New Spiderman Waves

Leatusiv

I just got back from Lunch and saw the new Spiderman stuff .The Spectacular SM stuff looks good for what it is but that new wave of the Movie figures....One word CHEAP!! The cards are flimsy(the Spec.SM crads were too)the toys look like crap and no BAF piece and they're still 10 bucks....I think they are testing this to see if they can still charge 9.99 without a baf piece....I never got them in the first place but these have "stinker" written all over them.For shame Hasbro for shame.

I just got back from Lunch and saw the new Spiderman stuff .The Spectacular SM stuff looks good for what it is but that new wave of the Movie figures....One word CHEAP!! The cards are flimsy(the Spec.SM crads were too)the toys look like crap and no BAF piece and they're still 10 bucks....I think they are testing this to see if they can still charge 9.99 without a baf piece....I never got them in the first place but these have "stinker" written all over them.For shame Hasbro for shame.

Have to agree. Just when I was getting behind Hasbro they drop a turd on me. There were two figs in the hero side I thought I wanted. The Wrestler suit Spidey, and the Red/Black Spidey. The Red/Black one looked like it was still a 5" figure badly repainted and crapticulation with a freakin' action hand that didn't do anything. I hate action hands anyway, but to leave one on a figure and not even give a web missile blaster thingy is just plain lazy crap work. That one was soooo bad I skipped the Wrestler one. That line needs to rot on the pegs so they get the picture: Not more crap. You have a good team now. Make good figures.

GEEK

hey you guys, i have a little question. is venom any different? i checked ebay and his head seems different. from the picture it seems that his mouth is wide open. can this be true? thanks for helping out ;)

Yes it is different for the picture on the back of the card. His mouth is open. The one in the picture was probley just a proto type. Happens a lot toys being different from what the pictures shows.

hey you guys, i have a little question. is venom any different? i checked ebay and his head seems different. from the picture it seems that his mouth is wide open. can this be true? thanks for helping out ;)

Yes it is different for the picture on the back of the card. His mouth is open. The one in the picture was probley just a proto type. Happens a lot toys being different from what the pictures shows.

sorry, i was asking about that new movie wave not the spectacular wave. i was wondering if it is different then the one from the sandman baf wave.

sorry, i was asking about that new movie wave not the spectacular wave. i was wondering if it is different then the one from the sandman baf wave.

ohhh..well yeah hes different from the one in the first movie wave his head is different. But thats about it.

ohhh..well yeah hes different from the one in the first movie wave his head is different. But thats about it.

thanks for the info :D since i am a big venom fan, i may get him.

I don't think it is a different head or hands, I think just the paint jobs are different on all these except I'm not familiar with any Green Goblin figure with a removeable mask.

The new Venom has a flat black and grey web lines. The BAF Sandman wave Venom had a shinier black coat and silvery weblines. Both are good figures. I think the new one has a little bit more of a comic feel. I prefer the BAF wave one because its shinier, but I'd say just get the new one if you don't have the old one. They are essentially the same thing.

I don't think it is a different head or hands, I think just the paint jobs are different on all these except I'm not familiar with any Green Goblin figure with a removeable mask.

The new Venom has a flat black and grey web lines. The BAF Sandman wave Venom had a shinier black coat and silvery weblines. Both are good figures. I think the new one has a little bit more of a comic feel. I prefer the BAF wave one because its shinier, but I'd say just get the new one if you don't have the old one. They are essentially the same thing.

yeah i think you are right. he is not that shiny. thanks again man for the pics. thats great of yours :D

For me its hard to tell without a side-by-side, but are the villains much different than Hasbro's Spiderman Trilogy series? I know the Green Goblin has removable mask, but are there any paint/ sculpting differences? Thanks in advance

nothing is differnt when it comes to sculpt on any of these figures

new goblin comes with pumpkin bombs

green goblin is from the first movie wave with removable helmet,he also comes with bombs now too

venoms mouth is painted on the inside now,thats it,and he has webs

doc ock,dunno if its the poseable tentacles one or not,but i doubt it,but he comes with the same sign post that SM3 movie rhino had

I just saw these today at Target. I don't know who would buy these (unless they missed out on some of the villains). I was considering getting a sturdier red and blue Spidey, but it looked TERRIBLE. The red paint on the arms didn't match the red paint on the torso, and a lot of the webbing was barely painted. Huge HUGE pass for me.

