Thinking of Selling my ML collection

Nexodusrex

This isnt a sale thread, Mostly I want peoples opinions. I'm thinking of selling my collection. I have this massive collection and I've begun to fall out of love with Marvel legends latley what with the increased prices and poor quality and I've begun to fall in love with the newer GIJoe stuff. I just want to get peoples opinions on things

the following is a list of what I have, and what I am willing to sell

Series 2

-Human Torch

Series 3

-Magneto

Series 4

-Elektra

-Punisher

Series 5

-Silver Surfer W/ Howard the Duck

-Blade

-Colossus

-Nick Fury

-Mr Fantastic

Series 6

-Deadpool W/ Doop

-Phoenix

-Juggernaut

-Cable

Series 7

-Varient Vision

-Apocalypse

-Ghost Rider

-Hawkeye

Series 8

-Black Widow

-Modern Ironman

-Ultimate Captain America

-Storm

-Dr Octopus

Series 9

-Hulk

-Professor X

-Dr Strange

-Bullseye

-War Machine

-Nightcrawler

-Deathlock

-Galactus

Series 10

-Black Panther

-Cyclops

-Mystique

-Mr Sinister

-Omega Red

Series 11

-Ultron

-Task Master

-Scarlet Witch

-Vengence

-Wonder Man

Series 12

-Wolverine

-Bishop

-Maestro

-Ironfist

-X23(Black)

-Sasquatch

Series 13

-Abomination

-Pyro

-BlackHeart

-Green Goblin

-Loki

-Lady Deathstrike

-Onslaught

Series 14

-Luke Cage

-Psylocke

-Longshot

-Ironman

-Baron Zemo

-Falcon

-Mojo

Series 15

-Spiderwoman

-Spiderwoman(Arachne Variant)

-Wasp

-Captain Marvel

-Moon Knight

-Beta Ray Bill

-MODOK

Giantman Series

-Kitty Pryde

-Captain Britain

-Havok

-Thor

-Ms Marvel

-Antman

-Sentry

-Sabertooth

-Giantman

Hasbro1

-Emma Frost

-Hercules

-Banshee

-Hulk(Silver arm)

-X3 Beast

-Ultimate Ironman

-Annhilius(Pink)

Hasbro2

-Shehulk

-Yellowjacket

-Quicksilver

-Blob

Hasbro3

-Captain America

-Cyclops

-Bucky

-Hydra Soldier

-Hydra Soldier(Varient)

-Marvel Girl

-Black Knight

-Danger

-Brood Queen

Fantastic Four Legends

-Dr Doom

-Ronan the Accuser

Marvel Legends Exclusives

-Cannonball

-Domino

Marvel Legends Toybiz 2packs

-Captain America

-Red Skull

-Unmasked captain America

-Baron Von Strucker

-Hulk

-Leader

-Daredevil

-Kingpin

-Sabertooth

-Punisher

-Jigsaw

-Mandarin

-Ironman

Marvel Legends X-Men Boxed Set

-Magneto

-Gambit

-Beast

-Rogue

Marvel Legends Sinister Six Boxed Set

-Black Cat

-Spiderman

Marvel Legends Lethal Foes Boxed Set

-Vulture

-Lizard

-Rhino

-Carnage

Marvel Legends Fantastic Four Boxed set

-Invisible Woman

-Human Torch

-Thing

-Mr Fantastic

-Franklin Richards

-HERBIE

-Dr Doom

Spiderman Classics

-Sandman

-Venom

-Mysterio

-Hobgoblin

-Black Spiderman

-IronSpiderman

-Beetle

Fantastic Four Classics

-Thing

-Super Skrull

Marvel Select

-Mephisto

-The Watcher

thats my collection. again. I'm thinking of selling them. what do you all think?

Well, it's entirely up to you really. That would be an awful lot to sell, but you could sell a big chunk of it. Heck, I’d be interested in a ton myself. I’ve missed quite a few figures over the years and certainly wouldn’t mind picking them up loose - especially the Giant Man series. Some I don't think would move too fast though. But really this comes down to you and what you’d be willing to sell. If you decide to, inform me and I’ll give you a list of what I’d be willing to buy.

You've got some good stuff there, hate to see you get rid of it. I realize you're not happy with the new stuff coming out, but that doesn't change what you have.

Of course if the goal is to clear them out so you have more money for the new stuff you do like, that's something else altogether. You can get some good money on Ebay for some of the figures you have listed. Especially if they are MOC. The BAFs alone will net you some good cash.

