What's with all the hate?!?!

clonekiller72

I'm pretty new here, and I generally just read the posts cause I like to be kept in the know toywise, but what's with all the hate?

I realize this is a public forum, but why are people bashing opinions? Whether in the US, Great Brittain, the EU, or the rest of the free world, free speech is essential to civil culture. And the bashing of friendly collectors who mearly wish to state thier dis-approval with peers across the globe is appaulling.

People should be ashamed. Espescially if people are just doing because the internet offers privacy. That doesn't diminish your responsibility to be a decent person, it increases it. You are on an international forum, and whether you realize it or not, you are representing your country in some small way. I've read political and cultural insults here, just because someone is stating thier approval/disapproval of ML product. Just because people are sick of hearing Hasbro Hate, (though there's alot of it) people feel thier allowed to make fun of them, or cop attitude. It's very prevalent through out the boards here. As I've read before, "it's not like you're forced to read it" regarding Hasbro Hate threads, just the same as haters don't have to read Hasbro Lovers threads.

But we are all fans, and have personal opinions on "things" we hold dear. That's what has made these forums interesting in the past, but now there's such an attitude here that I myself am afraid to post.

This is my first, cause I love coming here to find toy news, but the negativity sickens me.

For the record, my heart goes out to anyone who has been bashed here for voicing thier opinions. Marvel collectors and fans have been put through alot through-out the switch over, and the current lack of news, quality issues, and supply issues have made things difficult.

I personally think all the hate talk would stop if Hasbro tried to give a few answers.

For example we still haven't gotten confirmation on the last wave of ICONS. I guess it does'nt look good, but why string it out? If the lines cancelled, announce it and let the fans deal. But the "limbo" approach is aggravating.

Generally, this has been pretty annoying, and I think it's fueling the hate.

Face it, we are all here for knowledge about toys, and a peer to discuss it with, but when people are jsut out there to dig in or snipe posters, the whole forum loses it's appeal. Insults and name calling are just as bad as some of the agressive attacks on posters.

And to the people in the EU and Brittian, sorry for the ignorance regerding your plight to collect your favorite brands. I'd love to help out if I can. Feel free to drop a message.

"Stay classey, San Diego"

@notworthy@

I couldn't agree with you more man... however as much as you may see it here in TNI you can't forget that this type of stuff goes on EVERYWHERE in the internet not even with Toy sites as I collect and have many different hobbies.

As long as there are human beings in this world there will be different opinions about everything and people just have to respect each other. I always thought religion and politics were heated issues but these days it seems like the smallest thing brings out the worst in people.

Please do not be discouraged because I have see it here and in every other site I have ever posted on. There will always be users who are out to just prey on people with opinions opposite to theirs and as a moderator myself and the rest of the mod team, we try to crack down on those who make these boards hate-filled. TNI has always been a place for collectors to hang out and have fun so if you do see negativity don't hesitate to contact JayC for he deals with it more than anyone on here that goes for other web-masters in the internet world as well.

Thanks for this post.

hey there, welcome. Personally I think we see so much hate here, not because people don't respect the opinions of others, but because we see too many of the same threads and people get tired of it. Most of the time it's hasbro lovers vs. hasbro bashers. While I wouldn't care if there was a 50 page thread just for Hasbro bashing and people arguing either way, I would prefer that to 25 2-page threads about the same thing. Anyhoo, that's my 2 cents. Good post

ive set up topic and they have turned into something nasty, i have no problem with the hasbro products, however when it comes to them only been sold in america and people complain about how they have these figures but dont like them, i like them just cant get them in england, thats when it begins to irritate me, but apart from that im cool. :)

People should be ashamed. Espescially if people are just doing because the internet offers privacy. That doesn't diminish your responsibility to be a decent person, it increases it. You are on an international forum, and whether you realize it or not, you are representing your country in some small way. I've read political and cultural insults here, just because someone is stating thier approval/disapproval of ML product. Just because people are sick of hearing Hasbro Hate, (though there's alot of it) people feel thier allowed to make fun of them, or cop attitude. It's very prevalent through out the boards here. As I've read before, "it's not like you're forced to read it" regarding Hasbro Hate threads, just the same as haters don't have to read Hasbro Lovers threads.

Chalk it up to people not knowing how to discuss or debate something without making it personal.

Its not personal, its just a discussion and not agreeing is part of that.

See, if someone disagrees with someone else, there's a opportunity to discover something there.

