Will this Work?

DRS

My wife and I will be moving into our new house within the week, and I can't wait. One of the reasons is because we're both musicians and we will finally have our practice room where we can play all we want without having to worry too much about the neighbors. So here's what I'm planning to do, I'm going to set up my collection in our practice room (almost completely moc) to sound proof the room, or atleast block out most of the noise. Would this actually work though? I know that using egg cartons is another way to soundproof, but I'm not entierely sure, could anyone give me some advice on if this will actually work?

It can't hurt. Cardboard cardbacks have air in them and are layered pieces of paper so it should help and the bubbles would have tons of air in them so it should dampen the sound somewhat. I'd expect it to work as well as a thin blanket hung against the wall, many apartment dwellers know this helps with noisy neighbors lol. Personally I'd hang a bed sheet against the wall as backing for the cards. That way it would help keep the plastic on clamshells from vibrating against the wall and help on the spots of cardback not covered by plastic bubbles. Just don't expect the same kind of soundproofing you get from foam, egg cartons, thick mats, or heavy quilts on walls.

It will definitely help...............

What I suggest however as a musician myself, is to use this: (you could put all over the walls and then add your collection)

image006.jpg

It will definitely help...............

What I suggest however as a musician myself, is to use this: (you could put all over the walls and then add your collection)

image006.jpg

He stole my words, hehehe. You would have a sound proof room and kiack ass deco ;)

I had a problem a few years back with my friend neighbors when we would practice in his basment. It took alot but heres what we ended up useing to mute the majority of the sound. Carpets hung on the walls (we got it as a tip and it worked), eggsell foam of course, Action figures logicaly would work as they contian a small enclosed area that would trap sound and despence it blahh blahh blahh. Now i myself play bass in my room and have noticed that after about 5 years some of the figures around my bass amp were starting to open up. The glue looked as thow it might have been deteriorating or something. My only guess is that the vibrations thruout the walls had an effect on the figure. Their from a varity of brands so it's not the glue, nore are they under any harsh conditions and theirs no windows in my room and no smokeing so take it for what u will. I've also had the problem of the amp rattleing the tacks/nails out of the wall that hold my figures up thus causeing them to fall.

Thanks for the great advice guys, I now have a better idea of how to set up my practice/toy room.