when u say avengers. What 8 heroes come to mind

abazou

Ok i know that almost all marvel characters were avengers at some point or will be, but if you had to pick only 7 avengers figures to display, who would they be.

Mine would be:

Captain America

Ironman

Wasp

Thor

Yellowjacket

Vision

Scarlet Witch

Hawkeye

(Maybe quicksilver or wonderman as a replacement instead of vison scarlet witch since i dont own them)

I think those 8 represent the core of avengers. Too bad i dont own vision, scarlet witch (hate the figure might buy it tho) or hawkeye.

Ok i know that almost all marvel characters were avengers at some point or will be, but if you had to pick only 7 avengers figures to display, who would they be.

Mine would be:

Captain America

Ironman

Wasp

Thor

Yellowjacket

Vision

Scarlet Witch

Hawkeye

(Maybe quicksilver or wonderman as a replacement instead of vison scarlet witch since i dont own them)

I think those 8 represent the core of avengers. Too bad i dont own vision, scarlet witch (hate the figure might buy it tho) or hawkeye.

Almost all were Avengers ..... NO ! not even 10% were Avengers.........

Avengers That are Marvel Legend Figures:

01.Captain America

02.Ironman

03.Hulk

04.Thor

05.Giantman

06.Wasp

07.Hawkeye

08.Vision

09.Wonderman

10.Scarlet Witch

11.Quicksilver

12.Namor

13.Black Widow

14.Hercules

15.Black Panther

16.War Machine

17.Warbird

18.She Hulk

19.Luke Cage

20.Sentry

21.Falcon

22.Spiderwoman

23.Moonknight

24.Yellowjacket

25.Sandman

26.Beast

27.Wolverine

28.Spiderman

29.Black Knight

30.Captain Marvel

31.Dr. Strange

32.Iron Fist

33.Spider Woman II

34.Mr Fantastic

35.Thing

36.Invisible Woman

Mine would be:

Captain America

Ironman

Wasp

Thor

Yellowjacket

Vision

Scarlet Witch

Hawkeye

Almost all were Avengers ..... NO ! not even 10% were Avengers.........

Avengers That are Marvel Legend Figures:

01.Captain America

02.Ironman

03.Hulk

04.Thor

05.Giantman

06.Wasp

07.Hawkeye

08.Vision

09.Wonderman

10.Scarlet Witch

11.Quicksilver

12.Namor

13.Black Widow

14.Hercules

15.Black Panther

16.War Machine

17.Warbird

18.She Hulk

19.Luke Cage

20.Sentry

21.Falcon

22.Spiderwoman

23.Moonknight

24.Yellowjacket

25.Sandman

26.Beast

27.Wolverine

28.Spiderman

29.Black Knight

30.Captain Marvel

31.Dr. Strange

32.Iron Fist

33.Spider Woman II

34.Mr Fantastic

35.Thing

36.Invisible Woman

Ya well when u consider that most of those avengers figures were released in different varaints and costumes several time they do make more than 10% of the ML series ( Captain america, ironman, hulk, thor, spiderman, wolverine, etc)

and anyway u didnt reply to the actual purpose of the post

When I think of the Avengers I think of:

Cap

Ironman

Thor

Vision

Wasp

Hawkeye

She Hulk

Wonderman

I envision more then 8 tho. My team also adds:

Hercules

Black Knight

Scarlet Witch

Tigra

Black Widow

Ms. Marvel

Namor

Giant Man or rather the girl is it Stature?

Yellowjacket

Falcon

Sentry

Jack of Hearts

Quasar

Black Panther

Photon

Quicksilver

Antman

Sersi

Starfox

Stingray

Goliath

I think of the Avengers as "power". They are a huge roster, a mini army if you will, full of the most powerful people to handle just about any threat. I dont get to much specific other then the core "4" of cap, vision, ironman, & Thor.

The minimum should be 12 (Dirty Dozen) not 8, the regulars or "core" Avengers from the 70's and 80's:

01.Captain America

02.Ironman

03.Hawkeye

04.Thor

05.Giantman/ Yellowjacket

06.Wasp

07.Black Widow

08.Vision

09.Scarlet Witch

10.Quicksilver

11.Black Panther

12.Beast

How about a list of any Avenger villains that were made into MLs. I don't read many comics anymore...

There's a ton of them, and it depends a lot on what you mean by 'Avenger villains'- do you mean villains who fought a united team, villains who fought one or more Avengers (at one time, or on separate occasions?)... the qualifications are many.

For example, Carnage could be said to be an Avengers villain- he is in Spider-Man's rogues gallery, and Spidey is an Avenger. Carnage also tangled with Sentry and Power Man... but technically, none of these characters were charter members at any time they fought, so where does that leave things? If you count anyone who has fought Wolverine, suddenly even the most minor X-villain is also an Avengers villain...