A disagreement means there's two different POV's to something.

What are those two parties seeing differently?

What can be learned here?

Unfortunately......that's not what happens often. Instead, more than a few parties lack the maturity ( or shall we dare say, the intelligence) to understand that its not THEM that's being "attacked" but rather the points they make.

I don't know about you, or anyone else, but I'm not the arguments I make.

When those weaker debaters fell put on, they resort to personal slams because they have simply overlooked that its not personal. The discussion falls apart from there.

The purpose of discovery ina discussion to to provide a person with a alternative to a POV that may not work for them.

If someone is complaining about something, they have hit some kind of impasse with that thing.

Telling that person that there are options to their POV can bring them to joy, rather than keep them in misery.

The suprising thing is.......a LOT of people seem all too ( blindly) eager to embrace misery rather than joy--simply because its what they know more of. Its comfortable to them. Trying something new or different present the unknown........and what do people do when faced with the new and unknown?

Right, they tend to fear it--so they stick with misery.

And what else do they say about misery? It loves company.

Personally.........I don't care what another person's POV is. As callous as it sounds, I'm not in their head, living their life or seeing things there way. I'm on my own journey, thank you.

Out of grace, I choose to offer what I feel is advice and words to help others find their own grace and joy.

Sometimes those words are a gentle nudge, sometimes they are a slap.

Its not up to me how they respond to those things, but the intention is never malicious.

They only thing a person can do is hope that the other parties eventually see those intentions for what they are.

Chalk it up to people not knowing how to discuss or debate something without making it personal.

See, if someone disagrees with someone else, there's a opportunity to discover something there.

Unfortunately......that's not what happens often. Instead, more than a few parties lack the maturity ( or shall we dare say, the intelligence) to understand that its not THEM that's being "attacked" but rather the points they make.

When those weaker debaters fell put on, they resort to personal slams because they have simply overlooked that its not personal. The discussion falls apart from there.

The purpose of discovery ina discussion to to provide a person with a alternative to a POV that may not work for them.

If someone is complaining about something, they have hit some kind of impasse with that thing.

Telling that person that there are options to their POV can bring them to joy, rather than keep them in misery.

The suprising thing is.......a LOT of people seem all too ( blindly) eager to embrace misery rather than joy--simply because its what they know more of. Its comfortable to them. Trying something new or different present the unknown........and what do people do when faced with the new and unknown?

Personally.........I don't care what another person's POV is. As callous as it sounds, I'm not in their head, living their life or seeing things there way. I'm on my own journey, thank you.

Out of grace, I choose to offer what I feel is advice and words to help others find their own grace and joy.

Its not up to me how they respond to those things, but the intention is never malicious.

They only thing a person can do is hope that the other parties eventually see those intentions for what they are.

ARROW you have done it again!

Everyone should read your post so we can live in Harmony! #US1#

ARROW you have done it again!

Everyone should read your post so we can live in Harmony! #US1#

"Imagine all the people

Living life in peace " :)

what's with all the hate?

did you ever try to determine where all the hate come from?

what started this and triggered all this?

well, all the hate came from the hasbro-haters and the hasbro-bashers... there's a fine line between stating your opinion and being an irresponsible post-happy very-impossible-to-satisfy kind of whiner...

the others of us here are just trying to protect and salvage what little good and fun is left of this forum... this place has changed so much...

Maybe a little toy news would disperse the hate a little bit. I think eveyone really is just frustrated with lack of toy news. I've come to the conclusion that after the Iron Man movie stuff we're not going to see anymore new toys out until june or july. This is a year of trail and error for Hasbro, they'll learn. But no more hate on the forum, lets discuss our wishlist and what have you. I mean isn't that what the forum is for anyway, to disuss the topic of Marvel toys and not Hasbro is the root of all toy evil? I think those most recent Hasbro bashing posts really brewed up alot of hatred. I as well as many others are here to discuss toys thats it.

well, all the hate came from the hasbro-haters and the hasbro-bashers... there's a fine line between stating your opinion and being an irresponsible post-happy very-impossible-to-satisfy kind of whiner...

the others of us here are just trying to protect and salvage what little good and fun is left of this forum... this place has changed so much...

Are you kidding? So, the people who don't like Hasbro are whiners, and the people that like Hasbro are the the ones protecting the good of these forums?

That's what this thread author is talking about. You don't like someone else's opinion, so they're automatically the ones causing problems.

