when u say avengers. What 8 heroes come to mind

abazou

No freakin Spidey, wolvy, cage, sentry, ironfist, dr strange, triatholon, firestar, etc on my Avengers teams!

These are who I will always think of, when I think Avengers!

classicAvengers.jpg

alexrossAvengers.jpg

Earth's mightiest heroes!

No freakin Spidey, wolvy, cage, sentry, ironfist, dr strange, triatholon, firestar, etc on my Avengers teams!

classicAvengers.jpg

alexrossAvengers.jpg

yep old is gold

classicAvengers.jpg

alexrossAvengers.jpg

yep old is gold

Right on! Call me crazy, but I've always been annoyed by the New Avengers. They fill up the team with characters that are mostly more popular elsewhere...and Wolverine and Spider-Man are getting so old. Especially Wolverine for me. Everywhere I turn he's on a new team. It's like writers can't write a story without Logan...and I'm getting sick of it. He's totally hogging the spotlight.

I instantly associate Avengers with Capt. America, Iron Man, and Thor. As for the other five, I'd say Wasp, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Giant/Antman, and Vision are the most iconic. I also tend to think of Hulk, but that's the old school fan coming out of me. I wouldn't say people associate Hulk often with the Avengers, I'm just quite fond of silver age marvel of which Hulk was a founding member of the Avengers. Quicksilver I'm especially fond of, but I wouldn't say he's highly popular or recognizable. He's just as known for X-men.

thor

U.S. Agent

mockingbird

scarlet witch

hellcat

tigra

black panther (blue ver)

moondragon

You're joking, right?

lol i hope he is

i try not to think of main chartors.. plus i like those Avengers

whats wrong with my list.. i didnt know that i can give out a wrok answer

I instantly associate Avengers with Capt. America, Iron Man, and Thor. As for the other five, I'd say Wasp, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Giant/Antman, and Vision are the most iconic. I also tend to think of Hulk, but that's the old school fan coming out of me. I wouldn't say people associate Hulk often with the Avengers, I'm just quite fond of silver age marvel of which Hulk was a founding member of the Avengers. Quicksilver I'm especially fond of, but I wouldn't say he's highly popular or recognizable. He's just as known for X-men.

thor

U.S. Agent

mockingbird

scarlet witch

hellcat

tigra

black panther (blue ver)

moondragon

You're joking, right?

lol i hope he is

i try not to think of main characters.. plus i like those Avengers

whats wrong with my list.. i didnt know that i can give out a wrong answer (spell error ma bad)

no, you really can't have a "wrong" answer. The question was though who you think of when you think of the Avengers (the main Avengers obviously come to mind for most people) and which 7 or 8 would you display (I'm assuming he means Marvel Legends) Obviously on 3 on your list have actually been made as MLs

cap

thor

iron man

wasp

hank pym (goliath/giant man/yellowjacket)

hawkeye

scarlet witch

vision

i think 8 is not enough... but since you asked for 8, i give you my 8... no hulk there...

The Big 3 of course.

Captain America

Iron Man

Thor

Then the other founders.

Giant man/Ant man/Yellowjacket

Wasp

Other long lasting members

Hawkeye

Scarlett Witch

Vision

Lots of others I'd love to add of course but that's my elite eight.

the 8 Avevngers that always come to my mind are

Captain America

Iron Man

Thor

Wasp

Scarlet Witch

Hawkeye

Hank Pym (name your costumed identity)

the 8th spot is a little fuzzy after that, could be Wonderman, She-Hulk, Vision, or Ms. Marvel. The odd one that comes to me, and only bc he appeared in one of my first Avengers comics I ever read is Starfox.

Glad to see that most of the Avengers on your lists are of the the most senior founders/ members of the Avengers when they really were "Earth's mightiest. I cringe when I see people listing Spidey, Ironfist or Cage as their favorite "Avengers'! You can tell those are the ones that got into comics like in the last 7 yrs & never read or collected the Perez 70s-80s Avengers comics when they truly were a powerhouse team taking on the likes of Nefaria, Perez Ultron, the Squadron Supreme, Zodiac, Masters of evil, etc.

I will go back to buying/reading the Avengers when Marvel brings back the team I grew up with & that has the big three, plus Vision, Scarletwitch, Hawkeye,YJ, Wasp & Black Panther!

