What's with all the hate?!?!

clonekiller72

Heres MY thoughts for those of you that dont live in the U.S.... you have a hobby thats not based out of your native country... suck up the fact thats its not from your native country and BUY THE DAMN TOYS ONLINE AND QUIT FRIGGIN WHINING ABOUT YOUR INABILITY TO BUY THEM IN YOUR COUNTRY!!! If you want to #$#@# and cry about it, do it to Hasbro!!!

I'm trying to get a new apartment... but if you paypal me the loot I'll ship any figure to the UK as long as I get a couple of those LDM clips, maybe Kerry Marie and definitely Nicole Peters!!!

what's with all the hate?

did you ever try to determine where all the hate come from?

what started this and triggered all this?

well, all the hate came from the hasbro-haters and the hasbro-bashers... there's a fine line between stating your opinion and being an irresponsible post-happy very-impossible-to-satisfy kind of whiner...

the others of us here are just trying to protect and salvage what little good and fun is left of this forum... this place has changed so much...

Heh, thats funny. I remember the good old days of Toy Biz Marvel Legends when the forums were nothing but sunshine, flowers, and fuzzy bunnies. No, no, thats not right. It was still the same pissing and moaning, but about something else. Before the Hasbro- bashers there were the Toy Biz-bashers (and I have on occasion seen Toy Biz bashers talk about how Hasbro has ruined the line and they miss the infallible Toy Biz.) People always want something that holds up to their scrutinized level of detail and will find fault in the good and the bad.

There is nothing wrong with hate as long as it is directed properly. No one is stupid for liking or disliking Hasbro or Toy Biz. It is the rampant mud-slinging and name calling that is asinine and unnecessary.

Jesse said it himself... in an interview on this very site!

It's so like Watchmen... IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED!!!

It turns out that Wave 3 of Legendary Comic Book Heroes will not be released and that the line is done. Jesse went on to tell us that even though sales were good, Marvel Toys decided to pull the plug so they could concentrate more on working with outside vendors like Hasbro. Jesse was very excited about what was coming down the pipeline and believes that collectors and fans will be very happy come the New York Comic-Con and San Diego Comic Con this year.

http://www.toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=267&itemid=12532

Done.

Fairly certain it wasn't what Jesse IS doing he wanted you to prove (that is known fact) - it was the motives behind Jesse and crew's actions. The claim in question was : I love the fact that all of these HATERS have caused Jesse & Co. to work with "The Bro".

Man i love you guys..... its enjoyable to read as alot of you have extremely valid points that i agree with. When i want to post something of my opinion its already been said! And just a way of shutting off the hate and adding some awesomeness, i just want to say you all are great people.. mostly because you like toys just like me!! So much so that you talk and debate about them just, again just like myself.. Its why i love TNI so much..

also i would like to say well said by both clonekiller72 and ARROW. some of the best reads i ve had on this forum. Also i would like to welcome clonekiller72 to the forum! Please feel free to say whatever you want and you ll at least have one person to back you up if someone gives you crap about your opinion! (as long as it isnt offensive of course)

Thanks, Nice to be welcomed.

I agree with the idea that a bunch of deeply caring fans are simply venting frustration regarding the relative lack of new news. I myself would love a Hasbro Podcast right about now, but that's not a reason to become insulting and crass.

No matter what side of the line you're on, I think we all love Marvel, and the Legends that either are or once were.

Peace, pa'ce and all that.....

Here's to a return of the legends!

I love the fact that all of these HATERS have caused Jesse & Co. to work with "The Bro" on a daily basis, so our ML in 2009 will finally be on par with nothing we've ever seen!

Oh, I'm waiting for you to prove THAT claim.

Jesse said it himself... in an interview on this very site!

It's so like Watchmen... IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED!!!

It turns out that Wave 3 of Legendary Comic Book Heroes will not be released and that the line is done. Jesse went on to tell us that even though sales were good, Marvel Toys decided to pull the plug so they could concentrate more on working with outside vendors like Hasbro. Jesse was very excited about what was coming down the pipeline and believes that collectors and fans will be very happy come the New York Comic-Con and San Diego Comic Con this year.

http://www.toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=267&itemid=12532

Done.

