Said it once, say it again, Hasbro Sucks!

FLOATON

Because we don't need two of these threads every week. If the opinion really needs to be expressed, there's a search feature that can easily bring up ten of the exact same poorly written threads this year alone filled with nothing but 15-year olds rambling about "HASBLOW BEING TEH SUX0RZ!!!!111one"

Having to deal with the same nonsense on a weekly basis is tiresome and grating. All in all, this is one of my favorite forums to lurk and post on, but its really starting to get clogged with garbage threads, polls, and flamewars. There really needs to be some sort of authorization process for new members around here.

i agree! this place is starting to become something like a zoo or a circus because of all these threads popping up every few days or so talking about the same topic which is usually with out basis and which is always full of hate, whining, and immaturity... it's quite sickening.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and most of all, STOP YOUR CRYING. Yeah, I get mad, at asshats like you who #$#@# and moan all the time. nothing is ever good enough! you only see the little bad things, and never the good that Hasbro is actually trying to do.

You get mad? Now who is the crybaby? Get a life! It's a toy message board. If anything here is making you mad, you should step away from your computer and go get some fresh air.

It's totally appropriate for people to express their opinions about the toys in this forum - good and bad.

You would have really loved the Soviet Union. Anyone who complained there got sent to a labor camp. Of course, you'd have been shipped there yourself after the crybaby antics above. You've really got it all in this little tantrum... typing in all caps, name-calling, repeating yourself.

You can keep up your crying all you want, but me and people like are going to keep expressing our opinions about the toys, whether you happen to agree or not.

Well, if its ok to express opinion, why do so many feel the need to remind me/us? Yeah, thats exactly what I did. I expressed my opinion.

Are some opinions ok and others are not?

and he asked us to get mad.

Well, if its ok to express opinion, why do so many feel the need to remind me/us? Yeah, thats exactly what I did. I expressed my opinion.

Are some opinions ok and others are not?

and he asked us to get mad.

Yeah, a lot of people seem to think their opinions are all that matter while no one else does, while thats true to a point(seriously the only opinion that should matter 100% to a person is their own) it does get annoying when they complain about other peoples opinions.

This goes for both sides of the fence really, but i have noticed the hasbro haters are more so then not to be the whiners/criers about things.

Hey, kids! Listen up!

If you ever wanted to completely eliminate any last vestige of credibility you may have had on this board, then try saying something like this!!!

Hasbro's Ironman > ANY of the Iron Man figures Toy Biz released.

This statement is so absurd I fell on the floor laughing.

#US1#

Remember when this forum used to be about action figure collecting not about company bashing and country criticizing. Yes, we know a lot of people out there don't like what Hasbro has done you made that pretty clear on SEVERAL occasions. It's true hasbro has done some bad figures and they have been disappointing on ocassions but so did Toybiz, I mean can anyone seriously tell me that Scarlet Witch, Toad, Ultron are really good figures. On the BAF they made some great ones but Mojo??? give me break. character selection they gave us a lot of different figures but they also made like 15 Wolverines I could army build them I swear to God. My point is both companies have their pros and cons. What I'm trying to say stop complaining and stop attacking each other that's not helping things Hasbro certainly won't pay attention to this pointless bickering. People are saying that if we don't agree with these topics we shoul stop reading, well I say to you if you don't like hasbro's products don't buy them no one is making you buy them leave that figure that you don't like for someone who will really appreciate it. I don't like hasbro's Emma what did I do? I didn't buy it and believe me I really want an Emma figure but not a buying a product I don't like is a good way of letting the company know they need to improve and it has worked well in the past with hasbro since I've been collecting star wars for years and Hasbro eventually revisits the character and makes an improvement well... most of the time. Yes we write a lot of I want this figure made topics but it's because we know hasbro reads this threads and it's a good way to let them know what we want instead of attacking them and comparing them to Toybiz How the heck do yo think green trunks Namor got made? It's not that people are not entitled to their opinion it just that when it's the same one time and time again it tends to get old. I think we should all just shut the #%*! up and stop these stupid arguments and make this a fun place to talk about marvel figures again. But I guess this is just my Opinion!

