Random thoughts

Valdin

I really liked that custom that was done last year that was a cobra hiss scale transformer. I would give anything to invest in gi joe/cobra vehicles that could actually transform into scale robots, Even the star wars vehicle would kick ass if they were scaled righ with the figures and could transform into robots. The classics line is awesome because they are trying to incorporate more correct scale to the characters and they are mostly the same size as they should be. I just can't wait to see more characters like the rest of the dinobots (not those damned minis), Insecticons, Soundwave, and Shockwave.

Ok I am not impressed with the line up of 12" figures coming, and the last ones released a year or 2 ago were so so. Now I do like the Mego lines, famous covers, and signature series of marvel/star trek etc figures that came out. I know we just got off the sigma six line and it was good, but what if they reintroduced a 9" line that is a 25th tribute, kind of an ultimate classic line with cloth costumes die cast weapons (an if) with awesome poseability. Even as an added bonus,(something I would like) removable masks and changeable costumes, I would buy into it, not sure about you guys. Just think about all the popular characters that you could just invest in a new uniform pack like snake eyes, stormshadow, Cobra Commander, and the Crimson Twins.

Ok heres another I Idea, Spy troops was a great concept with great figures. I thought it was great, Why not erxpand into vehicles like M.A.S.K back in the day. Hidden urban camoflauge/concealment. It could work with all of the teams, Joe, Cobra, Destro, and especially The Dreadnoks. Like back in the cartoons when Zarana used disguises to infiltrate the joes, then a side scenario is she gets caught makes a get away runs into interference, then converts the vehicle into an armored weapons machine, clears the way and gets away. Or When destro brought his army into play. What if He was controlling an army of cobra vehicles and while the Commander is unsuspecting, they all convert to MARRSvehicles etc.

I would like to see some playsets come into play, like dr mindbenders lab, and to see the VTOL vehicle redone.

My last point is it looks like the build a figure concept is popular and going into different brands. Why not incorporate it into the joe mythos. Even though Gi Joe doesnt need an extra gimmick now, but wouldnt it be cool to have snake armor parts ready to put together from several figures in a wave, or what about some of the bigger characters from the comics/cartoons? Theres some cool big characters/robots/aliens/monsters etc that could be nice additions. What about having a bigger better Nemesis Enforcer, and/or Golobulus?

I don't know if I would be in the minority or not, but once my Joe vehicles start to transform into vehicles, I am throwing in the towel. I tolerated it in the comics, but I will totally pass on them if they try to incorporate it into the toy line.

Not bad ideas though. Keep those wheels turning!

I know what you mean, truly. I like the cross overs in doses. I wouldn't want them to be a permanent part of the line. I was just thinking out loud of the possibilities like to have a random snowcat that could turn into an autobot or starscream being abled to fit a cobra troop in the cockpit and take on a skystriker. Or 1 out of a hundred terrordromes turns into a decepticon to battle the joes. Like an episode of the cartoons it has a begining and end, with a unique story, then once that episode is over the normal joe vs cobra episodes would resume with no mentions of giant robots. It could be like a mini movie.

I think if Gi Joe is this popular now, and when vehicles come down the road, that I think it would rock to see concept art vehicles like the hiss tank with lowering canopy. Thats one of the main ones I saw that I definetly want to see. I haven't seen much else concept wise. They did 3 vehicles full scale in star wars like that, and had the action fleet series that came with mini concept vehicles.

What I don't understand is that when star wars came about as a redone line in 95 they amped up production, and it wasn't long before we saw vehicles and the figures in bigger quantitys. My beef is I think Gi joe is taking off strong but they are not getting the recognition they deserve. Month after month of going into the stores and seeing empty pegs. I could be wrong but I think these are selling better than sw was when it was redone at first, either that or stores are holding off on ordering so much so they don't get stuck with peg warmers. These arent warming pegs at least for that long for where and what I'm seeing. Online stores are selling out, so wtf? I went to a toysrus in carlsbad yesterday and saw remaining sigma 6 on shelves but the 25thers werent good enough and on a metal extension setup close to the endcap. There was a couple figures and 2 packs, but not much. When are the stores going to amp up the ordering (or hasbro amp up the production which i'm not sure they are doing either) take this line seriously and give it some legs. it already has wings cause they are flying off the shelves. I am sick of seeing empty (minimal) pegs at stores. This line does seem like a line to go toe to toe with star wars. If they kept going and made all the figures, expanded characters and all then started to release mostly more redone mains (like sw is doing now) would you buy into it? I might, but that is why I stopped with star wars, I had all the characters I needed and didn't need to keep collecting for collectings sake. But I think when it happens with gi joe, I'll make extra room. I love what they are doing now, and just can't wait to see more as it comes out. I won't buy mighty mugg versions of gi joe if it comes to that.

