Dreams of things to come, GI Joe style

Pizza Man Z

After what we saw at the New York Toy fair, these past few weeks have left me in a daze. I am so psyched about the new Bat, Vehicles (especially the Trouble Bubble), and these entertainment battle packs. But, it just seems like we should have some news by now about the next few waves after wave 8. All we have so far are lists from Wal-Mart and Target spies but no confirmations or pictures (other than the new Bat). I just keep thinking about what I would really like from GI Joe this time around and I would just like to voice my wants or at least wishes for future GI Joe.

Also, I would really likes to see some releases of additional classics that many of us have stated in prior forums of 25th wants. We need a Mutt and Junkyard. They were a strong part of my Joe team as a kid and I would love to see them in 25th style. Also, we need an Alpine. If we are getting a Bazooka we need his good buddy Alpine. I would really love to see a Ripcord, one of my most favorite Joes in the 80s. I loved to play like he was dropping in behind enemy lines and taking out a platoon of vipers for the other Joes to advance. I would also like to see a Recondo figure. He was so cool to me as a kid. Here was this guy that could go into the jungle and take out a group of Cobra and come out of the Jungle unscathed. Another one of my favorites was Blowtorch. I loved the colors of the original and he was always interesting to me, especially with his Blowtorch. I hope that they remake Storm Shadow v2. The one that was made is pretty cool, but he is missing his pouch belt around his waist, his compound bow with the scope, bamboo leggings on his shins, his long baggy sleeves, and needs the wrappings around his wrist removed so that we can see his Clan tattoo.

For the Cobras, I would love to see a classic version of Croc Master. He was always so evil looking to me. I always teamed him up with Copperhead and they took on the Joes with just the moccasin and Croc Master’s crocs. Yes, I want a Water Moccasin vehicle for my Copperhead figure, but that will be another thread. Doctor Mindbender is another figure I would like to see re-made. Not because he was a favorite, but because he was an essential character to the mythos of Serpentor. I really hope that somewhere down the line we get Torch and Ripper in single packs. The comic pack is sweet, but these figures deserve a single carded release just as much as the 5 packs that were released in singles in wave 4. I hope to see more Dreadnoks just the original 4. We need a Monkey Wrench, Zarana and Zandar. I would love to get another Zanzibar with the air skiff or Trasher with the Thunder Machine. We also need more vipers, night vipers, frag vipers, heat vipers, flak vipers and any other viper that I may have missed. We need Metal-Head, Big Boa, Raptor and Crystal ball. Okay I am now getting carried away, but these new GI Joes are just so cool. And for Hasbro to leave any figure out of the developmental loop is just wrong.

I know that they are not planning on making all of the original figures because they want to encourage customizing. But why not create a Customizing kit. I would love to get a kit to create an Alley Viper, or an Airtight or a Pythona. That would be the coolest thing for an adult collector or even a little kid. I remember putting together the vehicles and putting the stickers on in just the right way and I felt so proud after I was done. Imagine a kid of 8 or 9 putting a figure together and painting it with the added paints in the kit. The next day, they would be so proud and impressed with their creation.

Also, I would love to see more weapon kits. They could easily set them up as a Club exclusive or mail away exclusive.

I am sorry to go on about my GI Joe wishes and desires, but after seeing what Hasbro is capable of creating in the new 25th design, I would think it a shame if any of the original figures from 80’s and 90’s was left out.

Also, I would love to see more weapon kits.

I am sorry to go on about my GI Joe wishes and desires, but after seeing what Hasbro is capable of creating in the new 25th design, I would think it a shame if any of the original figures from 80’s and 90’s was left out.

You are not alone my friend. Hasbro knows that G.I.Joe does not pertain to the U.S. alone. They know they have a gold mine here, if they play it right,(Especially to the whole world). Everything you just wished for has a good "chance" of coming true.

The fans are speaking and toys keep coming. Just keep e-mailing Hasbro, and they will at least take it into consideration. ;)

i hope this last long enough to go all the way up to 91. but non of the repeats like stalker in the arctic gear . and they dont give us neon colors. as after 91 the line went down. 1990 was a great year for new charters.

hey i like Artic Stalker with the kayak! was one of my favorites as a kid!

Ditto! and it only makes sense to see if we are going to re-use the same chars over and over again, why not an artic version?

If i was dreaming, i have to say the y could make me pretty happy with just a few more of my favs in 25th style: Shockwave v 2, Hit N Run, Battle Corps CC, Dusty, Dodger, snow serpent, Shadow Crimson gaurd, and of course the new guys: DDP's spirit, DDP Shipwreck, Kamakura, Crosshairs and the stall family. okay that was a more than a few, but those are my very top wants.

I'm really not that big into the vehicles as cool as they are, I just don't have the room or the cash.

I would also love to see the Stall family, Hit & Run, Shockwave (v1 is more likely since they have Beachhead's mold already), and the other DDP characters like Mayday, Crosshair, etc