2008 SDCC Exclusive Marvel Legends Shanna-Kazar-Zabu Action Figure Box Set

JayC

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked to see more pictures to make a full critique but as a whole they look inconsistant. All 3 somewhat have 3 distinctive looks. Especially the tiger. The female looks pretty good, Kazaar looks a bit wierd. I just need to see more pix.

Looks pretty sweet! It's nice because it's something they could probably never release at retail. Ever. I just wish the sabertooth looked a bit less animated, and why do all of Hasbro's male heads look almost exactly alike?

i agree the tiger looks like something of a yu gi ow cartoon or someting, not impressede, ive changed my mind i actuall like these more and more i look at them, i wont be able to get them, but its good of hasbro to dive deeperinto the world of x men, im looking forward to sauron, garok, zeladain, all savageland figures, i think this is the only x men this year, but next year, im looking forward to a possible storm figure, fingers crossed, lol, so yes i actually like these figures, they have grown on me, and yes the female figures are getting better and better.

When Hasbro first announced this I thought of Sigma Six regarding Zabu. In all fairness, who else has done an articulated tiger? Toybiz didn't have any with this amount of articulation. These figures will eventually be at Hasbrotoyshop.com and I'll get them. I'll need to get some big dinosaurs to go with them. Maybe the old Jurrasic Park line will work. My son has a big T-Rex that I bought him years ago that's a start.

Looks pretty sweet! It's nice because it's something they could probably never release at retail. Ever. I just wish the sabertooth looked a bit less animated, and why do all of Hasbro's male heads look almost exactly alike?

i agree the tiger looks like something of a yu gi ow cartoon or someting, not impressede, i wont be getting them. we should have seen sauron.

i totally disagree with you in every way but your titled to your own opinion. WAY TO GO HASBRO!!! keep them coming, wow these have got to be the best looking female I've ever seen in ML both Toybiz and Hasbro! Keep them coming I can't wait till Polaris comes out I have no worries she will be a nice figure. What about Jean? Anyway I'm buying two of these. What about a remake of Deadpool and Sauron is a definate! Wow Im really impressed!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas to me! I can't wait to open them!

okay now im really looking forward to the SDCC. first time ever going it and i get these fantastic figures. these alone will make the trip worthwhile.

Shanna is gorgious can't wait for her. best out of the three.

Kazar is nice.

Zabu is a big surprise. i thought it would be more of a statue then a actual figure. Nice to see they can make animal figure as articular as the regular figure

all in all this make up for the total silence we've been having from hasbro.

Now I patiently await the "Shanna's articulation sucks, why can't she be like Kazar" comments...

Hopefully this shuts a few pieholes, these are some of the best sculpts Hasbro's put out thus far. Sure, scantily clad near-naked jungle warriors don't have a lot of detail to be focused on, but regardless, these are definitely sharp.

im amazed, im definitely by myself on this one, but im not really digging them that much. I think they look decent, however im not as much of a fan of any of the characters so that could be a biiiiig reason. But im DEF not digging how zabu looks totally different in style compared to shana and kazar.

I dont know why but whenever i see the first mold of a figure it sticks in my head, and kazar is IMO def daredevi/blackboltl from series 4's body... so i keep seeing that. But thats not a big deal since just about every toy company reuses molds(its cost efficient)... but for some reason it bugs me a bit... shanas face looks pretty damn good for a female... and im going to be the one that says not a fan of the weird knee joints still... .. really my only main gripe is how zabu looks.. not realistic and way off compared to the other 2... Its really nice that they are doing boxsets and the character selection is amazingly better.

Now I patiently await the "Shanna's articulation sucks, why can't she be like Kazar" comments...

Hopefully this shuts a few pieholes, these are some of the best sculpts Hasbro's put out thus far. Sure, scantily clad near-naked jungle warriors don't have a lot of detail to be focused on, but regardless, these are definitely sharp.

lol @loll@ yup you know those comments are coming, but in all seriousness these looks pretty good, not a fan of the characters but great sculpts specially Shanna's hasbro has come a long way in the female figure department.

Works for me. I like it save for the fact that zabu looks kinda animat....ed.....Like those 2 packs of sigma 6 joes and the animals from last year? I'm one of the few that welcome repiants and repaints from other series are fine as long as fit in right. I'll have to see this one in person now before i judge. Not that zabu isn't essential but they couln't have thrown in a jurassic park raptor or something instead or something?

Not bad. But not great, either. Then again, it's two people in loin-cloths and a bikini, so what do I expect, right?

But the tiger is HORRENDOUS. Looks like it's straight out of central casting at POKEMON.COM.

Aaaahhhhhh, Hasbro...By always disappointing, you never fail to disappoint. Perverse, but true.

#US1#

These look really fantastic. Hopefully they'll stay that way.

What the heck is up with Zabu? My god, that thing looks like it belongs with the new Spectacular Spider-Man animated series figures. It’s horrible! I can't display that with my ML's. It would stick out like a sore thumb. What on earth were they thinking? Way to go Hasbro, going the cheap route again. The figures themselves are decent though, but I don't find them amazing either. I'd rank them as about average. But Zabu was what I was most looking forward to…and they totally botched him. What a shame, but I’ve sadly gotten used to this with Hasbro. I’m fairly indifferent right now. I’m not sure if I’ll be willing to pay the ridiculous price that they’ll inevitably charge. Besides, lets fact front, they’re two nearly naked cave people. It’s nothing exhilarating. The sabertooth is the eye catcher, and ultimately it’s turned out to be more of an eyesore. I'm leaning more toward passing on this.

ive just shown my brother these figures, he said they were awfull, the tiger is the worst, i has good articulation by looks of it but no fur detail, its like a Mc donalds toy, they could do better, I WANT SAURON!!!