Gi Joe?Cobra Uniforms

Valdin

http://www.speedytoys.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=1575

I have been a fan of Gi Joe Since it came out. I have always liked the characters, the uniforms, the battle armor and the vehicles. Since GiJoe has been out, I have never seen anyone get into costume back home in Pennsylvania, or where I am now in San Diego Ca. Since I have been here in Ca I have gone to the comic con, this year will be my third. Every year I see people in all kinds of awesome costumes, especially the Star Wars troops. I even thought about trying to join the 501st but didn't think I had the time or heart to join. GiJoe has always been my favorite. Has anyone here got into costume or know anyone who has? I don't know if it is popular enough to have its own Costumed Batallion. If there was one I think it would be cool to join. Since I have been out here I've wanted to make a good costume for either halloween or the comic con or both. It seems that more people dress up for the con than halloween though. Not sure if I'm going to the wrong areas for halloween, I'm still pretty new here. Anyway I kept thinking about trying to make a Zartan Costume, and found a bunch of possible items for it, but haven't found the whole set for my liking. This year I am thinking more of a Troop, like a Cobra Viper. I am looking around for the outfit peices, but am stuck on the faceplate. The link above looks like there would be some good ideas for the helmet itself, but I'm still not sure what to do about the faceplate. I looked all over the net for any kind of ideas and came up with nothing. Do you guys have any ideas on what I could use or should I can the whole Idea? I am thinking on trying to get something that would be comfortable and cool looking and not going to kill me with the heat cause it does get hot out here. Sometimes I wonder how those guys do that at the con considering thats got to be some heavy armor they are wearing, and with the helmets on, wow. Any ideas or anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

I hate it when people want to dress up as characters from TV or toons and don't do it right.

Don't use a MICH or any U.S. style tactical helmet. They do not fit in with any Cobra unit. If you're going to do it, craft your own helmet from something that looks close to what you're trying to emulate - in most cases, Biker helmets work best for the Viper. There was one made by an Italian company - forget the name by now - that looked spot on - even had a reflective 'mirror' lens.

I'm not ragging on you, I'm just saying - do it right. No one likes the guy who 'kind of' looks like that character from TV.

Tom

You know, I have the old Russian tanker headgear the Snow Serpent helmet was based on (Or they were actually wearing) and while I like it alot and don't mind throwing it on for a picture or something... I don't think there's anything I find more ridiculous than dressing up as a cartoon character... and I collect children's toys.

Tom

Wow, I am totally blown away by all this, all that is simply amazing, and I can't wait to get some of this stuff. Thank you for all the advice tom, and I know where your coming from with doing it right. My problem is I need to loose some weight so they will look better. Thank You all for the posts and links. My problem is that I've always bought store bought costumes, and hate them, they look so tacky. I love halloween and am really getting into the comic con, and would love to go to other cons. I see so many draculas and zombies cause I'm sure they are easiest for halloween, and want to do something different. What better way than to don a cobra uniform. I would really like to get some star wars armor too someday. Thanks again for the links, I am looking into it all with great awe!

Those helmets are awesome, ill keep looking on there for the other helmets to come on. Thanks again. Those pics for cobra cares are awesome as well. Hopefully I can join, I'm not sure if they come around here though. Where do they hold the dragon con or does it move around?

Sweet, that one is awesome. I am definetly thinking about getting one or a variety of them. God I wish I could get them all!! Unfortunalty I don't have a lot of cash for the higher ones, and girlfriend kind of gives me the look when I show her them. I'm thining about saving for a higher one down the road. You will have to let me know what you think of the one you ordered and post pics. I was at work yesterday just looking at all the pics in the media of cobracares.com from the conventions. That was so amazing. Are you in with the cobracares troop? How do you like being in the 501? That imperial outfit looks awesome. Did you custom make it or no?

I am really liking these Crimson Guard Uniforms

http://www.cobracares.com/imgs/dcon05/f/pages/066_jpg.htm

Thanks again for the links.

Also, when I get my tax return I am definetly going to order a helmet or two from the seller on ebay. Those look amazing. The Cobra commander helmet says as seen on g4. I am checking the site but don't see any videos featuring it. I'll have to check youtube when I get off work. I did see one of the skits they did dressed as destro and the baroness.

• 3 weeks later...

That looks pretty sweet bro!! You will most definetly need to post pics when it is complete!!

Yeah, but none of these beat Crystal Ball from '05, Raptor from '06 and the whole Cobra-la gang from '07 at JoeCon. ;)

Wow... Way to tell someone that their costume is crap.

I guess since mine is not as good I should just shitcan it now..

1st I modeled mine off his because he helped me with some questions I had (he is a fellow 501st member).

It is the same helmet

Same modified pattern

I don't slam others costumes because I KNOW what it takes to put together professional movie quality costumes (I have 5 registered in the 501st... and they are STRICT).

I don't think I will post pix here now that it is complete.

I think he is talking about the helmets on ebay, not you. I think you should put pics up on your costume because I really want to see it. Also, If commander in chief has pics of what he listed, I think he should post pics or links as well. Much appreciated!!

I think he is talking about the helmets on ebay, not you. I think you should put pics up on your costume because I really want to see it. Also, If commander in chief has pics of what he listed, I think he should post pics or links as well. Much appreciated!!

If he is talking about the helmets, the same company has made all of the CC helmets that have appeared within the past couple of years.

**IMAGES REMOVED BY USER**

I want one of those CG uniforms. I'd wear it every day. And dye my hair blonde. Any idea how much something like that would run me? (minus the dye job)

The CG uniforms are sweet. She is looking at making me one soon.

My wife and I discussed if she would ever make these (the CC) to sell and she said if someone is willing to pay the $350 price tag she will make one.

These are not like the crappy cheapo ones you can order. She puts a lot of care into her work and uses quality fabric.

I know she has a waiting list on Imperial Officer tunics right now too..

4 people have commissioned her for them.

And she has 2 jedi tunics to do as well.