hasbro figures.

Marvel Legends

I don't need to look at a gallery of pics, I own 99% of the figures in both lines and have them close at hand, LOL!

The differences are in the paint apps, something that a modicum of skill with paint washes and drybrushing can fix, if someone chooses. Alot of the Hasbro figures don't even need washes or drybrushing.

Astonishing Cyclops remains a good example here--as the Astonishing Wolverine figure that Toybiz released had a small airbrushed line down the torso seam ( front and back) the rest is molded plastic and single tone paint apps.

Cyclops has the textured sculpt and molded plastic to convey the leather outfit his portrayed as wearing in the comics. There's no reason to apply a paint wash there, nor any need for drybrushing. The sheen of the plastic and the way the fine terxtured lines break up the light communicate that scale texture of leather. The other paint apps he has fit the details of the character.

What else is needed there?

Comparatively, he's identical in treatment as the Toybiz Wolverine, and the ONLY POAs he's missing are the toes and the left hand finger POA. Is the loss of those a detriment to the figure?

I sure don't think so.

Now, that example is a good one, Hasbro DOES have some dogs........but so does Toybiz, and they have been cited many times before.

I don't think that Goliath, the bright yellow Sentry, Hulkbuster Iron Man, Spiderwoman, Pyro, Wasp, Scarlet Witch and a few others look like models either. Most of those have weaker paint apps, which seems to be the common failing with a lot of the stinkers in either line.

Personally, I have fixed the paint apps on about a half dozen Toybiz figures over time. and will probably do the same to an equal number of Hasbro figures.

ya but it seems like the recent hasbro toys just seem so unimpressive, while when toybiz was running it i couldn't wait for the next line, plus the hasbro figs (ex. Banshee ) have just solid colors with a lack of shadings or airbrushing, while a limited few (like your cyclops) are well done, what im getting at is that it seem that Hasbro is less consistent between good and bad figures, where toybiz seemed more consistent

ya but it seems like the recent hasbro toys just seem so unimpressive, while when toybiz was running it i couldn't wait for the next line, plus the hasbro figs (ex. Banshee ) have just solid colors with a lack of shadings or airbrushing, while a limited few (like your cyclops) are well done, what im getting at is that it seem that Hasbro is less consistent between good and bad figures, where toybiz seemed more consistent

Oh sure, there's some inconsistencies for sure.

Going back to your leading post, I don't think any of those things amount to Hasbro screwing the fans over. They HAVE made excellent figures in the overall line, but they have also been inconsistent overall too. That's something that may or may not change.

As far as impressions go.......there could be some "Marvel Legends fatigue" going on.

Lordy, there's been about 20+ waves since the first Toybiz one about 4-5 years ago--probably as many as 30 waves if you could the spin-offs like Spiderman Classics and such.

At an average of about 6-7 figures per wave...that's easily over 200-250+ figures to date.

Its a lot of coin to have slapped down for all those.

Add the changes to the line ( I do lament the loss of the comics myself) and yea, I can see how some folks are feeling "less impressed" with the Hasbro take on things.

Personally, I don't see things that way.

I look forward to the very idea of getting a Doc Samson figure, or a Savage She Hulk, or Black Bolt to add to my growing collection.

They are being made, they are coming....that excites me and sparks my keen interest in the line.

Nothing I've bought has been so bad that I want to toss it, nor can it not be saved with a little bit of hobby work ( which I have the skills to do) so even the "let-downs" don't let me down.

I'm only committing myself to get a few figures from the next wave. The BAF does not interest me, and the Punisher and Daredevil are both versions of the characters I do not like......so its just Black Bolt, Tigra and Nova for me. That'll be the first wave I have not bought all of since ML6.

Oh sure, there's some inconsistencies for sure.

Going back to your leading post, I don't think any of those things amount to Hasbro screwing the fans over. They HAVE made excellent figures in the overall line, but they have also been inconsistent overall too. That's something that may or may not change.

As far as impressions go.......there could be some "Marvel Legends fatigue" going on.

Lordy, there's been about 20+ waves since the first Toybiz one about 4-5 years ago--probably as many as 30 waves if you could the spin-offs like Spiderman Classics and such.

At an average of about 6-7 figures per wave...that's easily over 200-250+ figures to date.

Its a lot of coin to have slapped down for all those.

Add the changes to the line ( I do lament the loss of the comics myself) and yea, I can see how some folks are feeling "less impressed" with the Hasbro take on things.

Personally, I don't see things that way.

I look forward to the very idea of getting a Doc Samson figure, or a Savage She Hulk, or Black Bolt to add to my growing collection.

They are being made, they are coming....that excites me and sparks my keen interest in the line.

Nothing I've bought has been so bad that I want to toss it, nor can it not be saved with a little bit of hobby work ( which I have the skills to do) so even the "let-downs" don't let me down.

