Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2?

stormfan

I think in the game how it worked is you could get a huge amount of different outfits if you wanted and they had some ultimate stuff in there as well... I am not all too sure though as I don't have a xbov 360 so I have not even played the first one yet my self :(

I think in the game how it worked is you could get a huge amount of different outfits if you wanted and they had some ultimate stuff in there as well... I am not all too sure though as I don't have a xbov 360 so I have not even played the first one yet my self :(

I got the Windows version. Yep the Ultimate costumes seemed to be the default for a lot of the characters. Nick Fury wasn't though which was fine by me. I love the game. Since I got the Windows version the graphics depends on the video card you have. Plus there are lots of modders on the PC side who gave us some more characters to add on.

MUA2 will be released this fall.

Nice, I'll definitely buy it.

I just hope they make the game a little longer, and add more puzzles and strategy to the game.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance was too much like the X-Men Legends game. Different characters with the same gimmick. I hope they can redesign the game and add some more elements to it to make it seem fresh.

I was really looking forward to the Marvel mmorpg that was supposed to be released for gaming consoles at the end of this year. I don't remember what it was called now, and at the time I found out about it, all they had was a teaser trailer, but it looked promising.

I HATE MMORPG that have monthly extortionist fees. All you get in them are people who are farming points to no end.

MUA2 will be released this fall.

How do you know?

what i never got is, is this game set in the ULTIMATE universe? they have ultimate thor and cap, but not nick furry, or deadpool as there ultimate selves.

There were 4 (I think...been awhile since I played it) skins for each character. Depending on which skin you used, it gave you different character buffs.

All the activision marvel games (MUA, xmen legends 1-2) were all designed in the style of pretty much all action RPGs (i.e. champions of norrath, diablo 1-2, titan quest, etc.) where its the top down view or what some have called the 'god cam'. Some have also stated that they would rather have it like the punisher game or change the cam for behind the character view. If they did that, it would eliminate the 'team' idea and also limit the amount of charcters to choose from. Since they would be closer up, they would have to up the poly count and that would limit the processing power. It would be an interesting idea but i dont think they would do that. Also Activision is very well known for just spewing out carbon copy sequels that add new characters and areas but nothing else to the gameplay... look at about all the tony hawks up until 8.

Also some have stated about the game should look like the cinematic cutscenes. This in theory could happen, however with MUA1's situation they were working on all the versions at once, with the same ingame models from both last gen and next gen systems. They only added specular and bump maps to the models to make them look "better". Its an easy thing to do to a model to make it look nicer and ps2 cant support neither one. Also the cutscenes were also done by a different studio altogether. So they couldnt use the same models because they were hiring Blur to do the cutscenes to make it epic feeling.

I was disappointed in the random nasty cutscenes where they used the ingame models. They looked like butt on my 360. I hope that they up the poly count for the next gen systems versions for MUA2, i never had a problem with the god cam and i loved the character selection. I also hope for more downloadable characters as well. If they just up the character selection, improve the models poly count, and maybe make the chacters feel more diverse instead of making copy versions of some of the characters where they have pretty much the same damn moveslist except for 1 or 2 different ones.

I think the game will be sweet no matter what though.. so many more characters and stories to get into still.... thanos anyone? adam warlock?? awwwwww yeahhhhh

i remembered from the last MUA, Galactus is pissed because the heroes stole something from him, so that got me thinking, could Galactus be the main enemy here? could his heralds be involved too? or could some intergalactic foe/being be involved too like Thanos, Adam Warlock, dark phoenix, annihilus etc.?

also i want to see more characters from this one, and also i hope that villains would also be playable characters (well magneto,venom, sabretooth, doom was playable in the 360 version, but hey they aren't significant in the story, except for doom ofcourse)

i dont care what the story line is, i just hope its for ps2 with better graphics, i just want to see........

all original characters return

additional character

better graphics

different camera views

cooler looking powers (charger button poewer not collect power packs)

power stance like on marvel nemesis, hold power button they go into power mode, ie, storm white glowing eyes, wolverine claws out, ......ect

is it true its out this year??????????????

is it true its out this year??????????????

There havent even been screenshots of the game, so if that is true, expect it to be a carbon copy of what the past 3 games have been like... i.e. nothing what you are wanting will be in it... im doubting better graphics or different cameras are going to happen ... especially for the ps2 version. The camera view has been the same for the past 3 games, im not seeing them changing it for this next installment especially since its kind of the camera view that action RPGs use. They really cant get any better graphics wise with these games on the ps2. The system cant do enhancements like the 360 and ps3 can do. i.e. specularity and bump maps. And im saying that because that is all that was enhanced for the original MUA on PS3/360 compared to the PS2 versions. However if you look at the differences from xmen legends 2 to marvel ultimate alliance then i would expect the same amount of changes to go from MUA to MUA2. Like different character roster, i dont think they will keep the same lineup of characters but i definitely see that they keep most of them and have as much as they had in the original MUA. Also i wouldnt expect the powers to look any better only possibly alittle different if even that.

i think its kind of in the ultimate universe, like x-men legends 2 was kind of in the age of apocalpse universe. and while it wasn't their primary costume, you could unlock ultmate costumes for most of the charecters, including deadpool and fury.