I saw these at both Wal-Mart and Target today and I was pretty unhappy. I missed on the Sandman wave so I was looking forward to getting some movie villians. However all of the toys look like someone with a shaky hand airbrushed them. I really had a lot of hope for Hasbro but I am now disappointed. I would be embarassed to give these to a kid. Wrestler Spiderman was hands-down the worst of all of them. The skin tones looked very poor on all the toys. I picked up Venom becuase he actually looked good, and I am happy that I did. I prefer the red/pink fleshy looking mouth instead of the unpainted version. Other than that I was very disappointed.

On a side note, at Wal-Mart, and only at Wal-Mart I saw something weird. All of the half Black half Red/Blue Spidermen were all black in the half and half package. They had the regular Black Suit Spiderman with the Sandman "break away wall" and web accessory, and Black Suit Spiderman with the hanging web accessory in the half and half package. Thinking this was a mistake, I turned the package over an it had a picture of B/RB Spidey, but an all Black in the package. There were 3 or 4 like that. Weird I say. Anybody else seen this?

im glad they have re released the spiderman movie figures, i want a new goblin, sandman, venom, will they get these in england because hasbro has spiderman overhere, and on their hasbro.co.uk website.

HASBRO SELL YOU MARVEL/SPIDERMAN PRODUCTS IN ENGLAND

ive always thought that the ultra posable SM2 figure thats in this and the sanman wave was REALLY slopilly done, like ive bought the origional 1 and the trilogy 1 and both time one are is like SO obviously longer than the other

and the paint is always really crappy, hasbro or toybiz.

its a perfect example of sloppy sheer articilation, his is was happens when you try and make a figure to posable

New here. First post. So i picked up a few of these 2 days ago. First off let me say i went to over a dozen stores (Target, K-Mart, Meijers) That all had them in stock and oddly enough the "one to get" at the moment seems to be the wrestling gear SM. In more than a few cases it was the ONLY figure gone. New Goblin seems to be the next best seller followed by Half & Half Spidey followed by Venom. Random SM's were gon at each location. One odd instance i found nothing but the villians and 1 spider-man with the gargoyle meaning even if they heroes and Villians ship in seperate cases or something half a series worth of SM's is selling pretty well. So anyways i picked up Half & Half, Venom (As i am a completist of his), Wrestling SM & Green Goblin (As My orginals of those last 2 are lost someware).

Half Symbiote SM: My gripe isn't that the whole things made of grey plastic as much as it is the socket pins and joint pices are and thus turning the left arm or leg results inmakeing those pices stick out amongst the red & blue. Other than that it's a nice figure. Not film accurate but still kinda cool looking. It reuses the Build-A-Sandman Black suit mold.

Venom: The orginal release from the 4 that i have scene in person had a much more glossy look. The new one has a very flat look to it. It makes the figure appear to be kinda grey in color which seems a bit more film accurate. The sides of venom's mouth are now painted which added a bit of definition to the head and makes it look more like some of the SM3 venom statues that were released. However they still use the odd shade of pink that was the only real complaint from people on the original release. The eys also have almost a red/pink huge under the silver in comparrission to the orginal. U can't notice it unless you at them side by side thow. Finaly unlike the original release the venom logo on his chest/back is painted grey rather then silver like the rest of the web lineing which is also more accurate. All in all if u missed the first release this one is just as good if not better.

Wrestling SM & Green Goblin. Althow i don't have the originals at the moment anymore to compare them too they look & feel about the same. The Wrestling gear was lubed up all to hell (Yeah that sounds weird) when i opened it. I THOUGHT the original release of the goblin from 02' had gold eyes on his helmet but i may be wrong. This time their yellow. Also to note their is a packaging variation or GG. One version has the helmet on his head, the other has it next to the figure.

these are out already? holy #$@#....

i think what you ment to say was "these are out AGAIN?" :rolleyes: oh well heres hoping that wave 3 proves to actually not suck

You know some of us still don't have some of the figures in these waves(hell the only one i got is SM2 Super Poseable Spidey) so it doesn't really suck so much, and i'm sure other people will be buying some of them and i'm sure kiddies will want em.

You know some of us still don't have some of the figures in these waves(hell the only one i got is SM2 Super Poseable Spidey) so it doesn't really suck so much, and i'm sure other people will be buying some of them and i'm sure kiddies will want em.

you are 100% right, some of you don't have them, but some of us didn't want them the first 3 times they were released and we don't want them again, so please i hope those of you who want them buy them all so maybe this line will survive long enough to give us at least 1 or 2 new figures......

at least with wave two they are moving away from the movie figures. i know it only Shocker and Ult. Rhino rereleases but at least is something that wasn't in the movies. other wise i'm hoping that this wave survives long enough to get Puma and Tarnautla.