We are all Marvel Lelgends collectors here having that in common I see no reason not to get along so let's try it for a change shall we?

Remember when this forum used to be about action figure collecting not about company bashing and country criticizing. Yes, we know a lot of people out there don't like what Hasbro has done you made that pretty clear on SEVERAL occasions. It's true hasbro has done some bad figures and they have been disappointing on ocassions but so did Toybiz, I mean can anyone seriously tell me that Scarlet Witch, Toad, Ultron are really good figures. On the BAF they made some great ones but Mojo??? give me break. character selection they gave us a lot of different figures but they also made like 15 Wolverines I could army build them I swear to God. My point is both companies have their pros and cons. What I'm trying to say stop complaining and stop attacking each other that's not helping things Hasbro certainly won't pay attention to this pointless bickering. People are saying that if we don't agree with these topics we shoul stop reading, well I say to you if you don't like hasbro's products don't buy them no one is making you buy them leave that figure that you don't like for someone who will really appreciate it. I don't like hasbro's Emma what did I do? I didn't buy it and believe me I really want an Emma figure but not a buying a product I don't like is a good way of letting the company know they need to improve and it has worked well in the past with hasbro since I've been collecting star wars for years and Hasbro eventually revisits the character and makes an improvement well... most of the time. Yes we write a lot of I want this figure made topics but it's because we know hasbro reads this threads and it's a good way to let them know what we want instead of attacking them and comparing them to Toybiz How the heck do yo think green trunks Namor got made? It's not that people are not entitled to their opinion it just that when it's the same one time and time again it tends to get old. I think we should all just shut the #%*! up and stop these stupid arguments and make this a fun place to talk about marvel figures again. But I guess this is just my Opinion!

We are all Marvel Lelgends collectors here having that in common I see no reason not to get along so let's try it for a change shall we?

yeah... i miss the fun i used to have here back then... maybe it's also because there are no new great toys being released... but i guess when the iron man movie figs hit the shelves everywhere, it'll be fun again...

I think I've earned a reputation for Championing Hasbro's virtues... but I learned a long time ago that you choose your battles, and despite my view of morality, the chant of "Hasbro Sucks" has made progress!

Real life is a SONUVA, and if there's less money for me to spend on action figures... there's more for me to spend on women?!

Firstly, holy run on sentences Batman! Secondly, you’ve been here since this February and have a total of 28 posts. Now call me wild, but I’m going to venture a guess. I don’t think you remember much of anything dealing with this board, let alone a time when the board was mostly positive. Believe me, it’s been quite some time since talk of Marvel Legends mostly consisted of praise. So, either you’re an especially long time reader…or straight full of it. Plus, for what it’s worth, I’ve been here since July of 2005 and I recall a time when the board was always like this, simply the products were better, hence the negativity was down. The essence of an action figure forum is critiquing the products, otherwise…what are you even going to talk about? And this board is a shell of what it once was. This forum used to be the most active on this entire site. Marvel Legends was the top line, and this place was crowded. Toyfair would come and people would be going mad. It would be so busy that your computer would run like a Mac. Hah! Cheap shot, sorry! Now interest is less then half of what it once was, and I’m one of the few remaining members from the Toybiz era’s heyday. Do you have any clue how many people we lost? So your logic is flawed, don’t speak of a time you know nothing about.

Do you think that Toybiz didn’t receive criticism for it’s poorly executed figures? I love when Scarlet Witch, Ultron, and Toad are brought up by Hasbro drones. It’s like they truly believe they’ve pulled one over us. Of course they were bashed back in the day, and heavily too. The hypocrisy of the contemporary Legends fan is in full display. They’re all for pummeling another companies legends, but they treat the Hasbro haters like Nazi’s for even the slightest bit of critiquing. I don’t negatively evaluate Hasbro, I speak up when garbage is made, in my eye, whomever the maker. It just so happens that from my point of view, as well as the obvious majorities, Hasbro has made more clunkers then hits. Toybiz was just the opposite. When the product gets better, the praise will start. Until then, it's only natural you'll see complaining.

