2008 SDCC Exclusive Marvel Legends Shanna-Kazar-Zabu Action Figure Box Set

JayC

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part, these look great, especially the facesculpts.

As just about everyone else has said, Zabu looks too cartoony. If it's true that it's a Sigma 6 repaint, that's certainly disappointing. But hey, at least it's a pretty sweet Ka-Zar and Shanna.

I hope these will be available at Hasbrotoyshop like the Stan Lee and She-Hulk exclusives were. There's nothing more insufferable than SDCC exclusives that are never sold again.

Sabu looks not so good (let's call it crap) they should scap it and start over, if they are trying to save move money buy using sigma six it is a bad idea. They can save money another way in my opinion, i love to pose my figures but i don't think i would have to much fun posing this. i would be happier if they just made a nice sculpt and then gave it a head/neck poa. Shanna looks great in my opinion and Kazar is ok, except the poa for ankle/shin (just below the knee) is for a figure with a boot not for a naked man (##$%$#s). That is a easy fix and i expect hasbro to atleast fix that. Hasbro is listening???? we will see....

Hmm.

I like them. I know it's popular to complain about the Zabu sculpt (not Sabu, someone should correct that), but honestly, it just strikes me as a different 'art style'. I've seen people display their Romita Spider-Man figure right next to the Ramos Green Goblin. It's a little weird that three figures sold together have no unifying art style look to them, but as far as the shelf goes, it's going to look no worse than my Weiringo Thing standing next to the Byrne Mr. Fantastic.

The only actual gripe that I have is that Ka-zar's shins have the folds of pants/boots... but that's a pretty minor thing in the long run as well.

(not Sabu, someone should correct that)

You know, thank you for that factoid. I could have sworn it was Zabu and in my original post I even wrote it as such, but then I double-checked the title of the thread and he was mentioned as "Sabu," so I edited it to an “S” instead. I was thinking to myself, too lazy to run it through a quick google search, “Man…I’ve been pronouncing it incorrectly for years.” Hah!

Kazar and Shanna look great. I hope the actually figures are close to them. The tiger definitely has some chunky shoulders. Perhaps that's just a stand-in. If not, so be it. I'll be getting that set.

I am excited about this series though shanna looks just like a custom someone here made a while ago of her, strange! I can't wait to pick this sucker up at sdcc & her accessorys are great as well ripped right out of the comic book!

shanacho.jpg

I'll definitely try to get this set. Yeah Zabu looks a bit cartoony, but whatever. The face sculpt for Shanna is very very good - looks quite like Frank Cho's art. The body sculpt at the... eh... chest... looks kinda awkward. Kazar's face sculpt isn't as good, but I like the ToyBiz articulation.

I'll definitely try to get this set. Yeah Zabu looks a bit cartoony, but whatever. The face sculpt for Shanna is very very good - looks quite like Frank Cho's art. The body sculpt at the... eh... chest... looks kinda awkward. Kazar's face sculpt isn't as good, but I like the ToyBiz articulation.

you know i think that the eason they're not bringing her out in a regular pack. i mean a big Chested bikini clad babe going out to children. that does seem right lol

People over at fwoosh(and myself) noticed that Ka-Zar is using the FO Punisher body, not a bad choice, it really is a good body, and Shanna is obviously savage She Hulk with some mods(or would it be the other way around? hmmmm)

Zabu being sigma 6 does look out of place, if he had fur sculpted i think he'd be fine, but being so smooth and such its kinda meh.

Shanna and Ka-Zar look really amazing... Zabu is somewhat a disappoinment... it looks out of place with shanna and ka-zar... but they're sold as a pack... and 2 good figs in a pack of 3 is not bad at all... i wish that they'd be available at the specialty/hobby shops here... i really want to have these figs...

and once again, hasbro has successfully made me excited with their future release... i think they're really starting to get better...

Looks pretty sweet! It's nice because it's something they could probably never release at retail. Ever. I just wish the sabertooth looked a bit less animated, and why do all of Hasbro's male heads look almost exactly alike?

Because those sculpts are made by Paul Harding. U can see his work at www.hardingstudios.com.

About this set...don´t know who they are, so, I don´t care.

While they do look very nice, I dont care to have them... they just are not characters I care about... kinda Marvel's take on Tarzan and Jane in my opinion.

I really like that Shanna, I want this pack for her alone. Kazar isnt bad, a little buffed out but no big. Zabu is kinda weird looking but I will pass judgment until I actually have a set. I do like this set alot better then the lawer she hulk from last year(Stan rocked so it was a half way score last year for me).

you know i think that the eason they're not bringing her out in a regular pack. i mean a big Chested bikini clad babe going out to children. that does seem right lol

yeah as to say a half naked white queen or black queen with a whip

or uhm... ???

:D

but yeah I can see where you are coming from someone at hasbro was already complaining about the artwork on the figure alone according to chos forums...

What I want to know is WHY they chose to go with the alternate/Ultimate version of these charecters who have only appeared in 12 or 13 issues instead of the 616 ones who have been around for decades. Personally I would have paid convention exclusive prices and made room in my displays for the charecters I knew, but not these artist specific versions that will barely be remembered 5 or 10 years from now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanna_the_She-Devil

"A blond, alternate-universe version of the character starred in the seven-issue miniseries Shanna, the She-Devil vol. 2 (April-Oct. 2005), writer-artist Frank Cho. This Shanna is the result of a genetic experiment and has superhuman strength and agility. One member of a scientific expedition that encountered her named her Shanna after the "comic book character".

The series was originally scheduled for release under Marvel's "mature readers" MAX imprint,[citation needed] but was reworked, with Cho eliminating its nudity before publication. Ir ran with a "PSR+" rating through issue #4, and a "Parental Advisory" rating afterward.

A four-issue sequel miniseries, Shanna The She-Devil: Survival of the Fittest (Oct. 2007 - Jan. 2008) by writers Justin Gray and James Palmiotti and penciler Khari Evans, featured this same alternate version of Shanna.

Shanna appears in ultimate form in issue #3 with ultimate Ka-Zar on the last page of Ultimates 3."