SDCC

Valdin

I just had a few questions about the sdcc this year. I was just wondering when we would hear some kind of info on hopefully a couple gi joe exclusives this year. Are there any rumors, and/or what would you like to see?

If hasbro realizes what a hot property gi joe is now, hopefully they will amp up the amount of them this year. But I don't think they do because I still can't find any figures/ comic 2-packs (besides wave1 )/ or any of the 5 packs/exclusives. I am almost tempted to go online as some places are more reasonable (and in stock:) )

Maybe at the sdcc they will showcase the movie figures. My problem is I hate what hasbro is doing with transformers. I hated the movie, they have nothing but movie figures clogging the shelves. I just wish they would get their collective heads out of their keisters, they could have gone full blown with the movie like they did but why in the heck did they put the rest of the lines on haitus. The only line of Transformers I look forward to is the classics line (although the alternators line looks damn impressive ) It is a huge company, they could have kept other lines on the shelves while the movie stuff was out. Look at all the spiderman stuff they put out. Such a huge block they took up, but seriously how many different spiderman figures do we need? (kind of same thing I thought with batman, who needed a banana yellow batman figure? but they did sell lol)

Ok heres my last question (sorry this got longer than I thought it would) Will we have to go through the same ticket dance this year to get into the hasbrotoyshop booth like last year? That peeved me so bad last year. I got there on time, I had preregistered, and the line took about 2 hours to get in, and thats all I wanted was the silver/gold destros, thats all I cared about. The other stuff there was icing. But I got there and they were telling us where to go to get tickets to get in because it was a fire hazard to have so many at one place at one time. Maybe they should have it at 2-3 locales there to break it up, I won't miss any of the scalper stores missing there lol.

Ok thats my rant, I feel better now.

Heres some thoughts. What about since they don't seem to be worried about being accurate as to have the figures with their mini vehicles, why not if they made the chameleon swamp skier as an exclusive mini vehicle. Also since Roddy Rowdy Piper was a hit, why not do a 25th version as an exclusive this year. I know some people don't like wrestling, but he is a new character added to the roster so why not. I was reading the Joe Canuck newsletter and liked the characters they made up like black ice, snow bank, etc, why not if hasbro did a mashup and added a new character, they seem to like reusing old peices so why not. I would like to see a complete devils due serpentor thats comic booc acurate as an exclusive. The one thats already out isnt acurate and could have been better. How about some of the gilders from years ago? I would like to see a new CLAWS glider, maybe a mini playset like the check point. Vypra would be nice to see or maybe some character from cobra la. I would really like to see a 25th croc master 2 pack, but thats me.

What do you all think?

Another Idea would be a 12" figure set 25 style, nicely done, not like the 12" line coming back out that looks like scrap they threw together. Instead of what it could have looked like. I would like to see a cobra trooper 25th acurate. Both of the troopers they have done dont look anwhere near what they should look like. (If the sideshow figures look good, I think I'll have to get some shelve room ready!!)

That would be awesome!! He could have been an exclusive last year since the sarge was there, signing autographs. That would be a nice touch this year, and hopefully Sarge would come back again this year. I wish Rowdy Roddy Piper would come and there would be a 2 pack exclusive. I wouldn't mind a Fridge exclusive for that matter, but doubt they would do it since kids wouldn't know who he was. They better plan ahead whatever they do, since they tested the waters last year with exclusives and only made 1000 Gold destros and 1000 RRP's ( for the joe con) and sold out of both. Gold destro sold out first day, and last I heard they are going for $200 each.

i doubt it look at how they had the destros and then pipers for joe con......i wish i had bought more destros last year.....that way i coud trade one for a piper......what ever the exclusive is this year ( im thinking slaughter...he was siging at the joe booth all sdcc last year) im going to pick up a lot of them.

i doubt it look at how they had the destros and then pipers for joe con......i wish i had bought more destros last year.....that way i coud trade one for a piper......what ever the exclusive is this year ( im thinking slaughter...he was siging at the joe booth all sdcc last year) im going to pick up a lot of them.

They had Destro at Joe con last year, just not the gold version.