You don't have to read the threads you don't want to. It's that simple. Take responsibility for your own actions and feelings and stop blaming the hasbro haters like it's their fault you not having fun. YOU choose to read the forums, and YOU choose to either ignore the other opinions or bash those that voice them.

But my opinion probably doesn't matter as much as yours since I'm one of those "Hasbro haters" ruining these boards.

Are you kidding? So, the people who don't like Hasbro are whiners, and the people that like Hasbro are the the ones protecting the good of these forums?

That's what this thread author is talking about. You don't like someone else's opinion, so they're automatically the ones causing problems.

You don't have to read the threads you don't want to. It's that simple. Take responsibility for your own actions and feelings and stop blaming the hasbro haters like it's their fault you not having fun. YOU choose to read the forums, and YOU choose to either ignore the other opinions or bash those that voice them.

But my opinion probably doesn't matter as much as yours since I'm one of those "Hasbro haters" ruining these boards.

oh, right... yes, no one's forcing me to read the threads... i'm not whining about hasro-haters, i'm stating facts... have you even counted how much hasbro-hating threads we have here?

and, oh, right... no one's forcing you too to buy hasbro products... you don't have to buy their toys if you don't want to... IT'S THAT SIMPLE TOO. you don't like them, don't buy them. yeah, you can voice your opinions. you can say you don't like them. but there are ways you can voice your opinion responsibly. is saying "hasbro sucks" responsible enough? i don't think so! where are the manners that we've learned when we went to school?

so, you hate hasbro so much? why? did they never do anything right? are all their products crap? they make good g.i. joe figs, star wars figs, and other great figs... so, where does your hate come from? you said you're a hasbro-hater, so i guess you should just stop caring... just start caring again when the license is no longer theirs...

and i think you didn't understand what i said earlier... go read it and say which side of the line are you on.

peace.

a lot of peaple here are talking about hate. thats for my point of view a stupid word to say. most of us cant hate hasbro. why should we hate them anyway? there are 100 of guys working there and making decisions. we dont even know them. it is dissapointment we are talking about. big huge dissapointments. dont confuse this as hate, thats dumb. when i saw those spider-man pics i was so dissapointed with hasbro that my first reaction was anger. everyone reacts that way i think and when another dude writes: yeah american products are just for americans, there is when the hate awakens. there is where the topics go wrong. i love the us. never went there but one day i will. i love there movies, there figures and a lot about it. #US1# everywhere on this planet there are pros and cons. thats everyones way of life. we should think about before we write stuff but we should also let everyone let say what he thinks and not point with fingers at someone just because he has a different point of view. did no one saw the mist? that explains it in a way. ;) now a week after i saw the spidey pics i say: whats the point its just a toy and i dont buy it. dc is bringing out great figs soon, so i save the money for them and see whats next from hasbro or should i say marvel stuff. hasbro does great with gijoe and star wars and even indiana jones. the mustafa repainted playset is amazing. thats what i want for marvel too. i have most of the star wars figs and still love them even if i have every character i love. i had greatness with toybiz and i knew when hasbro took over that it would come to this but then again there was hope,again dissapointmented, again hope, again again again and so on and on. now with the 2-packs there is hope again for better but then again with the spidey figs dissapointments. i wait and see but it is nearly 2 years now. at work, if i would take 2 years to learn how it should go then i guess my boss would say; adios after 3 months. @loll@

What's with all the hate?

It's the internet, that's what :P

Seriously, this board seems pretty darn tame compared to some of the boards I've been a member of.

ARROW does have some very good points though. The trick will be getting an appreciable number of people to listen to them. Otherwise, just try not to let it bother you. We can't control how others are going to act; we can only control ourselves.

oh, right... yes, no one's forcing me to read the threads... i'm not whining about hasro-haters, i'm stating facts... have you even counted how much hasbro-hating threads we have here?

and, oh, right... no one's forcing you too to buy hasbro products... you don't have to buy their toys if you don't want to... IT'S THAT SIMPLE TOO. you don't like them, don't buy them. yeah, you can voice your opinions. you can say you don't like them. but there are ways you can voice your opinion responsibly. is saying "hasbro sucks" responsible enough? i don't think so! where are the manners that we've learned when we went to school?

so, you hate hasbro so much? why? did they never do anything right? are all their products crap? they make good g.i. joe figs, star wars figs, and other great figs... so, where does your hate come from? you said you're a hasbro-hater, so i guess you should just stop caring... just start caring again when the license is no longer theirs...

and i think you didn't understand what i said earlier... go read it and say which side of the line are you on.

peace.