I'm not much for micro machines or matchbox cars or whatever, but I did really like the action fleet line for star wars with several spin off properties. They started with the mini character heads that turned into mini playsets, but then moved to smaller forms of the regular vehicles and playsets (planets etc) with small figures. I would think it would be cool if they did a run of the gi joe vehicles like that with bases as well like the terrordrome. This would be cool to set up dioramas etc and work out battle scenes etc, and be good for people with limited space.

Another thing I was thinking about is the style of articulation is very cool and 4" figure base is a very good size for figures. I think my gi joe figures look pretty darn cool next to my marvel figures and they have about the same articulation. That brought me to thinking what else would I like to see in the 4" Joe articulation range, not nessicarliy as in cross over ideas but just for the sake of it. I have seen the 4 " predator/alien figures and want to pick those up. I did have some smaller figures not sure if they were 4" or not but they were of robocop and the terminator skeleton. They were a little cheap but and had less articulation. I would definetly go buy those if they had kind of a metal finish (especially the terminator figure) and the joe articulation. Also 2 other lines came to mind. Thundercats, and M.A.S.K. with the transforming vehicles. I had both lines as a kid but thought thundercats were too big, and mask was good but a little small. In the 4" scale they would be more detailed and poseable. As far as this point goes, I would sooo pick up a set of dc 4" figures if they ever came out. I know theres the animated figures but im not much for that style of figure, and I like the bigger figures, but like I said would prefer them in the 4" scale. I know there is the microman figures of batman and am thinking about picking those up but can't find them anywhere, and am hoping to see more of a variety of heros and villains.

With the Gi Joe dvd+figure packs we saw recently will those be listed in the dvd section with release dates, or in the figure aisle with no info? If it has the dvd with it hopefully places like best buy would get them so as more of a chance for us to pick them up. But I'm sure they will just end up in the toy dept. I can't wait for those.

I still would like to see something gijoe as far as a 9" line more based 25th tribute kind of mego/famous covers/signature series with removable helmets, awesome weapons and changeable uniforms (like we had with the old 12" hall of fame figures) but more appropriate with the Joes/Cobra. Like buying 1 destro that would be based on v1 then getting the blade destro uniform with gold helmet. Then if he gets a costume change down the road, save on figures and just get the new uniform. Also another example would be the Crimson Twins in standard v1 outfits, just get them thier arbco businessmen suits or battle armor for combat. I would be so all over this line if it ever came out. When it comes to the 9" lines though they are hit or miss, the star trek line did well, and sigma six went well, (if those adventure teams ever came out that were discontinued, I'd but them they looked awesome). but the signature series of marvel didn't go anywhere, but the famous covers line and mego both lasted for awhile.

Hopefully we will get some good sideshow news on the 12"ers soon! I like the star wars figures they are doing but have so many of the hasbro 12" ones that were done, that I don't really need those. I have most of the Gijoe RAH figures but for the most wasn't really impressed with all of them, there were some good ones dont get me wrong. I even went as far as getting in some customizing that went pretty well, but if we get some decent ones from sideshow, I think I'll get those. I got a hundred dollar gift card from the comic con last year and hope to start my collection off right by using that. I was going to use it on the star wars line but don't want to get stated in that. Once I start, if they are cool enough, Its hard to stop after that.

I know that we've had several different versions of cobra commander, and I like them all, have them all. Now just out of curiosity, how cool would it been to have a cobra commander with more head size accuracy, and for the faceplate to be chrome, like destros mask. I would deffinetly like to see that as well as a chrome faceplated viper. I just got to thinking that after seeing the awesome full size mask replicas on ebay.

Wow...I looked at the first post, and then scrolled through the rest of this thread...and I gotta be honest...you lost me in the first 2 sentences.