He did NOT say that the complainers have caused him to be hired on at Hasbro. Its not a fact if its not supportable, and that claim is not supportable. Marvel Toys was competing against its own license, and that made no business sense. Rather than let go of the staoff or turn them on to other projects at Marvel Toys, they apparently decided to outsource them to Hasbro to work on a brand they have experience with.

The discussion in threrads like this can do without spurious claims.

Sometimes what isn't said is just as clear as what is said... What do you think happened?!

There is no clear link between the two, but, how else could it have come about?

The podcasts have been minimized, and more and more detractors are popping up. You know "The Bro" views these boards... could they have possibly done something to stop the bleeding?

Just because they didn't come out and clearly state; "We're bringing Jesse and Co. back, don't give up on us guys" Doesn't mean that wasn't the goal?!

yeah i join this forum cause im new to this toy hobby of mine, and i'll admit there is some "hate" that i noticed. hell, i've been told off a couple of times for just speaking my mind. but i respect where your coming from.

anyways, who cares who has the most figures or why hasbro isnt doing a good job like toybiz, who cares if there are scalpers, people that collect stuff and keep'em inside the boxed, or if some guy's custom work sucks. blah blah blah blah blah

Sometimes what isn't said is just as clear as what is said... What do you think happened?!

The podcasts have been minimized, and more and more detractors are popping up. You know "The Bro" views these boards... could they have possibly done something to stop the bleeding?

Just because they didn't come out and clearly state; "We're bringing Jesse and Co. back, don't give up on us guys" Doesn't mean that wasn't the goal?!

If there's "no clear link" then its not a fact, is it?

No, it means you are drawing conclusions where there's no supportable facts. You are making ASSUMPTIONS based on your own desires.

Its like a 9/11 conspiracy theorist convinced that missiles hit the Pentagon and they fabricate "evidence" and suppositions to support their claim.

You're making assumptions all across the board: that Hasbro is thinking the line is "bleeding", that they are viewing this forum on a regular basis, that fewer podcasts mean Hasbro is relucatant to face the public etc. etc. etc.

Go with what is ACTUALLY happening.

Is the line failing? We don't know.

Is Hasbro rethinking their approach for Marvel Legends? We don't know.

Were Jesse Falcon and co. brought in to save Hasbro's ass on ML.? We don't know.

See how refreshing and liberating actual knowledge ( or LACK of it) is? No guessing, no BS--just dealing with what really is--not what we want things to be.

We'll find out the answers to those questions, and more, when they come out-- which will happen sooner or later.

Seriously, if that doesn't work for you......then just go ahead and make up total garbage. Y'know........stuff like"

"Hey, didya hear that they Hasbro is gonna turn Mr Potato Head into a MARVEL LEGEND???? Yeaaa, they are gonna scale him with Deadpool and a naked Storm figure and lots of guns and a HUGE New York City Playset that'll cover 100 sq feet and cost only $10.

Its true, I swear!".

<cough>

Look, this isn't about having an "opinion", its about spewing crap. You might think the line is failing.....but the line might be doing very well for Hasbro. You are basing your observation on your wants as a fan, Hasbro is basing it on units sold.

You can swear up and down the line is bleeding and everyone is hating it, but its just blowing smoke out one's ass--when the truth is...you don't know.

I don't even know, but I'm intelligent enough to know that assumptions do not get me anywhere and I deal with information as it comes to me from the actual source--not some imagination from the ether.

And just to humor you--let's answer your question with a different "logical" assumption:

"There is no clear link between the two, but, how else could it have come about?"

How? Companies hire former talent on creative projects to work on new and similar projects......simply because they bring to the new project some of the ideas they never got to employ in the old. They can be brought on to act as consultants or actual team members churning out new creative material. Rather than re-invent the wheel constantly, they ask the old guard how they solved problems, or what they intended to use to create certain characters. They can ask what character rosters they had planned in their heads and what BAF options they had considered.

This can be all in the matter of just keeping the line fresh and on-going, and not because of any dire doom about to befall it.

I've been brought in on projects in just such a manner, and it was for reasons very similar to the above that it came about.

See? There's another perspective that you probably have not considered before.......and its an apporach that works just as well as assuming that things are going to hell in a handbasket.

You want to believe things are going to crap--then they will, based on what you WANT to percieve. The opposite applies as well and, believe it or not, so does simply waiting for actual answers to come forward and give you the honest truth.

( and some people are so wrapped up in their biased they don't even accept that)

If there's "no clear link" then its not a fact, is it?

