Iron Man Figures at TRU

x-66

Found 'em today, got Mark one, two, and three! I left 'ol Monger so I can wait for the open cockpit version.

Anyhow, they are nice figures, but have some faults that are kinda obvious and should have been caught:

- Shoulder armor FLIES off if you move the arms outward. I've seen children playing with MLs before, and sometimes they just like to twist the articulation around. These shoulder peices are gona be lost instantly. Very odd choice considering that they haven't done shoulder armor like this in years. The six inch scale is more than big enough to mold those shoulder peices on there.

- As stated above, the wrist pegs are way too small. Mine are fine, but if they get stuck and you try to twist them they'll just twist right off.

Now that's just my complaints as far as these go as children's toys. As for my collector's complaints:

- Still going with those stupid hip joints that go up into the figure instead of into the side. The legs don't go very far forward either.

- Great backwards movement of the torso, but it doesn't move forward very far at all!

- Loose limbs on my Mark II, but that may just be a fluke on my particular figure.

On a whole, though, these figures are pretty dang nice and worth the hype I had been giving them when pics were rolling in. The sculpting is fantastic, the missile launchers are actually cool looking and I wouldn't mind using them in a pose, and the range of articulation is good for general play and well enough for posing. However, the problems they have are a bit glaring and I'm a little disapointed that these weren't caught testing. The only one I'm real big on is the shoudler armor, though. Clip on shoulder peices have always been a bad idea over the years, and I had figured we were done with them.

I am stilll Hunting! None yet today. I have a set of Marvel Movie figures,and am making room for Iron Man 3 and Wal-Mart's War Machine. I will wait for the Open Cockpit Iron Monger.

I as well found the Iron Man figures today....at a KB on the boulevard in philly. I ended up getting the prototype. He rocks and the only problem was the shoulder pads. What I did to fix it was on the shoulder of the figure theres two indents, one on the front and back of each shoulder. I put just a drop of super glue on there then put the shoulder pad in place. The pads can still move on the shoulder, but if you raise his arms, they will not come off.

I couldn't find mark 2 at all. Tomorrow for sure I'll be getting a Monger to go along with this one. I would've got him today, but I'm holding out for when I go out tomorrow. I did see monger though and he is huge and weighs alot too, he looks awesome.

Found 'em today, got Mark one, two, and three! I left 'ol Monger so I can wait for the open cockpit version.

Anyhow, they are nice figures, but have some faults that are kinda obvious and should have been caught:

- Shoulder armor FLIES off if you move the arms outward. I've seen children playing with MLs before, and sometimes they just like to twist the articulation around. These shoulder peices are gona be lost instantly. Very odd choice considering that they haven't done shoulder armor like this in years. The six inch scale is more than big enough to mold those shoulder peices on there.

- As stated above, the wrist pegs are way too small. Mine are fine, but if they get stuck and you try to twist them they'll just twist right off.

Now that's just my complaints as far as these go as children's toys. As for my collector's complaints:

- Still going with those stupid hip joints that go up into the figure instead of into the side. The legs don't go very far forward either.

- Great backwards movement of the torso, but it doesn't move forward very far at all!

- Loose limbs on my Mark II, but that may just be a fluke on my particular figure.

On a whole, though, these figures are pretty dang nice and worth the hype I had been giving them when pics were rolling in. The sculpting is fantastic, the missile launchers are actually cool looking and I wouldn't mind using them in a pose, and the range of articulation is good for general play and well enough for posing. However, the problems they have are a bit glaring and I'm a little disapointed that these weren't caught testing. The only one I'm real big on is the shoudler armor, though. Clip on shoulder peices have always been a bad idea over the years, and I had figured we were done with them.

My Mark II is a bit on the loose side too so it's not just you. They're still great figures and I'm glad I found them.

Cold calls are hard. The hunt is on!

yeah i got a few today too, i didn't bother to post since i knew one of you were going to get to it eventually. i held off on the prototype and mark II figures.

i noticed the twelve inch repulsor power iron man has two packaging variations... just a simple observation.

i gotta make a few runs to the walmarts and targets in the area for silver centurion and war machine. happy easter finds everyone.

The marvel Legends I found them at a comic shop for $2 bucks each and get the 3rd free!!!I bought all of them.

I found the Iron Man stuff In TRU 45 mins away from my house.I still need the exclusives.

ignore the other stuff

Hey spiderman skrull I found these at the TRU by the Florida Mall!!! hurry !

Picture357.jpg

Picture347.jpg

Picture349.jpg

Picture350.jpg

I just found them as well. They had two of everything except there was only one Mark 02 and one SHS (W/ Crimson Dynamo). I saw no Mark 01's or Iron Mongers, but I'm waiting for the one with the open hatch anyways. Awesome day.

IMG_3797.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

IMG_3799.jpg

dominick, why'd you buy 4 mark III's?

i can understand buying two iron monger's (one to open, one to keep MOC) or whatever...

no wonder some people have a hard time trying to find the figures they want.

be kind to your fellow collectors.

i can understand buying two iron monger's (one to open, one to keep MOC) or whatever...

2 for me and 2 for trade to any fellow member so I am thinking about them.

I can buy how many I want I work for it. right?:)^_^

Well, Target has thier exclusives out (red and silver) but nothing else! Strange. Anyhow, I picked 'em up 'cause I'm a sucker for red and silver. I feel a little silly though, since it's almost completely the same as the red and gold with silver replacing the gold. Ah well, red and silver looks awesome!

War Machine is next! Here's hoping I find 'em!

i would be happy if i saw an ironmonger, i have no chance of seeing warmachine their are no wallmarts around here, infact for thousands of miles, lol, :).

2 for me and 2 for trade to any fellow member so I am thinking about them.

I can buy how many I want I work for it. right?:)^_^

Nope dude, 2 figure limit per person for any figure whether your going to trade them or not. Nobody buys figures just to trade for something else :P

i work for my figures too.

these figures just hit the shelves so there's no telling how well the distribution will be for a few more weeks, but its such an eyesore to see someone cleaning out one store's entire stock.

like i said, i work for my figures, but i also work for the gas and for the car that i drive. if some guy bought all the figures at the nearest store just so he can gain some sort of profit off of them, and i knew about it, i'd be pretty peeved.

anyway, on a relative note, i love these iron man figures. hasbro has really stepped up their game.