First Image Of Snake-Eyes From GIJoe Movie Online

The Wire

What happened to all the post about the pic in the rumors thread?

Why do I keep getting the run-a-round? I've had the first scoop on a few items relating the movie, and if I put in the pinned rumor thread someone later comes along and makes a main thread talking about said scoop and it goes on. After that happened a couple times, I decided with my next scoop to make a main thread, it gets a few responses, then it gets locked and someone says it should be in the pinned rumor thread. So, I have the pic before iesb.net, aintitcool.com and put it in the pinned rumor thread. It looks like Hisstank.com might have had it before me, but that's not where I got it from. I got it from imdb.com. It receives several responses. Next thing I know all post relating to the pic are deleted, and then this thread pops up. If whichever mod would just PM me and explain I might be alright with it, like if someone with the movie says we shouldn't have had this info yet, but I never receive any explanations. It ain't cool.

Whew, I was just going to post this! There are two pics out now of Snake Eyes. It helps if the image is lightened up some, as I've done here. This is AMAZING. I can't wait to see him in action.

Snake_Eyes_large.jpg

joex-large.jpg

Whew, I was just going to post this! There are two pics out now of Snake Eyes. It helps if the image is lightened up some, as I've done here. This is AMAZING. I can't wait to see him in action.

Snake_Eyes_large.jpg

joex-large.jpg

Hmmm... I don't know. Looks to super heroish to me. The spandex just doesn't look right. I like the mask portion but otherwise he looks more like Spider-Man then Snake-Eyes to me.

Looks to comic accurate to be true! I actually would have liked a more realistic take on the char more than this, but what can is say? seeing it is great, reminds me of the DDP covers from back the comic's relaunch. Now let's see how well the other designs are! SE and Hawk look great, but what about Stormy or CC? Will duke look like a solider or another super-hero?

Snake_Eyes_large.jpg

joex-large.jpg

Hmmm... I don't know. Looks to super heroish to me. The spandex just doesn't look right. I like the mask portion but otherwise he looks more like Spider-Man then Snake-Eyes to me.

Over at hisstank, they (meaning someone who has seen these pics and more) were saying that it was more of a batman-esque body suit than spandex. I don't know. I really like it, but then again I'm easy to please!

Wow. I have been daydreaming about a G.I. Joe movie ever since I was eleven years old. And Snake-Eyes has always been my favorite character. So to see an actual production photo of my favorite character in complete costume for an actual movie release...it's almost too much for words. It really is like a dream and I can't believe I'm seeing what I'm seeing.

Having said that, I only have two very minor gripes. First is the issue of the Arishagikage(?) emblem on his upper right arm. Why the need to advertise that? It should be an obscure, mysterious tattoo on his forearm hidden under his sleeve, shouldn't it? But again it does make for an interesting and stark red symbol against the black (charcoal?) of his costume.

The other issue I have is the "Batman-esque" upper-bodysuit. One minute I love it, then the next it looks horribly fake to me. But then again, almost every figure of ol' Snakes seemed to sport a streamlined bodysuit, so they're not breaking precedence there. I'm sure it will look great in live-action sequences...

I like the webgear, and I like the realistic addition of combat fatigues/trousers for the pants. I just wish he had the frag grenades strapped across his chest like the original Version 2 Snake-Eyes. But maybe in reality they would be too cumbersome for a commando/ninja. I LOVE the visor though. And just knowing that it's Ray Park underneath there is undeniable evidence that there is justice in this world. (lol)

All in all, I'm still in complete awe at seeing a live-action Snake-Eyes for a major motion picture. The kid in me is estatic. I just hope the storyline is up-to-par for my adult sensibilities. Now I'm officially interested.

What happened to all the post about the pic in the rumors thread?

Why do I keep getting the run-a-round? I've had the first scoop on a few items relating the movie, and if I put in the pinned rumor thread someone later comes along and makes a main thread talking about said scoop and it goes on. After that happened a couple times, I decided with my next scoop to make a main thread, it gets a few responses, then it gets locked and someone says it should be in the pinned rumor thread. So, I have the pic before iesb.net, aintitcool.com and put it in the pinned rumor thread. It looks like Hisstank.com might have had it before me, but that's not where I got it from. I got it from imdb.com. It receives several responses. Next thing I know all post relating to the pic are deleted, and then this thread pops up. If whichever mod would just PM me and explain I might be alright with it, like if someone with the movie says we shouldn't have had this info yet, but I never receive any explanations. It ain't cool.

I made the posts invisible to make sure they were okay to post, wanted to make sure they weren't leaked photos or anything that would get TNI in trouble.. found out that they were legit and okay to post.. and now they're back..

but really, does it matter? The news is out there, and if you wanna get crabby about it, I didn't see you crediting your "source" in your initial post ;)

Nice work there, Glaken! Take out that "Real American Hero" logo and you could easily have yourself an official movie desktop background :)

I'll just be waiting to see how many signatures this image ends up in. It'll be the first step towards a complete about-face about the movie, "Transformers" all over again.

The only small thing that bothers me about his costume is that the upper half of it looks a tad too much like a Sigma 6 suit. The whole "rubber body armor" thing makes him look like he raided Batman's closet...

I guess I'm in the minority here. I don't like the looks of it... not for any fan boy-ish "NOT JOE ENOUGH FOR ME!!!" reason... just as a movie costume, I think it looks like one of the Ninja Turtle costumes painted black. Way too big in my opinion... 'Looks like Snake's been juicing. XD

Tom

WOOO man Snakes looks great, I'm glad they didn't go full body spandez with the outfit, its a little more realistic this way with fatigue pants.

Anybody upset about Ray Park being SE now? @smilepunch@

Have they posted pics of any of the other characters for the movie yet?

It's better than I expected but not as good as I had hoped. Just for Comparison:

e7f100bfb01ac4d94c8d0d8e79a48fab.jpg

The uniform above the waist looks like black skin. While it is a great tribute to the above image, in real life, I think this design below would have executed better, minus the head:

snakeeyes14.jpg

The detail on the uniform and shin and forearm guards are appealing to me.

I don't care what anyone else says, but this design is so full of "win" that it hurts. Add to that the fact that it's already been thru the Hollywood sensationalizer and still came thru looking this good makes me even more happy with it. Now to sweat the rest of the designs.