This might be intresting to some people!

SpidermanClassics

So I kinda just posted about this already. But people already read and might not go back to re read so I just made it a new topic. Look what I found about the "Mcfarlane Spidey series 12"

"When this was introduced, many people called this a McFarlane Spidey re-do. However, over time, Jesse Falcon from Toy Biz confirmed that this is in fact the rendition of Campbell's artwork and hence the official "Campbell Spidey". But you know how fans are like, many insisted on calling this McF Spidey." (like me! haha)

Now I know some people might know this already, or its not new to some but to others it might be. But it seems the official Mcfarlane Spidey is Series 1. And this one (series 12) is Campbell Spidey according to Toy Biz. Ill still call series 12 Mcfarlane though. But I think every knew that series 1 spidey was after mcfarlane as well.

So I kinda just posted about this already. But people already read and might not go back to re read so I just made it a new topic. Look what I found about the "Mcfarlane Spidey series 12"

"When this was introduced, many people called this a McFarlane Spidey re-do. However, over time, Jesse Falcon from Toy Biz confirmed that this is in fact the rendition of Campbell's artwork and hence the official "Campbell Spidey". But you know how fans are like, many insisted on calling this McF Spidey." (like me! haha)

Now I know some people might know this already, or its not new to some but to others it might be. But it seems the official Mcfarlane Spidey is Series 1. And this one (series 12) is Campbell Spidey according to Toy Biz. Ill still call series 12 Mcfarlane though. But I think every knew that series 1 spidey was after mcfarlane as well.

gee... i didn't know that... i've always thought series 12 spidey was mcfarlane spidey...

gee... i didn't know that... i've always thought series 12 spidey was mcfarlane spidey...

Yeah I know. Thats cause we as fans were like no it looks/fits McFarlane better so we call it that. But thats not the official name or idea behind this figure says Toy Biz themselfs.

I've always considered the SC series 1 Spiderman to be a "Ron Lim" version of Spidey--because he drew the face as a almost featureless shape with the mask pattern laid on top--and he was one of the more prominent Spiderman artists around that time.

McFarlane and Campbell put some underlying structure to the face, notably the nose and the chin-which the SC 12 sculpt features.

I think its a case of whatever suits the eye of the beholder.

Normally when you quote someone or something, you put the source......otherwise why put quotation marks?

just saying. It'd be nice to know the source. At any rate I don't really care exactly what Spidey it represents, because I don't want anymore red and blue spideys, I'm happy with the three or four or five I've got.