I'm only committing myself to get a few figures from the next wave. The BAF does not interest me, and the Punisher and Daredevil are both versions of the characters I do not like......so its just Black Bolt, Tigra and Nova for me. That'll be the first wave I have not bought all of since ML6.

ya, when i said "screwing" us over i also meant other things besides the product quality, like the dropping of the comic books, the raising of prices(forgivable though since its controlled by the oil companies), and even though every one blows it off, the rumors of legends being phased out of the hasbro production schedule for movie and classics (kinda like the recent fantastic four line and the upcoming hulk line), and just the difference between the communication of producer and consumer. For example, toybiz listened to the fans quality wise more than fan request wise, and hasbro while listening more to fan requests have not listened to the fans quality needs.

one thing ive noticed between hasbro and toybiz, is that the difference between the final prototypes and the actual released toys. toybiz would show great prototypes and when released there would only be little differences such as changed paints or something else small, but with hasbro the consumer figures are looking less like the prototypes, for example the prototype of the hasbro series 2 thor was amazing and was really true to the comic, but when it came out and i bought it they had changed the sculpt a little bit, took out some articulation in the arms and changed around his paint app, same is with the Juggernaut and with the newer series 3 figs such as the capt and colossus

"Obviously"??? Oh, really?

What's it like to be dead wrong?

HML 3 Astonishing Cyclops: Don't have it 'cause I don't want it. Horrible sculpt + horrible monotone plastic + horrible paint apps. = one sucky figure.

FF Legends Thing: Have it. It sucks. Day-glo orange plastic + tiny l'il head + weird, thick, protruding neck = one short, sucky figure that is not as good as the ML Wave 2 Thing (from Toy-Biz, BTW...)

FF Legends Doc Doom: Have it. It's over-rated. Decent sculpt + monotone plastics = one mediocre figure. Toy-Biz's ML Wave 2 Doom had superior detailing. Sorry, but it's a FACT.

Brood Queen: Hate the character, hated most of the wave, don't want the BAF. But the pieces I have are of the same monotone plastic that Hasbro prefers. Toy-Biz made great BAFs (except for Mojo)...Maybe you noticed??

Danger: Barf. Stupid character. Stupid figure. Poorly made.

Xorn: The guy with the teeny-weeny l'il Magneto head?? And the boring, monotone plastics? Oh yeah...That's a GREAT example of Hasbro's "artistry"...

FA Captain America: A decent sculpt that intentionally captures the cartoony, Golden-Age look of the 1940's Cap. But the monotone plastics are horrendous, especially the day-glow red boots and gloves.

Planet Hulk: Have it. This was a re-tooled Toy-Biz Hulk with a strange looking head, and...Monotone plastics. Every other Toy-Biz Hulk was better than this lame-ass figure that Hasbro hastily cobbled together.

Sorry, but again, you're dead wrong...and I'm 100% right.

Comparing Toy-Biz and Hasbro from an artistic POV is laughable, because Toy-Biz was FAR superior.

That's an indisputable fact.

#US1#

cyclops- it did a hell of a better job capturing the look of leather than ML8 storm, and it isnt a retooled namor or have a crappy light up head.

thing- the neck thing is a quirk of the art, not of the figure, and the height is due to them using marvel's official guides, so they cant take the full blame.

doom- has more articulation than ML2, and has a more relaistic sculpt. the paint on the green is flat, but the silver has airbrushing for depth.

brood- what is your definition of monotone? have you put it together, or seen some pics online? if not, then shut the hell up.

danger- IF YOU DONT LIKE THE CHARACTER, THEN DONT BUY THE EFFIN TOY AND STOP EFFIN COMPLAINING! also, being specific every once in a while instead of "bah, humbug" wouldnt hurt. whats crappy about the figure?

xorn- A) it was a toybiz sculpt B ) i already explained what happens whaen you do super detailed figures at those run numbers.

cap- im sorry, but were the crappy printing techs of that day making different shades of red? also, lets not forget iron man is the only FA figure toybiz has managed not to f*ck up.

p. hulk- again, what is your definition of monotone?

one last point to make before retiring for the night: ML1 cap? no scales? im sorry, if an aquaman figure from the friggin' 90s can have sculpted scales, so can cap from "one of the most artistic companies"

and the whole lack of comics thing is simple- toybiz got 'em free. hasbro would have to pay extra, driving the price up further. anyone else lack the fact we dont haev to use power tools to get to our toys anymore, and if we do leave 'em in their, its something nice to look at?

oh, and plastic is made for oil, which right about now is pretty damn expensive. also, it take more than one gallon of gas to get to california from china.

checkmate.

i think i got caught up. as for the whole grammar thing, like i said earlier, im lazy.

I guess it's really all about standards, then. Some are high, and some are low.

#US1#