Honestly, at this point virtually every villain has fought at least one Avengers member, and most of them have fought multiple Avengers. Even Doc Ock led the Masters of Evil briefly, and guys like Shocker have been members... Lizard was among the villains in Secret Wars, which the Avengers were a big part of. Mystique and Freedom Force (Blob, Pyro, Avalanche, Destiny) have fought the team at least once...

Honestly, looking at my shelves, it's hard to figure out who wouldn't count.

How about a list of any Avenger villains that were made into MLs. I don't read many comics anymore...

There's a ton of them, and it depends a lot on what you mean by 'Avenger villains'- do you mean villains who fought a united team, villains who fought one or more Avengers (at one time, or on separate occasions?)... the qualifications are many.

For example, Carnage could be said to be an Avengers villain- he is in Spider-Man's rogues gallery, and Spidey is an Avenger. Carnage also tangled with Sentry and Power Man... but technically, none of these characters were charter members at any time they fought, so where does that leave things? If you count anyone who has fought Wolverine, suddenly even the most minor X-villain is also an Avengers villain...

Honestly, at this point virtually every villain has fought at least one Avengers member, and most of them have fought multiple Avengers. Even Doc Ock led the Masters of Evil briefly, and guys like Shocker have been members... Lizard was among the villains in Secret Wars, which the Avengers were a big part of. Mystique and Freedom Force (Blob, Pyro, Avalanche, Destiny) have fought the team at least once...

Honestly, looking at my shelves, it's hard to figure out who wouldn't count.

it true. you can count nearly evry villian in the ml universe as a Avengers villain.

Captian America

Thor

Iron Man

Hawkeye

Wasp

Giant man/ Yellow Jacket

Vision

Scarlet Witch

If you have these then you have the most consistent Avengers, not the cameo guest Avengers. These are the Avengers base everything else is just extra. #US1#

1. Iron Man

2. Captain America

3. Scarlet Witch

4. Stephen Colbert (thats mainly him having cap's shield)

5. Spider-Man

6. Hulk

7. Warbird

8. Wasp

btw, can hasbro make a stephen colbert? i remember watching his show and joey q. saying hed be in the universe. that makes me want to change my sig....

Here's the 8 figures I'd display:

1. Face-Off Captain America

2. Iron Man (Toy Biz Series 1)

3. Thor (Giant Man Series)

4. Wasp (Preferrably the red chase figure)

5. Vision

6. Hawkeye

7. Giant Man

8. Quicksilver

As for reserves, here's 5:

1. Scarlet Witch

2. Black Widow

3. Hercules

4. Ant-Man

5. Yellow Jacket (If you can't get Giant Man)

I'm posting this before I read any of the other replies, so as not to sway my input:

Captain America

Ironman

Thor

Hawkeye

Vision

Henry Pym

Black Panther

She-Hulk

captain america

iron man

thor

hulk

wasp

antman

vision

quicksilver/scarlet witch

cap

ironman

thor

vision

antman

falcon

uh pretty much all that pops into mind right off the bat anything other than that & I'd have to think about it a bit... Were ms marvel and wonderman ever avengers?.. I know they are now... But I am guessing you are wanting original/older avengers and not the newer class ones

THAT is the definitive list of Avengers right there @lol@ Although it might be hard to display 7 of those...

hehe where?

Don't tell me you don't automatically think of these guys when you think of the avengers :P

thor

U.S. Agent

mockingbird

scarlet witch

hellcat

tigra

black panther (blue ver)

moondragon

Cap, Iron man? Ha!

I instantly associate Avengers with Capt. America, Iron Man, and Thor. As for the other five, I’d say Wasp, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Giant/Antman, and Vision are the most iconic. I also tend to think of Hulk, but that’s the old school fan coming out of me. I wouldn’t say people associate Hulk often with the Avengers, I’m just quite fond of silver age marvel of which Hulk was a founding member of the Avengers. Quicksilver I’m especially fond of, but I wouldn’t say he’s highly popular or recognizable. He’s just as known for X-men.

thor

U.S. Agent

mockingbird

scarlet witch

hellcat

tigra

black panther (blue ver)

moondragon

You're joking, right?

I instantly associate Avengers with Capt. America, Iron Man, and Thor. As for the other five, I'd say Wasp, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Giant/Antman, and Vision are the most iconic. I also tend to think of Hulk, but that's the old school fan coming out of me. I wouldn't say people associate Hulk often with the Avengers, I'm just quite fond of silver age marvel of which Hulk was a founding member of the Avengers. Quicksilver I'm especially fond of, but I wouldn't say he's highly popular or recognizable. He's just as known for X-men.

thor

U.S. Agent

mockingbird

scarlet witch

hellcat

tigra

black panther (blue ver)

moondragon

You're joking, right?

lol i hope he is