Those Good Or Great Deals

madman1366

So remember that time you got a pretty good or a great deal on some TF's somewhere?

How good do those deals look now?

I was looking for some TF's recently and I keep coming up on figs wilth bids that make go.. #WTF#

I'm talking some one time shelf warmers now going well over their original retail price. So I looked up a few things that I got some really good deals on and it was quite a surprise.

Alternators:

Decepticharge for $9 on clearance at TRU a little over a year ago. Now, I've seen them go between $60-$100.

Sunstreaker, Prime, Mirage, and Jazz for $10 each at Meijers. Those are ranging between $30-$60.

Prowl for $9 on clearance at Walmart now $40-$60.

Energon Ultra Magnus I think I got for $19.99 at a Target when it was already selling for $80+ on ebay now I've seen them go for $150.

Galaxy Convoy/Sonic Convoy clear giftet w/Cody Ramble, GF Vector Prime, yellow and blue Ramble for $190 shipped. Perhaps the best deal I've ever got.

The Convoy set I've only been able to find on ebay stores for $250, I paid $90. GF Vector Prime I paid $20, don't know what that's goin for. And I bought the Rambles for $40 for both. The blue one at that time was getting over $50 alone and I can't remember the last time I saw one to get an idea. I think the last one I saw went for near $100. The rest was for shipping, but they arrived from Japan before I even knew they had been sent! Now THAT was service!!!

Of course this only a few of what I'm sure are some other goodies that I have and need to unearth. I can also think of some great deals I passed up on in the past that could have been insane if I got them. I could have had 3 black Energon Unicrons for $50 and now I've seen some selling for $100+ each. If I wasn't broke at the time I might have like 12 of them right now.

Now before anyone suggests anything otherwise let me say that I only sell off extras that I had intended for trade or gifts that builds up too long. I only sell when it's to get money for other figures or in the event of emergencies when I may need to come up with some money, otherwise they stay in my collection.

I scored a minor nice deal on ebay and just received the figs today.

The seller had a MOSC E-Towline and Strongarm starting at $1.99 but had Offshoot and Ravage pictured. I'm betting that scared off most potential buyers. However I looked and saw that the seller had those two listed in another auction and knew right away that they just forgot to change the pics.

So I bid on it and won them for $1.99.

I'm looking for more towlines for repainting if anyone has any extras. I think I'll just use my open one that I have for repainting and I'll just keep this new one as-is for now.

As for the one that got away.....

Brace yourself for this one! I think I fell asleep and missed the close of this auction. @bH@

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=004

I got a big cardboard box with the original versions of Waspinator, Cheetor, Razorbeast, Tarantulas, Iguanus, Bat Primal, Alligator Megs and a mostly complete G2 Laser Prime for $20 at a flea market once.

Well, I guess we're the only two that ever got a great deal on some figs then. :P