Are they loose or MOC? MOC ones tend to get higher prices when sold but cost more to ship. Loose figs can generate some cash but there's a lot of them on the market which drives their value down. I went through the same phase a few years back and regret selling them off. I'm now going back and trying to recover the ones I liked best. Be sure you want to go through this. Good luck either way...

I've been considering doing the same thing for a while now too. Since Hasbro started making figures I've only gotten maybe four or five (out of 30 something including spidey and FF). where as I have almost every figure that TB did from waves 1 thru 15 plus box sets.

My best advice is to look at past eBay auctions and see what they went for. You might do better putting some figures up as singles, but a lot of them would sell better as "lots". whatever you decide good luck and hopefully it something you don't regret doing later on.

It's your call and I would be interested in some of those guys, but what I would do is pack them up and put them out of sight for a while. If you feel like your collection is lacking without them, and MLs just aren't in your heart anymore, go ahead and sell them. If you are hesitant at all, don't sell them right away, because you might regret it.

This isnt a sale thread, Mostly I want peoples opinions. I'm thinking of selling my collection. I have this massive collection and I've begun to fall out of love with Marvel legends latley what with the increased prices and poor quality and I've begun to fall in love with the newer GIJoe stuff. I just want to get peoples opinions on things

the following is a list of what I have, and what I am willing to sell

Series 2

-Human Torch

Series 3

-Magneto

Series 4

-Elektra

-Punisher

Series 5

-Silver Surfer W/ Howard the Duck

-Blade

-Colossus

-Nick Fury

-Mr Fantastic

Series 6

-Deadpool W/ Doop

-Phoenix

-Juggernaut

-Cable

Series 7

-Varient Vision

-Apocalypse

-Ghost Rider

-Hawkeye

Series 8

-Black Widow

-Modern Ironman

-Ultimate Captain America

-Storm

-Dr Octopus

Series 9

-Hulk

-Professor X

-Dr Strange

-Bullseye

-War Machine

-Nightcrawler

-Deathlock

-Galactus

Series 10

-Black Panther

-Cyclops

-Mystique

-Mr Sinister

-Omega Red

Series 11

-Ultron

-Task Master

-Scarlet Witch

-Vengence

-Wonder Man

Series 12

-Wolverine

-Bishop

-Maestro

-Ironfist

-X23(Black)

-Sasquatch

Series 13

-Abomination

-Pyro

-BlackHeart

-Green Goblin

-Loki

-Lady Deathstrike

-Onslaught

Series 14

-Luke Cage

-Psylocke

-Longshot

-Ironman

-Baron Zemo

-Falcon

-Mojo

Series 15

-Spiderwoman

-Spiderwoman(Arachne Variant)

-Wasp

-Captain Marvel

-Moon Knight

-Beta Ray Bill

-MODOK

Giantman Series

-Kitty Pryde

-Captain Britain

-Havok

-Thor

-Ms Marvel

-Antman

-Sentry

-Sabertooth

-Giantman

Hasbro1

-Emma Frost

-Hercules

-Banshee

-Hulk(Silver arm)

-X3 Beast

-Ultimate Ironman

-Annhilius(Pink)

Hasbro2

-Shehulk

-Yellowjacket

-Quicksilver

-Blob

Hasbro3

-Captain America

-Cyclops

-Bucky

-Hydra Soldier

-Hydra Soldier(Varient)

-Marvel Girl

-Black Knight

-Danger

-Brood Queen

Fantastic Four Legends

-Dr Doom

-Ronan the Accuser

Marvel Legends Exclusives

-Cannonball

-Domino

Marvel Legends Toybiz 2packs

-Captain America

-Red Skull

-Unmasked captain America

-Baron Von Strucker

-Hulk

-Leader

-Daredevil

-Kingpin

-Sabertooth

-Punisher

-Jigsaw

-Mandarin

-Ironman

Marvel Legends X-Men Boxed Set

-Magneto

-Gambit

-Beast

-Rogue

Marvel Legends Sinister Six Boxed Set

-Black Cat

-Spiderman

Marvel Legends Lethal Foes Boxed Set

-Vulture

-Lizard

-Rhino

-Carnage

Marvel Legends Fantastic Four Boxed set

-Invisible Woman

-Human Torch

-Thing

-Mr Fantastic

-Franklin Richards

-HERBIE

-Dr Doom

Spiderman Classics

-Sandman

-Venom

-Mysterio

-Hobgoblin

-Black Spiderman

-IronSpiderman

-Beetle

Fantastic Four Classics

-Thing

-Super Skrull

Marvel Select

-Mephisto

-The Watcher

thats my collection. again. I'm thinking of selling them. what do you all think?

whoa... your collection is really massive... if i was living where you are living, and if i had enough money, i'd buy more than half of your collection... and yeah, MLs are still good to keep... think about it some more before you try and sell them...

whoa... your collection is really massive... if i was living where you are living, and if i had enough money, i'd buy more than half of your collection... and yeah, MLs are still good to keep... think about it some more before you try and sell them...

