temptation

hellion

anybody actually stole a figure because you didint want waste your moeny on it? just a simple yes or no answer will do. i know some F-head is gonne take this topic wrong and speak there mind.

its just I've been collecting only marvel legends or dc directs lately and gave up on the g.i.joe scene, but i came across some opened already g.i.joe 25th anniversary figures in my local store and it was just laying there LOOSE! I thought "hey maybe the guy that opened these up got caught?", but then i just ignored it and walked away. on the drive home, i kept saying "damn i shoudlve took it! it was already out of its damn packages". but then again, i dont wanna start collecting g.i.joe again cause this toy hobby is too damn expensive. anyhow, thanks for listening.

if your wondering what the loose figures were, they were: serpenter, lady jay, beach head, and a dreadknok. (all just lying loose on the the shelf ripped out of their packages)

anybody actually stole a figure because you didint want waste your moeny on it? just a simple yes or no answer will do. i know some F-head is gonne take this topic wrong and speak there mind.

its just I've been collecting only marvel legends or dc directs lately and gave up on the g.i.joe scene, but i came across some opened already g.i.joe 25th anniversary figures in my local store and it was just laying there LOOSE! I thought "hey maybe the guy that opened these up got caught?", but then i just ignored it and walked away. on the drive home, i kept saying "damn i shoudlve took it! it was already out of its damn packages". but then again, i dont wanna start collecting g.i.joe again cause this toy hobby is too damn expensive. anyhow, thanks for listening.

if your wondering what the loose figures were, they were: serpenter, lady jay, beach head, and a dreadknok. (all just lying loose on the the shelf ripped out of their packages)

lol, :), ive never been tempted to steal anything, so NO, lol, but i wish shops in my area actually did sell marvel legends and x men figures because ive saved bout £300 to spend on these figure but no where sells them.

i feel really guilty though i bought a mohawk storm of e bay, and want to open it but then its worth nothing open but i want to open it, WHAT DO I DOOOOOOOO, :(

lol, :) , ive never been tempted to steal anything, so NO, lol, but i wish shops in my area actually did sell marvel legends and x men figures because ive saved bout £300 to spend on these figure but no where sells them.

i feel really guilty though i bought a mohawk storm of e bay, and want to open it but then its worth nothing open but i want to open it, WHAT DO I DOOOOOOOO, :(

It depends. You'll have to decide what is worth more to you, having Storm out of the package or the value she might bring if you ever sell her. If you plan to never sell her, then the value doesn't matter.

A couple weeks ago I saw a Star Wars Power of The Force Boba Fett hanging on the pegs at Wal-Mart with the rest of the Star Wars 30th Anniversary figures. It was from 1994 or around there I think. It had no price or anything on it & I took it to a price check scanner & it wasn't in the system. It was like someone just left it there. It was so weird. I wanted to take it or at least ask one of the employees about it but I didn't b/c I wasn't that interested in it. It was so odd though.

its just I've been collecting only marvel legends or dc directs lately and gave up on the g.i.joe scene, but i came across some opened already g.i.joe 25th anniversary figures in my local store and it was just laying there LOOSE! I thought "hey maybe the guy that opened these up got caught?", but then i just ignored it and walked away. on the drive home, i kept saying "damn i shoudlve took it! it was already out of its damn packages". but then again, i dont wanna start collecting g.i.joe again cause this toy hobby is too damn expensive. anyhow, thanks for listening

No.

There's your simple answer.

Here's the not-so-simple answer:

Contemplating theft of anything is contemplating idiocy.

That's the long and short of it.......if you are thinking about stealing something, you are making a decision to be a moron. Not such a sexy idea when you look at it that way, right?

The toy costs.........what.........$5 or so? If you are caught, you could be prosecuted even for that little amount, or an the very least banned from the store and labelled (rightly) as a thief.

That can mean your whole lifestyle could have to change because you'd have to avoid that store, avoid the people that know you committed the theft, and find an alternate palce to shop.

The store owner might even contact the other store and warn them of you-that has been known to happen.

If you are prosecuted.....hey, a record of any kind can affect your life indefinitely. Jobs, education, finanical matters all can be impact by the decision to steal.

And you'd throw that all away for a $5 item? Look at it this way, its not just $5 its a whole lot of other costs attached to it.

If you are saying to yourself: "I should've took it", you are really saying: "I should've been completely stupid". Doesn't sound so great an idea that way, hmmn?

wasnt the power of the force line from around right after episode one?

POTF2 was around the time they released the special editions of the Original Trilogy and it ran from 95-2000. Power of the Jedi was the line that started up after Episode I in 2000.

Back on topic.

No. Never. Not in a million years. If I don't have the money for it then I don't need it. I want to collect a ton of different toy line, but I realize I'm not in the financial situation to afford it without seriously hurting myself in other aspects.

Plus, how embarrassing would it be for a grown man to get caught stealing a $5 kids toy? Adult collectors get a bad enough rap as it is without anymore stupidity thrown into the mix.

yeah i know it aint worth stealing and ruining your life, but i'm saying...someone already took the figures out of the packages. its not like the employess are gonna tape the damn thing back together. they prolly just through it away. anyhow, yep, stealing a toy aint worth sh*t. i mean, how the hell is it gonna look on the newspaper police blotter..."25 year old stealing loose g.i.joe". anyhow, thanks for the replies guys.

its just I've been collecting only marvel legends or dc directs lately and gave up on the g.i.joe scene, but i came across some opened already g.i.joe 25th anniversary figures in my local store and it was just laying there LOOSE! I thought "hey maybe the guy that opened these up got caught?", but then i just ignored it and walked away. on the drive home, i kept saying "damn i shoudlve took it! it was already out of its damn packages". but then again, i dont wanna start collecting g.i.joe again cause this toy hobby is too damn expensive. anyhow, thanks for listening

No.

