OK..... Snake Eyes and Grey Timber... $35 WTF

GoodTimeSlim

You see there are 2 types of people in this world:

a. People w/ a brain

b. People w/ a brain but they don't know how to use it.

And of course most of us that post in the forums are the a type. We know how to think. Sense when will the 25th anniversay figures actually be worth that kind of money. Probably in another 5-10 years from now.

As soon as a sucker plunks down his hard earned doe for something that can be had for way less then every other scalper on evil-bay will do the same. Jack up the price, oh and don't let a figure be a variant or a figure that was hard to find.

SCALPERS AND SUCKERS ARE MADE FOR EACH OTHER.

So let the suckers waste there money, after all, its there money, just as long as your not buying it at that price because you should know that its not worth that much.

So as long as you think w/ your brain you will be fine.

Probably late adopters of the 25th line. It seems collectors are always looking for the next "hawt line" and when they come in late, they have to back track a little. The 25th line has really taken off and I see a lot of people that never showed the least bit of interest in Joes, jumping on board because they can't find Marvel Legends, DCUC, or some other "hawt line." Once they grow tired of Joes, they'll move onto the next line and dump all their Joes on the message board and Ebay.

It's easy; supply and demand. Snake Eyes was a peg warmer early on, but he's the most popular Joe. Many people got into this line after wave 1 and it hasn't been available for months. There are a lot of collectors right now and nowhere to pickup some of the earlier figures except eBay. Even when my Walmart restocks with multiple cases, these 25th Joes are flying off the shelves.

Probably late adopters of the 25th line. It seems collectors are always looking for the next "hawt line" and when they come in late, they have to back track a little. The 25th line has really taken off and I see a lot of people that never showed the least bit of interest in Joes, jumping on board because they can't find Marvel Legends, DCUC, or some other "hawt line." Once they grow tired of Joes, they'll move onto the next line and dump all their Joes on the message board and Ebay.

This is quite true. I have ran into a couple late adopters in the aisles. To a man, they all wanted three figures.....Black Timber SE, Yellow Stalker, and the SDCC Destro. In fact, one guy was happy he found the "gold Destro" until I told him that all he had was the IG Destro. Sorry to be a buzz kill...... I told another guy good luck on Timber and he wrote me an email basically saying NO JOKE! I would have thought in this day and age they would have found out about some of this stuff on the internet just after jumping on......I mean how high does YOJOE.com appear in Google as a result when you search "GI Joe"? Still, the new guys I found have all been pretty friendly and have been appreciative for the tips so they just don't waste their time.

You make good points, some collectors have switched over from Marvel Legends which I think in some ways are fueling the fire for a 3 3/4 series of ML. Which maybe kinda hot. I mean if Hasbro has done anything right over the years its been there consistency with 3 3/4 action figures. Personally I think firefly is waaay underrated. He's one of the best out of the 25th series line.

Supply & demand boyos!

Its funny how people poopoo on the people paying that much but at this time there are none in stores and now people want him. look at all old toy lines where a common figure became rare.

Thank hasbro

For what, exactly? Hasbro sees no effect on themselves if a figure sells for $10 or $110 on the secondary market, they've already made their money. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow (first single releases) saw VERY heavy distribution, practically every case shipped from July through October of last year had those two. In fact, I recall several threads from last fall about people complaining about only finding SS and SE.

Mundo is correct, most of this is a result of late adopters to the line. The market usually works itself out, and given the number of SE figures in circulation and considering we're all but guaranteed a new take on the v2 sometime this fall, I don't think these prices will hold.

Thank hasbro

For what, exactly? Hasbro sees no effect on themselves if a figure sells for $10 or $110 on the secondary market, they've already made their money. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow (first single releases) saw VERY heavy distribution, practically every case shipped from July through October of last year had those two. In fact, I recall several threads from last fall about people complaining about only finding SS and SE.

Mundo is correct, most of this is a result of late adopters to the line. The market usually works itself out, and given the number of SE figures in circulation and considering we're all but guaranteed a new take on the v2 sometime this fall, I don't think these prices will hold.

I have yet to see one of these figures in a store heavy rotation or not.

Thank hasbro

And you can thank the stores for not ordering enough soon enough. Hasbro fills orders made by retailers, if they underorder and the line is an unexpected hit, Hasbro just doesn't have a few million extra units sitting around. They have to make more which can take as long as 3 months JUST FOR THE PRODUCT TO REACH NORTH AMERICA.

And consider if you are in, say, the New York metro area, or even Southern California, you have a LOT more competition for the product than, say, guys like me who live a good hour or two from real civilization.

Thank hasbro

And you can thank the stores for not ordering enough soon enough. Hasbro fills orders made by retailers, if they underorder and the line is an unexpected hit, Hasbro just doesn't have a few million extra units sitting around. They have to make more which can take as long as 3 months JUST FOR THE PRODUCT TO REACH NORTH AMERICA.

And consider if you are in, say, the New York metro area, or even Southern California, you have a LOT more competition for the product than, say, guys like me who live a good hour or two from real civilization.

Point taken Although All I really want to do is buy the things. Update My daughter was well behaved yesterday and I felt like she needed a kim possible DVD and into toys r us we went and lo and behold GI joes I had all of them but it was nice to see them anyway. I remembered being a kid.