personally i've loved everything about theese games, the only things i would ask for would to be able to play as sentry and punisher, beyond that i would even care if it was copy and past from MUA with a new story line.

the thing with these games is the power of the characters is never shown correctly, like in the movies for example cyclops charges his blasts then shoots he doesnt say im out of power in need to collect more power packs!!!!!

so i think you should be able to hold R2 or something and chanrge a power bar up for a couple of seconds instead of collecting powers packs.

also people like thor and storm also phoenix have long distance powers which never come across well, thor and storm are controlling the weather not summoning a little crappy swirl of wind the whole surroundings should change or at leats a small area around the character, a hurrican should be a hurricane not a little swirl that looks crap basically, and whats with the pants graphica on the lightning, it looks corny and cheep, so better graphics and take the character powers into consideration.

the thing with these games is the power of the characters is never shown correctly, like in the movies for example cyclops charges his blasts then shoots he doesnt say im out of power in need to collect more power packs!!!!!

so i think you should be able to hold R2 or something and chanrge a power bar up for a couple of seconds instead of collecting powers packs.

also people like thor and storm also phoenix have long distance powers which never come across well, thor and storm are controlling the weather not summoning a little crappy swirl of wind the whole surroundings should change or at leats a small area around the character, a hurrican should be a hurricane not a little swirl that looks crap basically, and whats with the pants graphica on the lightning, it looks corny and cheep, so better graphics and take the character powers into consideration.

Yeah, this is just me being picky, but that's a tornado, not a hurricane. @smilepunch@

lol :), i know but i though tornadoes come from the clouds and and huge and rip through building not the same size and a person and lift a few barrels.

Realistically they wont be able to make characters just charge up an attack unless they have "mana" to use. Its the same action RPG principle. Activision doesnt really change up principles and gameplay mechanics so drastically like that between releases. Like MUA has only been out for about a year or so and they like to push out update after update almost yearly. I would hope they would change up the gameplay like that. And who knows though, its going to be about another year before we get the sequel so there could be a crap ton of changes to make it not be so much of a copy of the action rpg genre's mechanics and allow new ones to flourish.

And you know they cant make one character who is normally way more powerful in the comics be more powerful than any of the other characters in the selection. So thor couldnt be more powerful and summon a crazy lightning storm engulfing the whole screen, unless all the characters could do something as similar in power.

Sorry to sound if i'm negative but i know how the game industry works and realistically how they do things for the most part.. figured id inform. All the things you are saying would be pretty cool to see.

do you think all the characters from the other game will return.

because i only have a ps2 i didt have the chance to see collosus, dr doom, cyclopse, hulk, or any of those so i hop the ps2 doesnt get forgotten as not everyone has the other game consoles.

i would imagine that some of the cast if not most of them will return.. however having a last gen system does limit what you will have. Something will be limited, be it graphics quality or content. So what would you rather have and what would you rather give up? graphics or content?

Besides, I thought I'd actually post news in this section rather than starting another stupid wish list or something.

This place has lost it's variety. I miss it.

Tell me about it.........its cause they have spread everything out.....I miss the ole' ADC when everything Marvel was in one section.

I thought this was fairly old news.......a couple months after the first one came out they announced that a sequel was in the works???

I just want to see some more characters........some people are going to be pissed at what I'm about to say but some characters really had no business being there........Storm, Moon Knight, Blade, Nightcrawler. some of those characters just don't belong IMO. The choice to have them is cool but I would rather have other characters in the place of some of the ones that they gave us. In a Marvel game I don't want a ton of X-characters.......thats what the X-men games are for.

Besides, I thought I'd actually post news in this section rather than starting another stupid wish list or something.

This place has lost it's variety. I miss it.

Tell me about it.........its cause they have spread everything out.....I miss the ole' ADC when everything Marvel was in one section.

I thought this was fairly old news.......a couple months after the first one came out they announced that a sequel was in the works???

I just want to see some more characters........some people are going to be pissed at what I'm about to say but some characters really had no business being there........Storm, Moon Knight, Blade, Nightcrawler. some of those characters just don't belong IMO. The choice to have them is cool but I would rather have other characters in the place of some of the ones that they gave us. In a Marvel game I don't want a ton of X-characters.......thats what the X-men games are for.

Well they're probably not going to make an X-Men game for awhile now that they've got the whole MUA thing going now. And besides, I don't appreciate your non x-characters in my Marvel games... @smilepunch@

MUA wasnt just all totally different obscure marvel characters from all over the marvel universe.. they tend to put alot POPULAR characters in there for everyone. Nightcrawler and storm are fairly popular i would think as well as wolverine and colossus. Plus they represent a very very popular chunk of the marvel universe. However there wasnt that many x-characters and there were plenty of avengers.

plus i wouldnt count on them being like hasbro and putting in alot of obscure characters that not everyone knows about. They are trying to attract the whole gaming community, not just we marvel nerds. (however some obscure characters would be cool)

i would rather better quality but the same characters.

aslong as you can be storm i will buy it, marvel is th whole mavel universe and x men is one of the most popular stoyrs to come from marvel so its only right to see the most popular x men characters, would like to see storm, wolverine, magneto, proffesor x, jean, cyclopse.

i didnt like iceman it should have been cyclopse or nightcrawler, someone more popular, i liked invisible woman but she should be abl to float on one of those disks like in the fantastic 4 cartoon.