I'll come back and read this when I have more time. ;) @lol@

Is gi joe getting the shaft in the toy world and to the fans? Think about it. When gi joe came out back in the 80s it was something new and cool and it grew and lasted for quite awhile, back then we saw giant playsets, vehicles, and lots and lots of figures. Star wars came back out in 95, was hard to get for the first little bit, then we saw it grow and turn into something great. Now with gijoe, after the lines that came, did well then made way for new lines, we have a awesome gi joe line that sells out constantly. But where is the support? After being out for almost a year we still see more new figures that keep selling out. I like what I'm seeing so far, but I WANT MORE, and not to have to hunt 20 stores to still come home empty handed. I love the fact that they keep selling out, but is it a supply issue, or the fact that the stores are skeptic about the line, just think underordering is ok or what? I mean I could be wrong and they are just underordering so it looks better than it is, but that can't be right if they are selling out online too. So now we are starting to get exclusives too at three different stores, which is cool, but I don't think the stores are giving their full support. What the heck is going on at the stores? Toysrus had the 25th line to a little speck by the end the last time i checked and it was like that at 2 different stores. There are a bunch of the other military lines clogging up shelf space, and sitting there collecting dust. Some of the other things there are cool, and I might pick up, but there is so much junk there too. There are areas that are empty with room that they could stock up, but its just not happening.

I am liking the pic of snake eyes from the movie that came out, and that gives me hope for the movie. I also look forward to the future of the gi joe line if it ever gets legs to take off like it should. The other more recent joes werent flying off the shelves at this rate and were getting a cartoon series, dvds, and vehicles etc. Now that hasbro is seeing that they got the chemistry right are they turning a blind eye to the possibilities, or just letting this happen without jumping on the opportunities. Could hasbro just be seeing and thinking this line will lose steam sooner than later and WANT it to taper off so the movie products can come out and take over like the transformers lines, where they put all else on hold while the movie toys took over, and did well until now. I don't want to see the 25th line go on haitus for the movie. Like I said, I want more, am liking what I am seeing to come, but dammit we need more now. I want to see more figures and eventually vehicles in the stores in good spots. What can they do to fix this?

Before the only thing I had back home, in the small town in pennsylvania, to worry about was when the simpsons line came out, my small walmart store never got the line. I thought something was wrong and wrote to walmart online, and got a respose from the local store saying tough luck, we are not going to carry that line. The small walmart, (since it was the only store there taking over) eventually turned into a super walmart, and then they still didn't want to carry the line. I am thankful that the stores are carrying the gi joe lines. I am however discouraged that writing the company gets you nowhere fast, and don't know what to do or who to write to get hasbro and the stores to wake up to this line. I know living in a big city doesn't help with hunting down figures, and the more popular characters are going to be next to impossible to find. I've been lucky so far. But seriously, come on, a line still going strong for this long, and still can't find the toys in stores. Considering todays market when so much comes and goes so quickly, and it is rare for a line not to end up going on clearance making way for the next thing. This line in my eyes is doing great, but it could be doing alot more. I think it deserves more respect than it is getting. I appreciate all the great work the guys are doing to bring us this line, and the efforts being put forth to improve and gives us more, but, Hasbro is probably amping up for the movie with people dedicated to that line, and missing out to give us more on this line.

you know.. there are blog sites out there :P

I know, but I wanted a spot to put my thoughts, and get feedback, and have talks with people about GI Joe, and thought this is a great place to do that. I like the people here, and value everyones opinions and criticisms. I've never got into blogging before, and don't think anyone would want to read what I had to say. Hopefully here, people like what I am writing, and we can share our thoughts, and if they don't then I am open to hear what they have to say. Like the title says, this is my random thoughts and ideas on the subject of gi joe, and anyone else who wants to put in random thoughts, ideas, debates or whatever are more than welcome to do so.

Wow...I looked at the first post, and then scrolled through the rest of this thread...and I gotta be honest...you lost me in the first 2 sentences.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...00&start=80

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...00&start=80

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=6633

This was what I was talking about with the full sized gijoe/cobra vehicle transformers. The second I am sure is like the star wars transformers size, but was just a reference to what I was talking about. Hope this helps. In future I will try to add references as not to confuse. Sorry about that.

