3 3/4" Marvel Universe Figures

PolarisMistressofMagnetism

Since a lot of people seem excited about this line i was wondering who everyone hoped to see. Yes we'll most likely see the heavy hitters but who else

frankly, i don't think we need all the big guys at once so i'm just gonna throw a few in:

Fantastic 4: Torch, Thing Reed, Sue (Classic or Ultimate)

X-men: Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Angel, Beast (FA or John Byrne style)

Founding Avengers: Thor, Hulk, Wasp, Ant-man, Ironman (FA)

my line lacks villans but maybe we'll see some two-packs like Stars Wars and GI Joe

Xavier and Magneto

Super Skrull and Skrull Empress or Paibok or Lyja (sp)

Ultron and Vision

Well, I haven't seen ANYTHING yet from this proposed line, so I don't know what I'd ask for aside from articulation, and detailed sculpts. Once they give us an idea of what the figures themselves will look like, and how they intend to approach this ( assembled teams? Different era costumes??) then I could generate a want-list.

What I expect and what I hope for are two different things...

I'm sure the line is going to start off with the big names; Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Wolverine, Dr. Doom, Venom, Spider-Man, etc etc. Much like TB's Superhero Showdown figures, they're introducing a new line and want a broad appeal, not just a select fraction of the consumer market who would recognize more...obscure, I suppose...characters.

What I'd like to see? Hasbro's done a great job with offering "background characters" in the Star Wars line, figures that had no major impact in any of the films. Yet fans demanded them and fans got them. Hopefully, the big H goes in a similar direction and truly focuses on the "universe" aspect of the Marvel Universe line. Some of the figures I'd kill for...

- Pretty much anyone associated with Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest, huge fan of the Jack Kirby and Jim Starlin subset of characters.

- Cable

- Stryfe

- Nate Grey/X-Man (c'mon, haven't had a figure of him since the Most Wanted line)

- Odin

- Captain Marvel

- Kang

- Apocalypse

- Vulcan

- Belasco

- Gladiator

- Exodus

- Living Monolith

Just to name a few :D

im scared that the 6 inch line will dissapear so thats why im not keen on the idea of these waves, i know i wont buy them, i might buy storm but thats it, they wont go with my wave so im not wasting money, but if the marvel legends 6 inch continues then im ok.

3 3/4" Marvel Universe Figures, Who Do You Wanna see?
All of them.

3 3/4" Marvel Universe Figures, Who Do You Wanna see?
All of them.

That's my feeling, unless these are going to be of mediocre quality like Showdown, in which case I'll pass. Hopefully we'll see these at NYCC next month.

do we really need ANOTHER scale? i hope these bomb and hasblo focuses only on ML afterwards.

If this line really does make it to the light of day, I would like to see more than just first stringers. Don’t get me wrong, I would love new versions of the Superhero Showdown figures with sturdier joints and scaled correctly to each other. But, I would really love to see more diverse characters from the Marvel verse. I think it would be cool to get some Skrull figures with different powers or replaceable parts so that you can make them into your own Skrull Army. I would love to see the brotherhood characters like Toad, Blob, Pyro, Mystique, Avalanche and maybe a Brotherhood Rogue figure as well. Also, I would like to see some shield figures to pit against the X-men or the Brotherhood. I would love to see the X-Force Characters like Shatterstar, Cannon Ball, Domino, Warpath, Rictor and Sunspot. I would also love to get some X-Factor Characters like Havok, Strong guy, Multiple Man, Polaris, Boom Boom, and Wolfsbane. Also, Black Bolt and the Inhumans would be freaking sweet to get in 3 3/4 goodness.

With a smaller scale of figures, they can produce more figures in one wave than just 6 to 8 figures with a build a figure. They could produce play sets and vehicles. They could really spread out there theme of characters and reach more than just collectors and fans. This rumored line has potential, but I am not holding my breath at this point.

do we really need ANOTHER scale? i hope these bomb and hasblo focuses only on ML afterwards.

The main reason I'm psyked about the new scale is i have always loved GI Joe and Star Wars figures, i've been collecting them long before ML started. I loved Superhero Showdown and just wanted more cause they fit in so well with GI and SW which is like 90% of my figure collection. I also was gonna give my ML collection to my cousin (who collects ML, too) and focus on figures in the smaller scale.

do you think that the regualr legends 6 ich line will dissapear if these sell reall well, i hop not, but i would like to see the xmen done weel with these.

do you think that the regualr legends 6 ich line will dissapear if these sell reall well, i hop not, but i would like to see the xmen done weel with these.

WTH! 6 inch ML's will not disappear because of a new line. Stop posting FUD! :angry:

I definately think they shoule make Deadpool and the Punisher. Those ones would blend seemlessly with other uninverses.

I really do not think that they would get rid of Marvel legends. They may become more spread out in waves throughout the year. But , hell, they are already doing that. We have figures from Waves 1, 2, and 3 here in my neck of the woods. If anything, this line will be more of a filler line and it would be a line meant to appeal to the preteen to young teen crowd. We have the Marvel legends that are running $10 bucks, too damn expensive for an 8 year old getting a $5 allowance every two weeks. And, we have the Super Hero Squad that are too cute for an 8 year old that can afford them. I think a 3 3/4 line of marvel figures would be a sound investment for Hasbro at this point. Marvel has been losing money since Hasbro took over and Hasbro needs to find something fast to keep their sells up. I would like to see them made to fit in with the GI Joe style that is out now. But, I think it would be best that they try to make a happy medium between GI Joe and Star Wars. They will need to have leg joints similar to Joes. This way they can have more range than Star Wars and motion like a Joe. And, they will need to have the details of the Star Wars that makes a collector jump at the first chance of a new design of Luke or Vader. I do not know about anyone else, but if they made every Comic version of Wolverine in 3 3/4 with great Joint design and beautiful detail, I would snatch each one up in triplicate.

My only concern is the rumor that they want to make them into game pieces like the Superhero Showdown figures. I like the cards and the figures from Showdown, but I did not play one game with them and did not know anyone near me that would play the game with me. I really hope that they do not make them as game pieces and they just make them into figures to pose and play with. I think kids and collector will support the line fairly well.

Yeah, doubt that'll happen. You're talking about Hasbro, 1:18th is their bread and butter. If the initial wave(s) see some success, you can bet this new line and the Legends line will be their main focuses.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the 3 3/4" figures are more detailed than the 6" ML figures. Ya'know, if this line happens. Hurry up already, NYCC.