There's your simple answer.

Here's the not-so-simple answer:

Contemplating theft of anything is contemplating idiocy.

That's the long and short of it.......if you are thinking about stealing something, you are making a decision to be a moron. Not such a sexy idea when you look at it that way, right?

The toy costs.........what.........$5 or so? If you are caught, you could be prosecuted even for that little amount, or an the very least banned from the store and labelled (rightly) as a thief.

That can mean your whole lifestyle could have to change because you'd have to avoid that store, avoid the people that know you committed the theft, and find an alternate palce to shop.

The store owner might even contact the other store and warn them of you-that has been known to happen.

If you are prosecuted.....hey, a record of any kind can affect your life indefinitely. Jobs, education, finanical matters all can be impact by the decision to steal.

And you'd throw that all away for a $5 item? Look at it this way, its not just $5 its a whole lot of other costs attached to it.

If you are saying to yourself: "I should've took it", you are really saying: "I should've been completely stupid". Doesn't sound so great an idea that way, hmmn?

That might be good motivation for some, but for myself, it would make my collection feel sour.

I'm proud of my toy collection, as it's something I've built up honestly, and worked hard for. Putting stolen goods in my collection would ruin that feeling for me.

Also, part of the reason I collect is for the nostalgic link to my childhood. I think of my childhood as one of the greater times in my life...back when there were no worries and my life was innocent. When I look at my toy collection, I'm reminded of that period in my life. I wouldn't want to associate it with something horrible that I had done.

It reminds me of a conversation I had with a co-worker the other day about the television show "The Moment of Truth." For those of you who don't know, contestants are given a polygraph, and then asked the same questions again on a game show, and the more questions they answer honestly, the more money they can win. The questions get more and more personal as the game goes on. A contestant on the show had been asked if they would cheat on their wife if no one would ever find out. He answered "no" and the polygraph revealed that he was telling the truth.

My co-worker was talking about this, and saying she couldn't believe that someone would not cheat on their spouse, under any circumstances, if the spouse wouldn't find out. When I informed her I wouldn't, she basically scoffed at me like I was an idiot, or lying. I explained to her it wouldn't matter to me if other people found out...what would matter the most is that I would know that I had done it, and that would be worse than any other consequences...having to live with the fact that I had cheated on my spouse, and compromised my own moral code.

Stealing is along those same lines. Knowing that I had stolen something, and broke my own values, would be worse than any other punishment that would come with it.

nope.

i look around my room and see hundreds and hundreds of dollars of merchandise that i've purchased with my own hard-earned money. if i stole everything instead of buying, i'd feel like such a scumbag, and a kleptomaniac.

wow, i really did spent a lot of money.

nope, but i do hide stuff to purchase later.

well this is something i'm actually proud to admit i've done. if i dont have the money yet or with me, i'll hide the figures somewhere in another aisle. sometimes i see other figures hidden from somebody else and laugh and just put it back.

stashers and thieves should frankly all have there hands chopped off or at least get a big tatie on there face saying they are a thief so store owners can know to kick them out or keep an eye on them :P

Now... I don't care if you stash something for a while and get you're cash up and then go back and buy it at the same cost it was at its the guys that go and stash stuff till it goes on sale for a buck 50 or less that may as well just out right steal em

Apparent F-head chiming in.

The answer is "NO". I've never been tempted to steal a loose figure in a store.

Additionally, I've never been tempted to rationalize the concept of theft, as in:

"hey maybe the guy that opened these up got caught?...damn i shoudlve took it! it was already out of its damn packages".

I'm willing to bet that if someone was at your home, and grabbed one of your loose figures (after all "it was already out of its damn package..."), you wouldn't be having these conflicted thoughts. You'd want that person caught, and you'd want them punished.

Ultimately, you made the right decision. Don't agonize over it. Stealing is wrong; that's why it's a sin (and let's not get into the "suppose"-type scenarios where you need to steal a loaf of bread to feed your family...that ain't what we're talkin' about.)

Apparent F-head signing off.

#US1#

Oh, and one more thing from the apparent F-head:

Stashing stinks. If you don't have the $$ to buy a figure, leave it for someone else.

I'm committed to thwarting the objectives of "stashers" nationwide. Whenever I see someone "stashing", regardless of whether it's something I'm even remotely interested in or not, I make sure and put it back on the shelf.

Buy it, or walk away, and leave it for someone else.

BEST ANTI-STASHER STORY:

A buddy phoned me at work from WalMart. He said he witnessed a WalMart employee grab an entire case of LEGENDS FACE-OFFS, WAVE 1 off of the pallet, and stash it in a "Kidz Wear" section. He innocently followed behind her with his shopping cart, pretending to look for diapers. She got on her cell-phone to brag about her "coup" with a friend, and when she turned around, she saw my buddy unload the entire "stashed" case into his shopping cart. Her jaw hit the floor...she told her friend "Damnit! Never mind..."

Priceless.

Stashing stinks.