Hasbro's done hardly any X men Figures , because Toybiz had already done all the essential.......

X-Men3_08_1_.JPG

I keep hearing that Hasbro hasn't done enough X-Men figures, usually by people who only collect X-Men. Well, just to keep things honest, here's the tally:

Wave 1: Banshee, Emma Frost, X-3 Beast, or 3 out of six.

Wave 2: Ultimate Wolverine, X-3 Jean Grey, X-3 Juggernaut, Xorn, or 4 out of eight. Plus the BAF is Blob.

Wave 3: Marvel Girl, Cyclops, Danger, X-3 Colossus, or 4 out of eight. Plus the BAF is Brood Queen.

2-Packs: Cannonball & Domino, Original Marvel Girl & Cable, or 4 out of four.

By my count, that is 15 6" figures out of 26, and 2 out of 3 BAFs. I think it's about time that they dial back the X-Men presence for a while and let some one else have a shot.

PS. I was also being charitable by counting Quicksilver as an Avenger, although he 1st appeared in the X-men.

Whaddaya mean these forums are all about HATE?!! NO, no, no, I use these as an area for venting, and a therapy when all else doesn't sense. I can say what I can say and you guys talk back, . . Get it? Beats going postal at the workplace ;) Besides since Hasbro is in the hot seat, they took the place of ToyBiz from way back. SO, it comes with the territory. You want the license, you better deliver. Otherwise, drop the hot potato if you can't handle the truth ! ! !

Whaddaya mean these forums are all about HATE?!! NO, no, no, I use these as an area for venting, and a therapy when all else doesn't sense. I can say what I can say and you guys talk back, . . Get it? Beats going postal at the workplace ;) Besides since Hasbro is in the hot seat, they took the place of ToyBiz from way back. SO, it comes with the territory. You want the license, you better deliver. Otherwise, drop the hot potato if you can't handle the truth ! ! !

So you admittedly try to cause trouble to make yourself feel better?

You know chaos theory/butterfly effect happens with the human psyche also.

Might I suggest a therapist instead? :P

But true enough, there will always be something to complain about.

i have to admit i have givven hasbro alot of chances and have been kind up to now but im getting annoyed, heres why..................

i cant buy your marvel legends, spiderman, fantastic four waves because you dont sell them in england, you are loosing money as their was alot of collectors and fans that have missed out due to you inconsiderate course of action to stop shipping them to england.

NO XMEN WAVES what s with that their the only figures i collect, i had so much hope for hasbro this year, but instead they hold back their waves , fail to meet promises, fail to meet release dates, produce shoddy looking movie figures (hulk), fail to ship outside america.

the only good this year is the two packs, and ironman movie figures, but i bet their not in england, :(

i have to admit i like the new look for the figures, i cant fault most of the articulation, all the hasbro figures i have bought i have been happy with, However i have to buy them off the internet which i wont be doing again, EVER, so hasbro if you dont start and ship your range of marvel legends to england and sell them in well know shop like in america, well you will be loosing a fan as im seriously considering quiting collecting these figures they are to hard to find, infact they are unexistant in the uk, unless i see them in uk stores before christmas im quitting, THIS HASBRO MARVEL LEGENDS COLLECTING IS GOOD BUT FINDING THEM IS A JOKE. :(

REPORTING FOR ENGLAND, IM KIT FROST, thank you.

ALSO IF I DONT SEE A NEW MARVEL LEGENDS STORM FIGURE IM QUITTING, LOL.

Wow, I get to bag on the Storm groupie.

How Delicious.

