First Image Of Snake-Eyes From GIJoe Movie Online

The Wire

I don't really see how anyone can complain too much. Sure there are little details here and there from various SE figure versions we might want to see, but considering how the Transformers movie characters turned out I don't think we have anything to complain about here!

I don't care what anyone else says, but this design is so full of "win" that it hurts. Add to that the fact that it's already been thru the Hollywood sensationalizer and still came thru looking this good makes me even more happy with it. Now to sweat the rest of the designs.

Does this mean we're going to see another Alyosha custom pretty soon? ;)

I don't really see how anyone can complain too much. Sure there are little details here and there from various SE figure versions we might want to see, but considering how the Transformers movie characters turned out I don't think we have anything to complain about here!

Fair enough. I'm just glad it doesn't have nipples.

I believe SS and SE will look amazing! So far Snake-Eyes looks great and I couldn't be happier with Ray Parks and the casting for StormShadow but we will really know if the cast looks good when we see someone like The Baroness or Ripcord who don't wear any form of a mask or helmet.

Bring on the action figures. I want that Snake-Eyes

Heh...that's usually the first thing I think of when I see pics like this. It didn't initially occur to me we're gonna see an action figure of this down the line. Can't wait!!

Some of you guys might like this that I just whipped up while I should have been working:

Snake-Eyes_wallpaper-lr.jpg

here's the Hi-res

http://www.apachemills.com/Snake-Eyes_wallpaper.jpg

I like the look but I kind of wished they'd gone with the "commando" look more.

Thank you!

I've been looking for new wallpaper. :D

It reminds me of my Lifesize Snake Eyes Statue I made a few years ago:

snakefinal.jpg

This thing is actually in storage since I don't have much room since I moved... how much do you think I could get if I was to drop this on eBay next Summer? hahaha

Man, your home made life size Snakes is great! I'd almost hate to stand it by my night stand for fear of freaking out whislt heading groggily for a 2am potty break.

Now watch Hasbro completely shoot itself in the foot by releasing the Movie merchandise in 8" S6 scale...

They've pretty much confirmed they are going with 1:18 scale figures for the movie so they can do all the vehicles & playsets too. They are definitely going to go as cheap as they can get away with and 1:18 trumps 8" on that easily.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Joe Legends or even an Unleashed 360 version of the characters too though.

It reminds me of my Lifesize Snake Eyes Statue I made a few years ago:

snakefinal.jpg

This thing is actually in storage since I don't have much room since I moved... how much do you think I could get if I was to drop this on eBay next Summer? hahaha

If a single corn flake in the shape of the state of Illinois can go for $1350, you could ask for $10,000 for that mannequin.....and get it.

I guess I'm in the minority here. I don't like the looks of it... not for any fan boy-ish "NOT JOE ENOUGH FOR ME!!!" reason... just as a movie costume, I think it looks like one of the Ninja Turtle costumes painted black. Way too big in my opinion... 'Looks like Snake's been juicing. XD

Tom

Yeah, maybe I'm just spoiled with the way movies have been done in the past 10-15 years(or how far we've come when it comes to comic/toy movies).But.......it just kinda whispers "Power Rangers" to me for some reason.........I like it don't get me wrong and God knows it could have been WAY worse. I'm not really feeling the Batman type fake muscles.

I'm just being nitpicky......I'm not a huge Snake-Eyes fan (He's not in my top 5 Joe's or anything, I like him but I think he's used a little too much) or anything but so far it does look good.

For some reason it just looks like a really cool fan made costume to me.

Movie snakes looks very awsome.

Why does he hold his sword backards though? Bad director or secret Arashikage form?

Pictures hard master..."Right hand over left snakey, right over left!"

Hmmm...I'm no martial arts expert or anything, but isn't Ray Park pretty up to date on what's going on?

I mean, it's not like he played any part in Darth Maul's choreography in Star Wars: Episode 1, or knows anything about martial arts.

www.wikipedia.com

www.google.com

Look up Ray Park.

Sorry, I know I'm being an ass, but a man with movie credentials like him can hold a sword any way he pleases as far as I'm concerned...

Movie snakes looks very awsome.

Why does he hold his sword backards though? Bad director or secret Arashikage form?

Pictures hard master..."Right hand over left snakey, right over left!"

Hmmm...I'm no martial arts expert or anything, but isn't Ray Park pretty up to date on what's going on?

I mean, it's not like he played any part in Darth Maul's choreography in Star Wars: Episode 1, or knows anything about martial arts.

www.wikipedia.com

www.google.com

Look up Ray Park.

Sorry, I know I'm being an ass, but a man with movie credentials like him can hold a sword any way he pleases as far as I'm concerned...

I have a very basic knowledge of this stuff, and I was also taught that the right hand should be over the left, which makes sense once you start doing everything. It's kind of your guiding hand, which works well if you're right handed. Maybe he's left handed? Or maybe he has developed ambidextrous techniques? Of course, someone with his experience may just know something we don't, or it may just be that someone flipped the photo so that it goes from left to right, or he was just posed that way for what they thought would look good for a publicity shot. Nothing to get worked up over.

I was really just wondering if the comics had explained this. Several images from recent comic covers had Snakes holding the sword left over right as well. The Ray Parks pose mimics one of them shown in this thread.

In basic Japanese sword technique, there is only right over left. This is because if both swordsmen don't hold the same grip, many blocks don't work (you'd have to experience it to know why).

Could be Snakes was purposefully posed into a secret "unblock able" technique? They did the same kinds of things in Star Wars, putting tennis and baseball swings into the forms to ramp up the visual fun factor.

It’s what makes the ROTS and TPM light saber battles more visually exciting to most than ANH, where that one is the most authentic.

Nothing wrong with it. I was just wondering if there was any evidence of something purposeful.