I'm not saying I dislike all the Hasbro products. I buy more G.I. Joe stuff than I probably should. You're absolutely right, we don't have to buy the Hasbro Marvel legends if we don't want to. And yes, there's a lot more complaining than there probably needs to be, but that's just the nature of online forums.

Just saying "Hasbro Sucks" isn't the cool thing to do, but a lot of people have given valid reasons why they dislike Hasbro, and other people on these forums tell them to shut up. So which is it? Can people voice their opinions or not? Because how your first post came across was that the negativity on these forums comes exclusively from the hasbro-haters, when it's clear to me that there is just as much hate being thrown back at them from the Hasbro-Supporters.

I love the fact that all of these HATERS have caused Jesse & Co. to work with "The Bro" on a daily basis, so our ML in 2009 will finally be on par with nothing we've ever seen!

Oh, I'm waiting for you to prove THAT claim.

That's deep.

#US1#

"Bashing" opinions is one thing. It's when the pinheads resort to personal attacks that this place reveals itself as the virtual daycare of toy collecting sites. What's the average age here, seven?

Well, based on the dozen or so TNI forums I read though daily, my impression is that personal attacks happen far less frequently than in other hobby forums elsewhere. It really depends on the management of the sites, and here the mods police the forums quite well.

People are allowed to disagree, and reasonably so.......but when the mud really starts getting tossed, that's when the threads get locked.

That MIGHT happen once per week, if that. Lately, its been happening less.

That's deep.

Oh please, its just common sense.

There are some sites where the vitriol is relentless and unbridled, and some where the posting community are mature and sensible.

I'm not saying I dislike all the Hasbro products. I buy more G.I. Joe stuff than I probably should. You're absolutely right, we don't have to buy the Hasbro Marvel legends if we don't want to. And yes, there's a lot more complaining than there probably needs to be, but that's just the nature of online forums.

Just saying "Hasbro Sucks" isn't the cool thing to do, but a lot of people have given valid reasons why they dislike Hasbro, and other people on these forums tell them to shut up. So which is it? Can people voice their opinions or not? Because how your first post came across was that the negativity on these forums comes exclusively from the hasbro-haters, when it's clear to me that there is just as much hate being thrown back at them from the Hasbro-Supporters.

yeah, that's what you should be saying... that you're not saying you dislike all the hasbro products.

you should stop saying you hate hasbro, or that you're a hasbro-hater... because after all, you still love their joes...

just say you don't like hasbro MLs, or hasbro marvel products... because saying that you're a hasbro-hater is a totally different thing...

it's just like this: your parents may do some things that don't please you... they do some things that annoy you... but they still do a lot of good things for you... you don't hate your parents... you don't say you hate your parents... you say you dislike some of the things that your parents do...

sometimes when you want to express something, your emotion gets in the way... you say things you are not supposed to say... you say things you do not meant to say... and you say things which do not have ground or basis...

and that was what i was saying from the start... if we arresponsible enough with how we act/speak, then we wouldn't be here spreading hate and killing all the fun...

yes, i agree, hasbro has made a lot of bad figs with the ML line, but they're getting better... yes, you can voice your opinion, just be responsible enough in ststing them...

i hope everything else here will be settled soon... then we'll have the fun back...

I love the fact that all of these HATERS have caused Jesse & Co. to work with "The Bro" on a daily basis, so our ML in 2009 will finally be on par with nothing we've ever seen!

Oh, I'm waiting for you to prove THAT claim.

Jesse said it himself... in an interview on this very site!

It's so like Watchmen... IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED!!!

It turns out that Wave 3 of Legendary Comic Book Heroes will not be released and that the line is done. Jesse went on to tell us that even though sales were good, Marvel Toys decided to pull the plug so they could concentrate more on working with outside vendors like Hasbro. Jesse was very excited about what was coming down the pipeline and believes that collectors and fans will be very happy come the New York Comic-Con and San Diego Comic Con this year.

http://www.toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=267&itemid=12532

Done.

Heres MY thoughts for those of you that dont live in the U.S.... you have a hobby thats not based out of your native country... suck up the fact thats its not from your native country and BUY THE DAMN TOYS ONLINE AND QUIT FRIGGIN WHINING ABOUT YOUR INABILITY TO BUY THEM IN YOUR COUNTRY!!! If you want to #$#@# and cry about it, do it to Hasbro!!!