I'm sitting here reading this post and I'm seeing the usual blasts taken at Hasbro. They didn't make [insert obscure fanboy character here]. They don't do paint washes. I don't like BAFs. Hasbro won't deliver to my house forcing me to actually go to a store and look for them. etc, etc, etc. ad nauseam.

Then I get the gem, provided so graciously by the "I dyed my hair white so I could be more like Storm, tee-hee" Storm groupie. "Hasbro won't sell in Europe."

Yer kidding, right?

It's an AMERICAN company, baby. Based on an AMERICAN comic book. Get over yourself. If it's that important to you, move to AMERICA. Legally, of course.

Maybe I'm just feeling negative cause I spent my morning listening to talk radio in which the sound byte of the day is Barack Obama's minister/spiritual advisor spouting anti-white, anti-AMERICAN rhetoric, saying that AMERICA had 9/11 coming and that we deserved it, talking about how the rest of the world hates AMERICA and that if we want to repair our world image we need to lay down and roll over for all the other countries in the world and do what they want us to do and I'm just tired of it.

If the rest of the world hates AMERICA so much they why do they always want what we have? Why are so many people chomping at the bit to EMIGRATE to AMERICA?

You want to talk about Hasbro's products? Fine. You want to talk about how sensitive they are to adult collectors vs. the kiddies that they cater to? Fine.

But DON'T sit there and whine about an AMERICAN company not distributing to you in "jolly ole" England when you have so many other means of getting what you want and are just too lazy or too indignant to use them (i.e. INTERNET).

End of Line

this is the biggest load of bull #$@# ever posted in a thread.so let me get this straight,because europeans dont live in america,they are not entitle to recieve their products? thats a joke right?

the rest of the world dont hate america,they only hate the dipshits like you in it.americans wine about how they didnt find anything in kb's,walmart's and targets's,but us europe folk,dont have them.you give out at how many ml pegwarmers you have, we would kill for that.and have you seen internet prices these days? shipping? an order of 3 figures that would cost 9.99 in your stores would be about £70,and with shipping would go into the hundreds."jolly ole" england gets jack #$@#.how bout you come and live here for awhile and see why we are on at hasbro?

and just because something pissed you off on the radio,dont take your frustration out on collectors who dont have the priveledge of being surrounded by endless stores that will eventually get something,because we will get nothing.

Europe isn't utterly barren ! You guys get those real cool lead-based Marvel Figures. And you can't really find them here except on specialty shops. You can trade with us those real nice, sculpted real comic based statues that we don't enjoy here. I especially like the Storm figure !

yeah,we do....i love em,but still,i love marvel legends more than them.its time hasbro starts distributing,and gets some actual legends on their uk site.

HERE HERE

and uk stores

Excuse me, but why should this thread be closed? Simply because it's mere existence bothers you???

Many on this board have the opinion that HASBRO's stewardship of the MARVEL LEGENDS line has been poor; many others do not. Neither side sees eye-to-eye, so it comes down to a matter of opinion.

I'll assume that opinions are still safely expressed on this board (barring, of course, personal insults and foul language that the moderators deem excessive). Therefore, again, I see no reason that this thread should be discontinued.

In that regard, I'll add my two-cents:

Hasbro DOES stink. They've made collecting Legends a ho-hum, highly infrequent affair. Personally, I could care less when Wave 4 or Wave whatever comes out...it'll arrive when it arrives, and if they stink (like much of Wave 3), I ain't buyin' 'em...

A word of advice: Get used to people whose opinions differ from your own.

#US1#

PS My personal hunch? The 6' MARVEL LEGENDS line will be gone by 2009.

I don't have a problem with different opinions. The problem I have is that this knee-jerk, one-sided, uninformed opinion has been expressed, ad nauseum, by this poster, and that instead of adding to one of several threads that this same person has previously started to express this same opinion, they have started a new one, apparently feeling that "I gave it a week and nothing has changed" is equitable to having something different to express.

I will only speak for myself here, but it's not the differing opinion that I'm having a problem with, it's the repetition.