I actually liked that. I couldn't believe it when I saw it in stores. I picked it up right away. It wasn't accurate but cool none the less. I didn't see hear anything after that. I do know they did a repaint shortly after. I guess it didn't do as well as thought, or was just a small test that wasn't supposed to go anywhere. Like I said before, I know it would be near impossible, but actually scaled vehicles that turned into transformers would be cool. I would buy smaller scale like the star wars which I think to hasbro would more reasonable, but if the test didn't do that good, I guess we won't see either choices. Personally Over those I could go for a action fleet scaled set of vehicles. I did do some research, and back in the 90s galoob was bought out by hasbro, which I didn't know. I do see other companies make smaller vehicles to go with movies, like the golden compass had some vehicles and I forget what else. I do think that hasbro might have tried to bring back the star wars line a little while ago. Might not have went over well, or is just on hiatus.

• 3 months later...

I live in Chicago and attended the WizardWorld on Friday after work. I really wanted to try to buy some of those partially released B.A.T.'s for my 25th Joe collection. No Vendors had them so I bought a Spirit (not a bad figure once you customize it a little) and with a little help from my friends I found something I missed out on a while back. A Jim Lee style X-men classic cyclops to go with my now complete X-men era 1990 team (Cyclops, Wolverine-brown uniform, Colosus, Psyloke, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Beast and Professor X.

P.S. My girlfriend accepts my toys.

Cool! My ex-wife who I was with for 10 years didn't care or mind that I collected. I had a great job, we had all we needed, a roof over our heads working cars, a 3 bedroom trailer bought and paid for with land. As long as she had her animals, which she had a lot including a horse, 3 dogs 3 cats etc etc. I had 2 ferrets which was alls I wanted. I have to admit I did go a little haywire with the toys and bought everything under the sun that I wanted, it got so bad that the 3rd bedroom which was going to be the kids room, and the shed became overflowing with toys. Well, the kids never happened, and after 10 years, I decided I wasn't happy anymore, so we got divorced. After 4 years I met someone on the totally oposite coast in san diego ca. She is awesome and likes alot of stuff I like, but her condition was that I didn't move out here and overtake her home with toys. So I had to make the ultimate sacrifice and sell most everything I had. I was not parting with my gi joes, but I found that most of the stuff I had was marvel figures. It filled more room cause they were all on card. I was wierd and liked to open the figures and maybe display them or tinker with them, then after awhile put them back in the bubble and store them away. I sold all my star wars and marvel to a friend for 500 bucks, which his wife had an ebay store and liked to sell stuff on ebay.

Now since the 25th is giving us a fresh start, and I had to leave my joes back at my moms house until later (when my Gf and I get a bigger place), I am enjoying the fesh new start. I am really enjoying the new stuff.

As far as the X-men goes. I lost my desire to read the new comics or collect the new figures since to my the new movies kinda took something away from the greatness it used to have for me. I like the marvel lengends from toyibz mostly and got a bunch of them to fill the void since I got rid of the other ones I had. There are alot of great marvel figures out there, mostly for an ultimate collection, 1 best of all. That team you said does sound like the perfect xmen team!! However you could't go wrong by adding iceman, and gambit in trenchcoat. Just my 2 cents. (this makes me think of the arcade game, children of the atom, man, that game was awesome.)

I really liked the famous covers marvel figures and think it would be cool to see stuff like that in gi joe form. Sure we had sigma six, but they were a little off to me. I liked them and got most of them, but like I said a kind of 25th anniv meets mego would be tops to me. BTW since I have less room now, I am not saving anything on card. I do save the cards especially the gi joe ones and have them in a folder with the bubbles cut off. Now I have more room to buy more. I am really hoping for a terrordrome down the line, and I am not sure about a USS FLAG, the idea sounds awesome, but I will have to see If I have the room and the money for one.

Kudos on the spirit figure, what kind of alterations did you do?

I am sure we will hear something about the battle damaged bats soon, they are not out yet. I got the confirmation on my order for the bat wave from BBTS and it said that I ordered in time and would be getting the bonus case that has the entire wave and an extra bat and snow serpent.

Also 1 last note, I am soo liking what I am seeing from the joe con, and I am soo all over that rattler as soon as it comes out. I wasn't going to get the conquest since I already have 2, but after seeing that slipstream. I will have to make room lol

Sorry I went on a little too much on this post