No, it means you are drawing conclusions where there's no supportable facts. You are making ASSUMPTIONS based on your own desires.

Its like a 9/11 conspiracy theorist convinced that missiles hit the Pentagon and they fabricate "evidence" and suppositions to support their claim.

You're making assumptions all across the board: that Hasbro is thinking the line is "bleeding", that they are viewing this forum on a regular basis, that fewer podcasts mean Hasbro is relucatant to face the public etc. etc. etc.

Go with what is ACTUALLY happening.

Is the line failing? We don't know.

Is Hasbro rethinking their approach for Marvel Legends? We don't know.

Were Jesse Falcon and co. brought in to save Hasbro's ass on ML.? We don't know.

See how refreshing and liberating actual knowledge ( or LACK of it) is? No guessing, no BS--just dealing with what really is--not what we want things to be.

We'll find out the answers to those questions, and more, when they come out-- which will happen sooner or later.

Seriously, if that doesn't work for you......then just go ahead and make up total garbage. Y'know........stuff like"

"Hey, didya hear that they Hasbro is gonna turn Mr Potato Head into a MARVEL LEGEND???? Yeaaa, they are gonna scale him with Deadpool and a naked Storm figure and lots of guns and a HUGE New York City Playset that'll cover 100 sq feet and cost only $10.

Its true, I swear!".

<cough>

Look, this isn't about having an "opinion", its about spewing crap. You might think the line is failing.....but the line might be doing very well for Hasbro. You are basing your observation on your wants as a fan, Hasbro is basing it on units sold.

You can swear up and down the line is bleeding and everyone is hating it, but its just blowing smoke out one's ass--when the truth is...you don't know.

I don't even know, but I'm intelligent enough to know that assumptions do not get me anywhere and I deal with information as it comes to me from the actual source--not some imagination from the ether.

And just to humor you--let's answer your question with a different "logical" assumption:

"There is no clear link between the two, but, how else could it have come about?"

How? Companies hire former talent on creative projects to work on new and similar projects......simply because they bring to the new project some of the ideas they never got to employ in the old. They can be brought on to act as consultants or actual team members churning out new creative material. Rather than re-invent the wheel constantly, they ask the old guard how they solved problems, or what they intended to use to create certain characters. They can ask what character rosters they had planned in their heads and what BAF options they had considered.

This can be all in the matter of just keeping the line fresh and on-going, and not because of any dire doom about to befall it.

I've been brought in on projects in just such a manner, and it was for reasons very similar to the above that it came about.

See? There's another perspective that you probably have not considered before.......and its an apporach that works just as well as assuming that things are going to hell in a handbasket.

You want to believe things are going to crap--then they will, based on what you WANT to percieve. The opposite applies as well and, believe it or not, so does simply waiting for actual answers to come forward and give you the honest truth.

( and some people are so wrapped up in their biased they don't even accept that)

I like how this started out as sayinng to stop fighting, and now look what it turned into! Hi-larious @loll@

I agree with just about everyone here. How, You say?

The haters are right about the lack of quality and Information, the lovers are right that we have to wait and see. That's what sucks the most, and why the arguments progress on these boards.

Yes, fact is better than speculation, but I do agree with the theory that Hasbro has had to call in outside help, and that they went right for experiance in (hopefully) Jesse Falcon and Marvel Toys. Personally, I think Marvel Toys will be sub-contracted by Hasbro to put thier dormant production lines into use FOR Hasbro. Marvel Toys has lost LCBH and thier wrestling line, so they have production space, and the experiance to see it thru. This way Hasbro can devote thier already stretched resources to thier own "hot" lines of GI Joe, Transformers, Star Wars, and probably the movie lines of IM & Hulk, plus the newbie Indiana Jones line. With all these separate line doing really well right now, the possible lack of production space, and the negative speculation from retailers and fans alike, maybe Hasbro might outsouce prodution on Marvel products.

Is this all speculation, Hell Yes! Thanks to the "Marvel Toy Blackout of 2008" speculation is all we have. I'll take the speculation, over the negativity any day.

Everyone here loves the legends in theory, application is a differant story. And what ever camp you're in, the goal is common. Get quality toys that please fans with a good variety of characters. Of coarse there are variables that make us all individuals, thus we choose to pick our own "battles" on the toy front. Hence, all the arguments on this board.