Marvel LEGENDS isn't going away, but I tell you what can affect the line and all other lines elsewhere. The rising price of oil will restrict the availability of plastic and lead to soaring prices on the toy industry. And what can affect the toys, maybe less waves and more careful selection of characters, or even, God forbid, . . . maybe smaller scales to make it affordable.

Marvel LEGENDS isn't going away, but I tell you what can affect the line and all other lines elsewhere. The rising price of oil will restrict the availability of plastic and lead to soaring prices on the toy industry. And what can affect the toys, maybe less waves and more careful selection of characters, or even, God forbid, . . . maybe smaller scales to make it affordable.

NOOOO!!!!

dont speak that way!!!!

@pow@

that will never happen.....its something i wouldnt even consider a possibility @nono@

No matter what Hasbro, or any other company for that matter, does/would do with Ml, it's not going to please half the collector base. I've seen Hasblo sucks posts just because Hasbro exists. At this point, I'd be happy if ANY company ever made another ML again, just for the peace.....until the I miss threads.

Firstly, holy run on sentences Batman! Secondly, you've been here since this February and have a total of 28 posts. Now call me wild, but I'm going to venture a guess. I don't think you remember much of anything dealing with this board, let alone a time when the board was mostly positive. Believe me, it's been quite some time since talk of Marvel Legends mostly consisted of praise. So, either you're an especially long time reader…or straight full of it. Plus, for what it's worth, I've been here since July of 2005 and I recall a time when the board was always like this, simply the products were better, hence the negativity was down. The essence of an action figure forum is critiquing the products, otherwise…what are you even going to talk about? And this board is a shell of what it once was. This forum used to be the most active on this entire site. Marvel Legends was the top line, and this place was crowded. Toyfair would come and people would be going mad. It would be so busy that your computer would run like a Mac. Hah! Cheap shot, sorry! Now interest is less then half of what it once was, and I'm one of the few remaining members from the Toybiz era's heyday. Do you have any clue how many people we lost? So your logic is flawed, don't speak of a time you know nothing about.

Do you think that Toybiz didn't receive criticism for it's poorly executed figures? I love when Scarlet Witch, Ultron, and Toad are brought up by Hasbro drones. It's like they truly believe they've pulled one over us. Of course they were bashed back in the day, and heavily too. The hypocrisy of the contemporary Legends fan is in full display. They're all for pummeling another companies legends, but they treat the Hasbro haters like Nazi's for even the slightest bit of critiquing. I don't negatively evaluate Hasbro, I speak up when garbage is made, in my eye, whomever the maker. It just so happens that from my point of view, as well as the obvious majorities, Hasbro has made more clunkers then hits. Toybiz was just the opposite. When the product gets better, the praise will start. Until then, it's only natural you'll see complaining.

Wow struck a nerve did I? No seriously dude, it's okay I just wanted a thread other than Hasbro sucks. And yeah you're right I haven't been here as long as you mr. Elder of the forum but I've been reading for about a year now and the quality of the forums has deteriotated cause you know this site has a feature to look back on the topics and previous threads that has been posted. No, I don't have stock in hasbro nor I'm their layer in fact I criticize them and I think they messed up a lot of ml like the Hydra Soldier and I also don't have nothing against Toybiz God bless them they made some great figures like 75 to 80% of their products were near perfect, I merely wanted to point out that not all their products were great either so no I don't think hasbro haters are nazis just repetitive but you're entitled to your opinion. In the end this wasn't to criticize any particular person just to try and mediate the arguments so we could move on beyond toybiz vs. hasbro dispute that has been plaguing these threads for months, but obviusly you took some sort offense in that but hey stuff happens.

i was originally a MOC collector for ML but since hasbro took over, i've taken all the hasbro MLs out of the package. maybe because i think that they're not going to be worth anything. and that toybiz's ML displays better MOC.

hasbro's had their hits and their misses, but if they keep makin them, i'll keep buying them