Well when I went to catalog my collection so I could get an idea of what I had and what I might be able to sell it for I counted 187 figures. I mean between TB/Marvel Toys/Hasbro theyhave produce quite a few figures.

Looks like you are willing to kick the habit. But if I were you I'd keep my favorites only, the ones that are must have. That way you will not have that much regret if you change your mind. I never bought that huge a collection, because I never was a completist. I only bought what I thought was worth the money, sculptwise and worth keeping.

Okay..........humour me for a minute....

You've collected all that stuff, and you clearly like the brand thus far.......but all of a sudden, you've fallen out of favour with it.

Does that mean your collection is predicated upon having a constant stream of new product?

Do external factors affect your enjoyment of something?

I don't get that kind of thinking. A fair number of people pop up and express the same dilemma, and my "question" to them is always the same.

I mean, the line WILL end at some point--its a given they will one day stop making Marvel Legends. Does that means that all those Marvel Legends that came before will now suck and not be worth keeping?

If you've enjoyed them up until now.........why not keep them?

Are they something you like, or are they a commodity--something that you "really didn"t care much about, but you can now make some money off of ( and people care about money more, right?)".?

Really the choice is all yours, and one you can justify any way you like.

I've asked myself this question many times over the years, and for a long time now, if I really like something I keep it for a day forthcoming when I can appreciate it anew. My thing used to be that if I really didn't want it, I'd give the stuff away or find someone that really wanted the stuff and sell it to them for a song.

If you're not too sure yet, and you must not be or you wouldn't have made this thread, I'd say wait.

Around the time Series 5 was on shelves, I had collected everything up to that point (Series 1-4), and decided I didn't want them anymore, so I sold them on ebay. Then, when the Sentinel Series hit toy shelves, I got back into ML again, and had to back-track and pick up everything I had missed, and recover what I had sold.

To this day I still regret it, cause some of the figures (like Series 1 Ironman) cost me some money to replace.

Now that my ML collection is getting overwhelming, I've been considering going back and selling some of the figures I don't want or care for, but I don't think I'd ever make the mistake of selling my entire collection again, unless I was really hard up for cash, and couldn't make my house payment or something.

I understand your desire to save money and get rid of unwanted figures. I am deciding whether or not to do the same thing with certain figures, but I do plan on keeping my favorites. In fact,there a few that you have that I wouldn't mind getting from you for my prsonal collection. However, like many of the other collectors who posted here, I agree: DONT SELL EVERYTHING unless you are definitely sure.

Take a good look at what you have and get rid of those you dont want. If you feel you can finally do without that whole set, then do it, but not before a thorough mental exam or you may end up regreting it deeply.

Don't sell your figures, you'll end up wanting them back in a few years. I got rid of some Jurassic park figures a couple years ago and I've regretted it ever since and I've spent a lot of money trying to get them back. Ultimately, it's up to you, though.

I've done some down-sizing of my Marvel Legends collection over the past year or so myself. I collected all 15 waves of Toy Biz, most of the boxsets, and Face-Offs. And I also picked up all of HML Series 1 and 2. I found myself collecting a lot of lines at once (GI Joe, Marvel Legends, Star Wars, DC Universe, etc...) and I live in a two bedroom apartment, which quickly runs out of space and not a lot of storage room either.

I haven't sold all of my Marvel Legends - and I probably never will. Deadpool and my Iron Man armory (only missing Variant gold/Stealth from wave 1, variant gold FA, and Hulkbuster) are pieces I would never want to part with. Keep in mind WHY you want to sell them and especially what you consider to be invaluable pieces that you like too much to part with. As many have already said - realizing this was a bad decision 6 months or a year from now can lead to more than a facepalm - it can lead to back tracking and spending much more than you possibly made.

I have used the money I make off these figures (and some other odds and ends I no longer want) and keep it in my Paypal account and whenever I find a new item I want I purchase it with my Paypal debit card. That way I can keep my hobby money and everything else funds completely separate.

But again I heavily stress that if you REALLY want to sell these put them away for a month or two and sit on the decision. Make sure it is something you truly want and not just a momentary bout of boredom with the line.