It's really hard to not take something you care about personnally, but to start thrashing fellow collectors weakens the fan base, and thusly the line.

I hope beyond hope that Hasbro is reading these threads, cause there are alot of dedicated, dare I say rabid, fans (or is that fanatics) that seem to care more than Hasbro does. Heck, I just got a Hasbro Catalogue, and there wasn't a Legend in it. Definetly not the backing of the line I was looking for.

I just hope that the line continues, cause I fear that Hasbro would much rather make the line "thier own", and re-start it. Whether that be 3 3/4 or 8 inch it would be thiers and there would be less comparison to Toy Biz of old, which I'm sure would be a relief to thier production teams.

Anyway, I suggest we all find our favorite figure from each manufacturer and hug them. Maybe that love, will dull the hate!

Yes, fact is better than speculation, but I do agree with the theory that Hasbro has had to call in outside help, and that they went right for experiance in (hopefully) Jesse Falcon and Marvel Toys. Personally, I think Marvel Toys will be sub-contracted by Hasbro to put thier dormant production lines into use FOR Hasbro. Marvel Toys has lost LCBH and thier wrestling line, so they have production space, and the experiance to see it thru.

See, here's where some mistakes get made.

Toybiz and Marvel Toys have no production lines.

They sub-contract out all that work. The Toybiz/Marvel Toys offices basically function as a "editorial suite" and "idea shop". All the creative/production work they handle is outsourced.

They have no production "space" at all and never have.

IIRC, the Toybiz offices were actually in the same building where Marvel Comics are published--it was just considered a different division.

Those ARE facts--they have been stated by folks like Falcon and others involved in Toybiz/Marvel Toys.

Yes, fact is better than speculation, but I do agree with the theory that Hasbro has had to call in outside help, and that they went right for experiance in (hopefully) Jesse Falcon and Marvel Toys. Personally, I think Marvel Toys will be sub-contracted by Hasbro to put thier dormant production lines into use FOR Hasbro. Marvel Toys has lost LCBH and thier wrestling line, so they have production space, and the experiance to see it thru.

See, here's where some mistakes get made.

Toybiz and Marvel Toys have no production lines.

They sub-contract out all that work. The Toybiz/Marvel Toys offices basically function as a "editorial suite" and "idea shop". All the creative/production work they handle is outsourced.

They have no production "space" at all and never have.

IIRC, the Toybiz offices were actually in the same building where Marvel Comics are published--it was just considered a different division.

Those ARE facts--they have been stated by folks like Falcon and others involved in Toybiz/Marvel Toys.

True, but not the whole truth. There are two Marvel Toys. Toy Biz Inc, and Toy Biz Worldwide, there is also a production contract with Grand Toys Inc, which does production for said "offices" in NY and Jersey. One company plans, the other produces internationally. Jesse and the boys are in NYC in the offices you've mentioned.

Who do you think actually produced Toy Biz merch, LCBH, and whatever wrestling it is they produce? (TNA? I don't watch any wrestling.)

The outsourcing you refer to is Grand Toys, which Toy Biz worldwide used to produce under, which owns production facilities in China (under many different names) and the US. So while technically this may be considered outsourcing, it is within "the company's umbrella".

So i suppose what I'm trying to say is that they have production lines available, where Hasbro due to ramped up production may not. We've been hearing about all kinds of Hasbro production delays, and having to switch Star Wars production for Indy, having to make room for the Marvel that They allready produce, which was already streching production lines.

All of these are factors, why Hasbro SHOULD do some outsourcing. Send the Legends to Grand Toys, and use those production facilities to play catch up, as well as give the job to someone who knows how to properly manufacture the "customer approved" Product.

This would be an ammicable solution to Hasbro fans and Old school fans alike. Hasbro would probably still make money, and be in control, but have to deal with alot less scheduling hassle.

It's like paramount pictures shooting a movie on Universal lot, it happens and everyone walks away happy and with money in thier pocket.

Toybiz World-wide was the distribruting arm of Toybiz. They outsourced to independant factories in the far east which is why there was a problem with TBWW, when they didn't pay some of those factories.

This is why there wasn't any cross-over use between the TNA wreslting figure bodies and the Marvel Legends--they were made at separate factories. Had they been under dedicated Toybiz facilties, they would have used parts of the same molds to cut costs--but that didn't happen between those two lines.

Grand Toys was the Canadian distributor for Toybiz products.