Glad to see that most of the Avengers on your lists are of the the most senior founders/ members of the Avengers when they really were "Earth's mightiest. I cringe when I see people listing Spidey, Ironfist or Cage as their favorite "Avengers'! You can tell those are the ones that got into comics like in the last 7 yrs & never read or collected the Perez 70s-80s Avengers comics when they truly were a powerhouse team taking on the likes of Nefaria, Perez Ultron, the Squadron Supreme, Zodiac, Masters of evil, etc.

I will go back to buying/reading the Avengers when Marvel brings back the team I grew up with & that has the big three, plus Vision, Scarletwitch, Hawkeye,YJ, Wasp & Black Panther!

Here. Here.

Although a few of the "newer" characters have actually been pretty good too. I loved Mockingbird, SpiderWoman II, and U. S. Agent on AWC back in the day.

I've got a soft spot for Photon, She Hulk, and Hercules from their 80's run.

Crystal, Sersi, Thor (Eric Masterson), Black Knight made a great 90's team

I love Quicksilver, Quasar, and Starfox too.

Hell for that matter Justice, Firestar, and Triathlon (Yeah I said Triathlon, big woop, wanna fight about it?) were great characters from just a few years ago.

Sadly the new guys on New and Mighty Avengers just don't carry the same credentials to me.

Sentry was an interesting character in a "What if?" kind of way, doesn't work for me to have superma...er Sentry show up rip supervillains in half clame to be crazy and call him an Avenger.

Then again nothing Bendis has done has made any sense to me yet. But, Ares? The God of War? An Avenger? Iron Fist and Luke Cage? Dr. Strange? Ares? Young Avengers? Avengers tower? Ronan? Ares? Why is Hawkeye dead? Why is Wanda crazy all of a sudden? Why is Hawkeye back sleeping with Wanda? ARES? Young vision? Why is Wonderman wearing that jacket again? Tony's idea is to do what to the heroes? The New Warriors act all out of character and do what? ARES?????? What happened to Captain America? Is there a reason Jarvis is still there at all? Mutant Registration Act part 2 now it's for everybody? ARES?

Somebody come get me when this crap is over. I'll be in the DC universe, all 52 of 'em.

Here. Here.

Although a few of the "newer" characters have actually been pretty good too. I loved Mockingbird, SpiderWoman II, and U. S. Agent on AWC back in the day.

I've got a soft spot for Photon, She Hulk, and Hercules from their 80's run.

Crystal, Sersi, Thor (Eric Masterson), Black Knight made a great 90's team

I love Quicksilver, Quasar, and Starfox too.

Hell for that matter Justice, Firestar, and Triathlon (Yeah I said Triathlon, big woop, wanna fight about it?) were great characters from just a few years ago.

Sadly the new guys on New and Mighty Avengers just don't carry the same credentials to me.

Sentry was an interesting character in a "What if?" kind of way, doesn't work for me to have superma...er Sentry show up rip supervillains in half clame to be crazy and call him an Avenger.

Then again nothing Bendis has done has made any sense to me yet. But, Ares? The God of War? An Avenger? Iron Fist and Luke Cage? Dr. Strange? Ares? Young Avengers? Avengers tower? Ronan? Ares? Why is Hawkeye dead? Why is Wanda crazy all of a sudden? Why is Hawkeye back sleeping with Wanda? ARES? Young vision? Why is Wonderman wearing that jacket again? Tony's idea is to do what to the heroes? The New Warriors act all out of character and do what? ARES?????? What happened to Captain America? Is there a reason Jarvis is still there at all? Mutant Registration Act part 2 now it's for everybody? ARES?

Somebody come get me when this crap is over. I'll be in the DC universe, all 52 of 'em.

ya somehow after secret invasion i hope we get a real avengers team, not what we have these days

cap

thor

iron man

wasp

hank pym (goliath/giant man/yellowjacket)

hawkeye

scarlet witch

vision

i think 8 is not enough... but since you asked for 8, i give you my 8... no hulk there...

i have to give my 2nd 8...

quicksilver

black panther

black knight

hercules

wonder man

ant man

crystal

war machine

and also my 3rd 8...

quasar

u.s. agent